You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

General Election

Comments

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,501
    Edge Media.

Proof that not all conspiracy theorists are Right Wing :)
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 34,846
    Essexphil said:

Edge Media.

Do you think that doing a deal with reform would be the end of the Tories?
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Edge Media.

Do you think that doing a deal with reform would be the end of the Tories?
    No. It would just make them look weak and embolden the Right Wing.

Why weak? There are only 2 Right Wing Parties. Tories and Reform.
    Whereas there are 5 on the Left. Labour, Liberals, Greens, SNP and Plaid. No-one says a vote for the SNP is a vote for Sunak, do they? And the SNP will win seats-unlike Reform.

That snake oil salesman Farage is pretending to support Reform, while trying to manoeuvre his way back in to the Tory Party. Trying to play them so a good or bad result looks like it is due to supporting or not supporting that serial loser.
    edited June 2
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,683
    Nigel Farage confirms he will stand for Clacton seat in general election.

The former Brexit Party and UKIP chief will also take over the leadership of Reform UK, promising to stay in post for five years.

Nigel Farage has announced he will stand as a candidate in Clacton for Reform UK in the general election on 4 July.

Last week, he ruled out putting himself forward, instead promising to help what was Richard Tice's party as it campaigned across the country.

But speaking at a press conference on Monday, Mr Farage announced the U-turn, and also confirmed he would take over from Mr Tice as leader of Reform for at least the next five years.

Mr Farage claimed he had a "terrible sense of guilt" for not putting himself forward, saying he felt he was "letting [his supporters] down".

He then described how he had a "normal day" on Sunday to "reflect" on his decision, where he "walked the dog, did some fishing, popped in the pub", and then made his choice.

"I've changed my mind," the leader said. "It's allowed you know, it's not always a sign of weakness. It could potentially be a sign of strength.

"So I am going to stand in this election. I'll be launching my candidacy at midday [on Tuesday] in the Essex seaside town of Clacton."

Mr Farage added: "I can't turn my back on the people's army. I can't turn my back on those millions of people who followed me, believed in me despite the horrendous things that were being said about me."
    lucy4 said:

The former Brexit Party and UKIP chief will also take over the leadership of Reform UK, promising to stay in post for five years.

Nigel Farage has announced he will stand as a candidate in Clacton for Reform UK in the general election on 4 July.

Last week, he ruled out putting himself forward, instead promising to help what was Richard Tice's party as it campaigned across the country.

But speaking at a press conference on Monday, Mr Farage announced the U-turn, and also confirmed he would take over from Mr Tice as leader of Reform for at least the next five years.

Mr Farage claimed he had a "terrible sense of guilt" for not putting himself forward, saying he felt he was "letting [his supporters] down".

He then described how he had a "normal day" on Sunday to "reflect" on his decision, where he "walked the dog, did some fishing, popped in the pub", and then made his choice.

"I've changed my mind," the leader said. "It's allowed you know, it's not always a sign of weakness. It could potentially be a sign of strength.

"So I am going to stand in this election. I'll be launching my candidacy at midday [on Tuesday] in the Essex seaside town of Clacton."

Mr Farage added: "I can't turn my back on the people's army. I can't turn my back on those millions of people who followed me, believed in me despite the horrendous things that were being said about me."

Pr1ck.
    Here's hoping for 8th time unlucky...
    Essexphil said:

That is going to be the only seat where there is tactical voting FOR the Tories :)
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,683
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

Pr1ck.
    That's a bit harsh, as I was only posting the breaking news...
    Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

That is going to be the only seat where there is tactical voting FOR the Tories :)
    Do you think he can get elected?
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Haven't lived in that constituency for a while.

Carswell was popular. Current MP (Giles Watling) is popular.

My first reaction is No
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

My first reaction is No
    I fu....g hope not.
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

Pr1ck.
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

Pr1ck.
    You just know I wouldnt direct something like that at you.
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

My first reaction is No
    Clacton Odds: Farage odds-on to win Essex seat in General Election

Reform UK @ 4/7
    Conservatives @ 11/8
    Labour @ 10/1
    Lib Dems @ 100/1
    Greens @ 250/1

https://insights.betfred.com/politics/clacton-odds-2024-general-election-predictions/
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,598
    In fairness, looking at tonites polls, a blind chimp would prob win....
    Panic will spread through Tory ranks after stunning poll
    The findings of the SkyNews/YouGov MRP poll are a disaster for the Conservatives, a worry for Labour and good news for the Lib Dems and Reform UK.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/panic-will-spread-through-tory-ranks-after-stunning-poll/ar-BB1nyuQc?ocid=msedgntp&pc=NMTS&cvid=8fd8da751639457fb81e743b0e2059d1&ei=154#fullscreen