You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Football Unspectacular stuff from Donny. No signings on/around deadline day, but at least we extended loans and extended a couple of short term contracts. Decent point away @ Uddersfield yesterday after a terrible home defeat to Bournmouth. The fixture list does seem to have been kind to us early. We'll have some v tough fixtures in quick succession soon. At least we'll have 2 games against both Derby & the hopeless Millwall to break up the run of thrashings! ;) Seriously impressed with your rivals Forest when I saw them the other week @ Watford. They've got 1,248 strikers on the bench that'd walk into most Championship teams. They'll go up with QPR, for the 3rd promotion spot get a pin out and stick it in the table anywhere between 3rd & 16th! Who knows! Cash guide No, I definitely wouldn't do anything like that again. I didn't even mean to make that 1 really. I started talking to Don off forum, at the time he was having difficulties just breaking even @ nl4, and I was playing a lot of cash and doing very well @ 30nl so I felt I'd be able to help him out. I played an hour or so on 4nl just to re-familiarise myself with the level to be in a better position to help him out. Started jotting some down some notes to send over to him and it kind of turned into the guide. Had to modify it abit and I posted it in the clinic for other people struggling @ nl4. Then got a PM off skydave asking if he could turn it into a blog for the site, and that's how it ended up on there. I cringe when I read it back now, if I were to update it I'd just edit that one as I think the basics at that level are still the same, and always will be. It's just enough to turn a losing player into a break even or small winning player. Nothing more than that. A lot of the game at that level is mental, even more so than higher up imo. Loads of the players there have the wrong idea and don't understand that bad players making bad calls is a good thing, not a bad thing! I definitely think these kind of guides offering very basic advice is good for the site/game. I'm sure Tintin & co wont agree so much :P But it's no good players pumping deposit after deposit into the site before getting fed up and calling it a day altogether. The guides wont make anyone World beaters, but hopefully make their money go further and therefore increase their enjoyment of the game. fwiw, Donald was still struggling at nl4 long after the 'guide' was published! Hopefully it's helped 1 or 2 though. Changes Yes, things have changed a lot during my time on sky in the cash games. The standard still isn't great overall, but players are a lot lot lot lot tighter than they used to be. The regs are a lot better. I can name 4/5 players that I would sit next to on 30nl now that I feel are better players than me.  2 years ago, there was probably only 1. He's now a TV analyst & touring the World crushing epts/wsop etc! Put me on a table with f ivanovic, ajrockets, kkrippler, stacker & acegooner & I'd be the fish in the game. Ok maybe I was struggling to find a 5th, memory isn't gr8 & I aint played for ages! ;) There are lots of bad tight regs, but there used to be lots of bad aggressive ones. I know which one I'd prefer! I've had to look for value elsewhere, I don't play anywhere near enough volume to sit grinding it out with those guys for hours for a small winrate. In the past I could sit and crush almost at will. I didn't need to put the time in to grind down these tight regs. Certainly not the case anymore. People would suggest trying to improve my game. I have tried, I just can't seem to get to the next level where I can have a significant edge on these people. I've put hours and hours in on forums & Skype discussing hands, making videos, contributing to live session discussions etc etc. Just can't take it on again! yet! Will keep trying! Maybe someone can write me a guide ;) SPT pfffft! :P Poker Update While I'm here it'd be rude/impossible not to put a brag in! My last session was on Friday where I had my most profitable day of the year so far :) I won a tournament on pokerstars.fr. If anyone has seen the video we made on Dons diary, it's that exact tournament, Came first out of 650 runners over 7 hours for just under €800! Was a lot of money on the heads and I only took 3 throughout the whole tournament! I'd guess the average prize for first place in that including heads is well over 1k! Backed that up with a good result in skys timed cash game, 2nd in a sky BH and some small binkage on the HU sngs for a £1k+ profit on the day! Was well chuffed with it. Nothing like a Sunday grind to bring me back down to Earth today though :) Again, all good fun :D Hope everyone is running well, gl all playing today!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Don't imagine Tintin or any "regular" at the lower stakes would mind the blog! Most players at the lower levels play that style of play anyway. Was a good read the time i discovered it, and is ashame Sky Poker, as a site, doesn't have more stuff like this to help players.

