You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited February 2012
    you play 40th-50th games with your eyes closed? :-). 2nd to what last post but 1 said, nl30 must be better for you. ps now i see you on nl200 so you cant be doing too bad at these!!
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2012

Solid session yesterday, poor volume bit I was playing elsewhere for abit & watching football etc.

Not much to comment on, pleased with just a solid profit to keep the Febuary momentum going, & because Saturdays are normally bad days for me. 

Here's the stats . . . . . .

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    DOHHHHHHH  40$5  $22  14%$215  -N/ASkyPoker<1Day SNG Onlyx
    Graph

• Options
    edited February 2012
    early update today, tyvm binmen! 

Another winning 'session' yesterday, must've run pretty well to get that ROI, but the sample sizes are getting lower. 

Think mentally I'm setting goals in my head to try and make like $200 a day, and not really pushing myself.

Not gonna be too hard on myself coz the feeling of underachieving is alot easier to live with than how I felt this time last month when I was getting my ar se spanked.

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    DOHHHHHHH  35$6  $24  25%$226  Super HotN/ASkyPoker<1Day Heads Up SNG Onlyx
    Unusual thing about the graph is the way I ended. Theres normally always a few losses @ the end, it's rare that I finish on a high. Musta been sozzled & unable to continue. 

My head now suggests I was anyway. 

Graph

----------------------------------------------------------------

Halfway through the month & very pleased with how things are going.

Referring back to my goals @ the start of the month, I planned to start taking some shots round about now..........

I'm abit reluctant to do that though after Jan's fail.

Once bitten twice shy n all that. In my case its like 75 times bitten, 76th time very shy. So bad at shot taking :(

Maybe I'll leave it another week :P lol.

Anyway here's my stats for the month so far, firstly HU sngs only, then overall, including a few small speed/time mtts.

DOHHHHHHH  261$3  $19  8%$694  Super HotN/ASkyPoker2/1/2012 2/15/2012 Heads Up SNG Onlyx
    DOHHHHHHH  313$3  $17  11%$784  -N/ASkyPoker2/1/2012 2/15/2012x

Add in a couple of good cash sessions, around 15 buy ins up in old money (30nl) n It's a v good start to the month, around $1.6k to the good.

As always, stats in $$ when winning n ££ when losing :P

Hope everyones running ok, any1 got any questions or fancies a few HU sngs for fun, post up and we'll sort summat. 

Next session will be Friday, which is always fun :)))
  • Options
    rancidrancid Member Posts: 5,943
    edited February 2012
    nice

btw change from dollars to GBP - so annoying )

think it's in prefs
  • Options
    KKripplerKKrippler Member Posts: 321
    edited February 2012
    Few questions dohhhhhh if u dont mind?

Do u game select at all, if thats possible in SNG's on Sky?

Do u play exclusively hypers, or do u dabble in standards n turbos?

I have played a few hypers n turbos n feel ( from experience) that im better of playing standards as i have more success in them. Problem is that i want to b playing more heads up matches an hour n that is very hard playing standards.

How many tables do u advocate in heads up games? I play 2-3 but as soon as I play 4 i feel like im expliotable/losing player. 

• Options
    ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" *1/2 thru feb, review*:
    Few questions dohhhhhh if u dont mind? Do u game select at all, if thats possible in SNG's on Sky? Do u play exclusively hypers, or do u dabble in standards n turbos? I have played a few hypers n turbos n feel ( from experience) that im better of playing standards as i have more success in them. Problem is that i want to b playing more heads up matches an hour n that is very hard playing standards. How many tables do u advocate in heads up games? I play 2-3 but as soon as I play 4 i feel like im expliotable/losing player. 
    Posted by KKrippler
    Funnily enough I was talking to JJ/Dohhhh about this last night, we both agreed that 2 tabling hypers is manic and really hard work. 

As hypers are all about volume and pushing a small edge imo multitabling is a no no. In anycase you can get serious volume in just one tabling. Turbos are slightly different, I would say its easy to two table and still have an edge, as for 10 min blinds perhaps someone like gaza559 would be in a position to answer your question, I know he sucessfully plays several tables at the same time at higher stakes. 
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Few questions dohhhhhh if u dont mind? Do u game select at all, if thats possible in SNG's on Sky? Do u play exclusively hypers, or do u dabble in standards n turbos? I have played a few hypers n turbos n feel ( from experience) that im better of playing standards as i have more success in them. Problem is that i want to b playing more heads up matches an hour n that is very hard playing standards. How many tables do u advocate in heads up games? I play 2-3 but as soon as I play 4 i feel like im expliotable/losing player. 
    Posted by KKrippler
    Het krippler, i'll try & break down your post n give my views, will explain at the end why they probably aren't the best to listen to though.

