You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Options
    delaney09delaney09 Member Posts: 1,145
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : PMSL my tea nearly went everywhere :P
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    don't hate............ i had him over and done with in a couple of minutes ;) didn't see him again for the rest of the night lol
  • Options
    nagromnagrom Member Posts: 198
    edited September 2011
    If you play a lot of these you will experience some HUGE swings. I recommend using 150-200 buyins as a BR guideline. If you're a winning player you can expect an ROI of between 2-4% over a large sample (around 10k games). The main attraction is the rakeback really, although they are quite fun just for a change from the norm.
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited September 2011
    I understand the massive variance involved here but an ROI of 2-4% seems mighty low. Obviously taking into account rake payed to Sky, so winning one, then losing one would still leave you in loss, but still 2-4% means you're winning a very minor amount over 50% of games played and if you're HUs game is strong and you play the right opponents, I'm sure you could achieve a better ROI.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited September 2011
    If you play a lot of these you will experience some HUGE swings. I recommend using 150-200 buyins as a BR guideline. If you're a winning player you can expect an ROI of between 2-4% over a large sample (around 10k games). The main attraction is the rakeback really, although they are quite fun just for a change from the norm.
    Posted by nagrom
    This guy knows his onions.

I think at the lower levels on sky there will be alot of "free games" against extremely soft opponents. 

The 5% rake is a stumbling block, but that's what the trial period is for, not only for sky to see if there is a market for them, but for players to experiment and decide if they're gonna be profitable.

I'm sure they will be more profitable than the turbo dyms btw. If anyone wants to challenge me on that, I'm up for it! ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I understand the massive variance involved here but an ROI of 2-4% seems mighty low. Obviously taking into account rake payed to Sky, so winning one, then losing one would still leave you in loss, but still 2-4% means you're winning a very minor amount over 50% of games played and if you're HUs game is strong and you play the right opponents, I'm sure you could achieve a better ROI.
    Posted by Lambert180
    over a huge amount ROI's in SNGs are never going to be ridiculously high compared to mtt rois where you could have a 1% roi and get a big win and shoot to a 150% roi... to have an roi of between 2-4% over a high volume is considered brilliant if you sharkscope epitomised on PS under SNGs you will see what i mean....
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited September 2011
    Just had a go at these. Played 4 won 2 lost 2 - got in ahead 5 times and lost every one. The varience in these will be huge as it ends up as a coin flip quite quickly. Good for the gamblers IMO. GL with them - not for me though.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2011
    Heres a thought for you. If you were a complete degen who never slept and you make 40k cash for points from just these alone you would be on 100% rakeback. (Including the priority 25% you would actually make money)

Correct me if I'm wrong but you get 1 point per £1 entry fee, so £5.25 buyin = 5 points. 8,000 STT's = 40,000 points and 80,000 x 25p reg fee = £2000 (Which is the same as you get for 40k points)... CHA CHING!! (+25% bonus = £2,000 + £500)
  • Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited September 2011
    so how many tables for how long charles?

• Options
    sillymunchsillymunch Member Posts: 299
    edited September 2011
    Heres a thought for you. If you were a complete degen who never slept and you make 40k cash for points from just these alone you would be on 100% rakeback. (Including the priority 25% you would actually make money) Correct me if I'm wrong but you get 1 point per £1 entry fee, so £5.25 buyin = 5 points. 8,000 STT's = 40,000 points and 80,000 x 25p reg fee = £2000 (Which is the same as you get for 40k points)... CHA CHING!! (+25% bonus = £2,000 + £500)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Am i wrong :S i thought it was not on how much you pay, but the entry fee
    so £5 + 25p entry fee?
    so you need 4 games for 1 point

NOW i could be wrong :)
  • Options
    mattlessmattless Member Posts: 194
    edited September 2011
    Heres a thought for you. If you were a complete degen who never slept and you make 40k cash for points from just these alone you would be on 100% rakeback. (Including the priority 25% you would actually make money) Correct me if I'm wrong but you get 1 point per £1 entry fee, so £5.25 buyin = 5 points. 8,000 STT's = 40,000 points and 80,000 x 25p reg fee = £2000 (Which is the same as you get for 40k points)... CHA CHING!! (+25% bonus = £2,000 + £500)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Only get 3 points as it is based on rake (25p) not entry of £5
  • Options
    NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited September 2011
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Its 1 point per 10p in the rake fee, i.e 10 points for an £10 + £1 jobbie, 8 points for the £5 + 75p BHs.

So to reach 30 000 poker points you would need to play 10 000 of these in a month, which would be an outlay of £52500, at an average of 333 a day on a 30 day month.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited September 2011
    jj If you wish you can post up the following  in the opening post in  the your thread .......

Sit & DOHHHHHHH hu games are allowed in

IRISHROVER'S HU COMP .

Denis .
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited September 2011
    Posted by Lambert180
    2%-4% sounds about right to me.  In a standard 6 max DYM a ROI as little as 5% is considered pretty good.  A vast amount of fast structured DYMs and HU SnGs boil down to a flip, and the ROI is made by limiting these as much as you can while taking advantage of those games which don't need the flip and making your edge there.

Thinking of doing something a little silly regarding these new SnGs to try and promote them.  Dohhhhh's been invaluable to the forum and he deserves these to do well.  As such I'll be giving him first refusal on a little challenge I have in mind.  Keep your eyes peeled JJ.
  • Options
    Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited September 2011
    In Response to "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Admittedly, the variance is gonna be high, but with low rake, and high volume, so can your ROI
    Since when did more volume increase ROI?  I would love these if I didn't suck at HU...
  • Options
    Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited September 2011
    if you sharkscope epitomised on PS under SNGs you will see what i mean....
    Posted by delaney09
    He has 15%...
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    edited September 2011
    Posted by nagrom
    Watched you play a few of these this PM and you seemed to be "quite" good!!  Any tips/advice?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : He has 15%...
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    i didn't say he had a 2-4% roi i was just pointing out someone thats made a living out of SNGs and to look at his roi
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,475
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : over a huge amount ROI's in SNGs are never going to be ridiculously high compared to mtt rois where you could have a 1% roi and get a big win and shoot to a 150% roi... to have an roi of between 2-4% over a high volume is considered brilliant if you sharkscope epitomised on PS under SNGs you will see what i mean....
    Posted by delaney09
    ....which is why we had him on Ch 865 as a Special Guest recently. He has an awesome understanding of SNG's, said to be one of the best in Europe. But there will not be many with an ROI THAT good!
  • Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited September 2011
    One from one !!
    HITMAN_RV10001£10 + 3 League Points
    pensi02 
    good filler between tournies !!
  • Options
    nagromnagrom Member Posts: 198
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Watched you play a few of these this PM and you seemed to be " quite " good!!  Any tips/advice?
    Posted by Glenelg
    Haha you must have seen the ones I didn't donk off my chips. I'd say that you have to keep in mind the stacks are shallow so there isn't much postflop play, so make bold bets/raises or just fold. We never really have the implied odds to call for a draw. There will be a lot of shoving quite early into the games but try to keep your shove calling range tight (can be widened for looser villains). Instinct and general feel for the game can play a big part in achieving success at these too  By no means an expert but hope that helps.