You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,707
    edited September 2016
    Told Lambo I'd pledge DTD profits from tonight, will be shipping the zero. Close to the cash in DTD1 but someone who doesn't like charity busted my AQ with AT.

But we shouldn't be results orientated, and that goes for your run next week too, you've come a long long way with your dedication to training, and so for that reason I've rounded it up to a tenner.

GL man.

PS - I guess you've seen the Gervais film (at least once)? Did you like it? Comedy that makes you squirm ftw!
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Told Lambo I'd pledge DTD profits from tonight, will be shipping the zero. Close to the cash in DTD1 but someone who doesn't like charity busted my AQ with AT. But we shouldn't be results orientated, and that goes for your run next week too, you've come a long long way with your dedication to training, and so for that reason I've rounded it up to a tenner. GL man. PS - I guess you've seen the Gervais film (at least once)? Did you like it? Comedy that makes you squirm ftw!
    Posted by bbMike
    Thanks Mike, very kind of you mate.

Bricks in DTD for me too, 2 off the money in the £1 comp the best I could muster.

I did cash in 2 x £5.50 timed tournaments for £6.98 & £8.15, as well as squeezing into the money in the £5.50 turbo with 1xbb for a huge (relative to buyin) min cash of £18.55

Taking profit on the nightt to a massive 45pence, but total cashes and money to be added to the fundraising total in the morning to £33.68.

A fair effort! 

----

I'll give it another go maybe on Wednesday, and Friday, and possibly Saturday to see if I can do better.

----

re. the Gervais film, no I haven't seen it.

That's more a reflection on how his work has gone gradually downhill since the masterpeice that was The Office. 

I forgave him for the awful films, and for Derek, and for the cringeworthy lifes too short and the lacklustre stand up, but my faith has worn out.

I'll probably drag myself to see it at some point, but I'd rather sit and watch the office over again for the 1,438,234th time than the film tbh. 

---

Thanks for all the support from you folks today, particuarly to Paul Lambert, Dave Harvey and his hitsquad for trying to get drum up some support. 

Still a great community on here, well over £300 now and still the best part of a week to go. 

tytytyttyy xxxxxx :) 

• Options
    edited September 2016

Good Morning Guys n Girls. 

Well my famous run good has strook again and for the last 60 hours in the week leading up to one of the biggest days of my life I've been laid up in bed with a severe sickness and diarrhea bug.

It's not been fun. 

I've just turned the PC on for the first time in 2 days to post a little update as I feel a little better this morning but already the room is starting to spin :'(

I'm not sure where this leaves me in regards Sunday.

In over 2 days I've only eaten 2 banans and 2 slices of dry toast, I feel so weak and fragile. 

I'm going to try my absolute hardest to get to the start line and complete the race on Sunday.

If I can't run it all, I'll have to accept that and try to just complete it however I can.

And if I can't even do that well I'll just be devastated :'(

Using my 1 time for a speedy recovery :(

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/woofwoofx
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,562
    edited September 2016

Sorry to hear you are under the weather JJ. Make sure you are well enough (and fit enough) though to do this 'little jog' on Sunday. If you aren't, just defer it to another time. Like poker is a never ending game, you will have plenty of opportunities to fulfil your challenge in future events, if you don't make it this w/end. Don't get yourself stressed about it all. Chill and get better soonest.

....At least the diet is going well this week ;)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,288
    edited September 2016

That's pretty bad news JJ.

The experts will know better than me, but imo, you can't possibly attempt it if you are dehydrated, it would be positively dangerous & really not terribly bright.

There are plenty more marathons. It'd be awful to attempt this one whilst unwell & then fail for health reasons. Nobody will think any less of you for swerving this one. If you try it & fail, for health reasons, it'll be on that CV in your mind forever - I failed.

Fingers crossed you recover in time, but this week, next week, next month - it makes no difference. You WILL do one & you WILL succeed. It does not have to be this weekend.

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited September 2016
    Agree with the gents above. Don't stress, JJ, just make sure you're fit and well before attempting a run.
  • Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited September 2016
    I agree with the others who have replied. Don't run if you're not up to it. You need to be hydrated and eating again. None of your sponsors will mind if you have to defer to another race on a future date due to illness or injury.

However, the timing might not be as bad as you think. Keep your options open. I know somebody who was similarly ill until the Saturday lunchtime before this years London Marathon. She was all set to throw in the towel, but didn't feel too bad when she woke on the Sunday morning so made a last minute decision to run anyway, albeit with much reduced expectations. She beat her PB by 7 minutes. It's funny the effect an enforced rest can have on you sometimes.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,581
    edited September 2016
    I agree with the others who have replied. Don't run if you're not up to it. You need to be hydrated and eating again. None of your sponsors will mind if you have to defer to another race on a future date due to illness or injury. However, the timing might not be as bad as you think. Keep your options open. I know somebody who was similarly ill until the Saturday lunchtime before this years London Marathon. She was all set to throw in the towel, but didn't feel too bad when she woke on the Sunday morning so made a last minute decision to run anyway, albeit with much reduced expectations. She beat her PB by 7 minutes. It's funny the effect an enforced rest can have on you sometimes.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

If you're in ANY doubt I'd say postpone it. 
    Altho, a bit like Gary says I've had some of my best runs when I've felt terrible 12/24 hours before.  
    Whatever you decide, folks won't mind.  Unlike Gary & I,  you've got yuff on your side! ;-)

• Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited September 2016
    and even if you do postpone it I can guarantee that you have delivered way more than us doubting Thomases believed possible - so you are a winner in our eyes regardless. (PS please don't run if still unwell)
  • Options
    edited September 2016

We all seem to be of similar mind.

