You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPUKT LOCATIONS FOR 2009/2010

THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
edited October 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour

For the next tour can we please include Bristol again. The Gala is a very good poker venue with a large modern poker room.

Bristol is a good location for everyone as it is on M4 and M5.

Also i live there.

Ed

Comments

• Options
    Bza3swordsBza3swords Member Posts: 91
    edited June 2009
    Southend please!
  • Options
    TAXMANTAXMAN Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2009
    i think its a shame that  many of the people in the harbourside seemed ignorant to the idea of poker beginners, i didnt think they did themselves any favours last time sky went to bristol,its a shame as  it would be my closest venue for sure
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited June 2009
    without meaning to sound rude, if you are going to play a £50+ live poker tournament and especially as it would be on a poker tour, you should have basic knowledge of live play, i.e string bets, folding out of turn blinds etc etc... im sure there are very simple easy to understand websites to teach newcomers
  • Options
    bornabladebornablade Member Posts: 735
    edited June 2009
    Sheffield, I do believe Napoleons Owlerton could run a tourny of that size. and apart from their festivals we don't have enough good tournys here
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: SPUKT LOCATIONS FOR 2009/2010:
    Sheffield, I do believe Napoleons Owlerton could run a tourny of that size. and apart from their festivals we don't have enough good tournys here
    Posted by bornablade
    I love Napoleons in Owlerton, used to be one of my fave venues, I've had many Cashes there, & won a Main Event there on my last visit.

But it's just not big enough for a SPUKT Venue, sadly.
  • Options
    TAXMANTAXMAN Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2009
    i didnt personally go to the harbourside, but talking to some poker players that did who are proficient players on here, some of the staff there were a bit abrupt and ignorant to some players, i agree that everyone who plays live should understand the basics
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited June 2009
    i would like it to be in sheffield but dusk til dawn would be on the list again next year, and there is no point having 2 of the legs so close together. I was suprised there were no events further down south in all honesty, swansea and brum wasnt really south. Alot of travelling for those living in london or further south i bet.
  • Options
    bigflop1bigflop1 Member Posts: 1,034
    edited June 2009
    i really enjoyed the swansea leg and hope it returns next year... (as i live 2 mins up the road and play there 3 nights a week)                     ;)
  • Options
    kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited June 2009
    Glasgow anyone?
  • Options
    ZZCopZZCop Member Posts: 25
    edited June 2009

What about those in the North West of England? Therefore the Manchester area would be ideal.

• Options
    volcan0volcan0 Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2009
    somewhere down south? Brighton,London Or Thanet?
  • Options
    YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited June 2009
    i didnt personally go to the harbourside, but talking to some poker players that did who are proficient players on here, some of the staff there were a bit abrupt and ignorant to some players, i agree that everyone who plays live should understand the basics
    Posted by TAXMAN
    I didn't play at that live event, but I do play at the harbourside very regularly and I must say i'm surprised to hear that. I've never had or heard of any problems from the dealers in terms of their attitude to other players. The cardroom is now run by Carly and she does an excellent job, and they've also brought in a lot of new dealers recently, so i'd like to think that any of those problems you've mentioned should have been ironed out by now.

I will of course concur with Ed as that Gala is my local and so I will certainly be looking to attend an event there.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited June 2009
    Bournemouth/Southampton?.... I know the Gala in Bournemouth ran a UK pokr tour event a couple of years ago
  • Options
    fitzer14fitzer14 Member Posts: 248
    edited June 2009
    my living room inHULL
  • Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited June 2009
    Location doesn't matter so much to me, it's timing. I work all week and am expected to spend weekends with the family.

Make it during the week and work can take a back seat.
  • Options
    SherlockSherlock Member Posts: 109
    edited June 2009
    I think you need to remove UK from SPUKT as the tour never comes to the North of Ireland.
    Are there legal restrictions over here that don't allow it or is it just too much hassle to come over?
    I know we can't watch channel 865 anymore since you started the InfoBar & advertising the up & coming events so perhaps there is a legal problem with hosting a live event over here?
    All the best.
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited June 2009
    Posted by bornablade
    Much as it pains me to say this, Would that Napoleons have been big enough to hold the SPUKT I would have been in complete agreement about holding it there, I only live about 20 mins up the road for one thing, and of course being near the best footy ground and club in the world would have helped too ;)

Nice post though

cheers m8

acebarry
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited June 2009
    In Response to SPUKT LOCATIONS FOR 2009/2010:
    For the next tour can we please include Bristol again. The Gala is a very good poker venue with a large modern poker room. Bristol is a good location for everyone as it is on M4 and M5. Also i live there. Ed
    Posted by THESWISS
    Not sure last time you played there mate, but a few poker friends i know went there for the festival last weekend and it was a disgrace!!! They said they sat down for the £100 Freeze and 1st thing dealer said was "right who do i deal to first". Im going there next week ill see what its like but i think its a joke now
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: SPUKT LOCATIONS FOR 2009/2010 : Much as it pains me to say this, Would that Napoleons have been big enough to hold the SPUKT I would have been in complete agreement about holding it there, I only live about 20 mins up the road for one thing, and of course being near the best footy ground and club in the world would have helped too ;) Nice post though cheers m8 acebarry
    Posted by acebarry10
    Yes, Brammall Lane is a superb ground.

Hillsborough is even closer.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I think you need to remove UK from SPUKT as the tour never comes to the North of Ireland. Are there legal restrictions over here that don't allow it or is it just too much hassle to come over? I know we can't watch channel 865 anymore since you started the InfoBar & advertising the up & coming events so perhaps there is a legal problem with hosting a live event over here? All the best.
    Posted by Sherlock
    Hi Sherlock,

It's not quite that simple!

Venues are the issue. 

The Venue Brief is that it needs to hold 140 at least, be Fully Licensed, Dealer-Dealt, offer a good buffet, or meal, & we could be sure that they'd generally look after our players well. 

The List of Venues for the SPUKT that just concluded was put forward to Management by myself, & I tried very hard to find a Venue in NI that fitted those criteria. I was unable to do so. I have played in 2 Venues in Belfast, but they do not fit the criteria, imo.

As to the future, I have no idea, as of yet, if Sky Poker plan to run the Tour again. That's not to say they will, or they won't. I just don't think a decision has been made yet.

If they said "yes, let's do it again", I remain unaware of any NI Venues that would be suitable, based on the criteria above. Do you? If so, tell me, please!

All the Venues we used in this year's Tour were excellent, so the bar has been set high.