You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited May 2016

Gd Arfternoon.

Boring poker results post only incoming, as I've played a few sessions and need to keep the roll up to date.

It feels like I'm getting unlucky alot. 

Shock to hear a poker player say that I bet.

And then lucky alot to undo the initial badluck.

Playing abit better each session though, gradually getting back into the swing of things. 

Had to play stars zoom today as bwin wasn't running. 

+$9 the result. 

-$20 the ev. 

KK > AA aipf

JJ /> 9T all in on QJ2K

Tough school.

Total roll boost of £37.50 - £5 punted on a HT tourny on here. 

= +32.50 

Roll = £2300.03.

Health still all over the shop so gonna stick to cash games for the forseeable. 

Exercise has dropped off abit intensity wise since I ended the weight loss challenge. Still doing a fair amount but not enough. I have lost another 4.75 lbs regardless though. It's all about the diet. 

Toothache is a solid diet strat. 

I haven't been through to the dog shelter for a few weeks. As I'm relieved of dog walking duties at home this week I'm setting a goal to go through 3 times between tomorrow and Sunday.  

Enjoy half term y'all. 

• Options
    edited June 2016

Hello.

Cash results since last update....

+$36.66

which = £25.15

Which means Roll = 2325.18

---

I've managed to drag Lambo out of retirement tonight to join me in an MTT session.

We will be playing the following: 

7.00 $5 turbo rebuy, $8k gtd.

7.15 $6 $1k gtd.

9.45 $5 turbo deepstack, 1.5k gtd.

Stars

7.15 Hot 2

7.50 $7.50 6max PKO turbo, $15k gtd.

10.15, Hot 7.50 <3

Sky

6.30 £2r

6.45pm £5.75 BH, 1k gtd.

7.30pm £5.50, £200 gtd.

8pm Main

8.30 Mini

9.05 £5.50 200 gtd.

9.15 £2.20 speed rebuy £250 gtd

9.30 £11 BH

10.00 £5 200 gtd turbo

About £85 down the Greame Swanny.

As long as I lose £0.01 less than he does though I'll be happy. Shouldn't be too difficult considering how bad he runs and all that kinda thing.

----

I've got my 2.5 mile PB down to 24 mins and 11 seconds.

That's actually a lie though, because it turns out the route I've been running is actually only 2.43 miles.

Still, tomorrow I'm going to attempt to run 30 minutes without stopping (the final challenge on couch to 5k), and if that goes ok, I'm going to do my first park run this Saturday, either in Sheffield or Rotherham, I haven't decided yet.

So I may be asking for some tips on what/when to eat/drink in the lead up to the big day!

Hashtag nerves.

I've also started another weightloss challenge with a mate, this time to just lose 1 stone.

We started on Friday, and without doing anything particuarly vigerous exercise wise, or any extreme dieting, I've dropped 3.5 lbs in 4 days.

It's clearly a scale variance thing, but encouraging none the less.

----

Hope y'all are doing good.

Enjoying the weather and winning the flips etc.

I'll be back to update this time tomorrow hopefully to bring news of a tournament win or at least a successfully completed 3 mile jog.

Or...

what's more likely to happen....

Is Lambo comes up with an excuse not to play which in turn gives me an out not to bother.

I really really don't want that to happen. LIKE REALLY. PLZ DONT PAUL.

:)

• Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited June 2016
    Good luck for your 30 minute attempt, park run and pokers. There's absolutely no reason to vary from what you'd normally eat and drink before your 2.5/2.43 practise runs, just stick to what you're used to.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Brag

Beat

MTTs never happened.

Variance 

Cash did. 

----

I've realised already, with only a little exposure to intense exericise, that running is a real burtal battle between body and mind.

My body throughout todays run was screaming at me to stop, only the power of a determined mind could resist the almost irresistable urgers and continue. 

Real agony, from a long way out. 

Still, it got done, and whilst it was extremely painful, it wasn't as bad as this mornings poker efforts. 

Hopefully a 9am start on Saturday and some overcast conditions will help me improve my time from today. 

I know I've got the 5k in me, just got to go and do it now ! :)

Want to get my money back off those Belerussian Bosses first tho. $£$£$£$£$£

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Smashed it, well done :)

As I'm sure you're well aware 3.2 miles = 5.15km, your park run will be exactly 5.00km.

In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    I've realised already, with only a little exposure to intense exericise, that running is a real burtal battle between body and mind.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Absolutely correct. Just about everybody, no matter how unfit or overweight, has the physical ability to run 30 minutes eventually if they really want to. Not many have strength of mind required to win all the inevitable battles between body and mind they'll encounter on the way. You did, congratulations.

