You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited January 2012
    Things looking a much better today, gonna play another 10 or so games then call it a night.
    I think i should be near the 100 game mark if i put a couple more in tonight.
    Can we have some graphs an stats an stuffs plz in about a hour or 2, lv ya JJ.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Got a few more in last night.
    Im now over the 100 game mark.
    Gonna find it hard to hit 750 games, yesturday afternoon i waited 20 mins to get a game.  So far tonight i have been waiting />10 mins for a game.
    Where is DOHHHHHHH?
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2012
    Morning HUers!

Couldn't face the laptop yesterday after a disasterous shot taking session on Thursday night.

As usual I went about thinks completely the wrong way & made a total balls up of it.

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    DOHHHHHHH  70-$7  $28  -21%-$485  -N/ASkyPokerLast70 SNG Onlyx
    05 Jan '12 at 21:21PokerTurbocharged£-105.00£0.00AHand History
    05 Jan '12 at 21:13PokerHypercharged£-21.00£0.00AHand History
    05 Jan '12 at 21:09PokerTurbocharged£-52.50£0.00InternetHand History
    05 Jan '12 at 21:03PokerTurbocharged£47.50£0.00AHand History
    05 Jan '12 at 20:56PokerHypercharged£-21.00£0.00AHand History
    05 Jan '12 at 20:51PokerHypercharged£-21.00£0.00AHand History
    05 Jan '12 at 20:48PokerHypercharged£-21.00£0.00AHand History
    05 Jan '12 at 20:48PokerHypercharged£-31.50£0.00AHand History
    Man thats depressing. Back to the 5's 10;s n 20's it is  :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January ROI comp update......

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    DOHHHHHHH  145-$3  $22  -5%-$375  -N/ASkyPoker1/1/2012 1/7/2012 Heads Up SNG Onlyx

Verses

freechips1         121$2  $15  15%$265  HotN/ASkyPoker1/1/2012 1/7/2012 Heads Up SNG Onlyx

lol!

When I saw my ROI was only -5% despite losing a fortune, I thought I may still have a chance.

But up against 15% it looks like gg dohhhhhhh!!!
  • Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited January 2012
    jj getting spanked!! you got some serious grinding ahead of you mate to pull this back, gl
  • Options
    KKripplerKKrippler Member Posts: 321
    edited January 2012
    Who did u play in the £100 turbocharged SNG, was it IH8PALACE or nutter, not many players reg for those games
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" *Shot taking disaster & ROI challenge update*:
    Who did u play in the £100 turbocharged SNG, was it IH8PALACE or nutter, not many players reg for those games
    Posted by KKrippler
    it was the new reg guy dlxxx ?

I played ben 5/6 times earlier in the night when I wasn't tilted, the results were quite even, but got the feeling he was starting to dominate so went looking for a diff game.

Ironically it was losing 6/7 £21's in a row that sent me on tilt, then I went n played bigger games against better players ........

Always was the plan to go play higher games this month, but diving in head first against huge winners whilst on tilt is just stoooooopid.

When I took cash shots the circumstances were the same too & I just get hammered time n time again! lolol.

• Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited January 2012
    I've finally decided to give this HUs lark a go JJ cos I fancied a bit of a change. I think I'll be sticking to the Turbocharged ones cos regulars are too slow but the hypers are just too fast for me.

Only started today, aint played a single bit of poker since before Xmas. So I've played 5 so far, mix of £2.10s and £3.15s, won 3 out of 5 for a total profit of £1.40 wooo and to be fair one of the ones I lost was when the blinds had got big and I got it all in pre with AQ v AT and he turned the ten. But yeah I know these thing's will happen, but I'm gonna try and get a load of volume in for these and see how I go.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Well turned out to be a pretty decent day for my first day of Turbo HU games...

For the whole day I've played 18 games in total, £2.10s and £3.15s, although I did play one £1.05 by accident.

