You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What would you do ? ..... or what should you do ?

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,232
    edited November 2023
    TheWaddy said:

TheWaddy said:

Spike4000 said:

if ur so good than why dont u play higher serious question

As your a new clique member, i will tell u, despite you being the latest troll (dont do this, your better than that).

I find the deck performs in such a manner, that it would be silly to risk anything bigger. therefore i continue my interest in poker just on a leisure basis.
    Actually @Spike4000, what he means is he has neither the stones or the nous to play higher DESPITE knowing how the deck is going to play out on any given hand. Surely if you know how the deck is going to perform it's a no brainer to go on a heater.

The biggest laugh is that when everybody calls B.S. on his claims instead of stacking us all and taking our hard earned he changes his narrative and then calls everybody for failing to agree with him.

I think of him as the Donald trump of £1 HUSNGs. He says stuff, has no hard evidence, picks random hands and posts as conclusive corroboration of his theories and berates anybody who doesn't share his views.
    So lets recap.... i got paid $500 a day to play omaha hi lo back in the day, where HU games where $60 a pop... they backed me as i made $1000 from $10 in 2 weeks when asked..... it didnt work out as getting games for $60 was waiting for 2hrs+, had to play a min of 50 games a week and there wasnt enough action and i was playing on a 50/50 split.... taking me 14hrs a day waiting around.

So now after black friday and the painfully obvious change in decks, i play for leisure. I have not forgotten how to play and all i can do is get my opponents in needing some kind of 20% and below chance river.... which they invariably get now, but didnt back in the day. Im thinking 12yrs since black friday is a good sample size. But still im able to post and indeed prove that im making an average of £100 pm from £1 HU games...

Then we get a god fearing loony telling me whats what, a losing player who deposits every 2 minutes... while doing it in a way that suggests he is far far superior to me.. i mean how does that actually work and come across that you are getting one up on me???? I mean the first point surely should be showing that you can play poker, giving you some credability.....

Im mean how far up ones own **** can someone be to not know that its a bit embarrassing challenging me with no track record of poker at all????
    I don't fear God.

Haven't deposited in Months

I am certainly not a "Looney". Bit offensive but I'll let it slide.

What's embarrassing is the fact that you refuse to play people after you've been called out. Can't think of any other player on here that would let me take the pee like that.

Cluck, cluck pass the chicken feed. I'm off to meditate and pray.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,173
    @TheWaddy

I applaud you for putting up your monthly profit from the Summer Months. It's always good to see a steady monthly profit from anyone :)

.....but why didn't you post September and October monthly's ??

or is this down to not making your usual profit ??

I see you've been posting about how bad you've been running lately, does this mean we don't get to see Sept and Oct Profit or Loss ?

From your comments, you still appear to be Living in the Past..... from the days when you were sponsored.

I feel you need to Move on and stop living in the past........

Poker has moved on....... if you were so good, you wouldn't have needed to be Sponsored, and giving up Half your Profit.

'HAVE THE BA LLS' to move up a category or two (££ POUND) to try and still make a Profit at a higher level, and see if you are as good as you think you are. After all, you can always go back to the entry level......

and stop blaming the deck .......it's the same for everyone

GOOD LUCK :)
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,173
    edited November 2023
    TheWaddy said:

TheWaddy said:

Spike4000 said:

if ur so good than why dont u play higher serious question

As your a new clique member, i will tell u, despite you being the latest troll (dont do this, your better than that).

I find the deck performs in such a manner, that it would be silly to risk anything bigger. therefore i continue my interest in poker just on a leisure basis.
    Actually @Spike4000, what he means is he has neither the stones or the nous to play higher DESPITE knowing how the deck is going to play out on any given hand. Surely if you know how the deck is going to perform it's a no brainer to go on a heater.

The biggest laugh is that when everybody calls B.S. on his claims instead of stacking us all and taking our hard earned he changes his narrative and then calls everybody for failing to agree with him.

I think of him as the Donald trump of £1 HUSNGs. He says stuff, has no hard evidence, picks random hands and posts as conclusive corroboration of his theories and berates anybody who doesn't share his views.
    So lets recap.... i got paid $500 a day to play omaha hi lo back in the day, where HU games where $60 a pop... they backed me as i made $1000 from $10 in 2 weeks when asked..... it didnt work out as getting games for $60 was waiting for 2hrs+, had to play a min of 50 games a week and there wasnt enough action and i was playing on a 50/50 split.... taking me 14hrs a day waiting around.