Dohhhhhhhh 1- 0 Dohhhhhhh's Central Governor
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Ok, the weekend didn't go to plan.

The aim was to...

Completely relax Friday

Complete the Park Run Saturday.

Win at Poker Sunday.

What happened was....

Walked 15 miles Friday.

Got drunk and lost at poker Saturday.

Spent Sunday in bed.

----

ayahhhhh.

----

So it all started going wrong when I saw a dog I really liked at the rescue kennells whilst walking on Thursday.

It meant I had to rush through again on Friday (and then walk the 13 miles home) to introduce our current 1 (Bonnie) to the potential new 1, Bryan, to make sure I got him before anyone else could reserve him.

That left me absolutely nackered, and I'd already decided by mid afternoon on Friday that the run wasn't happening.

Back we went on Saurday for a 2nd introduction, and brought the big guy home. 

He's a little under-weight but he has come from rescue, and that wont be the case for long here. <3

----

So after the busy day dogging, I decided to have a beer or 2 for the England match.

Which was fine.

What wasn't was the 5 or 6 I necked afterwards and the £50 or so I spewed at 20nl whilst doing so.

Grim reminder of the dark days, waking up on a Sunday feeling awful and then remember I lost money to boot. 

Grim.

Sunday was wasted, and even this morning has been a struggle.

Hopefully that wont happen again. 

---

10nl over on the dollar site has been up and down since the last roll update.

Here is a graphical representation of what has been happening

http://imgur.com/kErBrpM     **proper image there now!**

$43 profit = £30.33

Minus the £49.51 I donated to the 20nl guys on here.

= a loss of £19.18 since last roll update.

New bankroll is £2306 exactly. 
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,684
    edited June 2016
    Everyone falls of the wagon but not usually due to dogging keep up the good work and get yourself back on track gl gl gl
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited June 2016
    I did laugh at the dogging thing. Have you seen Car Share?

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,566
    edited June 2016

Not going to lecture you on your hopefully 'one off' wagon fall. Try not to be tempted again during the Euros and please focus on all the good work and effort you have put in so far mate.

Bryan & Bonnie should keep you out of trouble now anyway!

As for poker....you are the only one who can control that.

• Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,581
    edited June 2016
    Why didn't you name him Clyde?  ;-)  
  • Options
    edited June 2016

In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    I did laugh at the dogging thing. Have you seen Car Share?
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Ive seen a few episodes Bonk. I think it's very good.

A few cringe bits, especially when the birds voice goes so high pitched. Reminds me abit of enthusiastic 14 year olds in drama class trying to put expression into their voice and going ott. 

But it's funny. Which I guess is the aim. 

Kay very good. 

He's done some really good stuff then some utter tripe with that Geraldene thing. 

---

Just here to update yesterdays poker anyway so I dont duplicate results using the tracker. 

Played another 2 small sessions, 528 hands and 513 hands, making $17.91 and then $16.93.

= $34.84 = £24.59

Roll = £2330.59

On we grind/punt. ~Ascot :)
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited June 2016
    Watch them all! They're all brilliant. And I like the Kayleigh character and her voice :)

• Options
    edited June 2016

Gd'arfternoon. 

Nothing much to update of late. 

2 weeks and 2 days into my challenge to lose a further stone, and I'm down 4 lbs. 

That means I'm down exactly 50 Pounds since New Yrs Day. 

----

Poker has been slow this week too. 

Huffed and puffed alot and lost 5 books. 

---

It's just a mystery to me poker.

When I first started playing and then for the 4/5 years after that, the buzzword was always "AGGRESSION"

"AGGRESSIVE" players are "a nightmare to play against".

If you bet and raised alot, you were said to be good. 

We watched the likes of Durr and Ivey on TV running $400,000 (CASH) multi street bluffs in cash games with 7 high. 

Nowardays, even at low stakes, if you try to get 3 streets against a winning regular you're pretty much bluffing with hands that'd previously be considered the nuts.

And don't you dare even think about making semi-hero call downs! :) 

---

I played a short 600 hand session yesterday, and these 3 hands all happened. 

1)

This opponent was kind of new to me, but he'd started playing tight, as is the norm at a new table. He's played 8% of hands over a sample of 40, but we cant read too much into that.

** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  3c 3d ]
    TroyMaster7 folds
    kolcze folds
    DorianPP folds
    dikey72 raises [$0.25 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$0.20 USD]

** Dealing Flop ** [ 5c, 5h, 8d ]
    dikey72 bets [$0.40 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$0.40 USD]

** Dealing Turn ** [ 3h ]

dikey72 bets [$0.66 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$0.66 USD]

** Dealing River ** [ 3s ]

dikey72 will be using their time bank for this hand.
    dikey72 checks
    PeteGibbons99 bets [$2 USD]
    dikey72 calls [$2 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 shows [ 3c, 3d ]four of a kind, Threes.
    dikey72 doesn't show [ 6c, 5s ]a full house, Fives full of Threes.

AGGRESSION !

2) This guy is a complete unknown, probablt doesn't even know the rules, but I'll post it anyway. 

** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  Ad 3d ]

millturn folds
    PeteGibbons99 raises [$0.30 USD]
    Dracyus1 folds
    raffadis calls [$0.30 USD]
    nutt306 folds
    OfficialVC calls [$0.20 USD]

** Dealing Flop ** [ 6h, 6d, 5c ]

OfficialVC checks
    PeteGibbons99 checks
    raffadis checks

** Dealing Turn ** [ 9d ]

OfficialVC checks
    PeteGibbons99 checks
    raffadis checks

** Dealing River ** [ Tc ]

OfficialVC checks
    PeteGibbons99 checks
    raffadis checks

OfficialVC shows [ 5s, 6c ]
    PeteGibbons99 doesn't show 
    raffadis doesn't show 

AGGRESSIONNNNNNNNNN !!!!

3)  And this 3rd and final one is my favourite, because this guy is a regular, he plays 20/15 with a 7% 3bet.

PeteGibbons99 posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
    tempomag posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  Ah Kd ] 

Dadinzz raises [$0.25 USD]
    CodiG folds
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$0.20 USD]
    tempomag calls [$0.15 USD]

** Dealing Flop ** [ 7d, 5h, 9c ]

PeteGibbons99 checks
    tempomag checks
    Dadinzz checks

** Dealing Turn ** [ 5c ]

PeteGibbons99 checks
    tempomag checks
    Dadinzz checks

** Dealing River ** [ Kc ]

PeteGibbons99 bets [$0.54 USD]
    tempomag calls [$0.54 USD]
    Dadinzz folds
    PeteGibbons99 shows [ Ah, Kd ]two pairs, Kings and Fives.
    tempomag shows [ 7s, 7h ]a full house, Sevens full of Fives.

AGGRESSIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited July 2016

Good Morning.

I've not been around to post alot lately. 

Well I have, but didn't feel like it.

Had abit of an upsetting time irl, and didn't fancy writing about it. 

Still don't, but there is some poker results to update!

---

First running/fitness/health.

Getting better!

Last weekend I finally got round to doing my first park run.

I was very weary of failure, so I ran well within myself, and completed the course in 32 minutes and 57 seconds. 

My first mile took 11mins 24, second mile 11 mins 23, and the final full mile 9 mins 36.

I felt like I had plenty left in the tank at the finish line, so now I know the course. and have a better idea of my capabilities I'm confident I can shave a decent chunk off that PB in the coming weeks.

You guys were right, it was an excellent event. 

The enthusiasm of the volunteers/organisers made it such. 

Spot the speedster / Wheres Wally. 

This week I've ran continuously @ 5.5 mph for 40 minutes, which is a new high.

This week I aim for 50. 

To complete a half marathon I'd need to be able to run for well over 2 hours @ 5.5 mph.

I'm beginning to think this may be out of reach by September 11th. In fact I'm pretty sure it is, wp Dad & Geldy, u were probably right :(

Although I'm not giving up. And if I'm not ready for the target date I'll aim to get there asap. 

* Weight loss total for the year now 4st & 4 lbs. 

----

Poker...

We've moved up to 25nl this month. "Finally"

Mixed fortunes so far, but overall positive. 

This is the party/bwin Giraffe. 

I'd prefer the bottom line to be a tad closer to the top one, but it's nice to run good at all ins when moving up a level. I'll take it.

I also played abit of 20nl on sky 1 morning, just 1 table whilst I couldn't get alot of bwin action.

And dropped 50 quid. 

So overall up about £135 for the month. Also within a gnats knacker away from a £32.50 'rakeback' payment which is a pleasant bonus. I aint used to getting rakeback! 

---

Roll = £2441

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited July 2016
    Is that you in the batman top?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Congrats on your Park Run success. I'm really glad you enjoyed it. Sounds like you did a great job with the pacing. I see a sub 30-minute Park Run in your future :)

As for half marathons, it's definitely better to wait until you feel ready than to rush into one too soon. In September I'm now almost certainly going to be running in the Bridgwater Half rather than the New Forest Half. Then the Cardiff Half and Exeter's Great West Run in October.

