You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What would you do ? ..... or what should you do ?

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    poppy765poppy765 Member Posts: 1,504
    I'd be happy to do it on 28p dyms and the 630 freeroll,
    if you think i'm a trustworthy surrogate :)
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    edited November 2023
    And what kind of sample sizing do you think you will get watching eg 20hrs of play, waiting for dominated hands to go up against each other all in preflop?

Anyone can spend their valuable time doing just that if they so wish, but count me out!

It appears people are desperate to go toe to toe on this subject with me.... its cool to have different opinions u know?

I already know the score from 12yrs of disappointing results, im done with looking at whats right and wrong.... players who are unsure can do their own tally, thats all im saying....

As you guys are sure odds are fine, thats cool too....its a little silly to say 'lets have £1k bet',' lets spend weeks of watching gameplay to get a tiny sample of all ins preflop with dominated hands'...

As we all know in advance (typical of online as a whole, the play and forum conversation), you will decide to decipher any info to match your beliefs whatever your findings.....
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 525
    TheWaddy said:

1 It would not be possible for you or me to believe the provided samples from either party, if you are tally charting whenever you witness a dominated hand preflop all in situation (you may not even be involved in the hand).

2 I no longer play hold em, unless its the nightly freeroll so the decent sample size would take years to collect. I have done it previously over years and can see from the freeroll that nothing has changed. I would however, encourage those playing hold em to do a tally chart everytime they see this situation.

3 Good for you if you can afford to donate £1k to charity, but i would probably keep such bets to TV poker players!

I'm happy to record my NLHE sessions and share with you and it won't take that long to get a sufficient sample. We can agree the tallies each session.

This will be easy money for your chosen charity.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 525
    TheWaddy said:

And what kind of sample sizing do you think you will get watching eg 20hrs of play, waiting for dominated hands to go up against each other all in preflop?

Anyone can spend their valuable time doing just that if they so wish, but count me out!

It appears people are desperate to go toe to toe on this subject with me.... its cool to have different opinions u know?

I already know the score from 12yrs of disappointing results, im done with looking at whats right and wrong.... players who are unsure can do their own tally, thats all im saying....

As you guys are sure odds are fine, thats cool too....its a little silly to say 'lets have £1k bet',' lets spend weeks of watching gameplay to get a tiny sample of all ins preflop with dominated hands'...

As we all know in advance (typical of online as a whole, the play and forum conversation), you will decide to decipher any info to match your beliefs whatever your findings.....

Facts will always override your opinions and can only be deciphered one way in this instance. I see plenty of preflop all ins in my games, so it won't take long to test your hypothesis.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    If you see a huge amount of dominated aces/kings all in preflop in your games, is that not unusual? If you saw 20 all in preflop hands in a session, which is a tiny sample, you are saying most of these will be dominated hands and not like JJ v AK? I mean thats odd in itself....

Just do it then and bend the truth in your results.... Afterall, thats what you do best as an accountant! ...

Self employed people pay you to bring down their actual earnings by offsetting anything they can get away with..... everyone knows dropping off little Noah and Portia at their private school in their 4 x 4, will end up as business petrol expenses!

It does not have to involve a whopping £1k charity bet, clearly that has been mentioned just to show your social standing... thats what i make from poker in probably 9 months.