BACK IN THE DAY......MOVE ON :o

So now after black friday and the painfully obvious change in decks, i play for leisure. I have not forgotten how to play and all i can do is get my opponents in needing some kind of 20% and below chance river.... which they invariably get now, but didnt back in the day. Im thinking 12yrs since black friday is a good sample size. But still im able to post and indeed prove that im making an average of £100 pm from £1 HU games...

TRY MOVING UP TO MAKE £200 pm ..... AND AS FOR GETTING IT IN GOOD AND YOUR OPPONENT NEEDING A 20% CHANCE......... AA V A6 SPRINGS TO MIND :*

Then we get a god fearing loony telling me whats what, a losing player who deposits every 2 minutes... while doing it in a way that suggests he is far far superior to me.. i mean how does that actually work and come across that you are getting one up on me???? I mean the first point surely should be showing that you can play poker, giving you some credability.....

ACCEPT THE HU SnG CHALLENGE HE'S OFFERED ......AFTER ALL IT WOULD BE FOR CHARITY

Im mean how far up ones own **** can someone be to not know that its a bit embarrassing challenging me with no track record of poker at all????
    ^^^^^^^^^
    HOW FAR UP YOUR OWN AR SE ARE YOU TO MAKE THIS COMMENT ?? :*:o

I LOOK FORWARD TO YOU EXTENDING MY THREAD FURTHER ;):D:D>:)
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,385
    MISTY4ME said:

@HAYSIE

Morning Tony

I'm not going to go fully into the way I play satellites, 'coz that would be useful info for other players I play against...... including yourself ;)

I think we can gather from what you've revealed, that you will be calling a SHOVE in a situation that you probably shouldn't........ and maybe that's a similar case with me CALLING a SHOVE with A-Aces, but I'd much rather CALL with the best hand I could have.

As I think I've told you, I've been running a small study on AIPF with Q-Queens and it currently stands at 9 WINS + 9 LOSSES so 50/50..... which is a risk I wasn't prepared to take at that time.

However when I got dealt A-Aces 10 hands later, the situation had changed, and holding the best starting hand I could have, I thought it was the best opportunity I would get to KO a player, and secure my seat, especially as it was my BB and I already had 1200 chips invested.

If I'd played the Q-Queens and lost (50/50 going on my study) and then been dealt all the subsequent hands I got, then I would have gone out with the A-Aces,

.......but ALL that is hypothetical.

GOOD LUCK tonight and for the Weekend.....hope to see you on a FT somewhere B):)o:)

I just started a gelato survey.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    edited November 2023
    stokefc said:

What would you do in the hand i posted above Wad , call shove or fold , one word will do and you don't have to explain your reasoning though it be interesting if you did

I play to win. Generally, they will raise a normal amount if they have KK or AA to want to play a pot, not push all in and induce all folds. In my opinion, at £2 they will likely hold AK, AQ, or a lower pair.... likes of 10 10 are very likely.

I dont play hold em online anymore, due to them turning over ace rag numerous times and winning this pot. I dont enjoy poker with 2 cards anymore and even avoid qualifying for the freeroll, as its just a bunch of wild results.... poker should be enjoyable and this is just tedious.

But im calling here every time, your still in the game if you lose and i dont think anyone is folding given the tournament type and entry level.

Ive got a feeling your posting asking for my opinion, just to set me up... but if not, its nice to hold a normal conversation.... about poker...
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,075
    edited November 2023
    Someone has shoved for about 13k. You have QQ and 20k.

Shove is the best play here. QQ plays much better against 1 player than 2. And once you have put 2/3 of your stack in you are pot committed anyway. Make anyone else fold or put the maximum amount of chips in before seeing a flop.

Shove is better than call. Both are much, much better than fold.

The only time call could be the best play is if you have specific notes on a player. For example, if another player loves to reshove with poor hands. More likely to happen in a Bounty Hunter.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

@TheWaddy

I applaud you for putting up your monthly profit from the Summer Months. It's always good to see a steady monthly profit from anyone :)

I see you've been posting about how bad you've been running lately, does this mean we don't get to see Sept and Oct Profit or Loss ?

From your comments, you still appear to be Living in the Past..... from the days when you were sponsored.

Poker has moved on....... if you were so good, you wouldn't have needed to be Sponsored, and giving up Half your Profit.

'HAVE THE BA LLS' to move up a category or two (££ POUND) to try and still make a Profit at a higher level, and see if you are as good as you think you are. After all, you can always go back to the entry level......

I was on holiday much of September, playing with a real deck and proper stakes and normal run outs (maybe 1 or 2 bad beats in 2.5 weeks, nothing as inexplicably bad that i would get in an hour online)
    Actually found myself wanting calls to chase their hand with no pot odds, which i havent been able to do online in like forever.