I'm entered into the Exeter 10K on July 20th. It was my first 'race' when I returned to running in 2014, I crossed the finish line in 50-43. In 2015 I did it again, 49-39. This time I'm going to have a crack at getting that down to about 48 minutes.

The most impressive number for me in this update is your 4 st 4 lb weight loss in 2016. That is an incredible achievement, must have made a massive improvement to your health and well-being. I hope it's helped get you through whatever the upsetting real life stuff is.

• Options
    edited July 2016

Thanks Gary. I'll be disappointed if I don't crack 30 minutes at my next attempt, which was due to be 2 days ago but an unfortunate family incident @ 2am put pay to my 7am alarm and I couldn't make it, which was disappointing. 

I'm not quite as used to the early starts as you are! :)

Good luck with all your runs, if readers are interested in supporting GaryQQQ in his running endevours he's attempting to raise some £ for a great cause, you can read about his challenge here https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Gary-Qualter.

Some of the justgiving links I read are pretty 'meh' imo. Always good causes but often the challenge is pretty easy. That can't be said here, 3 big runs in 3 countries inside 5 weeks at the age of 50 is some achievement if he can do it! glgl. 

----

I've set a personal 40/40 challenge of my own for this week, running Monday - Sunday midnight. 

I want to aim to play 40 hours of 25nl ($), or 20nl if I include some sky.

And also run/walk 40 miles (with a minimum of 20 of the miles being 'run') 

I'll be using my pokertracker to record the grindage, and the Runtastic app to tot up the mileage. 

----

After posting here on Saturday morning I fired up a 25nl session and dropped 7 buyins within 90 minutes. 

Spent all day grinding it back, 7h and 30 mins later I finished + $0.14.

It felt good. 

As I said to a friend, if nothing else it was a useful exercise to build up my swings tolerance :)

Also the added bonus of unlocking £32 worth of rakeback. 

http://imgur.com/a/rUWLw

So +$51 = £39.54

+£32.22 Rakeback

- £14.51 from a mini sky 20nl session (ill win on here 1 day)

= + £57.25 for the weekend. 

Roll = £2498.25.

---

Unusual 'quirk' of the site I play on. 

When 2 people are all in pre flop in a cash game, the hole cards aren't revealed until after the community cards are dealt. 

I 3bet a very solid regular who opened the cutoff when I was on the button. 

I had pocket Aces, of course. Nobody ever 3bets without them right.

He came in with a 4bet. 

I put all the money in, hoping he had a hand to call, and that it wasn't the other 2 aces.

He took a while to decide, and then called. 

Yes. He doesnt have the other 2 aces. 

The board ran out KKQQJ. 

I didn't even look back at the table to see his hand revealed, just wrote off the 25 quid. 

fml. 

Wish he had the other 2 aces :(

Any excuse for a bad beat story. 

----

40/40, time to get productive. 

GL this week all. 

• Options
    edited July 2016

Day 1 of 40/40 challenge down. 

I decided the best strategy was to try and put a dent in the mileage. 

A 7 day challenge gives me room for 4 intense exercise days and 3 less demanding/rest days inbetween which will be used to chalk up the bulk of the 40 poker hours. 

So yesterday I walked 5 miles exacty and ran for 5.1 miles exactly. 

What is most pleasing was the 5.1 miles were ran continuously, which blitzes my previous best. It took me exactly 1 hour. 

I am so chuffed to have achieved that. Much of the route was through wet woods too, so I was constantly navigating puddles and mud which would've effected the time. 

I reckon if I'd pushed myself to the absolute limit, I could've eeked out another 2.5/3 miles of running.

That means I have 5/6 more miles to find to be able to run 13, by September 11. I'm starting to believe it's possible again, if this rate of improvement continues. 

---

Got in 2 x 1 hour poker sessions either side of the exercise. 

Had success on sky for once (although I've already lost all that back at the start of day 2 :( ), and down a little on bwin. 

+ £51.93 sky 

- £15.92 bwin 

= + £36.01 day

Roll = £2534.26.

----

Miles completed = 10.1 / 40

Hours completed 2/40

---

Day 2 = grind. 
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited July 2016
    Great progress on running and weight loss DOHHHHHHHH vwp
  • Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,058
    edited July 2016
    Nice work dohh pretty crazy the progress you've made. I'm based right next to roundhay park now so was thinking of getting involved in one of the park runs sounds like decent way to spend a saturday morning. As you said judging by rate of improvement since you started gotta be feeling optimistic,  surely it's less of a task than what you have managed between when you started and now.