You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    ^^^^ Have replied to your PM. I need a bit more info - like, your name......
    Posted by Tikay10
    It is dohh or as he is from Yorkshire Dohhlad
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : It is dohh or as he is from Yorkshire Dohhlad
    Posted by MattBates
    Finals Dayyyy la la la 
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,581
    edited August 2016
     Having said that, this running 'hobby' (?) isn't just a phase, I absolutely love it. I love working hard at something and seeing progress, it's a great feeling.  .xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Endorphins......don't ya just love em?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Endorphins......don't ya just love em?
    Posted by Glenelg
    Yessssssssssssssssss.

In from Park Run Saturday a while back. 

Taken another 55 seconds off my PB, completing the run in 27 minutes exactly!

Such a thrill :) 

6 consecuative PBs and 3 seconds shy of 6 minutes quicker than my first attempt.

Gary, any predictions as to when my PB streak might end? 

------

Thanks so much to the people who have donated to the Mayflower Animal Sanctury so far. 

I'm so chuffed to have gotten a hundred quid on the first day. 

It's already proved to be a good decision to flick the charity element in there. Even a hundred quid will go so far, and it's £ they wouldn't otherwise have received. If I don't get another penny it's been a success. 

So thank you all so much xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----

I came in from the run this morning absolutely shattered. 

Kicked my trainers off, grabbed a bottle of water and proceeded to start washing the pots straight away to get them done.

30 seconds into the job, I looked up and out of the window in the back garden and saw the 2 dogs chewing a trainer each. 

Unreal.

Dogs are the best xxxxx

If anyone missed my link, here it is https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/woofwoofx
    ----

Good luck to everyone playing cards and more funly (funly?) having a bet today.

FOOTBALLS BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK xxxx
  • Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"  Gary, any predictions as to when my PB streak might end? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yep. Next week.

I'm gonna come along and trip you up before you get to the point where you're running faster than me ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    [QUOTE any predictions as to when my PB streak might end?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH[/QUO

It usually ends in newbies due to..

Injury..too much too soon..shin splints etc.

TOO MUCH TOO SOON!!!

Running when you know you shouldn't .. e.g. I feel stihe this morning but I REALLY need to get my fix!

Not getting enough rest..... CRUCIAL  Rest days are more important than running days IMO

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,373
    edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : It is dohh or as he is from Yorkshire Dohhlad
    Posted by MattBates
    As he is from Yorkshire- Willy Eckerslike?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : [QUOTE  any predictions as to when my PB streak might end? Posted by DOHHHHHHH[/QUO It usually ends in newbies due to.. Injury..too much too soon..shin splints etc. TOO MUCH TOO SOON!!! Running when you know you shouldn't .. e.g. I feel stihe this morning but I REALLY need to get my fix! Not getting enough rest..... CRUCIAL  Rest days are more important than running days IMO
    Posted by Glenelg
    I would've laughed at this a year ago, the thought of wanting and maybe even needing to run. 

But I'm starting to get it. 

Why though? It's hard, and it hurts. haha. 
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : As he is from Yorkshire- Willy Eckerslike?
    Posted by Essexphil
    This reminded me of this <3

• Options
    edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : I would've laughed at this a year ago, the thought of wanting and maybe even needing to run.  But I'm starting to get it.  Why though? It's hard, and it hurts. haha. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Quite simply because it's VERY addictive.   
    You become a running junkie.  You NEED your fix. 
    One small example.....
    When you go on hols...
    The first thing you pack is your running gear.  
    You get up an hour before everyone else  (no probs for Gary!) so you can get your run in.
    You google to see if there are any races in the area when you are there.
    etc. 

I've got LOADS more btw. ;-)

p
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Gd morning Thread. 

I've just this moment entered my first 10k race online, as part of my training and preperation for the half marathon.

I thought it important to get some longer race experience to stand me in good stead for the big day, jumping from a 5k to a half marathon would probably have been naieve of me. 

So the day after 5k parkrun Saturday I'm going to be running the Owsten Ferry 10k, out Scunthorpe way. 

The website describes it as "Probably the flattest, fastest, 10k courses in the country. Run on scenic, rural roads around the historic Isle of Axholme."

But I've noticed alot of them make it sound dead easy!

Incredddddibly excited. 

I wonder what sort of time I should be aiming for?

Given my initial 5k PB was 33 mins and it's now 27 mins, would it be  overly ambitious to think I have a shot at cracking an hour?

----

Thanks ever so much to Hawk, Alan, TK, Phantz and long term thread supporter Bonk for the incredibly generous donations to the Mayflower Sanctuary. 

Heres a 2 minute clip if you're interested in learning abit more about the charity you are supporting. 

What's so impressive about the Mayflower imparticular for me is the passion of the staff, the kennell girls (and boy!) are all often in before hours and staying late after to make sure all the dogs get the best possible standard of care. 

They go home and continue to work on trying to find the dogs suitable homes, raise funds to continue to care for them and often treat the rescue dogs to nights and days out with them in their own time. 

It's a 24/7 'job' almost a way of life for them on very very little pay. 

The aftercare they offer new dog owners is awesome too, we've saved a fortune on vets consultations already as the staff are always willing to come out and do an assessment for you. 

The place is the Nuts ! <3

------

Poker isn't though.

Currently in the middle of my worst ever downswing, 20nl is hard.

