You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• gazza127gazza127 Member Posts: 2,156
    edited September 2013
    I've got to know... cause alias' intrigue me somewhat.

How did you pick the name DOHHHHHHH?

You just a massive simpsons fan?  Is your name Homer?  You just making a slight variation on Tom Dwan's alias Durrr?

I've got to know!

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    I've got to know... cause alias' intrigue me somewhat. How did you pick the name DOHHHHHHH? You just a massive simpsons fan?  Is your name Homer?  You just making a slight variation on Tom Dwan's alias Durrr? I've got to know!  
    Posted by gazza127

You got it!

Seems to have disappeared though, haven't seen him on TV for ages.

We need the huge buyin cash games back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifKrTaTn3As
    edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : You got it! Seems to have disappeared though, haven't seen him on TV for ages. We need the huge buyin cash games back! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifKrTaTn3As
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Seen this a couple of times.  Dwan is definitely one of the more interesting players to watch live poker.

Although his game is very swingy cause he is so aggro... so who knows?  Maybe we haven't heard of him recently cause he's gone broke?

edited September 2013
    Ok, first update for the October challenge, that started in September!

Difficult day, think it's going to be much harder to make this $1k than I thought, due to lack of action.

Really struggled to get games going, and this was a Sunday night, so lots of people online.

Also the structures of the turbo HU sngs are terrible, they must've changed since I last played them.

We have Hyper turbos, turbos, speeds, and reg speeds.

The hyper turbos and turbos are almost identical.

They give more chips but cut out levels, so they're pretty much the same tournament under 2 different names.

I'm going to struggle to nail this format even if I can find action.

Concerned!

Anyway....

I played 35 games on sky yesterday, combo of HU sngs and mtts (sats)

Profit peaked at + $52 after game 27.

Lost 6 of the last 8 HU sngs @ £10.50 though, including the last 4 in a row to finish -$34 on the day.

Target at start of challenge = Make $913

Results so far = Minus $34

New target required = $947

Looking forward to the game tonight.

Tipped the Geordies to finish 7th in the league this year at the start of the season when everyone was saying they are relegation candidates.

They didn't buy in the xfer window, but they did make a lot of signings last January, and Remy should provide the goals.
    Big test for them tonight v a strong Everton side.

Should be a good game!

gl all playing today.

edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Seen this a couple of times.  Dwan is definitely one of the more interesting players to watch live poker. Although his game is very swingy cause he is so aggro... so who knows?  Maybe we haven't heard of him recently cause he's gone broke?
    Posted by gazza127
    It's impossible to go on youtube and only watch 1 video.

Have to post this 1 too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0kiEgII7tM

So sick even though he's so wrong.

Searched google for a Durrrrr update.

Not much, but I did find this report from a while back.

"Ivey has been known to make bets of this nature in the past, when another poker professional Tom Dwan bet $1 million (£642,797) that he could not go without meat for an entire year.

However, Dwan allowed Ivey to buy out of the bet for $150,000 when he was tempted by a piece of chicken."

Standard.

• Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited September 2013
    So true about Youtube... I go on to watch 1 vid and realise the entire day is gone.

Yeah who wouldn't pay 150k to eat a piece of chicken.

Ivey obv doesn't know what discipline is lol, gimme a mil and I'll not eat meat for 2 years :)
    edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : It's impossible to go on youtube and only watch 1 video. Have to post this 1 too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0kiEgII7tM So sick even though he's so wrong. Searched google for a Durrrrr update. Not much, but I did find this report from a while back. "Ivey has been known to make bets of this nature in the past, when another poker professional Tom Dwan bet $1 million (£642,797) that he could not go without meat for an entire year. However, Dwan allowed Ivey to buy out of the bet for $150,000 when he was tempted by a piece of chicken." Standard.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Incredible.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited September 2013
    Well it certainly wasn't free range.

Quite fancy a Zinger and Strips now. Thanks DOH, today you've made a difference. You're making people fatter.
    edited October 2013

Neigh luck on here yesterday.

Played the main, mini, a £200 gtd, a few timed games and 5/6 £6 in to £55 sats, and bricked them all.

Close to the cash in the mini, was playing around 20,000 at 400/800 and had a really good table.

Then the ridonkulous jump in blinds to 600/1.2k took a lot of the edge away, I lost a flip, and that was that.

Only played 3 HU sngs, waiting for the structures to be changed before I start playing them properly. Won 2, lost 1.

Quite a severe loss on the day of -$73. Looks a lot worse when it's in dollars :(

Target at start of challenge = Make $913

Results so far = Minus $107

New target required = $1020.

I now need to make a grand! gulp.

------------------------

Had some success in France.

