You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

EURO 2024

lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,723
With the domestic season more or less done and dusted it's time to look ahead to the Summer (if we get one) of football. Post anything Euro24 related whether news,tips,bets etc. I'll start with the full schedule of the tournament.

Comments

• lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,723
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,519
    Have to say I'm impressed by the initial Squad. Already made brave-and IMO correct-decisions to leave out Rashford and Henderson.

Will be interesting to see which 7 of that initial squad he leaves behind. I would guess it is something like-

Trafford; Quansah, Shaw; Wharton; Eze, Maddison, Watkins.

Most of the starting 11 is settled:-

Pickford, Walker, Stones, Rice, Bellingham, Foden, Kane. Probably Maguire and Saka too.
    Essexphil said:

Have to say I'm impressed by the initial Squad. Already made brave-and IMO correct-decisions to leave out Rashford and Henderson.

Will be interesting to see which 7 of that initial squad he leaves behind. I would guess it is something like-

Pickford, Walker, Stones, Rice, Bellingham, Foden, Kane. Probably Maguire and Saka too.

I didn't even notice Rashford was missing, he's also included a few players that are currently injured, that could be a bit of a risk when deciding on the final squad.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,519
    lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

I didn't even notice Rashford was missing, he's also included a few players that are currently injured, that could be a bit of a risk when deciding on the final squad.
    No doubt that is why there are as many as 33 in the Training Squad.

I'm guessing that Shaw won't recover in time, and that Maguire and Kane will.

England desperately need Kane. Loads of good wingers/Number 10s, but lacking alternatives for a Number 9.

Suspect we are a Centre Back, a Left Back and a Centre Midfielder to play alongside Rice to win it-hope I'm wrong.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,975
    So few things firstly This will go as it always does. England wont win it they never do. We may get far and build up hope one time I think I saw we made the final but we did not win it. I think we also made the semi final of the world cup a few times before but again we did not win it. Every single time my whole life we have a major competition in football we never ever win it. I have seen the anticipation the hope the dreams and several times thought in the past this might actually be the time we do it and nope. its meant to be the biggest thing ever if we win but why? like those are other peoples accomplishments not mine I happen to have been born in the same country as them big whoop.

The only annoying thing is that Nazi pub will be hyper active again as it is always when there are major football games on and considering several incidents I have had previously been in the pub, walking past, been near or within walking distance of that pub when these things are on (it is an 8 minute walk from flat so that just means been outside). If England get a shock win eg beat someone like Germany or Italy or etc (dont see germany did they not qualify) they will go wild party like nut jobs smash a load of stuff up and generally be a threat to me. Of course when England eventually go out they to will go beserk.

So basically once the Euro start I am effectively in hiding, So that is something to look forward to I guess I just hope England go out early so I do not have to be in hiding for too long this time. No hate or anti england stuff like I have for southampton I just want the aggro over with early this time thats all.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,768
    Thanks for the reminder , pic uploaded B)
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,817
    edited May 21
    Ahh, its nearly that time, nice post @lucy4.

Glgl England and Scotland.

All times BST:

14 June: Germany v Scotland (20:00) - ITV

15 June: Hungary v Switzerland (14:00) - ITV

15 June: Spain v Croatia (17:00) - ITV

15 June: Italy v Albania (20:00) - BBC

16 June: Poland v Netherlands (14:00) - BBC

16 June: Slovenia v Denmark (17:00) - ITV

16 June: Serbia v England (20:00) - BBC

17 June: Romania v Ukraine (14:00) - BBC

17 June: Belgium v Slovakia (17:00) - ITV

17 June: Austria v France (20:00) - ITV

18 June: Turkey v Georgia (17:00) - BBC

18 June: Portugal v Czech Republic (20:00) - BBC

19 June: Croatia v Albania (14:00) - ITV

19 June: Germany v Hungary (17:00) - BBC

19 June: Scotland v Switzerland (20:00) - BBC

20 June: Slovenia v Serbia (14:00) - ITV

20 June: Denmark v England (17:00) - BBC

20 June: Spain v Italy (20:00) - ITV

21 June: Slovakia v Ukraine (14:00) - BBC

21 June: Poland v Austria (17:00) - ITV

21 June: Netherlands v France (20:00) - BBC

22 June: Georgia v Czech Republic (14:00) - BBC

22 June: Turkey v Portugal (17:00) - ITV

22 June: Belgium v Romania (20:00) - ITV

23 June: Switzerland v Germany (20:00) - BBC

23 June: Scotland v Hungary (20:00) - BBC

24 June: Albania v Spain (20:00) - BBC

24 June: Croatia v Italy (20:00) - BBC

25 June: Netherlands v Austria (17:00) - BBC

25 June: France v Poland (17:00) - BBC

25 June: England v Slovenia (20:00) - ITV

25 June: Denmark v Serbia (20:00) - ITV

26 June: Slovakia v Romania (17:00) - BBC

26 June: Ukraine v Belgium (17:00) - BBC

26 June: Georgia v Portugal (20:00) - ITV

26 June: Czech Republic v Turkey (20:00) - ITV
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,598
    Second half clashes with The Tour de France....so..im out
    There's nothing like counting your chickens... :D

if england make it through to the final basically the only time I will go out is for going to work and back and thats pretty much it and I will have to be very carefull at that.
    Had a few free £1 bets to use up before they expired so opted for these to give me a little run for free money.

