You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

EURO 2024

Comments

• lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,723
    With the start getting closer the bookies are beginning to put up some of their 'Specials'

I've just had a quick look and here's a selection of bets, a few caught my eye as fun bets that may give you a run during the whole tournament. Be careful though as prices can vary wildly for example PP offer 2+ goals each game @ 250/1 but Coral go 1000/1 for same bet, so I'm having £1 on that to see how far that bet goes.

Got on the 1000/1 shot before it shortens.

Also 20/1 for a more realistic chance.

• gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 530
    I have bet the following teams not to qualify for last 16 Scotland 10/11, Serbia 13/10, Romania 6/4, Austria 5/4 and Georgia 1/2.

Also bet Nicolas Fullkrug 40/1 and Giacomo Raspadori 60/1 for top goalscorer.
    edited June 3
    I know I posted these odds earlier but I can't work out why there's such a huge difference in prices. Am I missing something and reading the bet wrong ? You don't see these different odds that often and to me 2 goals in each game is doable but it'll be good just to see how long the bet will last throughout the tournament and for £1 you can't go wrong :D

Gareth Southgate to unveil new look he thinks will help England win Euro 2024.

Gareth Southgate is ready to swap formal attire for cardigans in order to create a more "relaxed environment" among the England squad ahead of Euro 2024 this summer.

Southgate has grown synonymous to a smart waistcoat or suit on the touchline since becoming the permanent Three Lions manager. During the 2018 World Cup, Southgate wore a waistcoat which inspired fans across the nation to copy him, with Marks & Spencer later reporting a 35 per cent surge in demand for the clothing.

Now, the 53-year-old is expected to change from the formal wear to a more casual look. In an interview with British GQ, Southgate said his outfit will be "more short-sleeved knits than suit and tie" as he tries to create a chilled mood for the England squad going into the tournament in Germany.

Speaking to GQ's Match Fits column, chronicling football's most fashionable figures, Southgate said: "Whenever you put something on, you’re making some sort of a statement, aren’t you? I am conscious of that now."
    lucy4 said:

Gareth Southgate to unveil new look he thinks will help England win Euro 2024.

Gareth Southgate is ready to swap formal attire for cardigans in order to create a more "relaxed environment" among the England squad ahead of Euro 2024 this summer.

Southgate has grown synonymous to a smart waistcoat or suit on the touchline since becoming the permanent Three Lions manager. During the 2018 World Cup, Southgate wore a waistcoat which inspired fans across the nation to copy him, with Marks & Spencer later reporting a 35 per cent surge in demand for the clothing.

Now, the 53-year-old is expected to change from the formal wear to a more casual look. In an interview with British GQ, Southgate said his outfit will be "more short-sleeved knits than suit and tie" as he tries to create a chilled mood for the England squad going into the tournament in Germany.

Speaking to GQ's Match Fits column, chronicling football's most fashionable figures, Southgate said: "Whenever you put something on, you’re making some sort of a statement, aren’t you? I am conscious of that now."

I can imagine Brian Clough in his green jersey looking down and having a right good laugh at this cr4p.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,355
    edited May 29
    On the exchanges Scotland are - 31/1 to reach the final Crazy
    11/1 to reach the Semi Final Crazier
    7/2 to reach the Quarter Final Even Crazier.

The lay is 10/1 to reach the Quarters.

I've never bet against Scotland but am sorely tempted.

80/1 PP Reach Final
    20/1 PP Reach Semi
    5/1 PP Reach Quarters, Big difference in prices.
  • JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 357
    rabdeniro said:

On the exchanges Scotland are - 31/1 to reach the final Crazy
    11/1 to reach the Semi Final Crazier
    7/2 to reach the Quarter Final Even Crazier.

The lay is 10/1 to reach the Quarters.

I've never bet against Scotland but am sorely tempted.

80/1 PP Reach Final
    20/1 PP Reach Semi
    5/1 PP Reach Quarters, Big difference in prices.

Deffo crazy

Should be 66/1
    22/1
    6/1

Haha I had answered this before I read ur second statement B) (I could work for PP who are nearly spot on!)
    I got an email from UEFA saying there were tickets available from today, so I had a look and there were none for any Scotland games but there were some for England v Slovenia, 400 Euros.
    The cheapest I could see were 200 Euros for some other group games.
    Next round stages start at 500 Euros.
    Just saw Slovakia v Romania, 60 Euros.
    Maupay never misses a chance for a bit of shithousery... :D

Three big names being left out there.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,817
    I did an involuntary fist pump when I saw Maguire.
    Out of the three big names Grealish surprises me most as he seems to me to be someone you'd want on the bench just to come on late to pester the opponent as he does draw a lot of fouls. Regarding Maguire, he rarely has a bad game for England so another big decision as for Maddison I don't think he'll be missed too much.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,519
    lucy4 said:

Out of the three big names Grealish surprises me most as he seems to me to be someone you'd want on the bench just to come on late to pester the opponent as he does draw a lot of fouls. Regarding Maguire, he rarely has a bad game for England so another big decision as for Maddison I don't think he'll be missed too much.

Grealish? Got to be unlucky. But we have so many quality players in that position
    Maddison? His form in the 1st half of last season got him in the squad. The 2nd half did not.
    Maguire? Apparently, he is injured. Who plays alongside Stones (who couldn't get in the City side for a lot of last season)? Please not Dunk. He is a good domestic player who looks horrible against decent European teams.

4 players. In that squad. From Crystal Palace. France and others must be terrified :)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,226
    lucy4 said:

Maupay never misses a chance for a bit of shithousery... :D

Ha, can't help but love Maupay.

Mystic Shane or Statto signs predict :p

Tourney to open up quite fast with lots of goals - over 2.5 market good in group stage.

Consider the draw in the 1X2 coupons in a lot of games, over a tad of value as most fans bet on the team they want to win.

Consider the under 2.5 goals in a lot of the knockout rounds and the draw.

Additionally - Backing the draw in all knockout stage matches at both the Euros and World Cup since 1998 has yielded significant profits. For instance, betting a single unit on the draw in each of the 58 Euro and 90 World Cup knockout stage matches since 1998 would have resulted in a profit of just under 46 units, representing an ROI of 28%. Do the research on the teams though - never place bets solely on historical trends.

There will always be an upset or 5 over the couple of weeks, so worth keeping an eye on nations that are under-rated and never pile into a short odds favourite expecting a whitewash. Rarely does these pan out as expected with most teams in the competition worthy of at least holding their own against any team. The +1 and +2 markets can be very lucrative for this very reason again not every game, but worth keeping an eye on.

Teams coming in with good qualification form usually continue this trend and are worth following in the group stages. A total of 14 nations were profitable when supported at even stakes throughout the qualification group stage for the 2024 Euros, with Scotland delivering the most significant results of just over +6.00u profit. Spain 5/6 vs Croatia - Holland 4/6 vs Poland. England 1/2 vs Serbia. Portugal 6/11 vs Czech R. (reverse on Croatia 4/7 vs Albania big tourney experience) France 4/9 vs Poland Portugal 2/5 vs Georgia
    MP33 said:
    £2 Free bet builder on Hills for tonights England game.

Should be some good offers coming up B)

1-5-10 Free bet on Ladbrokes also same game

Early offers - Betfair - 5 free acca or betbuilder for the first 5 days of the euro

Skybet - Free bet on every England game 1-20