I played my usual afternoon scheduled, buyins ranging from €2 rebuys to €20.

Made the semi finals of the €20 HU sng mtt again for €100+, a cruel river card cost me the win and a chance to play the final for the 2nd time in 3 days.

Had really deep runs in 2 of the smaller buyins (bigger fields) which was quite satisfying.

Came 8th/500 in the 2r, and 7th/1,100 in the hot 3 (turbo).

Frustrating not to convert 1 or both of those chances into a big top 3 score, but still pleasing to play well & bank a decent winning day.

---------------------------

Mini rant time.

Decided I'm going to stop posting stuff in general poker chat. (outside of this thread)

I stopped posting almost altogether when I started playing in France, but recently have started again.

Some of the recent changes on this site have totally baffled me. Everyone knows sky are a relatively new site, and even the people who run it will agree much needs to be done to get it where they want it to be.

But I don't understand their priorities.

Stuff like the hyper turbo and turbo HU sngs being the same, the lack of 500/1k in major mtts (wasn't even in the roller last time until it was pointed out on the forum), there's 7 different classification of turbo mtt on a Wednesday as part of the farcical 'community night', numerous sat cockups, mtt lobby flooded with glorified sngs etc etc etc.

They remove popular (?) games like sng BH's, 30p dyms, the 10pm velocity etc, and then introduce stuff like plo8 cash games. If a presenter isn't playing plo8 cash, no1 is. ever.

I don't get it.

Would take 1 person half an hour tops to go through the site and check all this stuff to make it right, some of this stuff has been mentioned repeatedly on the forum for years.

It just seems totally pointless posting stuff trying to help them improve the games for everyone & coming across as moany & repetitive when nobody seems bothered.

I'm sure they'll figure stuff out for themselves. eventually.

Moans & rants will be exclusively on here in the future :D

-----------------------------

Another home defeat for Donny last night. Home form really is poor, even last year when we won the league we won less than 50% of home games.

Ironic that the 1 home game we won this year I heavily tipped up the away team!

Have a sweat going in to tonights CL games, followed 'shuv' from skys punters corner & backed 4 wins for English clubs and we're half way there.

Big test for City tonight, looking forward to seeing how they get on against the best in Europe!

GL all playing today!

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited October 2013
    Mini rant time.

Decided I'm going to stop posting stuff in general poker chat. (outside of this thread)

I stopped posting almost altogether when I started playing in France, but recently have started again. 

Some of the recent changes on this site have totally baffled me. Everyone knows sky are a relatively new site, and even the people who run it will agree much needs to be done to get it where they want it to be. 

But I don't understand their priorities. 

Stuff like the hyper turbo and turbo HU sngs being the same, the lack of 500/1k in major mtts (wasn't even in the roller last time until it was pointed out on the forum), there's 7 different classification of turbo mtt on a Wednesday as part of the farcical 'community night', numerous sat cockups, mtt lobby flooded with glorified sngs etc etc etc. 

They remove popular (?) games like sng BH's, 30p dyms, the 10pm velocity etc, and then introduce stuff like plo8 cash games. If a presenter isn't playing plo8 cash, no1 is. ever. 

I don't get it. 

Would take 1 person half an hour tops to go through the site and check all this stuff to make it right, some of this stuff has been mentioned repeatedly on the forum for years. 

It just seems totally pointless posting stuff trying to help them improve the games for everyone & coming across as moany & repetitive when nobody seems bothered. 

I'm sure they'll figure stuff out for themselves. eventually. 

Moans & rants will be exclusively on here in the future :D

^^^ well said. Agree with most of it.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    edited October 2013
    Stop moaning!
    You've won a home game!!!

Funnily enough I said a similar thing to you, a while ago about only posting on my thread. Then, I started posting everywhere. I'm thinking along similar lines again but keep getting drawn in. I really should leave people to their own squabbles and also stop posting in the clinic where all the flaws in my game are being shown up. (Did think it was funny though that I suggested the opposite way of playing a hand to you the other night and fair enough, you disagreed. Then next day Ivanovic and Lnarin entered the thread and said similar to me and you instantly decided you must have been wrong!) Nice to see how much you respected my opinion :)

I also had sat nightmares last night. So I then thought xxxx it and bought into the £55 directly. Hmm, that went well.

I understand some of your frustrations regarding tourney schedules etc. Think you're being a bit generous with Sky being new to be honest. Personally I dislike the new software and will be disappointed when it is the only choice.