None of us give a hoot if you defer it to another time.

The pledges all remain valid.

Swerving it due to health is NOT a fail, it's a plus for common sense.

There is only one imperative here for me, & it's not even close. If you are dehydrated, DO NOT ATTEMPT THE RUN. It is dangerous, very dangerous, dehydration can be a very very serious matter in some circumstances, & that includes running extreme distances.

You can be very proud of all those battles you have won, with alcohol, weight, fitness, lifestyle, da de da. That won't be altered one iota, jot or tickle if the run is postponed for a week or two.

• Options
    edited September 2016

Thanks guys, I couldn;t get on to read/reply to the comments yesterday as I felt worse throughout the day again. Last evening was not fun at all, but I've had a solid 12 hour sleep and again feel abit more hopeful this morning.

Alan was right about the diet.

I know this is not good at all, but I've lost 6 lbs in the last 72 hours.

Weight now 14st 8lbs from 19st 8lbs on New yrs day, 5 stone/70lbs hype!

----

I'm pleased to hear the stories from Gary/Pad/Chilling about people recovering from illness and still being able to run. 

It gives me hope that the dream, is still, still alive <3

Hoping I can eat somewhere close to a normal amount and veriety of food today, and then absolutely stuff my face tomorrow and if i can get close to 85/90% by Sunday morning im going for it. 

I know the achievement wont be lessened if I postpone it a week but I had the goal date and id love to get there after 16 months of preparing.

But I wont be silly xxxx

-----

Thanks to Chris (?) for his generous donation yesterday, there was no clue in the message he left about his alias but he mentioned my sky poker blog. 

Very very kind my friend, and it gave me a big lift yesterday afternoon to see another one of those amazing emails saying someone had supported my page.

Thank you buddy. 

----

Above £400 now, not far to go <3

• Options
    edited September 2016
    We are On!

I think......

95% certain I'm going to make the start line tomorrow and give it ago.

Yestersday was a better day, I managed to pop out for half an hour and also eat a little more, had some eggs and abit of pasta. 

Last night was uncomfortable to say the least but I think my body flushed the last of the nastyness out of my system and now I have a day to refuel the best I can ready for tomorrow. 

So lets give this thing a go <3 

Starting to get excited again.

What's one more obsticle, just makes that feeling of crossing the finish line all the more sweeter. (if i get there)

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn xxxx

--------

I have about £20-25 of offline donations to add, so I think I'm within a hundred quid of hitting my goal.

It's an excellent result regardless, but I'd love to hit that magical number. 

Sickness stopped play on the card table so fiver on United 2-1 to win a fifty to go on the total. 

Have a great Saturday y'all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited September 2016
    Great news, good luck for tomorrow.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,039
    edited September 2016
    Great news. All the best for tomorrow
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited September 2016
    Good luck! I'm confident you'll be triamphant and win the race. If at any time you drop to 2nd just pop on the Captain Chaos outfit and then blow 'em away. "Dun dun duuuuunnn" :)

• Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,581
    edited September 2016
    We are On! I think...... 95% certain I'm going to make the start line tomorrow and give it ago. Yestersday was a better day, 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    GREAT NEWS & not totally unexpected.
    OH and by the way... ya won't sleep much tonite & will have about 3 x alarms set. ;-)

Bit of advice...IGNORE everyone else on start line & DON'T start too fast.  MOST, if not all runners start out too fast and DIE in the latter stages.  If you follow this advice you'll be amazed how many folk you'll pass in the last mile or two.

p.s. ENJOY the run. 

• Options
    mattprawnmattprawn Member Posts: 632
    edited September 2016
    Very best of luck for tomorrow.  Try your best to enjoy it!

Matt
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,077
    edited September 2016
    Gl mate
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Thanks all for the good wishes. 

Another excellent day of support has got me totally hyped for tomorrow now.

Was going to give an assessment of where I'm at preperation wise and how I'm feeling but as I started typing I realised it's probably not the best idea. 

Only positive thoughts, lfg !!! 

I cannot wait, that finishing line, WHEN I get there is going to be amazing  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are within 40 quid of the goal, with 12 hours left. 

Can 

We 

Get

Thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 

:) 

In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : GREAT NEWS & not totally unexpected. OH and by the way... ya won't sleep much tonite & will have about 3 x alarms set. ;-) Bit of advice...IGNORE everyone else on start line &  DON'T start too fast.  MOST, if not all runners start out too fast and DIE in the latter stages.  If you follow this advice you'll be amazed how many folk you'll pass in the last mile or two. p.s. ENJOY the run. 
    Posted by Glenelg

Great advice as always Pad, consistant till the end in that regard :)

The bolded bit is something I'd probably have glossed over had I not had the 10k experience but it's really good advice. 

It was an intimidating place going up from the parkrun (which was once intimidating in itself) to the 10k. And now stepping up again I expect the same sort of feeling.

Earphones/music are allowed at this event (banned @ the 10k) and will help me out with the nerves. 

Dido always sorts the mental game out ;)

• Options
    edited September 2016

The BIG DAY has arrived.

Good luck today fella.

To you, it matters that you finish. To me, & I suspect most of us, we don't really care a hoot, we are just so immensely pleased about how you have turned your life round in so many ways.

The real race is already run, & won, today is all bonus.

A really uplifting story, this. 

GL GL