Won 12 of them for a profit of £11.60. Not bad for my first go :) Really shocked at some of the terrible play at these levels to be honest, some truly shocking calls... maybe it's just Saturday night for ya
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Got another decent session in today, 10 games all at £3.15 (think I'm gonna stick to this level), won 7 of them for a profit of £10.50.

I know I can't expect to keep up this win-rate but it's nice to have a good start to my HUs games.

So have now played 28 games, won 19 of them and made £22.10 profit  :)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Long way to go yet m8.  Tbh i think im gonna find it hard to hit 750 games.
    Also a bit tilted as my monitor broke on Friday night, and no it wasnt broke by a 2 outer, it just went off.  I try putting it back on now but the screen is very dark.
    What you think of playing />1 game at a time?  I seem to find it very hard to pick up reads when playing 2, think if i was to play 2 i would prob break even 
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Can I ask, I know you guys play higher levels than me but I've been playing the £3.15s mostly and is it normal to get people making absolutely terrible calls, or have I just been lucky and getting terrible opponents. There was one game where we were fairly short cos of blind increases (but still room to move), we both still had about 1000 each, think it was like 25/50, I raised pre with AK, 3bet small, i just stuck him all in and he called for basically his whole stack with 34s

Is this normal at the low levels, if so, bring on the volume lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Also, what would you advise anyone looking to start playing these would be the correct roll? I have my own ideas on this but wouls like your thoughts first.
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" *Shot taking disaster & ROI challenge update*:
    Can I ask, I know you guys play higher levels than me but I've been playing the £3.15s mostly and is it normal to get people making absolutely terrible calls, or have I just been lucky and getting terrible opponents. There was one game where we were fairly short cos of blind increases (but still room to move), we both still had about 1000 each, think it was like 25/50, I raised pre with AK, 3bet small, i just stuck him all in and he called for basically his whole stack with 34s Is this normal at the low levels, if so, bring on the volume lol.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Pretty standard that mate lol
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    loads of Q's here folks, I will reply to every post in the morning but I'm playing myself atm.

Brief replies....

@ freechips I really have no idea about minimum bankroll requirements, for the last couple of years I've played games that r so far within my poker bankroll that it's never been something I've had to think about.

Prob 100/150? Maybe more?

But I doubt many ppl play hypers for a living or rely on hypers for a %age of their income. They'd be mad.

@lambert..... Some of the calls you will see r mental obv, but some of them are also gonna be correct mathamatically according to the game situation, esp if ur on hypers.

Sometimes 93s is a snap call facing a shove.

This is something u need to incorporate into your own game also, make sure you're not calling to tight!

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Cheers JJ, wouldn't mind having a chat with you on msn or something at some point about the finer points of these. I've been sticking to Turbos by the way, not Hypers.

Freechips, I'd wanna have about 100-150 buy-ins especially if you're just light multi-tabling. I'm breaking this rule a bit with my £220 BR but I don't wanna start any lower then £2 and £3 games and I aint going mad with loads of tables til I get more happy with my game.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I agree 100 buyins.
    When i started playing these mid December i started with 100 buyins as i thought they could be super swingy.
    I have ran well so far but the swingy bit will hit soon enough.  I think for the £5 and < 50 buyins would be ok if your a good player.
    JJ you gonna update l8r/in the morn? can we have graphs aswel plz.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I'm tempted to tell u to shove your graphs up your a&rse sideways....

but yeh, ill update in the morning.

Had a small winning session tonight, but winning money and having a +ROI r different things....

Im still in with a squeek !

going ok in the 300 gtd velo atm, last game of the night. 
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    It does confuse me how you can be in profit and have a -ROI
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    It does confuse me how you can be in profit and have a -ROI
    Posted by Lambert180
    Well if you play 99 games @ £1 & lose them all your ROI over that sample is -100%, 

Then your last game you play a £1,000 buy in & win you're massively in profit overall...., but it doesn't have the same impact on your ROI, as it's only 1 game in a 100 game sample where your ROI is +100%

But over the 100 game sample your combined ROI is gonna be like -98% 

Updates to follow when my head stops spinning
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    G
    R
    A
    P
    H
    S