Think you should keep posting rants though. A well written articulate rant is normally enjoyable reading. You do it pretty well :)

Just for you, i'm going to have a rant now (at myself)
    Why on earth do I keep doing the smiley face thing? I never used to, thought it was childish. I do it all the time now. I have to stop it, just noticed two of them in this post alone.
    edited October 2013
    Stop moaning! You've won a home game!!! Funnily enough I said a similar thing to you, a while ago about only posting on my thread. Then, I started posting everywhere. I'm thinking along similar lines again but keep getting drawn in. I really should leave people to their own squabbles and also stop posting in the clinic where all the flaws in my game are being shown up. (Did think it was funny though that I suggested the opposite way of playing a hand to you the other night and fair enough, you disagreed. Then next day Ivanovic and Lnarin entered the thread and said similar to me and you instantly decided you must have been wrong!) Nice to see how much you respected my opinion :) I also had sat nightmares last night. So I then thought xxxx it and bought into the £55 directly. Hmm, that went well. I understand some of your frustrations regarding tourney schedules etc. Think you're being a bit generous with Sky being new to be honest. Personally I dislike the new software and will be disappointed when it is the only choice. Think you should keep posting rants though. A well written articulate rant is normally enjoyable reading. You do it pretty well :) Just for you, i'm going to have a rant now (at myself) Why on earth do I keep doing the smiley face thing? I never used to, thought it was childish. I do it all the time now. I have to stop it, just noticed two of them in this post alone.
    Posted by Jac35
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo Jac! haha

I actually thought when I posted the 2nd time, that you may interpret it like that!!!!

Was the same when I moaned over on AJ's diary about the standard of 30nl 1 night when you happened to be sat (and crushing me) and u read too much into it!!!!

1 winning player disagreeing with me is worrying. 2, is bad. 3 = I'm probably wrong & a massive donk!!

Strength in numbers!!

(still like the flat though ;))

---------

Talking of numbers, incredible game at your place last night!!!

1-4 down @ half time, was there anyone left in the ground for the 2nd half to witness the comeback?

Every post should have some type of smiley!

Sky forumers have been asking for proper smileys for years! (here we go again!...)

They'll be here before antes no doubt :P

edited October 2013
    Ok, you've got me. I'm a paranoid freak. Stop picking on me! :):)

That other place has a wealth of smiley options and similar. Now I'm not adverse to using those ones. I think they add a certain class to a post.

I think you should piece together a thread regarding proper smilies being introduced on here.
    Way more important than the 500/1000 level
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited October 2013

Smillies will never be able to be used here.

edited October 2013
    Smillies will never be able to be used here. ☺
    Posted by MAXALLY
    It's not as good as the other place but , sigh, it's pretty good.
    I hate myself for asking you this and making you feel important. But, how do you do that? You have to understand I am still incredibly proud of myself for learning how to post hand histories. Quite an achievement for someone of my limited intelligence.
    P.s bar gone under?
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,598
    edited October 2013
    Hi JJ!  
    It's been a while since I posted I know!  BUT... I'm still reading, I find it therapeutic. (My therapist says I need this) ? Altho I LOL a LOT!, there are parts where I cry more!!,  I also try to learn, I soak it up, I get frustrated, BUT most importantly... I don't care..I love it!  In fact I crashed my car into a bridge...  Keep posting bro...  
    Litte story to cheer ya up.. When I joined Skypoker there were two players in particular who went well outta their way to give me advice, pm'ed me, and scared the stihe outta me If i'm honest!  Grantorino was the other player...
    You didn't help..  I'm still a losing player BUT I'm enjoying losing more!  OR is it I hate losing less?  I forget TBH!
    Lolz  
    More importantly I wish ya luck!  ;-)
    pad

edited October 2013
    mid session here, but thought I'd post this 1 for lolzzzzzz
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    nu Small blind  15.00 15.00 481.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  30.00 45.00 474.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

nu Call  15.00 60.00 466.00
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  90.00 150.00 384.00
    nu Call  90.00 240.00 376.00
    Flop

• A

DOHHHHHHH Check     
    nu All-in  376.00 616.00 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  376.00 992.00 8.00
    nu Show

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A
    • K

Turn

• A

River

nu Win Flush to the Ace 992.00  992.00
    Bink v me, and I can make Nu famous! :)
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,598
    edited October 2013
     Bink v me, and I can make Nu famous! :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I guess he had reads?? ;-)
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited October 2013
    Looks like a standard limp trap with 9 2 off, and then flops the world with the gutshot wheel, back door 2 high flush and a medium card thats not quite an overcard; it just all goes in here.
    edited October 2013
    It's not actually that bad I didn't realise he had a gutshot!

Poker Gods royally punished me for posting that bad beat, I deserved the run bad* that followed.

Session was going really well up until that, I don't think I won another hand from then on, nevermind another game.

Results shortly.