So September was just £16 up, October i ran really scarily awful and made just under £30.

Didnt put this up, as your crazily baying pack friends would do the obvious when looking at the amounts.....

Why would i do the staked play? Just saw it in Poker Player magazine as a feature, where their editor had actually joined. I was playing for $10-$20 and just thought why not try $60+ without putting my bankroll at stake. Plan was to leave once i was comfortable that i could beat that level. I still would make $30+ a game (50/50 split), which was more than the level i was playing.

It was a no lose situation, whilst still making more per game... only problem was, no-one would sit at that level at hi lo for ages and i couldnt dedicate the time.

Many of your friends, ripped into this deal, despite there being no downsides whatsoever given my situation. Absolutely no-one acknowledged the acheivement of qualifying for $500 per day, or the fact it was a no lose for me deal, whilst experimenting with much higher levels... and also having a pro mentor....But thats what they do.....

PS Oh and well done TheEdge for not depositing for a few months. This displays that you are now qualified to put up posts where you think you have superior experience and knowledge! .... A losing player will never see the difference in cards, as they simply do not understand the game clearly enough.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

MISTY4ME said:

@TheWaddy

I was on holiday much of September, playing with a real deck and proper stakes and normal run outs (maybe 1 or 2 bad beats in 2.5 weeks, nothing as inexplicably bad that i would get in an hour online)
    Actually found myself wanting calls to chase their hand with no pot odds, which i havent been able to do online in like forever.

So September was just £16 up, October i ran really scarily awful and made just under £30.

Didnt put this up, as your crazily baying pack friends would do the obvious when looking at the amounts.....

Why would i do the staked play? Just saw it in Poker Player magazine as a feature, where their editor had actually joined. I was playing for $10-$20 and just thought why not try $60+ without putting my bankroll at stake. Plan was to leave once i was comfortable that i could beat that level. I still would make $30+ a game (50/50 split), which was more than the level i was playing.

It was a no lose situation, whilst still making more per game... only problem was, no-one would sit at that level at hi lo for ages and i couldnt dedicate the time.

Many of your friends, ripped into this deal, despite there being no downsides whatsoever given my situation. Absolutely no-one acknowledged the acheivement of qualifying for $500 per day, or the fact it was a no lose for me deal, whilst experimenting with much higher levels... and also having a pro mentor....But thats what they do.....

PS Oh and well done TheEdge for not depositing for a few months. This displays that you are now qualified to put up posts where you think you have superior experience and knowledge! .... A losing player will never see the difference in cards, as they simply do not understand the game clearly enough.
    You know, whenever I'm unsure about how to play a hand I think to myself how would TheWaddy play this. The answer always makes me feel better about my own game.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

stokefc said:

What would you do in the hand i posted above Wad , call shove or fold , one word will do and you don't have to explain your reasoning though it be interesting if you did

I play to win. Generally, they will raise a normal amount if they have KK or AA to want to play a pot, not push all in and induce all folds. In my opinion, at £2 they will likely hold AK, AQ, or a lower pair.... likes of 10 10 are very likely.

I dont play hold em online anymore, due to them turning over ace rag numerous times and winning this pot. I dont enjoy poker with 2 cards anymore and even avoid qualifying for the freeroll, as its just a bunch of wild results.... poker should be enjoyable and this is just tedious.

But im calling here every time, your still in the game if you lose and i dont think anyone is folding given the tournament type and entry level.

Ive got a feeling your posting asking for my opinion, just to set me up... but if not, its nice to hold a normal conversation.... about poker...
    Misread the post, i thought a player had just shoved on you and whether to call... all in is my answer, make sure you attempt to isolate .... if you get a further call, you probably in trouble against 2 or more hands! But hey thats poker.....
  • Options

TheWaddy said:

MISTY4ME said:

@TheWaddy

You know, whenever I'm unsure about how to play a hand I think to myself how would TheWaddy play this. The answer always makes me feel better about my own game.
    And then you deposit .... again......
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,647
    TheWaddy said:

stokefc said:

Thank you @TheWaddy

A good and reasonable reply ,i went with @Essexphil thinking , to isolate and to play , hope to play against the all-in guy ...But it didn't work out like that
    I posted the hand to not set you up because the run out will make you wet your pants
    It's a hand which can be put on a forum and folks will think wtf , how can this happen at the time it did when in reality i'd played maybe a hundred maybe more hands to get to the point of where i was in the tournament and not once did i see anything like what happend here , anyway here's what happend , bubbled , meh
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    the_joekerSmall blind400.00400.0070545.00
    finch04Big blind800.001200.0017455.00
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q
    Baldeag1eFold
    BarjAll-in12721.5013921.500.00
    stokefcAll-in20231.2534152.750.00
    the_joekerCall19831.2553984.0050713.75
    finch04All-in17455.0071439.000.00
    the_joekerShow
    • J
    • K
    finch04Show
    • A
    • A
    BarjShow
    stokefcShow
    • Q
    • Q
    Flop
    • A
    Turn
    • K
    River
    the_joekerWinFlush to the Ace71439.00122152.75
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

TheWaddy said:

MISTY4ME said:

@TheWaddy

If I only played the occasional £1 sng like you, I would never need to deposit. Also losing a couple of games at those stakes would not turn me into a gibbering moron.