Out of interest, if you are playing cash at 30nl are most tables filled by regulars? Is there never tables with a good amount of randoms?

I was looking at playing 20nl 1 night, and most tables i looked at had atleast 4 regular players on them. I don't see how that can ever be profitable, as there is no edge when you are playing a table where people just play ABC poker. Well you can make money, but probably a small amount, but it would just be boring.

If i'm playing, my ideal is 1 regular ABC player, and the rest randoms, or 1 regular ABC player and 1 regular passive player. But anymore than that, and it'spretty pointless sitting down at the table.

Well done on your wins the other day, very nice results indeed, some more today please! 
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited September 2013
    Yeah nothing beats winning an MTT. I think winning an SPT has to be higher up than winning one for £88 though Jac :)

The standard has definitely changed even in the short time I've been playing slightly higher games than I used to, not even necessarily that loads of people have got better but as JJ said, loads have got a **** of a lot tighter, cos it's a safe, low variance route where you won't lose much very often and if you can just cooler a few people or stumble across a few 'less experienced' players then you can win a few stacks. The games are more tedious now which is why I don't think JJ wants to grind it out there anymore.

edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Don't imagine Tintin or any "regular" at the lower stakes would mind the blog! Most players at the lower levels play that style of play anyway. Was a good read the time i discovered it, and is ashame Sky Poker, as a site, doesn't have more stuff like this to help players. Out of interest, if you are playing cash at 30nl are most tables filled by regulars? Is there never tables with a good amount of randoms? I was looking at playing 20nl 1 night, and most tables i looked at had atleast 4 regular players on them. I don't see how that can ever be profitable, as there is no edge when you are playing a table where people just play ABC poker. Well you can make money, but probably a small amount, but it would just be boring. If i'm playing, my ideal is 1 regular ABC player, and the rest randoms, or 1 regular ABC player and 1 regular passive player. But anymore than that, and it'spretty pointless sitting down at the table. Well done on your wins the other day, very nice results indeed, some more today please! 
    Posted by LARSON7

That's the thing though Larson, people never used to play like that at 4NL. I remember the days when you'd sit down and it was pretty unlikely you'd even have 1 person on the table playing like a nit, table selection was just unnecessary cos you could just sit at any table and it would be a good table. I haven't played 4NL for yonks tho, it probably is still a lot like that, it's probably the level with the most traffic on the site so can't imagine there aren't still a ton of good tables.

There are deffo better tables than others at 20NL, depends what you want. Cos I play alot of tables I'm usually forced to play on tables with a few regs but it's not hard to find tables with 2-3 'non-regs' and remember, in cash, just the same as an MTT, you should be finding your 'spots' and pounding away at them... you don't HAVE to be playing pots with every single player at the table, you can just pick out the people you think you have the biggest edge against and constantly try to get into pots with them.

There is an edge, just not as big as against some loose maniacs, and it's just about learning how to find it, like if Phil Galfond sat down at any 20NL table, I'm sure he'd be able to destroy it once he figured out everyone's game. I think the problem is people sit down and think 'this is how I play, so that's how I'm gonna play 100% of the time'. Some tables you need to tighten up a bit and just value town people, some tables you will need to be 3betting and 4betting people light alot. Generally though, it's gonna be higher variance trying to beat this sort when you're 3/4betting light alot, cos you'll also be doing stuff like check/raising flops with air knowing they need a super strong hand to continue, or shoving rivers as bluffs... so can be swingy.