Results to come September 1st.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    An hour is a reasonable target for a 27 minute 5K runner. However I'd recommend that you run your first race at any new distance well within your capabilities. It'll give you a feel for the distance and set a PB you should be able to lower quite easily second time out. Pretty much a repeat of how you've approached your park runs.

Some races use a bit of poetic licence in their course description to encourage more people to sign up, as I discovered in the Wrexham Half Marathon in March. The website describes it as 'a fast course' with 'PB potential'. The reality is very different :)

I'm not saying the same will apply to Owsten Ferry. But don't be surprised if you do come across a hill or two on your way around.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Good Morning y'all.

Firstly thanks to Benc, another long term thread contributor for his generous donation this week. 

And to to Mattprawn, a name I'm not too farmiliar with but I'm so glad you decided to support the cause mahh man, many thanks to you both. :)

We are inching up to the target! <3

-----

Another Saturday, another Park Run, and another PB <3

Can we have them every day of the week plz? :) I love themmmm.

I had an  app malfunction 5 minutes in today.

It meant I was 'running blind' is that a thing?

The only thing I had to guage my pace was trying to look at the regular runners around me. 

I definitely made the mistake of going too fast too soon but found the drive to dig in during the agonising final half mile and sprint finish as I really wanted to keep the PB streak going. 

Also weighed in @ 15 stone exactly this morning. Takes the total weightloss this year to 4stone and 8 lbs.

So agonisingly close to being in the 14s for the first time since I was like 7 or something. 

-----

Poker is cr ap isnt it.

Downswing keeps on keeping on.

My mouse was sticking on the mouse-pad/mat thing last night

I misclick limped a few times, then, when in the cutoff in an unopened pot I managed to misclick twice inside a millisecond which resulted in me going all in.

I had 99 though, that's not so bad when you put everyone on AK every hand. 

$25 in pre, to steal $0.35 in blinds.

That's unlucky enough.

Even more unlucky is I got called.

Even even more unlucky is he had Aces.

Even even even more unlucky, he held. 

COME ON. 

----

Have a great weekend, make sure you all cheer on YCCC @ finals day in their quest for a treble xxx

----

• Options
    mattprawnmattprawn Member Posts: 632
    edited August 2016
    Hi Dohh

Was happy to contribute to a tremendous effort.  I've been keeping an eye on this thread and really impressed with the running progress.  I have done a lot of running in the past, without really being built for it!  I tend to enter a marathon which in turn forces me to train, lose weight and generally live more healthily.  I'm due another one! Probably the Yorkshire Marathon next autumn, which is in and around the York area.  Maybe see you at the start line.

I'm also a big Parkrun fan, brilliant event as both manageable and challenging at the same time.  Some fella called Johnny Brownlee holds the course record in York.  Rumour has it he achieved it dressed as a Christmas pudding...

Best of luck

mattp
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    A phenomenal rate of improvement. If you carry on like this you'll turn into Yorkshire's answer to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Way.

A word of caution; be aware that the cardiovascular system improves faster than the musculoskeletal system. Don't get too carried away or you'll end up with an injury, obviously that's the last thing you want with your debut 10K and half marathon on the horizon and a charity involved.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Good evenining Thread. 

So my first ever 'official' 10k run was this morning in Owsten Ferry. 

My first impressions upon arrival were how much more 'seasoned' the competitors looked. 

I'd estimate at least 80% of the field were representing some sort of running team or club, and most of the rest had proper running kit/vests on too. 

And there was me rocking up in an over-sized t shirt and chill shorts. 

It did make me a little nervous, especially when the guy doing the briefing on the megaphone said (seriously) "it's only a 10k, it shouldn't take you more than an hour".

WHAT.

Thankfully his comment was greeted by a chorus of laughs, although I'm almost certain he wasn't joking!!!

Anyway we were soon off and the nerves disappeared as it become the all too familiar battle between me and the road ahead. 

I took the first 3 miles @ exactly 10m/mile pace and managed to quicken up during the 2nd half to clock a sub 1 hour time. 

I haven't had the official result sent to me yet but I believe it was around 59 minutes exactly. 

Here I am at the finish proudly repping my first race Tshirt :)

The course was indeed pretty flat, but the high winds made parts of it a real battle, especially for a big fat guy like me. 

That wasnt helped my be wearing a huge t shirt that caught the wind and acted like a sail holding me back.

Lesson learnt, that wont be happening on the big day!

---

Rest day tomorrow, swimming on Tuesday then back out on the training pitch on Wednesday.

Just 3 weeks to go now, exciteeeeeeeeeeeddddddd <3:)

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,486
    edited August 2016
    You do actually exist and you're a real person! You look nothing like I imagined you would.

Well done on the 59 minutes. Great achievement 
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    You do actually exist and you're a real person! You look nothing like I imagined you would. Well done on the 59 minutes. Great achievement 
    Posted by Jac35
    haha, yea when you're nudging 20 stone you don't tend to take many photos, nevermind put them online but now that I'm more in the normal sized fat guy bracket it's not so scary :)

Thanks Jac, appreciate it :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    A very impressive debut at the distance, congratulations.

Excellent pacing strategy. Not many 10K runners manage a coveted negative split, particularly first time out (for those reading this who don't know; negative split = running the second half faster than first half). It's the optimal way to run a race and requires great discipline.

However, the biggest surprise of all here is seeing you post a picture. As far as I know this is the first time we've seen the man behind the alias. Only 7 years and 17,842 posts after you joined. Bravo :)
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,564
    edited August 2016

Nice one JJ..well done! Is that water or gin and tonic in that bottle though? ;)