Never mind it will soon be summer and you can once again take advantage of those £9.50 holidays with your £2 a day winnings.

I hear Pontins is nice.

• Options

TheWaddy said:

TheWaddy said:

MISTY4ME said:

@TheWaddy

If I only played the occasional £1 sng like you, I would never need to deposit. Also losing a couple of games at those stakes would not turn me into a gibbering moron.

Never mind it will soon be summer and you can once again take advantage of those £9.50 holidays with your £2 a day winnings.

I hear Pontins is nice.

Ahh its your maths that isnt good, thats why you depositing.... how may £1 games do you think need to be played to make £126 profit in a month?

The clique should consider banishing this goon from the clique, hes making you look stupid!
  • Options
    You guys need to think things out before you post trying to get one up on people, otherw
    stokefc said:

TheWaddy said:

stokefc said:

Thank you @TheWaddy

A good and reasonable reply ,i went with @Essexphil thinking , to isolate and to play , hope to play against the all-in guy ...But it didn't work out like that
    I posted the hand to not set you up because the run out will make you wet your pants
    It's a hand which can be put on a forum and folks will think wtf , how can this happen at the time it did when in reality i'd played maybe a hundred maybe more hands to get to the point of where i was in the tournament and not once did i see anything like what happend here , anyway here's what happend , bubbled , meh
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q
    Baldeag1eFold
    the_joekerShow
    • J
    • K
    finch04Show
    • A
    • A
    BarjShow
    stokefcShow
    • Q
    • Q
    Flop
    • A
    Turn
    • K
    River
    As i said, if you get a call from 2 or more hands, your in trouble! The run actual run out is wholly consistent with what i have said you will see in the daily £1k freeroll, the runners for flushes and straights being an online favourite outcome...

I personally, get bored with these constant things, its not real life poker and not the game i love.

But if you play for entertainment, without knowing poker, like TheEdge.... then i can see why they prefer it.
  • Options
    Waiting in the lobby right now if you want to show me how poor I am at poker
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,647
    TheWaddy said:

You guys need to think things out before you post trying to get one up on people, otherw

stokefc said:

TheWaddy said:

stokefc said:

Thank you @TheWaddy

Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q
    Baldeag1eFold
    the_joekerShow
    • J
    • K
    finch04Show
    • A
    • A
    BarjShow
    stokefcShow
    • Q
    • Q
    Flop
    • A
    Turn
    • K
    River
    As i said, if you get a call from 2 or more hands, your in trouble! The run actual run out is wholly consistent with what i have said you will see in the daily £1k freeroll, the runners for flushes and straights being an online favourite outcome...

I personally, get bored with these constant things, its not real life poker and not the game i love.

But if you play for entertainment, without knowing poker, like TheEdge.... then i can see why they prefer it.
    Nobody did anything wrong in that hand , sick run out yeah but while there are cards in the deck anything can happen and i rarely see hands like this but they do happen
  • Options
    I think ive said all along in these situations ... if you flop massive.... your not going to win the hand.... i have said this, look back!

When u flop trip aces, you have seen off 2 hands already... so boy you are in big danger from KJ now!
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,075
    edited November 2023
    stokefc said:

TheWaddy said:

stokefc said:

TheWaddy said:

stokefc said:

Thank you @TheWaddy

Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q
    Baldeag1eFold
    the_joekerShow
    • J
    • K
    finch04Show
    • A
    • A
    BarjShow
    stokefcShow
    • Q
    • Q
    Flop
    • A
    Turn
    • K
    River

Nobody did anything wrong in that hand , sick run out yeah but while there are cards in the deck anything can happen and i rarely see hands like this but they do happen
    Disagree slightly.

All the pairs have played it correctly. But the person betting 25 bigs with KJ off after 2 all-ins most certainly has not.

Nevertheless, as sometimes happens in poker, the suboptimal player gets lucky. All part of the game. If players didn't sometimes get lucky like that, then there wouldn't be money to be made in poker. For any of us.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,390