Some people 3bet a decent amount of the time but when facing a 4bet will continue with like KK/AA and that's about it, so these people you can just make 3bet/fold an absolute ton, and if you take down a pot pre where someone has 3bet you're probably winning 15xBB ish... do that a few times and you won a BI. 15xBB doesn't sound alot but when a good winrate is like 10xBB PER HOUR... it's not to be sniffed at.

FWIW, Reg doesn't mean they're a great player. As Bean often says, if they were amazing players they wouldn't be playing 20NL, they're just good for the level or good enough.
  • shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited September 2013
    England best priced 11/10 Australia 7/4 Draw 5/1
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited September 2013

Bit of art work to sum up sundays poker! :)

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9336/hg4u.jpg

How do you lose 8 HU sngs in a row ffs.

Could have been another big day, but had to settle for a small win here & in Francais!

Loving the 7.30 timed tournament, I stationed off w/ 66 on 442J9 to a bet/check/bet line to see a rivered set with 99. Was behind every street. 99 makes sense! Not a lot else did.

recovered from 500 chips after hand 1 to cash out 14k! 3 figure payouts the last 2 times I've played that. Hope it continues to run!

-------------

Important link for today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637487

ODI cricket doesn't seem the same as it used to be to me. It's like an England a team.

But today feels like a big game.

Bits of rain around towards the end of the first innings and start of the 2nd means the dreaded Duckworth Lewis will come in to play.

Win the toss and bowl then I guess!

Have a good feeling about Ben Stokes today for some reason.

Hope every1 had a profitable Sunday, gl all grinding today!

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited September 2013

Stephen Lee??

Discuss.
    edited September 2013
    Stephen Lee?? Discuss.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Had to do some research before responding.

http://www1.skysports.com/snooker/news/20876/8925588/snooker-player-stephen-lee-found-guilty-of-match-fixing-charges

hahahahahhahaha.

Unfinreal.

I've been backing a guy for years whos been trying to lose on purpose. Couldn't make it up.

Does make all those duff tips void though imo, if he was trying he'd definitely have won every year!!!!!

Need to find a new fat guy to back next summer........
    edited September 2013
    Bit of art work to sum up sundays poker! :)http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9336/hg4u.jpg How do you lose 8 HU sngs in a row ffs. Could have been another big day, but had to settle for a small win here & in Francais! Loving the 7.30 timed tournament, I stationed off w/ 66 on 442J9 to a bet/check/bet line to see a rivered set with 99. Was behind every street. 99 makes sense! Not a lot else did. recovered from 500 chips after hand 1 to cash out 14k! 3 figure payouts the last 2 times I've played that. Hope it continues to run! ------------- Important link for today. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637487 ODI cricket doesn't seem the same as it used to be to me. It's like an England a team. But today feels like a big game. Bits of rain around towards the end of the first innings and start of the 2nd means the dreaded Duckworth Lewis will come in to play. Win the toss and bowl then I guess! Have a good feeling about Ben Stokes today for some reason. Hope every1 had a profitable Sunday, gl all grinding today!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well he's got 5 fer already.

If he can score 100 off 75 balls as well we might win!

:(
    edited September 2013

Was going to start the post by saying I'm getting good at using paint!

But it's tiny, so I'm not. hmmmmm

Anyway, Tuesday in pictures!

Get yer magnifying glass out.......

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9979/wn9j.jpg

The 2nd place finish is the same MTT I came runner up in last time I played, and 5th in it the time before that.

3 consecutive final tables in a 150+ runner turbo! :)

Can't close it out though, abit like Donny at the moment! :(

GL all playing today.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    edited September 2013
    Other than Doncasters result it seems like you had a decent day.
    Enjoyed the sat, good banter. Thought you did really well to get through it. You were in a tough spot with the guy folding every sb and then shoving every button into your bb.

edited September 2013

It was one of the strangest sats I've played!