Do I game select at all?

Assuming there's no strange circumstances, (ie I'm not shot taking or on tilt) then yeh, kinda....

The player base @ hypers is quite small, especially @ 10's & even more so @ 20's which is where I play the most. 

I kinda have "unwritten" rules, with 1 or 2 of the better regs that we don't play eachother. I can count on 1 hand the number of players I don't enjoy facing @ 20's, but think only 1 or 2 of those are as good as/better than me.....

But with the small edge @ hypers that gooner refers to in his post, even the players who are 'decent' or small winners I often try to avoid and there are a couple I have spoken to who agree & avoid me also, acegooner himself is 1. 

It's not often an issue though, coz normally I'm the first to reg and wait for a game anyway. 

But yea if I could chose 1 hyper reg to gtfo sky it would be riverman1, prob bawfizzle after that, then unless I'm forgetting anyone, I dont really worry about the rest. lol.

Do I play only hypers or dabble in other formats?

I would say 95% hypers.

I've kinda been backed into this because I'm very lazy, and struggle to concentrate for long periods of time. If I were to play reg speeds or even turbos, assuming the game lasted to maybe 50/100 for example, there would be times when I'd just switch off/play bad, probably get over aggressive & get picked off by good solid players.

I found this out to my cost last month when I took some shots at 50/100 pound turbos/reg speeds.

I feel my strength is playing <15xbb stacks. I'm good at getting a feel for my opponent, and my call/shoving ranges are unexploitable once I can catagorize my opponent. 

Also in hypers, no matter what the stacks are, you're never out of the game. I love this dynamic. Yesterday I won from 50/950 for example.

How many tables do I advocate playing?

I'm in the same boat as you really. My volume is pretty poor.

Multi tabling is something I wanna get better at. I said above that I rely alot on my feel for the opponent and game flow. I feel I can sense when he's getting frustrated, when he may be willing to adapt his own ranges in response to how I'm playing, etc....

I think if I were to 2 table hypers I would lose alot of the small edge I have, & probably turn into a small loser, or at best a break even player.

I don't think it's black & white though, I reckon it's something you get better at with practise....

Maybe once I learn to mutli, i'll stop trying to make hero calls with Q high etc & start playing more abc...

Will lead to a lower ROI, but more volume shud prob increase profit......

---------------------------------------------------------

As i said at the start, my views are probably flawed though due to my lazyness.....

I'm also a pretty aggressive player, I try to outplay my opponents & make some crazy moves/bluffs/calls etc...basically trying to push my edge as far as I can, which obv sumtimes backfires but long term it's proving profitable....

As with most types of sngs, theres an abc way to play which prob guarentees a +ve ROI over time. It will involve learning unexploitable ranges, often the book will say there's a right play & a wrong play in almost all situations, & if you learn the strategies, combine it with big volume, you make money simplez....

Not really for me, although 1 day I might have to try it :P

Thnx for your post, if I've missed anything, or you want me to elaborate on owt, get bak to me.

gl in your games.

• Options
    Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited February 2012
    1) Change fro $ to £

2) change form to WLLWLWLWL or whatever

you sharkscope noob :P

I'm gonna finally have a shot at Turbo HU games starting @&pound;3.15, only played 14 so far but will try and get a decent vollume in today

Want another HU match in a couple hours? If yes how will I get your attention then?
  • Options
    NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited February 2012
    played 20 (1 £10, rest £5) of these earlier, won 8 lost 12, feel like maybe I'm not stacking off light enough.

people were limp/calling hands J8/Q5 on the button and binking 2 pair vs me which was annoyinggggg.

any advice for basic stackoff range from level 4 onwards
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    played 20 (1 £10, rest £5) of these earlier, won 8 lost 12, feel like maybe I'm not stacking off light enough. people were limp/calling hands J8/Q5 on the button and binking 2 pair vs me which was annoyinggggg. any advice for basic stackoff range from level 4 onwards
    Posted by NColley
    really tough to answer, depends on so much.....

Some players you can jam any 2 suited pretty much, some you can limp a wide range, try & make top pair, some you can even min raise fold.

Spose default shoving range is suited kings, Q8s+ all aces, pairs......

Important to adapt your ranges to your opponent though. 

There are some players I play, I could have 400 chips v their 600 @ 25/50 & id consider myself a favourite as they're clueless when it comes to shove/fold.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    1) Change fro $ to £ 2) change form to WLLWLWLWL or whatever you sharkscope noob :P I'm gonna finally have a shot at Turbo HU games starting @&pound;3.15, only played 14 so far but will try and get a decent vollume in today Want another HU match in a couple hours? If yes how will I get your attention then?
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    Not today fail, I'm rather fragile, & the cricket is on. 

