You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,701
    edited May 2016

"Not to sound rude but I'd imagine the weight is harder to shift as you get older?"

Absolutely correct, & to make it worse, it's easier to put it on at my age, too, so a bit of a double whammy there.

It takes me far longer to lose weight these days than it used to.

One thing I will continue once I am off-diet mode is continue my daily walks. That will at least give me some calorie headroom.

"I am looking forward to eating toast again though. So much love for the glorious hunger quashing qualities of brown toast"

Oh my, we are kindred spirits. Thickly buttered toast - very thickly buttered - is one of my biggest weaknesses.

• Options
    edited May 2016

"I've made a few poker comparisons throughout the challenge, but holding on to what I have is something I've done throughout my poker career. 

It's 1 of the reasons I play so low, I want to protect my bankroll, it's taken alot of hard work to get it, I really don't want to risk losing it."

Another way in which we are very similar. But scary that, as we actually disagree on so many other things.

I'm as bad as you with Bankroll, I am playing off an account balance of £2,700, but I never play above £11 games. I think you are quite similar in that respect.

It would really upset me if I knocked that in, having run it all the way up from £200.

Nits rule.

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited May 2016

Happy Saturdayz :) 

I've just weighed in 2 stones and half a pound lighter than I did 58 days ago, which means I've successfully completed the challenge with 2 days to spare. 

-----

Total loss after 8 weeks of the challenge = 28.5. lbs. 

Total loss since Jan 1st = 43.75 lbs. 

Exactly 2 days left.

Exactly 0lbs required to hit the goal. 

-----

Over the moon :)

Celebrated by making my porrdige this morning with low fat milk instead of water. 

So goooooood. 

----

Played some poker tournaments last night.

I had a run in the hot 3, where I was 12th/100 left from a field of >3,000.

And came about 90th, which was most pleasing. 

---

Today should be fun. 

The Boro v Brighton game, the Crolla and Kahn fights and my guilt free afternoon toast will be the highlights. 

• Options
    edited May 2016

Congratulations, JJ.

Lost 3 stones, & quit with the drinking.

Quite a long-shot double, that.

You are in a much better place for all that disciplined self-denial.
  • Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited May 2016
    That's brilliant, very well done. This achievement has impressed me far more than anything you could possibly do at the poker tables.

Come on Brighton, biggest match since Hereford away 1997.
  • Options
    Wacko90Wacko90 Member Posts: 906
    edited May 2016
    Congrats mate, doing what you have done takes a huge amount of self discipline, motivation and hard work! 

You should be proud of what you've achieved! 

Agree with Gary, considering the tone of your posts and you general health a good few months this achievement one **** of a contrast and surpasses anything you could achieve on the tables in my opinion! Inspiring stuff!
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited May 2016
    BOOMIO!

Sure even Tikay won't begrudge an exclamation mark there.

VWP.

• Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,581
    edited May 2016
    Another VERY Well Done.  Forget the tables...you should be sending your diary out to publishers. 

p.s.  Hot buttered toast, gadds (real butter mind, none of that utterly stihe) is also my guilty pleasure.
  • Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    edited May 2016

in admiration, well done.

• Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,058
    edited May 2016
    Never in doubt wpwp keep it up.
  • Options
    day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    edited May 2016
    Just catching up on this , fantastic achievement.

Congrats
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,708
    edited May 2016
    played jj knew you would do it :)
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Happy Saturdayz :)  I've just weighed in 2 stones and half a pound lighter than I did 58 days ago, which means I've successfully completed the challenge with 2 days to spare.  ----- Total loss after 8 weeks of the challenge = 28.5. lbs.  Total loss since Jan 1st = 43.75 lbs.  
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Guess we'll have to stop calling you fatty fatty toad boy behind your back ;-)

Well done mate

• Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,685
    edited May 2016
    Very well done sir
  • Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Guess we'll have to stop calling you fatty fatty toad boy behind your back ;-) Well done mate
    Posted by NoseyBonk

No more D'ohhhhhhhy McD'ohhhhhhhface

• Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited May 2016
    Very well done!

Something I am hoping to do myself in the coming weeks, will have a browse through your diary for any tips.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited May 2016

Thanks all for the great reaction on here.

It means alot, and it makes me feel ded chuffed reading all the kind words and support from so many different people. 

It's really surprised me how happy completing the challenge has made me. 

Kinda hasn't sunk in yet. I know I haven't climbed Everest or owt, I'm just a fat guy who got slightly less fat, but from where I was it feels like a big deal :)

Going to keep going, that half marathon in September is gonna happen"!!!!!!!"

Back in training on Tuesday. 

-------

Talking of challenging running goals, I saw on twitter that friend of the thread GaryQQQ is going to take on 3 runs in 3 different countries inside 5 weeks, culminating in the New York marathon in November. 

You can read more about his plans here. 

------

Fyi, The toad is the ugliest of all the amphibians !!!! :)

• Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited May 2016
    Thanks for the shout-out. Few people will be looking forward to reaching 50 more than me :)

I thought I'd keep my plans quiet until after I completed the South West Coast Path walk. Now I have I thought it was about time to let people who know me know why I've been focussing on the running so much lately.
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited May 2016

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

very impressive - vwp

do you listen to music when out walking, or are you with nature.

if the former, how about switching to an audiobook of Candide?

• Options
    BigHawk89BigHawk89 Member Posts: 627
    edited May 2016
    Well done on the challenge dohh, been going through a diet change myself and it's tough sticking to it, takes alot of self discipline!

I think this is the only diary on the forum I regularly check up on now even though I don't post.

Are you still playing any cash on sky? I think your missing a trick if not, there's plenty of money to be made even at nl20/30. If you put in some volume you will easy beat it!