With 2 seats and 3 people left, I'm not sure how I went from this position......
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Jac35 Small blind  1000.00 1000.00 29134.11
    hecko259 Big blind  2000.00 3000.00 553.50
      Your hole cards

DOHHHHHHH Call  2000.00 5000.00 31312.39
    Jac35 Call  1000.00 6000.00 28134.11
    hecko259 All-in  553.50 6553.50 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  553.50 7107.00 30758.89
    Jac35 Call  553.50 7660.50 27580.61
    Flop

• J

Jac35 Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Check     
    Turn

• Q

Jac35 Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Check     
    River

Jac35 Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Check     
    Jac35
    To this position.........
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    hecko259 Small blind  2000.00 2000.00 12463.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  4000.00 6000.00 3937.89
      Your hole cards

Jac35 Fold     
    hecko259 All-in  12463.00 18463.00 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  3937.89 22400.89 0.00
    Luckily ended in this position :D
    Jac35   50124.221£4,000 B/Hunter
    DOHHHHHHH   15875.782£4,000 B/Hunter
    hecko259   03£11
    It would probably have been my most painful bubble ever! Not financially, but the way things happened.

Agree I could have done with being the other side of you though!!! Was a nightmare.

Congrats on your double cash! The AA v KK v QQ pre flop set up was bad enough, but the run out was incredible !

1 for the rigged4actioners! ;)

edited September 2013
    Just seen this report on cricinfo.

"The number of reviews available for a team in a Test innings will be topped-up to two after 80 overs in an innings. The system will be trialed from October 1, 2013 in all Tests where the Decision Review System (DRS) is available, the ICC announced on Wednesday in Dubai after its chief executives' meeting."

Really bad move imo, teams are going to be reviewing everything.

If anything I'd like to see the number of reviews per team per innings reduced to 1!

That way teams would have to be certain before reviewing a decision.

Going to get farcical..........

At least Micheal Clarke will be pleased! Although it's not often his team bat past 80 overs anyway.
    edited September 2013

September

September is almost over, it's been my best month for poker so far this year.

The sit n gos are still being cruel, so much so I've decided to stop playing them over in France for a while.

I'm not admitting defeat, I just feel I need a break from them to maybe work on a few things and then go back in and put things right.

Just to show how my fortunes have differed in different formats over in Francais, I've linked both my MTT & SNG graphs below from 1 of the sites I use over there.

MTT

http://imageshack.us/f/30/j99y.jpg/

SNG

http://imageshack.us/f/20/ql3s.jpg/

It makes for pretty grim reading right, and the sample size is now over 700, which is still very small when trying to draw conclusions but there doesn't seem to be any sort of consistency or signs in my results that things are likely to change anytime soon.

October challenge!!!

October for me in poker terms begins tomorrow.

I don't ever pay any attention to rakeback or points or anything like that, so I'm allowed to bend the rules abit (and change the calendar) to attempt a mini challenge I've set myself.

Although 90% of my volume recently has been away from sky, I've still been playing bits n bobs on here, selecting the few mtts that I enjoy the most, mainly 3 max, top heavy sats, turbos and timed tournaments. 

After a good month here, I skoped myself and have realised that I'm within $1,000 of breaking the $20k profit barrier on sky.

Sky all time.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8587/nxn2.jpg

So I've set myself a target of trying to win $1k on sky throughout October playing only sngs and mtts.

There are a few reasons for this, firstly I'm 100% confident in my ability to beat HU sngs on sky. My sample here is well above 5k and the roi is a rock solid 4.6% at a combination of turbo and hyper turbo games.

I think coming back here to play HU will help me confidence wise, and maybe identify some leaks so that I can go back abroad in the future and crush :)

Secondly, the hours I'm playing recently have changed.

I'm now starting around 2 or 3pm, which means I can play later, until around 11 or even midnight.

This allows me to play some mtts here that I wouldn't have been able to in the past (the new turbo rebuy @ 10pm for example).

Thirdly, there's the promotion on in October rewarding sit n go players double points for a week.

