You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

"Pick me! Pick me!" - The 'I want to be in one of these teams' thread

Comments

• Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited December 2012
    Any new players who want to play in the forum DTD on mon 31st dec register on this thread..

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3A57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3Adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3Ab210018d-4c78-47a5-8405-47e9153ebe65

if you have an invite to join The HitSquad, just put THS after Your name GL, & Enjoy!!
  • Options
    Sweetpea66Sweetpea66 Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2013
    Looking for a team as trying to step up my game a level :P.
  • Options
    dizzymike1dizzymike1 Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    Hi guys, I have been on Sky Poker for a couple of years now but have been playing solid for the last 2-3 months. The community spirit is fantastic.

I just played with Moon_River of Hit Squad and he said I should post on the forum to express an interest in joining a team.

So I am hoping to join a team. Thanks.

dizzymike1
  • Options
    ObanOban Member Posts: 206
    edited January 2013
    Hi

I have been playing fairly regularly on Sky now since last April and have to say its been great. Very impressed with the community spirit and rallying that takes place - started playing regularly now on a Monday evening and would love to get a bit more involved with a team.   There are a couple of questions I have though:

1.   What is the criteria for joining a team
    2.   What is the initiation ceremony like ??!! ;)

Many thanks 

Oban 
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: "Pick me! Pick me!" - The 'I want to be in one of these teams' thread:
    Hi I have been playing fairly regularly on Sky now since last April and have to say its been great. Very impressed with the community spirit and rallying that takes place - started playing regularly now on a Monday evening and would love to get a bit more involved with a team.   There are a couple of questions I have though: 1.   What is the criteria for joining a team 2.   What is the initiation ceremony like ??!! ;) Many thanks  Oban 
    Posted by Oban
    Hi Oban.
    Seen you about on the tables a few times.

1. We have no criteria for joining our team (Team Poker Titans) - Just play as often as you can on a Monday Night, and try to keep involved in the team thread and Private Tournies, it's all about having fun.

2. Initiation Ceremony? Well we don't have one, but we are always open to suggestions :)

Let me know if you are interested

Pokertrev (Captain, Team Poker Titans)
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Member Posts: 201
    edited January 2013
    Hi there Guys & Gals !!!

Team Diamond are more than happy to have members of any poker ability and at any poker level, you can be a constant player or an everyday recreational player who plays for fun.

We enjoy the Sky networks community spirit and is the reason why we are drawn to play on here. Its all good fun and we are a massive up and coming team.. with lots & lots going on !!

No Initiation but as Trev says above we could always arrange a lil something if you wud prefer. ;)

Please dont hesitate to message me and we can get you joined up ASAP :).

Thank you for taking time to read all of Skys forums and obviously big ty for being so interested in joing one of Skys teams.

xXx
  • Options
    SlykllistSlykllist Member Posts: 2,888
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: "Pick me! Pick me!" - The 'I want to be in one of these teams' thread:
    Hi I have been playing fairly regularly on Sky now since last April and have to say its been great. Very impressed with the community spirit and rallying that takes place - started playing regularly now on a Monday evening and would love to get a bit more involved with a team.   There are a couple of questions I have though: 1.   What is the criteria for joining a team 2.   What is the initiation ceremony like ??!! ;) Many thanks  Oban 
    Posted by Oban
    Hi Oban

We''e played against each other quite alot from memory and I have always enjoyed playing you.  I think we have also shared a table at an SPT too?

Anyway, I'm Vice Captain of HitSquad and would be very pleased to have you join us.

That said, the other teams on here are all great and you have other offers from two of the best so whatever you decide I wish you all the best.

As for initiations, I'll have a word with HITMAN_RV but I suspect it will involve chips and gravy!

Any questions please PM me or ask on here
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: "Pick me! Pick me!" - The 'I want to be in one of these teams' thread : Hi Oban. Seen you about on the tables a few times. 1. We have no criteria for joining our team ( Team Poker Titans ) - Just play as often as you can on a Monday Night, and try to keep involved in the team thread and Private Tournies, it's all about having fun.   2. Initiation Ceremony? Well we don't have one, but we are always open to suggestions :) Let me know if you are interested Pokertrev ( Captain, Team Poker Titans )
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Hi Pokertrev

Thank you very much for your offer. I have decided purely on meeting in person two of the guys from Hitsquad at the spt grand final to take them up on their offer.
    Id like to wish wish you and all the TPT memebers all the best for the coming year and may you all run good!

