You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited December 2011
    I think a few of them were against 1 guy.

I wouldn't generally look for a change of opponent just because 1 is running good, I just normally play through it.

If I somehow get dragged into a chatbox war (v rarely happens) with someone who is getting under my skin I'd like to think I could look for a new game or take a break.

You gotta be prepared for runs like this though. If you're in the middle of a session, and want a realistic idea of where you are, take 6/7 buy ins off your roll, coz 15/20 mins later that's where you could well be at without doing anything wrong!

Also helps to keep me 100% focussed on every game which is sooooo important HU!
  • Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited December 2011
    Hello JJ, all the best an all that.
    Can you post my HU stats for December please?
    Fancy some sort of challange for January? best ROI or summit, open to ideas if you fancy it.
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited December 2011
    Here you go mate, very nice...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/freechips.png/
    freechips1         303£1.3  £8  18%£394  -N/ASkyPoker12/1/2011 12/29/2011 Heads Up SNG Only x
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    HNY HU sngers!

I failed to update after my final 2011 session. It was nothing special, in fact I played 50 odd games for $20ish profit. Very unspectacular, but it was enough to lock up the silver star on sharkscope for being the 19th most profitable sng player on sky poker in 2011  :))))

Had coxy not retired & boonicon not had a bad session @ the end of Dec I would have missed out by a gnats knacker! so thank god for education & varience :)

19th doesnt sound much but I only went bak to sngs when the hypers were introduced in September so had alot of catching up to do!

2012 targets.

Whilst alot of players are aiming to up their volume to take advantage of the new c4p's schemes & incentives I've realised I'm never gonna be able to do that kinda thing.

Instead I'm gonna try to move up & player higher buy in sngs, the 30/40/50 squid HU turbos as well as the 10/20 hypers that I play now, and occasionally some reg speeds if I see a good opportunity.

The 1 measurable goal I'm setting myself is to finish in the top 5 of the sng leaderboard on sharkscope in 2012.

I believe in 2011 that would require a profit of around $15,000.

Away from HU sngs, i'll be trying to play the velocity mtt's on sky poker as much as possible, & am also looking forward to playing some of the TCOOP series on Stars later this month. 

----------------------------------------

Having written an essay already, i'll keep yesterdays sng write up short.

I never really got going.

Normally I game select where possible, but accidentally auto reg'd a game against Wakko, which turned into an ongoing 10 game battle, he crushed me for the first half b4 I got some momentum going and won a few back.

Not the ideal opponent in this structure!

Anyway after 2 days of 2012, i'm sitting 7th on the leaderboard! lol!

Just 350 days to hang on !!!

GL in 2012 all! run gut!

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    DOHHHHHHH  69$2  $17  10%$112  -N/ASkyPoker<1Day Heads Up SNG Onlyx

--------------------------------

@ freechips, what did u have in mind? just a straight ROI race
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited January 2012
    alrite mate, i mite be up for a little challenge if u fancy another one? obv we play diff games but cud still compete on the overall sky leaderboard?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" *2012 update & targets*:
    alrite mate, i mite be up for a little challenge if u fancy another one? obv we play diff games but cud still compete on the overall sky leaderboard?
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Yea happy to give it a go.

I dunno wat method fchips was thinking of, roi/profit etc & over wat sample, xxx games or xxx period of time?

Will see what he comes up with. 
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Ermmm, I dunno.
    A bit of motivation for both of us, i am so lazy.
    How about 1000 games this month, hyper, turbo or a mix of both best ROI wins?
    It will push me on to play more, if i dont do some sort of challange then i will prob only put 500 games in.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I dunno if i'll be able to make 1k games. Will prob have 10 full sessions in Jan, n normally play between 60-100 per session so maybe.

750 more realistic tho.

btw just entered u for consideration on the leaderboard & u went str8 in @ 11! ur now the owner of a silver star! lol. congratz.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    LOL, tyvm m8.
    750 sounds ok. 
    So best ROI over 750 games this month.  The winner will be crowned "King of super fast HU" <you can change the name if you wish.
    As i dont have scope, its up to you to post up some regular graphs and stats for both of us.
    BTW do i get anything for having a star? Money? or is it just a star?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    ok minimum of 750, can carry on playing as many as u want after that until end of Jan if u want but need to play 750 to qualify.

Skope doesnt let me search bak to a specific date so i'll only be able to get complete stats for Jan @ the end of jan.

Will be able to post daily/weekly & last xxx no of games type graphs n stuff that will give a rough idea of where we're both @ tho.

No money for the star I'm afraid but if you can hold on to 11th until Dec u will be a good 10 grand better off.

glgl
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited January 2012
    It might disappear very soon but as of right now I have a silver **** star !! 
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    lol! congratz man.

10th most profitable <$2 HU sng player in the World this year!

No reason why you cany hold on to that!
  • Options
    salad24salad24 Member Posts: 275
    edited January 2012
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    wow good effort! if that from hypers or turbos?
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited January 2012
    Pure Hypers so far mate. I think it just shows how many losing players there must be playing these at this level if my meagre profit puts me on a leaderboard, but like I say it can change in an instant, good while it lasts though :).
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Not going well for me.
    I will work out how many games played by my poker points, 30 ish so far.
    Seem to be running bad, the last 2 i have won i needed a set and str8 flush, lost a few today with sets too.  Its HU ffs, why isnt 1 pair enough.
    Gl JJ.
  • Options
    edited January 2012

I played 6 hypers last night stone cold sober and I didn't have a clue what buttons to press I was like a petrified nit.

slowrolled a guy hand 1 in a hyper with AQ thinking he must have AK......

Gonna have to blast thru the games when I'm on the pop coz I got no chance without a beer.

Roll on 2morrow!!!
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited January 2012
    ok minimum of 750, can carry on playing as many as u want after that until end of Jan if u want but need to play 750 to qualify. Skope doesnt let me search bak to a specific date so i'll only be able to get complete stats for Jan @ the end of jan. Will be able to post daily/weekly & last xxx no of games type graphs n stuff that will give a rough idea of where we're both @ tho. No money for the star I'm afraid but if you can hold on to 11th until Dec u will be a good 10 grand better off. glgl
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

You can use the "custom date" option to search between any two dates.

Gl both.
  • Options
    edited January 2012

That makes life so much easier!!!

Will be able to post regular updates now then, if you post on here after you've played a chunky session FC I'll post your stats n graph etc.

Think I'm gonna have to play more turbos than I normally would to have a chance in this. Game on tomorrow!!!
  • Options
    wason06wason06 Member Posts: 61
    edited January 2012

Good thread mate, keep the updates coming as its always a good read. Always interesting to hear about the rather sick variance in the Hypers. As a reg speed player it is miles away from what I experience. I've had a go from time to time but as a variance nit the swings are somewhat painful!

• Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited January 2012

I'll post here before I blink and it disappears - I'm currently the proud owner of a silver star and sitting 10th on the Sky Leaderboard!

This shouldn't last but I'll see how long I can live the dream (prob be gone by end of my session2moro lol).