Maybe tomorrow, but deffo friday if you're around anytime between 2pm-8pm ish. 
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" *1/2 thru feb, review* : Not today fail, I'm rather fragile, & the cricket is on.  Maybe tomorrow, but deffo friday if you're around anytime between 2pm-8pm ish. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ok, I might be on then, if I am i'll just post up here again : )
  • Options
    KKripplerKKrippler Member Posts: 321
    edited February 2012
    Thnk you for the reply JJ/Dohhhhh. A very informative and detailed response. 

Sooo we can multitable cash games four to five tables easily enough but to do it in Heads up would be a mistake, as a lot of decisons are player based n having a feeling.

I think I will 3 table SNG's but leave 4 tabling alone. 

I read 'Heads Up No Limit Holde'em' by Collin Moshman after a poker pro said it was a very good read but found a lot of the advice/tips were common sense and that there was little insightful or useful information. Is there any books/blogs/forums u use for Heads up SNG's that u would advise?

Thx

KK 
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    If you can 3 table HU sngs thats very impressive imo, I think you should be happy with that and not look to push yourself much further......

With HU sngs you're gonna have diff oppo's in each game too, which wont help.

I've not read any books on HU play, most of my learning has been done via husng.com, there's some free videos there, although not much about hyper turbos.

Obviously theres 2+2 as well, they have a hu sng sub section on their forum (it's huge). Check the sticky threads theres tonnes of links to loads of literature & key threads & stuff.

I'm wanting to make some hu sng videos myself tomorrow, post them up & hopefully get some feedback. Todays job is to find a mic that'll let me do it ! ...........  :S 
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited February 2012
    If you can 3 table HU sngs thats very impressive imo, I think you should be happy with that and not look to push yourself much further...... With HU sngs you're gonna have diff oppo's in each game too, which wont help. I've not read any books on HU play, most of my learning has been done via husng.com, there's some free videos there, although not much about hyper turbos. Obviously theres 2+2 as well, they have a hu sng sub section on their forum (it's huge). Check the sticky threads theres tonnes of links to loads of literature & key threads & stuff. I'm wanting to make some hu sng videos myself tomorrow, post them up & hopefully get some feedback. Todays job is to find a mic that'll let me do it ! ...........  :S 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Great thread, JJ. I would be very interested to watch any videos you make, good luck with that.
  • Options
    samantha25samantha25 Member Posts: 1,445
    edited February 2012
    Don't avoid it DOHHHHHHH, its coming to you :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    :s ^^^^^^^^

Played Fri instead of Sat this week, it turned out to be a good decision despite **** 100 books when I had to employ the eye patch.

#rough.

Not much to say, think I'm playing really well atm, very confident of winning every hyper I play. It's a good feeling, & the complete opposite of how I felt half way through Jan.

DOHHHHHHH  43$4  $24  11%$178  -N/ASkyPoker<1Day Heads Up SNG Onlyx

Total for day inc. mtt's

DOHHHHHHH  51$4  $21  15%$217  TiltN/ASkyPoker<1Dayx
    Sigh @ tilt.

Weekend full of sport now, then back playing on Monday.

I got a mic & camtasia working yest so should make a vid on Mon. I coulda made 1 yest but just spent all day abusing hoggers with my voice, rather than with text. 

lard.
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited February 2012
    :s ^^^^^^^^ Played Fri instead of Sat this week, it turned out to be a good decision despite **** 100 books when I had to employ the eye patch. #rough. Not much to say, think I'm playing really well atm, very confident of winning every hyper I play. It's a good feeling, & the complete opposite of how I felt half way through Jan. Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Ability /100 Network Filter DOHHHHHHH    43 $4   $24   11% $178   - N/A SkyPoker <1Day Heads Up SNG Only x http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=11hxtlx&s=5 Total for day inc. mtt's Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Ability /100 Network Filter DOHHHHHHH    51 $4   $21   15% $217   Tilt N/A SkyPoker <1Day x Sigh @ tilt. Weekend full of sport now, then back playing on Monday. I got a mic & camtasia working yest so should make a vid on Mon. I coulda made 1 yest but just spent all day abusing hoggers with my voice, rather than with text.  lard.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    He aint joking either. He even sung to me at one point! I pressed play and then my laptop crashed! (honest truth)
  • Options
    ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" *1/2 thru feb, review* : He aint joking either. He even sung to me at one point! I pressed play and then my laptop crashed! (honest truth)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    This mic is bad news, he was saying things like "hose me down" and "poker is a never ending game" as well as "I only told you to blow the **** doors off!", name that film !
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    DoH with a mic does sound like **** LOL