Regards

Oban
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hi there Guys & Gals !!! Team Diamond are more than happy to have members of any poker ability and at any poker level, you can be a constant player or an everyday recreational player who plays for fun. We enjoy the Sky networks community spirit and is the reason why we are drawn to play on here. Its all good fun and we are a massive up and coming team.. with lots & lots going on !! No Initiation but as Trev says above we could always arrange a lil something if you wud prefer. ;) Please dont hesitate to message me and we can get you joined up ASAP :). Thank you for taking time to read all of Skys forums and obviously big ty for being so interested in joing one of Skys teams. xXx
    Posted by minxymoo

Hi Minxymoo

Thank you very much for your offer. As explained to Pokertrev I have decided, purely on meeting in person two of the guys from Hitsquad at the spt grand final, to take them up on their offer.
    Id like to wish wish you and all the Team Diamond members all the best for the coming year and may you all run good also ;) 

Regards

Oban
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: "Pick me! Pick me!" - The 'I want to be in one of these teams' thread : Hi Oban We''e played against each other quite alot from memory and I have always enjoyed playing you.  I think we have also shared a table at an SPT too? Anyway, I'm Vice Captain of HitSquad and would be very pleased to have you join us. That said, the other teams on here are all great and you have other offers from two of the best so whatever you decide I wish you all the best. As for initiations, I'll have a word with HITMAN_RV but I suspect it will involve chips and gravy! Any questions please PM me or ask on here
    Posted by Slykllist
    Hi Slykllist

Thank you very much for your kind offer, i would like to take that offer up please.  Nothing at all to do with the chips n gravy ;)
    I have sent you a PM.

Regards

Oban
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: "Pick me! Pick me!" - The 'I want to be in one of these teams' thread : Hi Minxymoo Thank you very much for your offer. As explained to Pokertrev I have decided, purely on meeting in person two of the guys from Hitsquad at the spt grand final, to take them up on their offer. Id like to wish wish you and all the Team Diamond members all the best for the coming year and may you all run good also ;)  Regards Oban
    Posted by Oban
    Ty for letting us know :) Good luck with the hitsquad a very worthy team .. All the best & good luck at the tables :) xx
  • Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: "Pick me! Pick me!" - The 'I want to be in one of these teams' thread : Hi Slykllist Thank you very much for your kind offer, i would like to take that offer up please.  Nothing at all to do with the chips n gravy ;) I have sent you a PM. Regards Oban
    Posted by Oban
    EXCELLENT NEWS!! WELCOME TO THE SQUAD!!!!.......

RESULTS FROM START OF DTD TEAM LEAGUE!!!

Champions            Runners-up
    May '11  Team Knightplop Team HitSquad
    June '11 Team PokerTrev  Team HitSquad
    July '11  Team 51             Team PokerTrev
    Aug.'11  Team PokerTrev  Team 51
    Sept.'11 Team 51
                               Team HitSquad
    Oct. '11  Team HitSquad   Team 51
    Nov.'11  Team PokerTrev 
    Team Hitsquad
    Dec.'11  Team HitSquad   
    Team PokerTrev
    Jan.'12   Team PokerTrev  Team 51
    Feb.'12   DYM LegEnds      Team Hitsquad   

March 12 Team HitSquad    Team PokerTrev
    April '12   Team HitSquad  Team PokerTrev
    May 12   Team PokerTitans Team Hitsquad
    June 12  Team HitSquad  Team PokerTitans
    July 12   Team 51           
    Team HitSquad
    Aug 12   Team HitSquad    Team 51
    Sept 12  Team 51            Team HitSquad
    Oct 12   Team HitSquad   Team Diamond
    Nov 12   Team Diamond   Team HitSquad
    Dec 12   Team HitSquad   Team Diamond

HITSQUAD APPLICATION FORM!!!!

please fill in copy n paste, if u would like to join, ALL WELCOME!!

1,  Name...............

2,  SEX M/F..........

3,  SANE/INSANE..........

4,  Football Team........

5,  Fav Drink, [or not].....

