You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    It's not actually that bad I didn't realise he had a gutshot! Poker Gods royally punished me for posting that bad beat, I deserved the run bad* that followed. Session was going really well up until that, I don't think I won another hand from then on, nevermind another game. Results shortly.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    SORT IT OUT DOHHHHHHH
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited October 2013

k, short n not so sweet today.

Mtts went ok abroad, nothing in any of the biggies, but 4 smallish cashes added to 1 FT where I came 2nd, again, in the 6max turbo, again, for  /> €100 cushioned the session & made it a solid winning day.

Lost my first HU of the day when playing ftw in an mtt.

Sposed to be the strongest part of my game yet I keep coming 2nd!!!!!! :(

---------------------------

Over to sky....

Started very well, I had to finish off the semi final of a HU comp I'm involved in off forum.

Was 1-1 against young_gun in a best of 5, we had to cut the initial game short due to connection problems.

I lost the third, but won the last 2 to qualify for the final 3-2!

Liamboi v Macapaca in the other semi, will let u know how the final goes!

Really wanna win it coz there was loads of rly good players in it. Had some tough games so far!

Didn't do so well after that, I posted that bad beat above and regretted it straight away. I knew I'd get some bad runbad karma for spamming the diary with yawnnnnn beats.

Could post 5/6 more against Nu, the guy was on fire last night.

Here's the graph, I've highlighted the point of the session where I posted the hand history.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6102/72g9.jpg

sighhhhh.

BUT

First winning day of the month on sky!!

27 games in total, for a profit of $3.25!

I've stopped the rot!!!!

--------------------

Target at start of challenge = Make $913

Results so far = Minus $104

New target required = $1017

---------------------

The way things are going, I'll be able to do the same challenge again next month! ;)

--------------------

Had a reply on the HU sng structure thread, apparently the structures are 'under review' and will hopefully be changed early next week.

I'm not sure why it would take so long, it would take me literally 5 minutes, not 5 days +

In fact, they could have done it in the time it took them to post that reply on the thread.

Mind bogogogoggggling.

Next session is Saturday, will probably prioritise mtts again in the hope that something will be done by Monday and I can start trying to eat in to that 1k hole!!!

GL all playing over the weekend!

(wasn't v short afterall)

• Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited October 2013
    Given that the 2 games are both very similar, what is your issue atm (putting you off playing them)? Is it just that the player pool is getting split in 2 so it's harder for you to get games?
    edited October 2013
    Given that the 2 games are both very similar, what is your issue atm (putting you off playing them)? Is it just that the player pool is getting split in 2 so it's harder for you to get games?
    Posted by Lambert180
    I want to play turbos.

Atm there is Hyper turbo, Hyper turbo (called turbo, but the same structure as a hyper), speed, & reg speed.

The structure I'm after is between a hyper turbo and a speed. (A turbo)

It was here before when I used to play lots. Benc/acegooner have said the same, they've played 10s of thousands of them between them.

Not sure why sum1 decided to change it so that 2 different classification of HU sng have the same structure in the first place.

The difference, is simply 2 or 3 blind levels being added to the existing structure.

That's it!

I was generous when I said it'd take 5 minutes!

grrrrrr
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,399
    edited October 2013
    Hi dohhhh, just wondering what's your fascination with turbos? I've played some in the past and just can't imagine ever making a profit from them! (at least not a substantial one) The luck factor is huge in them and you need to be concentrating every single hand because every hand is so important. And if you multi-table a lot you're not going to be abe to fully give your attention to each spot as easily.
  • TeddyBloatTeddyBloat Member Posts: 1,419
    edited October 2013
    Scope mrgr33n13 or skaiwalkurrr filtered for sngs. Small edge + volume = profit

The most profitable players in the world are probably those battering volume in high stakes turbo hu games.

Cheers, 
    TEDDY
    edited October 2013
    Hi dohhhh, just wondering what's your fascination with turbos? I've played some in the past and just can't imagine ever making a profit from them! (at least not a substantial one) The luck factor is huge in them and you need to be concentrating every single hand because every hand is so important. And if you multi-table a lot you're not going to be abe to fully give your attention to each spot as easily.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    This is probably why I like them.....

In HU sngs and even mtts a lot of the time your tournament is going to end in a big flip, or a big cooler situation, even a bad beat.

Id rather this happen after an hour or so in a turbo mtt than after 4/5 hours in a deeper structure.

I'm also not very good......

In deeper stacked games I get outplayed a lot at any reasonable level.

