You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Is anyone else experiencing constant disconnections?

Comments

• GavinxxxxGavinxxxx Member Posts: 559
    edited September 2010
    Been disconnected twice in the £100 deepstack, hasn't cost me any hands though as luckily i folded my hands.

ISP - o2 BB
    Time - Between 8.30 - 9.30

Been happening more and more the past Month
    edited September 2010
    3rd time now in same tourny - 22.10
    edited September 2010
    4th time now, same tournament - 22.25

Not funny anymore
  • salazarsalazar Member Posts: 330
    edited September 2010
    Dis-connected again twice during the spt semi tonight, ended up getting back on and finished 7th with the top 5 getting a seat in blackpool.
    I had already contacted the custumer service team before tonight's tourney started as I have been having problems since coming back to this site a few days ago.

Not a happy chappy though, not only has this cost me quite a lot of money in the last 4 days but it has also cost me a possible place at the SPT in Blackpool because when i finally got connected back to the table, I was scared to do anything but fold or shove just in case I got dis-connected on the flop, turn or river.

• Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2010
    Hi guys,

You really need to follow the instructions on this thread here

Thanks,

Rich
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2010
    f king ridic.  can someone plz pass this onto someone who deals with refunds and ship me what i lost out on here

thank you

Hand History #291945854 (14:39 22/09/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    htchero Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £23.85
    PIPERTUNE Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £7.38
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

j3ono Raise   £0.60 £1.05 £26.37
    scottyjohn Fold        
    pryce6 Fold        
    scotty77 Raise   £2.10 £3.15 £34.33
    htchero Call   £1.95 £5.10 £21.90
    PIPERTUNE Fold        
    j3ono Call   £1.50 £6.60 £24.87
    Flop

• A
    • J

htchero Check        
    j3ono Check        
    scotty77 Check        
    Turn

htchero All-in   £21.90 £28.50 £0.00
    j3ono Fold        
    scotty77 Fold        
    htchero Muck        
    htchero Win   £6.27   £6.27
    htchero Return   £21.90 £0.33 £28.17
  • shaun09shaun09 Member Posts: 1,606
    edited September 2010
    Its so annoying. when your going to click and nothing is happening.. you rlike noooooooooo then the screen comes up saying trying to re connect you.

So frustrating!! I keep getting dc to, eithe rthat or my tables won even load
  • CUJimmiCUJimmi Member Posts: 43
    edited September 2010
    Thought it was only my problem, have changed browser twice & it still happens. Im with O2 broadband. Is Sky technology not up to the challenge? Please lets have some action on this!!
  • salazarsalazar Member Posts: 330
    edited September 2010
    I think I might know what is causing some of you the problem. I was disconnecting every 30 mins or so and was not a happy chappy. Anyway, the other day i re-started my laptop and when it came back on there was an update for the the Adobe flash player, I updated it and I have since had no problems, it has only been a day but I thought this maybe why some of you are having the problem too.
    Anyway, if you're someone like me who tends not to switch their computer off, give this a try, it might just work.
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Is anyone else experiencing constant disconnections?:
    I think I might know what is causing some of you the problem. I was disconnecting every 30 mins or so and was not a happy chappy. Anyway, the other day i re-started my laptop and when it came back on there was an update for the the Adobe flash player, I updated it and I have since had no problems, it has only been a day but I thought this maybe why some of you are having the problem too. Anyway, if you're someone like me who tends not to switch their computer off, give this a try, it might just work.
    Posted by salazar

I think you might be right on this, I have just updated Adobe & seem to be having less trouble, fingers crossed, thanks for the tip.

• Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited September 2010
    Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update on where we are up to here,

Whilst our investigations are still ongoing, we have not yet found evidence of any issues in any aspect of the Sky Poker platform, which would cause a user to disconnect or fail to reconnect during play.

We are currently looking to see if the adobe flash player update commented on this thread has had an impact.

I'll keep you updated with any further developments as and when I know more.