The points themselves don't interest me, but hopefully it will increase the amount of action in the HU sng lobby.
    The promo week will have to go well if I'm to hit my target as it will be very high volume (for me) and a downswing that week will leave me little to no chance of getting there.

Action permitting, I'll remove almost all games from other sites for this week and give the HU sngs 100%.

The main reason for starting this promo tomorrow and not waiting for October the first is that there's likely to be a lot of 1 in 10 super roller sats, a format which I really enjoy due to the speed of the blinds and it being over relatively quickly compared to other mtts.

Am hoping to get off to a good start by binking a few of these. Again, gets expensive if I don't! :(

So I'll be updating here a lot more during October, posting graphs and stuff until (hopefully) I hit my target.

------------------

In other news, I'm hoping to invest quite a chunk of dosh in sky players for the double gntee week. Think this is going to be excellent value and as I can't play myself it makes sense to invest the money I would have bought in with, in players to play for me. I'm very happy with the players I've provisionally agreed with, and confident that it'll be a profitable week for us all!

Wont name names, but will give updates on how they're doing at the time!

Other, other news, Donny won in Sheffield today for the first time in like 10,374 years :)

thnx for reading, hope you all had a profitable September, and vbol in October! :)

• KKripplerKKrippler Member Posts: 321
    edited September 2013
    . ------------------   In other news, I'm hoping to invest quite a chunk of dosh in sky players for the double gntee week. Think this is going to be excellent value and as I can't play myself it makes sense to invest the money I would have bought in with, in players to play for me. I'm very happy with the players I've provisionally agreed with, and confident that it'll be a profitable week for us all! Wont name names, but will give updates on how they're doing at the time! Other, other news, Donny won in Sheffield today for the first time in like 10,374 years :) thnx for reading, hope you all had a profitable September, and vbol in October! :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    What is this, can ppl explain whats happening, this is the first iv heard of anything
    edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : What is this, can ppl explain whats happening, this is the first iv heard of anything
    Posted by KKrippler
    https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/double-rewards?dcmp=p_pr_dr

Just all the 8pm gntees being doubled for a week.
  • TeddyBloatTeddyBloat Member Posts: 1,419
    edited September 2013
    you're heads up stats are pretty sick, doh.

good luck, is there enough traffic here for you, the high stakes HU lobbies never seem to run. 

hope you get some action, be nice to be able to rail some big stakes action, like to see how it's done!

cheers,
    TEDDY
    edited September 2013
    you're heads up stats are pretty sick, doh. good luck, is there enough traffic here for you, the high stakes HU lobbies never seem to run.  hope you get some action, be nice to be able to rail some big stakes action, like to see how it's done! cheers, TEDDY
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Thanx Teddy, & welcome to the thread :)

Getting action on sky is a problem sometimes, even at the £10 & £20 buyin levels which are as high as I normally go.

Often sat waiting for an opponent for up to 10/15 minutes even during peak times.

This can work in my favour sometimes, heads up is a lot about momentum so being forced to have 5/10 mins out can be helpful when losing or playing bad, but when things are going well I just want to keep going & it can get very frustrating.

I'd rather be sat staring at a blank lobby waiting for an opponent than be flicking in €20 every 2 mins & getting spanked, a familiar story this month unfortunately.

At least on sky it'll take me longer to lose my money! :)

Another problem I have is I'm really uncomfortable multi tabling.

If I could register in a game at multiple stakes I would probably get more games, but then might end up playing 2 or 3 games at once, which always ends in tears.