In turbos I'm very confident that I can play almost perfectly? or at least unexploitably from a < 25xbb effective stack.

People make lots and lots of mistakes and they're normally quite easy to pick up on and then exploit yourself.

Most people play way too loose/passive, and this is really easy to take advantage of.

Of course when you combine high rake, with small edges, you begin to get a problem. This is made even harder, I'd say almost impossible to overcome when the structures of the games aren't correct. 

Might sound like I'm being picky complaining about 2 or 3 missing levels, but they must cost a winning player 2 or 3% of their expected roi, which when it's only around 4/5% to start with is a pretty big deal! :)

I'm also very lazy, thinking & playing down the streets is difficult, shoving isn't :)

• ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : I want to play turbos. Atm there is Hyper turbo, Hyper turbo (called turbo, but the same structure as a hyper), speed, & reg speed. The structure I'm after is between a hyper turbo and a speed. (A turbo) It was here before when I used to play lots. Benc/acegooner have said the same, they've played 10s of thousands of them between them. Not sure why sum1 decided to change it so that 2 different classification of HU sng have the same structure in the first place. The difference, is simply 2 or 3 blind levels being added to the existing structure. That's it! I was generous when I said it'd take 5 minutes! grrrrrr
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Regardless of what happens to the structure of hypers/turbos following your forum posts, there are less than 5 players for you to worry about at 10-30 quid stakes. I would just get on with it and when you finally make prio you will have a voice to be heard, they listen to us ;).
    edited October 2013
    1.9% of the way there goon!

-ev for you to encourage me, the prio freerolls will be even harder next month if I make it! ;)
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited October 2013
    1.9% of the way there goon! -ev for you to encourage me, the prio freerolls will be even harder next month if I make it! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Completely forgot about them Prio freerolls. That could be the binkage I need to fix my month :)
  • ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
    edited October 2013
    1.9% of the way there goon! -ev for you to encourage me, the prio freerolls will be even harder next month if I make it! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Its not -ev at all, by 8:30 you've usually consumed at least a crate of beer. Meaning you will be playing the Priority Freeroll seeing four cards and probably playing it like a PLO tournie!
    edited October 2013
    Morning!

It's been 5 days since I last updated here, that probably tells you all you need to know about how things have been going :(

But I can't put the update off any longer.

The month couldn't have gone much worse on sky.

Started full of optimism with the challenge to make a grand, but has gone downhill ever since.

The HU structures had changed, the action wasn't there, and when I got it, I'd play terribly. I've been getting frustrated sitting staring at a blank screen for 5/10 minutes at a time between games and it's been very difficult to get any sort of momentum going.

So as far as the challenge is concerned, it's been a disastrous start.

So much so that achieving the 1k target is probably impossible now unless things change a lot during the sng promo week, in terms of action.

The structures have now been changed, so at least that's 1 positive.

Results so far = Minus $264

New target required = $1177

On Monday I did a couple of hours of cash hand reviews on Skype with a few people off here.

I haven't played a cash session anywhere for a couple of months, and looking over cash hands always makes me want to play cash again.

Looking at hand histories, there's normally action in every hand, and it gets me in the mood to sit down and throw some money around, make some moves and own some people.

Of course looking at hand histories in isolation is like watching the highlights of a test match.

You might get 1 over every 2 hours where there's a wicket and a dropped catch and a couple of 4s.

Inbetween that, nothing happens for ages.

So in I go, deciding to take a shot @ 50nl and try to win every single pot playing like durrrrrrrrrrr.

How do you reckon that ended up?

sigh.

Yet another failed shot at a higher stake than usual.

Not going to lie, I played pretty bad. Awful in fact. And I wont be doing it again anytime soon. I'll put a few hand histories up.

Player is new to me, but this felt abit unlucky. Maybe it isn't. I should be barrelling this turn for sure. Don't think I can limit the damage w/ a backdoor flush in a 3b pot though.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancebolly580 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £55.56 DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £51.23   Your hole cards 7 5       Toshiro Fold     TurboSmurf Fold     CrazyBen23 Fold     dubzs Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £85.78 bolly580 Fold     DOHHHHHHH Raise  £5.00 £7.25 £46.23 dubzs Call  £4.00 £11.25 £81.78 Flop    4 Q 3       DOHHHHHHH Bet  £5.50 £16.75 £40.73 dubzs Call  £5.50 £22.25 £76.28 Turn    2       DOHHHHHHH Check     dubzs Check     River    J       DOHHHHHHH Bet  £18.00 £40.25 £22.73 dubzs All-in  £76.28 £116.53 £0.00 DOHHHHHHH All-in  £22.73 £139.26 £0.00 dubzs Unmatched bet  £35.55 £103.71 £35.55 DOHHHHHHH Show 7 5    dubzs Show A K    dubzs Win Flush to the Ace £101.91  £137.46

