You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Join Team Ninja Plonkers

Comments

• Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited October 2012
    yes vwd nagrom and gl Dagnamit in your entry which ever game it is :)
  • Options
    DagnamitDagnamit Member Posts: 299
    edited October 2012
    Hi, the tournament I've been entered into is the £600 TV Timed today(Thursday).  However, tonights has been cancelled.  I have received word from Sky and I will be entered into next Thursdays instead.

I've never played a timed tourney before so this may well be a disaster.  But at least the experience will be for free.  If anyone has any tips on these I'd be grateful for any advice.
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Join Team Ninja Plonkers:
    Hi, the tournament I've been entered into is the £600 TV Timed today(Thursday).  However, tonights has been cancelled.  I have received word from Sky and I will be entered into next Thursdays instead. I've never played a timed tourney before so this may well be a disaster.  But at least the experience will be for free.  If anyone has any tips on these I'd be grateful for any advice.
    Posted by Dagnamit
    Hi Dagnamit.
    You may want to read this Blog by the one and only - Richard Orford.

It's a great read, he has had plenty of practice and so have I - He's not far off the mark in this blog and I certainly think it will help

ORFORDS TIMED TOURNY'S BLOG

Best of Luck Fella.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Join Team Ninja Plonkers : Hi Dagnamit. You may want to read this Blog by the one and only - Richard Orford. It's a great read, he has had plenty of practice and so have I - He's not far off the mark in this blog and I certainly think it will help ORFORDS TIMED TOURNY'S BLOG Best of Luck Fella.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Thanks Trev.  That was a good read.  I'll read it again next Thursday but I should probably play a couple to get the feel of them.  I've kept up to date with your timed diary, keep up the good work.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    got to fiinal table in mondays dtd 2 but went out in 5th after my kq suited beat by pk 4s. Other 2 games went horribly though. How did every one else get on.

Also let us know how your timed mtt goes dagnamit gl in that if you havnt already played it.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hi.  Played the timed tourny tonight and went out with about a minute to go.  I shoved AQ and was called by KK.  A fair enjoyed it although it was a bit crazy at the start.  There was a load of shoving with QJ or even 9 10.  Not sure if its normally like that or just the table I was at as I noticed that 3 of the first 4 players out had been at my table.  It mean't I got a nice double up early doors.  I may play them again, we'll see. 
  • Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited October 2012
    Unlucky Dagnamit. It seems when i've played a couple people do tend to get lively early on trying to get an early double up.

Not sure it's the correct strategy but it depends how you want to play them I suppose.

Well done Dazler on a good final table.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Hi guys ive decided im going to leave team ninja plonkers and try out a new team or start one off my self. It isnt an easy decision to make to be honest because i dont quit something ive started generaly and hate turn coats as a rule. Plus i really think Team ninja plonker has quality players in it.

The reason ive come to this decission is not because i dont like being a member of the team, its mainly for a bit of change and to get a bit more involved with the fun of railing and team talk, i feel we dont have much involvment in this area apart from the odd post every couple of weeks if not month and being part of the dtd league team thing is all about forum fun and having a laugh, and seeing how other team members are doing with there poker.

I thank Acidman for letting me join the team and all those that have been involved in it and railed me before. I hope there are no sore feelings and ill always support the plonkers even though im no longer a member.

I wish you all the very best and gl plonkers its been a pleasure :)
  • Options
    DarntootinDarntootin Member Posts: 1,515
    edited October 2012
    Will be sorry to see you go Father, but for the reasons you state I can't say that I blame you.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to commit to playing the DTD much of late (and I really miss playing in it) and we just aren't getting enough runners in it.

The Plonkers will miss you but good luck with wherever you decide to go...if anyone will have you ;)

May your God be with you.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Will be sorry to see you go Father, but for the reasons you state I can't say that I blame you. Unfortunately I haven't been able to commit to playing the DTD much of late (and I really miss playing in it) and we just aren't getting enough runners in it. The Plonkers will miss you but good luck with wherever you decide to go...if anyone will have you ;) May your God be with you.
    Posted by Darntootin
    cheers Darntootin you been a good team member on here and supported me at the tables in the past, same as a couple of others, just looking for a bit more banter really from fellow team members but can understand some arnt able to play dtd that often. I dont know if anyone will take me on there team lol so might set up my old team. Ill still rail you guys and cheer you on if one of the plonkers is doing well. Its just like supporting 2 football teams really.

GL bud :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Sorry to hear you're leaving us Dazler, as Darn said you'll be sorely missed.  Good luck wherever you end up and don't worry I'll still say hi ;)  See you in the DtD.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    S orry to hear you're leaving us Dazler, as Darn said you'll be sorely missed.  Good luck wherever you end up and don't wo rry I'll still say hi ;)  See you in the DtD.
    Posted by Dagnamit
    cheers Dagnamit gonna miss being a plonker, i wish all the plonkers good luck tonight and hope the team does well even though im no longer a member :)
  • Options
    haylez83haylez83 Member Posts: 345
    edited October 2012
    i would like to join a team, although i am new to skypoker seems great i play most days.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    i would like to join a team, although i am new to skypoker seems great i play most days.
    Posted by haylez83
    Hi Haylez.  Sorry its taken so long to reply but we are a bit lax in our team duties.  Hope you are having fun in your pokerz and if you join in any of the team games, please feel free to mention on the thread that you are of Team Ninja Plonker (TNP).  Good luck and hopefully see you about the tables.
    Jacqui
  • Options
    MeloPeteMeloPete Member Posts: 188
    edited November 2012
    I have a feeling in my bones about tonight's DTD. Got a feeling were gonna do **** good as a team tonight. Let's all bring our "A" game and take it down. Let's knock these bigger teams down a peg or 2!!

• Options
    edited November 2012
    That's the spirit, Pete

Goooooooooo Plonkers!!!
  • Options
    tosca21tosca21 Member Posts: 52
    edited November 2012
    I have a feeling in my bones about tonight's DTD. Got a feeling were gonna do **** good as a team tonight. Let's all bring our "A" game and take it down. Let's knock these bigger teams down a peg or 2!!
    Posted by MeloPete
      bring it on lets see if we can get more than 5 entrants (anyone seen acidman) played him on cash tables but does not  aknowledge me
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Join Team Ninja Plonkers :   bring it on lets see if we can get more than 5 entrants (anyone seen acidman) played him on cash tables but does not  aknowledge me
    Posted by tosca21
    I believe that Acid is tied up with real life stuff so isn't about much these days.

If he didn't talk to you on the cash table I am sure it would be because he was on mini-view.

Good luck tonight.
  • Options
    MeloPeteMeloPete Member Posts: 188
    edited November 2012
    Did okayish 2 x cashes but ran so bad. 3 bets with KK,QQ,JJ called by A8,A9,A6 respectively, Ace on board every time tonight :(  Looked like Tosca was doing well tonight, think he may have been our top fiinisher. Taking a break for a while but I'll be playing the DTDs next week. Anyone know when the tourney is for the players who have won a week? Heard it was beginning of December. Not sure which week I won, not even sure if it was even this year.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Well done pete and darn in gaining points for TNP this week.  More ninja than plonker this week.  Very well played. 

NameTeam / IndDTD1DTD2DTD3
    ScorePosEntries
    JERONIMO7DIA 10+15160
    HAPPYNIGE4TKP   91224
    MACAPACATeam51 887716
    LOCKSHOTDIA  742241
    MOULD03THS  61221118
    MADMOOTPT  5196114
    MELOPETETNP  41323152
    KEV8TPT  3174435
    CHUBBERSTPT  2327510
    DARNTOOTINTNP  11816126