Hopefully the promo week will boost the traffic!
    edited September 2013
    you're heads up stats are pretty sick, doh. good luck, is there enough traffic here for you, the high stakes HU lobbies never seem to run.  hope you get some action, be nice to be able to rail some big stakes action, like to see how it's done! cheers, TEDDY
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    FYP ;)
  • ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
    edited September 2013
    September September is almost over, it's been my best month for poker so far this year. The sit n gos are still being cruel, so much so I've decided to stop playing them over in France for a while. I'm not admitting defeat, I just feel I need a break from them to maybe work on a few things and then go back in and put things right. Just to show how my fortunes have differed in different formats over in Francais, I've linked both my MTT & SNG graphs below from 1 of the sites I use over there. MTT http://imageshack.us/f/30/j99y.jpg/ SNG http://imageshack.us/f/20/ql3s.jpg/ It makes for pretty grim reading right, and the sample size is now over 700, which is still very small when trying to draw conclusions but there doesn't seem to be any sort of consistency or signs in my results that things are likely to change anytime soon. October challenge!!! October for me in poker terms begins tomorrow. I don't ever pay any attention to rakeback or points or anything like that, so I'm allowed to bend the rules abit (and change the calendar) to attempt a mini challenge I've set myself. Although 90% of my volume recently has been away from sky, I've still been playing bits n bobs on here, selecting the few mtts that I enjoy the most, mainly 3 max, top heavy sats, turbos and timed tournaments.  After a good month here, I skoped myself and have realised that I'm within $1,000 of breaking the $20k profit barrier on sky. Sky all time . http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8587/nxn2.jpg So I've set myself a target of trying to win $1k on sky throughout October playing only sngs and mtts. There are a few reasons for this, firstly I'm 100% confident in my ability to beat HU sngs on sky. My sample here is well above 5k and the roi is a rock solid 4.6% at a combination of turbo and hyper turbo games. I think coming back here to play HU will help me confidence wise, and maybe identify some leaks so that I can go back abroad in the future and crush :) Secondly, the hours I'm playing recently have changed. I'm now starting around 2 or 3pm, which means I can play later, until around 11 or even midnight. This allows me to play some mtts here that I wouldn't have been able to in the past (the new turbo rebuy @ 10pm for example). Thirdly, there's the promotion on in October rewarding sit n go players double points for a week. The points themselves don't interest me, but hopefully it will increase the amount of action in the HU sng lobby. The promo week will have to go well if I'm to hit my target as it will be very high volume (for me) and a downswing that week will leave me little to no chance of getting there. Action permitting, I'll remove almost all games from other sites for this week and give the HU sngs 100%. The main reason for starting this promo tomorrow and not waiting for October the first is that there's likely to be a lot of 1 in 10 super roller sats, a format which I really enjoy due to the speed of the blinds and it being over relatively quickly compared to other mtts. Am hoping to get off to a good start by binking a few of these. Again, gets expensive if I don't! :( So I'll be updating here a lot more during October, posting graphs and stuff until (hopefully) I hit my target. ------------------   In other news, I'm hoping to invest quite a chunk of dosh in sky players for the double gntee week. Think this is going to be excellent value and as I can't play myself it makes sense to invest the money I would have bought in with, in players to play for me. I'm very happy with the players I've provisionally agreed with, and confident that it'll be a profitable week for us all! Wont name names, but will give updates on how they're doing at the time! Other, other news, Donny won in Sheffield today for the first time in like 10,374 years :) thnx for reading, hope you all had a profitable September, and vbol in October! :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

If your long term roi is 4.6%, I worked out through a highly complex spreadsheet that $1000 is £617 great british pounds. In order that you achieve this goal, you will need to play £13,419 worth of hu games or in simpleton terms 1278@£10.50. 

Play them in double points week, and make prio. Ignore points at your peril, that is after all the reason you came back ........ ;).

edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : If your long term roi is 4.6%, I worked out through a highly complex spreadsheet that $1000 is £617 great british pounds. In order that you achieve this goal, you will need to play £13,419 worth of hu games or in simpleton terms 1278@£10.50.  Play them in double points week, and make prio. Ignore points at your peril, that is after all the reason you came back ........ ;).
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Plenty of mtts also goooooonmeister.

Slow start yesterday, in more ways than 1.

Update to follow shortly.