Kind Regards

Adam
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2010
    Hi Everyone, Just a quick update on where we are up to here, Whilst our investigations are still ongoing, we have not yet found evidence of any issues in any aspect of the Sky Poker platform, which would cause a user to disconnect or fail to reconnect during play. We are currently looking to see if the adobe flash player update commented on this thread has had an impact. I'll keep you updated with any further developments as and when I know more. Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Hi Adam

Have had another Flash update today, everything seems ok atm.
    edited September 2010

No disconnections since uploading new adobe flash

• GeezerJTGeezerJT Member Posts: 60
    edited September 2010
    I have been having the same problems.

Using latest flash update, O2 (Be) broadband other sites work fine when i am disconnected.  Have to close and reopen after 2-5 mins.

It has no doubt cost me some cash too.
  • Sky_Mod4Sky_Mod4 Member Posts: 176
    edited September 2010
    I have been having the same problems. Using latest flash update, O2 (Be) broadband other sites work fine when i am disconnected.  Have to close and reopen after 2-5 mins. It has no doubt cost me some cash too.
    Posted by GeezerJT
    Hi

Next time it happens, could you please leave more information like has been done here.

Many thanks

Sky Mod
  • Scottomus0Scottomus0 Member Posts: 322
    edited October 2010
    yep been having the same problems today

not as much money but still losing it with bets i cant play!!!
  • Sky_Mod4Sky_Mod4 Member Posts: 176
    edited October 2010
    yep been having the same problems today not as much money but still losing it with bets i cant play!!!
    Posted by Scottomus0
    Hi

Could you please have a look at my last post above yours, and click on the "here" link and put your information in the Technical Queries thread for the tech guys please.

Many thanks

Sky Mod
  • vegas4evervegas4ever Member Posts: 12
    edited October 2010

SKY POKER PLEASE SORT OUT THE DISCONNECTION ISSUES.  WHEN I COME ON TOO SKY POKER IT TAKES AGES TOO LOAD 'SOMETIMES UP TO 4 MINUTES' I HAVE REFRESHED SO IT CANNOT BE MY COMP!! WHEN I PLAY ON OTHER POKER SITES SUCH AS LADBROKES ITS FINE AND EVEN PKR AND THAT IS A MASSIVE SITE.  I ALSO GET CONECTION ISSUES WHEN TRYING TOO BET. THE SITE JUST KEEPS FREEZING AND I HAVE TOO RELOAD ALL THE TIME.. IT IS STARTING TOO BECOME A NUISANCE NOW.  WILL YOU EVER HAVE SKY POKER AS A DOWNLOAD MAY BE THEN IT MAY WORK BETTER!!!!  I ALSO HAVE PROBLEMS WHEN TRYING TOO PLAY THE 10.30PM FREEROLE AS IT TAKES AROUND 5 TO 8 MINUTES TOO LOAD THE TABLES 'THAT CANNOT BE RIGHT' PLEASE PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SO ALL OF US THAT ARE HAVING ISSUES CAN ENJOY THE SITE AS YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TOO................

• Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited October 2010
    Hi vegas4ever,

We have been looking into disconnection issues for a while now and as Sky Adam has said earlier in this discussion:  'Whilst our investigations are still ongoing, we have not yet found evidence of any issues in any aspect of the Sky Poker platform, which would cause a user to disconnect or fail to reconnect during play'.

We will however continue to investigate and post any updates right here.

Can i ask though that any issues you come across are reported in the way described here by Sky Rich so that we have all the details necessary to investigate properly.

Regarding a download client; this is undergoing some final testing and will be available soon.

Regards
    Lee
  • jud90928jud90928 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2010
    I dont think anyone at sky would be even remotely interested about the shoddy site, table freezes and peoples lost cash. It happens to me EVERY time I play, never had a game yet where something hasnt happened. I would go as far to say that sky is almost stealing your cash (imho), but get away with it because of the 'disclaimer' that says nothing is their fault. Imagine £10 here £30 there, on every table, to every person a couple of times every, thats EVERY hour......money money money. One day someone will actually look to see if there are any dodgy dealings going on with all on line betting sites. Play for pence not quids, on line is a mugs game, as you will Never know if its fixed.......and dont think it cant be, too many people are complaining.