Tightest flat ever?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancedubzs Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £53.09 kcxyz Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £49.50   Your hole cards Q 10       jdandcoke2 Fold     TurboSmurf Fold     Jonno02 Fold     DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £80.26 dubzs Fold     kcxyz Call  £1.00 £3.25 £48.50 Flop    8 J 4       kcxyz Check     DOHHHHHHH Bet  £2.00 £5.25 £78.26 kcxyz Call  £2.00 £7.25 £46.50 Turn    9       kcxyz Check     DOHHHHHHH Bet  £5.00 £12.25 £73.26 kcxyz Call  £5.00 £17.25 £41.50 River    8       kcxyz Check     DOHHHHHHH Bet  £9.00 £26.25 £64.26 kcxyz Call  £9.00 £35.25 £32.50 DOHHHHHHH Show Q 10    kcxyz Show A 2    kcxyz Win Flush to the Ace £33.48  £65.98
    He must not've noticed that I was making a move in almost every single pot.

Here's one for a strategy debate?

Is this an easy river fold?

This line is probably always 'it' ? (pot limit)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancecrmilner18 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £92.82 CrazyBen23 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £52.27 LEEDEE1 Big blind  £0.50 £1.25 £46.81   Your hole cards K A       Murron1209 Fold     LEEDEE1 Raise  £0.50 £1.75 £46.31 badtaste01 Fold     DOHHHHHHH Raise  £3.50 £5.25 £38.83 crmilner18 Fold     CrazyBen23 Fold     LEEDEE1 Call  £2.50 £7.75 £43.81 Flop    Q A 7       LEEDEE1 Check     DOHHHHHHH Bet  £4.00 £11.75 £34.83 LEEDEE1 Call  £4.00 £15.75 £39.81 Turn    3       LEEDEE1 Bet  £7.88 £23.63 £31.93 DOHHHHHHH Call  £7.88 £31.51 £26.95 River    J       LEEDEE1 Bet  £31.51 £63.02 £0.42 DOHHHHHHH

And 1 for comedy.......

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceCHIVALINO Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £37.92 DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £48.16 Dagarden1 Big blind  £0.50 £1.25 £16.61   Your hole cards 8 9       hurst05 Raise  £2.00 £3.25 £170.24 Dagarden1 Call  £1.50 £4.75 £15.11 KILEM Call  £2.00 £6.75 £32.12 CHIVALINO Call  £1.75 £8.50 £36.17 DOHHHHHHH Raise  £8.00 £16.50 £40.16 hurst05 Fold     Dagarden1 Fold     KILEM Fold     CHIVALINO Call  £6.50 £23.00 £29.67 Flop    8 4 2       CHIVALINO Check     DOHHHHHHH Bet  £7.00 £30.00 £33.16 CHIVALINO All-in  £29.67 £59.67 £0.00 DOHHHHHHH Call  £22.67 £82.34 £10.49 CHIVALINO Show 8 9    DOHHHHHHH Show 8 9    Turn    7       River    Q       CHIVALINO Win Pair of 8s £40.40  £40.40 DOHHHHHHH Win Pair of 8s £40.39  £50.88

Ended just over 3 buyins down over a few hours.

Quite depressing feeling like I was a fish in the games, that's how all my 'shots' seem to feel, and losing money is normally the outcome.

The only positive is that I cut my losses, didn't get stubborn and force myself to play on to 'prove a point' like I have done in the past.

Annoyed at myself for falling into the trap, but on reflection the poor start to this month is put into perspective by taking a step back and looking at how the last few months have gone overall, and if I don't let the poor start to the month effect the rest of it, the losses really are only a drop in the ocean.

I normally come back well from setbacks, so I'm extra focussed today.

I don't mind if I lose, but I'm determined to concentrate, be disciplined in my game selection, and above all, play well (or as well as I can).

No punting!!!!

Gd luck all playing today.

• liamboi11liamboi11 Member Posts: 2,141
    edited October 2013
    hey mate I really don`t get why you don`t play more cash.

