You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

EURO 2024

Comments

• lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,723
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,226
    lucy4 said:

Neal Maupay is at it again... :)

“It’s coming home 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿”

https://x.com/nealmaupay_/status/1803848427844845579

@lucy4

Ha, Maupay is the absolute best.

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,519
    Some of the flak Southgate gets is unfair.

We have come close without winning things. But we have never actually had the best players.

Examples now include the fact that we don't have any decent goalies other than Pickford. No fit left backs. Sudden loss of Maguire. No-one of the calibre of a fully fit Kane.

But who to play alongside Rice in Midfield is not a new problem. Henderson's legs went about 18 months ago. Phillips lost form over a year ago. So why has no-one been properly bedded in to play there? Mainoo's first game there was the last warm-up game, when it was obvious that he is either not yet ready or not yet able to play with Rice. Similarly, we should have known whether TAA was the man before the Euros started. Why has Bellingham not been tried there?

We seemed (rightly or wrongly) to be playing Gallagher there for the last year or so. Stupid to ditch him without first assessing the alternatives beforehand.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,873
    Got £10 to spare...... In any upcoming Match in Euro 24

What odd's I get for a player to pull someone's shirt and wrestle them to the ground.?
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,036
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 803
    lucy4 said:

Wasn't a "stonewall" penalty, at least in my opinion.

Steve Clarke's comments about the referee post game were out of order as well.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,519
    Asho28 said:

lucy4 said:

Wasn't a "stonewall" penalty, at least in my opinion.

Steve Clarke's comments about the referee post game were out of order as well.
    Completely agree.

In real time, I thought it was-whereas it looked a lot less in the slow motion replay. 1 of those that was probably a 50/50 call. Where VAR would follow whatever the Ref said.

Have considerable sympathy for Steve Clarke. Scotland have improved compared to 10 or 20 years ago, but that was still 1 of the weakest squads at the Euros. Not his fault. Scotland are getting better-but still not great. Perhaps if Rangers and Celtic picked the odd Scotsman that might help. And some injuries didn't help.

As an example, Gunn may not be the best GK in the World. Not even as good as his Dad was. But he is comfortably the best Scottish keeper right now. Who were people clamouring for as an alternative? Zander Clark? Liam Kelly?
    Only people of a certain vintage will understand the meaning of this :D

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,817
    Whilst I was driving about earlier, saw some England fans making their way to the pub with an arrogant ' we've qualified ' swagger about them.
    A couple of boosted bets on tonights game.