6,  Special Powers [like the X-Men, what could you add to The HitSquad] ...

7,   If you were not a member of the Famous HitSquad what would you rather be?.....

8, Would you eat Chips, Cheese & Gravy for breakfast, after a long day/nite drinking & pokering?.....

New or existing Members, please join our Facebook Group!!

Here is the Facebook link to Hitman's (David Harvey) HitSquad Captain, page

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002504449773

And mine (Lisa Reynolds), Cheif Hitsquad Recruitment Officer,

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1385366754

Add one (or both!!) of us and we'll get u added to the Hitsquad Facebook page. 

Hope to see u there soon :)
  • Options
    shiftyladshiftylad Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2013
    Hi guys. i am an absaloute poker nuwbie. Just wondering if anyone looking for a rookie to basically give guidence to lol. I promise to always raise the button and fold under the gun. Ye have my word.
    Adios amigos. Good flops to ye all.
  • Options
    zixxerninezixxernine Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    Gday,

I have been playing for a few years now, I enjoy nlhe the best, heads up and omaha (which I have been dabbling in for about a year).  Played mainly on free sites in the past as I am not Isildur1 (who is tho right?) and have been in team games and organised matches on there for a while.    

I dont play here much, but would like to and improve my game further.

Any questions please shout or if I need to do anything more like interviews or bring cake please yell.

Tks much,

Z
  • Options
    xzkute69xzkute69 Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    Hi all looking to up my game and join a team 

i like a good cider or brandy whilst playing hands, gotta admit i do get annoyed on air calls and they hit on river but hey thats just poker lol. 

if anyone is interested in taking me on giving me an opportunity and explaining how the whole team thing works please let me know 

many thanxs

karlos
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hiya all of above :)

If you are still interested in joining team please don't hesitate to message me.. At Team Diamond we have poker abilities of all levels from people starting out to members that have won prestigious amounts and have played for many years. We gather together on here and on our FB page & love to hear of all the stories of bad beats and run goods..  and a fair few of the players have a little jest with each other and have HU competitions.

We welcome all and are a big part of the Sky community, which I feel we have made quite a big impact on seeing as we haven't been here too long .. have a look abt - look on my sky page for email and if you're interested maybe we can chat further.

All we ask of you is that you enjoy the game and bring us lots more fun, laughter and poker stories :)

Minxymoo xx
  • Options
    SummerjadeSummerjade Member Posts: 129
    edited January 2013
    Hi all Team Dragons are always looking for new team members,  any1 interested in joining us message me on ere on thro fb at - https://www.facebook.com/gina.lang and ill give u more info on how to join in the fun x
  • Options
    MaureenAMaureenA Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2013
    Hiya all of above :) If you are still interested in joining team please don't hesitate to message me.. At Team Diamond we have poker abilities of all levels from people starting out to members that have won prestigious amounts and have played for many years. We gather together on here and on our FB page & love to hear of all the stories of bad beats and run goods..  and a fair few of the players have a little jest with each other and have HU competitions. We welcome all and are a big part of the Sky community, which I feel we have made quite a big impact on seeing as we haven't been here too long .. have a look abt - look on my sky page for email and if you're interested maybe we can chat further. All we ask of you is that you enjoy the game and bring us lots more fun, laughter and poker stories :) Minxymoo xx
    Posted by minxymoo

Hey 
    I would really love the chance to join your team, you seem to stand out and seem very keen on letting new poker starters join. I have not played on here long but have already made a profit ( which is a bonus ) :) 
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: "Pick me! Pick me!" - The 'I want to be in one of these teams' thread : Hey  I would really love the chance to join your team, you seem to stand out and seem very keen on letting new poker starters join. I have not played on here long but have already made a profit ( which is a bonus ) :) 
    Posted by MaureenA
    Hi Maureen 

Firstly ty for choosing Diamonds ;) we are exactly as you say open to all members & would welcome you warmly !! Could you please PM me ur email address & we can chat there .. I cant access Sky from work which is a nightmare :( so easier via email .. If this isnt suitable then i will measage you after 3pm tomorrow !! Ty again and i look forward to speaking with you !!
    x M x
  • Options
    sturgess06sturgess06 Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    I have recently started playing more regularly and would like to join a team.Would appreciate any offers'