I couple years ago when I first started getting into cash I hated being at your table you such a a pain in the XXX and i`m sure you crushed it aswell.

I still think you would do really well at the cash tables without a doubt imo and there is obviously more cash action than stts on sky.

so get grinding the cash and make some moniez and try keep off my tables lol.

edited October 2013

Tough day yesterday.

I decided to turn off all distractions, so the TV went off, spotify closed, Skype/fb/browsers etc all off.

reg'd up a load of mtts across a few sites.

The first 'run' (cash) came on microgaming, I've started playing there recently after noticing the high % of turbos in their mtt schedule.

Was a 'deepstack turbo' !?!?!?

Wonder how that format would be received over here? ;)

Was going well, sitting 6th/15 with 14 paid, and />€160 up top.

The fella to my left was short, meaning that any unopened spot would be a clear shove for me with any 2 cards with the bubble dynamic.

The first opportunity I got, I put him all in.

He found KK and doubled.

The next orbit, I shoved on him again, with a legit hand this time, A8s.

He found QQ, wow. Doubled again. He's midfield now and I'm not so comfortable.

Few orbits later, the bubble had birst and we're just itm.

Button opens and I have a great spot here to jam my last 13xbb with pocket jacks.

Cold called by our friend in the big blind who has me covered after god moding for 20 minutes, and the button folds.

Aces.

Good game.

The full set. KK, then QQ, then AA !

-----------------------------------------------

Not much went right after that either, in fact I don't think I cashed a single mtt.

I don't play many mtts on sky during the day, but I had some screen space open at one point and noticed a £11 BH about to start so 'flicked that in'.

This hand sums it up quite well.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    NooGooood Small blind  20.00 20.00 2822.50
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  40.00 60.00 1865.00
      Your hole cards

badtaste01 Fold     
    tomgoodun Call  40.00 100.00 1920.00
    winny12 Call  40.00 140.00 4980.00
    weezy89 Call  40.00 180.00 4315.00
    NooGooood Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Check     
    Flop

• A

DOHHHHHHH Bet  135.00 315.00 1730.00
    tomgoodun Fold     
    winny12 Fold     
    weezy89 Call  135.00 450.00 4180.00
    Turn

DOHHHHHHH Check     
    weezy89 Check     
    River

DOHHHHHHH Bet  280.00 730.00 1450.00
    weezy89 Raise  880.00 1610.00 3300.00
    DOHHHHHHH Fold     
    weezy89 Show

weezy89 Win  1010.00  4310.00
    weezy89 Return  600.00 0.00 4910.00
    ha. ha. ha.

Well played weezy! ;)

I was contemplating a lifetime self exclusion from online poker at this stage!

----------------

A few hours later. My favourite 'mtt' of the day.

It's always the €20 HU sng mtt.

I've got through the first 2 rounds, and we're on the bubble.

I have the fella short, but these games are 'never over till they're over'

We get it in 78s and lose to his QT.

It's ok. We're still well on top.

We then lose A9s to his K8s.

Meh, back even again.

I find Ax4c, and min raise pre.

Comes AJ7, all clubs.

Very nice, bet, and called.

Turn a 3 of spades, total brick.

Shove the last of my stack in.

Fellas taking ages, must have a marginal hand, and I must be ahead. plz call plz call.

Imageshack will show you the rest!

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/225/czac.jpg

Dirty slowrolling wiodjfoviujwiujwfej!

aghhhhhhh

As if the day hadn't gone bad enough already!

Full on time bar & time bank slowroll complete with chatbox rubdown and me drawing totally DEAD.

--------------------

Anyway, over to sky for the evening session, went a lot better.

Won $71 according to skope, the majority of that being a win in a £6 into £55 BH sat, bit of HU sng profit too.

New structures are a lot better.

Results so far = Minus $193

New target required = $1106

Mentioned a while back I had some interest in the double gntee week.

Couple of guys came close last night, after bricking the first 2 nights.

Didn't expect the numbers to be so huge, it's been a great success!

Hopefully get some major binkage over the weekend.

Big Friday/Sunday double session pour moi, need to get the target well under $1k going in to sng promo week!

gl all playing today.
    edited October 2013
    Much better yesterday!

Played the majority of the day on Sky to try and get going with this 1k challenge, just a few of the best MTTs from elsewhere. The less said about them, the better.

Qualified for the sky main 3/4 times via the 'super sats'.

Looking forward to playing a lot more of those tomorrow when it's 1 in 10 to win £55 rather than 33. Hope to run good!

Heads up went really well too.