• poppy765poppy765 Member Posts: 1,514
    There's some euro request a bets in the specials section of sky,
    Albania, Georgia and Scotland to lose all their group games @67
    England, France, Germany and Spain to win all their group games @81

Unlikely, yes, but more likely than the obscure stat and goal based bets.
    There's only 3 group games after all.
    Doubleme said:

if england make it through to the final basically the only time I will go out is for going to work and back and thats pretty much it and I will have to be very carefull at that.

I've tried to work out this post quite a few times but I still can't seem to work out why you feel so much in danger walking in your local area.

Also whilst walking past a pub why would you feel so threatened by the 'hooligans'.

Also I'm quoting your words as follows-

I honestly think you need to reassess your thinking, not everyone is out to 'get you' or 'attack you'

lucy4 said:

Doubleme said:

I've tried to work out this post quite a few times but I still can't seem to work out why you feel so much in danger walking in your local area.

Also whilst walking past a pub why would you feel so threatened by the 'hooligans'.

Also I'm quoting your words as follows-

I honestly think you need to reassess your thinking, not everyone is out to 'get you' or 'attack you'

So to clear a few things up here there is a pub which is just down the road from me when i have visited the pub I have been made to feel very unwelcome.

The last and final time I was at that pub there was a big guy who got very aggressive when i was there to support England he asked me where I am from I said England where are your parents from England where are there parents from England.

He then asked where my grandparents parents are from and I said I dont know and he therefore felt that he had won the argument and I dont know I should therefore morally just swim out to sea and drown because I cant trace back my family to four generations.

He was very aggressive and physically threatening and was seriously thinking of attacking me violently. The people around were completely 100% on his side and if anything went down fully willing to back him as if he was completely in the right. The odd thing is I am pretty sure most of the England team he was supporting would not meet the criteria to which he believed that people should meet to be allowed to remain here.

It has been made very clear to me that I am not welcome in this country, on a number of occasions but I was born in this country and do not have the right to move to another country. When I have the funds or the ability to move out of this country and take my girlfriend with me I will do so.

I have spoken to several not white english people about that pub and they all say that it is a racist pub. Last Euros cup when England made it to the final against Italy there several occasions where my area got labelled with swastickers. this happened after england wins (some weird racial pride thing we fought the **** so that doesnt make sense) and when England lost to Italy (I guess some expression of anger again doesn't make sense Italy was Germanys side so...) anyway expecting logic from these people is ironically illogical.

No hard feelings Just if England are out early less racists to attend that pub and spread throughout the area and thus safer for me to go out.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,597
    I have to say that you appear to attract hostility wherever you go. Whilst this may certainly be classed as unfortunate, I do wonder if you are not entirely blameless. You have in a short space of time told us of disputes with neighbours, attacks when out at football, attacks when in pubs, discrimination in job applications, problems with bosses at places you have worked etc. etc.

I wonder if you project the appearance of a victim, perhaps in stance or mannerism or does your body language suggest that you consider yourself superior, inferior or just different. All these things can provoke a negative reaction in others. Have you considered that you might come across as confrontational, without meaning to, certainly in some of your experiences you seem to bring out the worst in people.

I have to say that you appear to attract hostility wherever you go. Whilst this may certainly be classed as unfortunate, I do wonder if you are not entirely blameless. You have in a short space of time told us of disputes with neighbours, attacks when out at football, attacks when in pubs, discrimination in job applications, problems with bosses at places you have worked etc. etc.

I wonder if you project the appearance of a victim, perhaps in stance or mannerism or does your body language suggest that you consider yourself superior, inferior or just different. All these things can provoke a negative reaction in others. Have you considered that you might come across as confrontational, without meaning to, certainly in some of your experiences you seem to bring out the worst in people.

In my work history I normally have only managed to get work which others dont want and thus the work has been low paid and horrible. Usually in this situation the reason that others dont stay is because of the bosses or other unpleasent things. On starting the job I always heard how previous workers left because of bad attitude or etc then saw the real reason. I am not sure I have claimed discrimination on job applications I have not had much success in applying for decent jobs, it is true I have wondered whether I have been discriminated against on the basis of having a jewish name but I dont think i shared that suspicion with the sky forums did I? when it comes to actual job interviews I tend to have done well the issue is getting the job interviews.

My neighbour is a particulary bad example we have found out stuff about the neighbour that I did not share on the forums because you cant share stuff like that on the forums but I would bet a pretty penny that most of the people on these forums would side with us if they knew all the facts.

attacks when out at football is probably my own fault as I go to boo a team and have enjoyed the taunts thats obviously going to provoke aggression it does not justify the aggression and the people been aggressive are the ones in the wrong but what would anyone expect to happen? its why my loved ones have gone to great lengths to keep me away from directly doing this.

The racist pub is known by many in my area to be like that I am an extrovert so would probably be more likely to attract attention maybe there is something in that?

but yes I do struggle with people and I know what the issue is there, but it is not one easily fixed. I would be seriously ill advised to share that with the forums.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,355
    edited May 26
    **** !, just realised am in Newcastle when England play Slovenia :o .
  • JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 357
    rabdeniro said:

Could be worse u could be in Cologne, Germany or even worse Doublemes pub :)
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,597
    rabdeniro said:

And it's Fathers Day too.
  • legascaaclegascaac Member Posts: 161
    We’re getting pumped lol 😜 😂😂🤣🤣 apart fae the alcohol department