Was getting plenty of games, and playing/running very well. Love the new structure, and judging from the number of different/new players I played against, so do other people! I hope that continues.

Got on a roll at 1 point, I won 12 consecutive £10.50 HU turbo games. This beat my previous record of 11!

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2623/ccf3.jpg

If I can sustain yesterdays 37% ROI I might get to $21k!

Nice to get abit of run good going, I'm now up for the month, 5 more days like yesterday and I'm there!

If only it were that easy.

Results so far = Plus $11

New target required = $902

I never normally do hand history reviews for HU games because I'm used to playing hypers, were it's all abc/robotic shove or fold stuff, so not a lot to review.

As the structures are different now, I'm going to spend an hour later today flicking through and see if I can pick up on anything.

Will post interesting hands here later, if there are any.

Good luQue all playing today.

edited October 2013
    Looks like your downswing is over Dohhhhh :) Like liamboi said I don't get why you don't play more cash! But then if you can carry on winning 11 HU turbo games in a row then I guess carry on :P

Also that flush over flush hand is just lol.... should have folded pre because any normal person is 4betting AKs BTN vs blinds every day of the week! Definitely betting turn, not that it would have made a difference! 

edited October 2013
    Looks like your downswing is over Dohhhhh :) Like liamboi said I don't get why you don't play more cash! But then if you can carry on winning 11 HU turbo games in a row then I guess carry on :P Also that flush over flush hand is just lol.... should have folded pre because any normal person is 4betting AKs BTN vs blinds every day of the week! Definitely betting turn, not that it would have made a difference! 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Not sure Ivan, rubbish yesterday.

Is your alias your name in real life btw? Or r u a Chelsea fan or something?

---------------

Struggled yesterday!

Day started great, I won the first £6 into £55 primo sat of the day.

All downhill after that.

Finished -$23 for the day.

Was a session of 2 halves with the HU sngs.

First half I played bad but ran amazing. Just to break even.

Second half I started playing a lot better, got a feel for the games, dominated most of the opponents, but ran horrific.

Funny old game!

Results so far = Minus 12

New target required = 925

After tomorrows session, we'll be half way through the month and I've made no inrodes at all.

I'm still kinda confident though!!!

Big session tomorrow, only 1/2 mtts abroad and loads of HU sngs for promo week, then Turbo Tuesday at night.

(assuming the structures don't get sabotaged again!)

Gl all playing today.
    edited October 2013
    This isn't working out as expected.

Been waiting 15 minutes now for a £10.50 HU turbo game.

Come get my moniez & 10 reward points at the same time!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    edited October 2013
    I guess that's another reason I prefer cash, there's no waiting involved unless you start up a table. I'm an impatient person so I much prefer to just sit down and play than wait for someone to decide to play me!!

To answer your question, nope to both! (Spurs fan, not chelsea!) I played a football manager/player game a while back where you were a player but paying users had the option to manage a team. But anyway, my player name there was F Ivanovic and I kind of liked it at the time so yeah that's how the F_Ivanovic came about!
    edited October 2013

Good & bad day yesterday.

I played only 4 mtts elsewhere, and had deep runs in 3 of them.

$2 super turbo in a MTOPs event, finishing 25th/4,500. Was 5th/140 left, getting quite excited at this point, then didn't win another hand!

€10 FULL KO event coming 30th/700. Bet/call KK for 35xbb effective to a big c/jam on JT6hhx, cudn't fade against 95hh. The only player in the money not to take a head :(

€5 6max BH event, 8th/600. Shove 20xbb from the bb over a sb min open w/ 44 and lose the big flip v A9o :(

3 'nearlys'.

-------------------

Sky went well on the felt.

Played 19 HU sngs, & won 15 of them, for a 50% ROI.

Got on a streak of 10 wins in a row again, and 13 out of 14.

http://imageshack.us/f/209/oeup.jpg/

Found it really difficult to get action though. Even slower than before the promo.

In the end I just gave up when I was out of the main and mini. (which both went terribly btw)

Waiting 10/15 even 20 minutes for a game at times.

Results so far = Plus $149

New target required = $764

Don't think it's going to be possible to 'get there' with only 15 games in 3 and a half hours at a relatively peak time between 6.15 and 9.45. I am constantly registered, don't take any breaks, and always re-match.

Maybe we can blame the England game again for the reduced traffic.

Keep plugging away, hope for more action Thurs & if I can sustain that unsustainable ROI I might have squeak!

gl all playing today.