You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Play My Hand requests.....

Comments

• Options
    mike1975mike1975 Member Posts: 420
    edited June 2009
    u asked for lay-downs, well u asked for great lay-downs but, this is all i got ;)

hand number 172102303

played on 23/06/09 about 20:20

Its a DYM SnG £2.25 ( i know, i know high roller....)

i had a pair of tens and put them down, like i said its not great  ;)
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited June 2009
    Alias: silentbob

Hand Number: 172121120

£4k Gtd starting at 21:00 on Tuesday 23rd June (the actual hand was played at 21:06)

1st level, Had QQ so raised it up 4xBB (was this enough 1st level?) & got 1 caller. Flop comes Q74 rainbow. HAPPY DAYS! Caller in the SB check calls. Turn came a 2 (a 2nd spade). All the chips went in at this point & I was 99.9999999% certain that I was miles ahead. When I saw his cards I nearly died. One of the sickest beats ever dished out to me but I've played this guy a few times already so I certainly know what to expect from now on!

I'm fairly certain that I played this correctly but any advise is greatly received.

Cheers
  • Options
    kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Play My Hand requests.....:
    Were you guys happy with what was said about those hands you requested? Fair? Too simplistic or complicated etc? Feedback is always appreciated (but don't give Matt too much of a hard time - he has a fragile ego). Cheers.
    Posted by Dan-Lobb
    Thanks for the analysis on Friday night guys, looking back at my hand, and sorry about this dan, but i agree with Matt and Tikay that i should've raised my big hand more but i really wanted to show it!!! lol. But anyway great show guys, keep it up.
  • Options
    S1DEWINDERS1DEWINDER Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2009
    Hand Number - 0172190328

S1DEWINDER
    £2:30 Bounty Hunter

23rd/24th June - Started at 11:55 on the 23rd

Had JJ, raised to one overcard on the board - he re-raised all-in - (Detailed more completely in the Poker Strategy forum under "Jacks"). I've gone through every avaliable option, I don't know how I play the hand any other way than how I did.

• Options
    Mozza1987Mozza1987 Member Posts: 175
    edited June 2009
    Could you please show these two hands for me.

First hand someone only had 80 chips left and obviously went all in so i called it, however the person behind me went all in as well. I believed he was just trying to get rid of me to take the bounty and because I had him covered I called. Was this a bad choice with the Queen-Ten I had?

Second hand I am short stacked so go all in with Ace-King suited and I am called with King-Jack suited, I have them dominated but you can guess what happens lol!

£4k Bounty Hunter

Hand History #172350471 (21:42 24/06/2009)

Hand History #172352555 (21:47 24/06/2009)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Got one more in the £4k Bounty Hunter.

I am big blind low stacked on the table. Everyone folds except one person raises it to 150. I am not holding the best cards and I am not sure if he has got a big hand or trying to steal the blinds. So I just close my eyes and go all in and he calls.

Hand History #172344623 (21:27 24/06/2009)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Sorry got one more lol. Had a crazy night on the tables haha. Again its in the £4k Bounty Hunter.

Hand History #172348241 (21:37 24/06/2009)

I am dealt King (Clubs) Nine (Diamonds) on the Big Blind

One person calls the 100 and the small bling calls the 100 and I check to see the flop.

Flop comes down Ace-Two-Eight (Diamonds)

Everybody checks

Turn comes down Nine - (Heats)

One player checks, I bet 200 with the pair as I belive this to be strong and with the possible flush draw, small blind calls and the other player folds

River comes down - Three (Diamonds)

I have hit my flush so I bet 300, small blind raises to 600 and I call.

They show they have the same hand as me K9 but there king is a diamond. So hitting the flush which what I was chasing with the back up pair made me lose the pot while no diamond would have made it a split pot.

Any advice on how I should play this better would be helpful to improve my game. I played it like this as no bet came from them after the flop and with them not re raising me on the turn I was not expecting them to have a diamond. Should I have bet strong on the flop to get them off the hand and should I have gave up the hand once they re reaised me on the river?

Cheers.
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited June 2009
    Hand No: 169554328

Date & Time: 2009-06-12 21:11:04

Alias:Cowgomoo

Table & Stakes : Maryhill 0.50/1

What happend: I raised with 6 7 suited, flopped a straight flush, my opponent flat called preflop and is called Bonniedog, bonniedog is a reg at those stakes and is well known for being tight, so i thought if he/she is calling my bet preflop he must have a good hand so i pot both streets and he folds river. I would like to know if you would of played the hand any differently, if so how.

Thanks.
  • Options
    spitfire10spitfire10 Member Posts: 29
    edited June 2009

Alias Spitfire10

Hi, a couple of hands here which involved one of your colleagues (Dan).

Hand No  172568855 21:43 25/06/09 £50 deepstack .
    I was wondering Were my bet sizes right to get rid of drawing hands ?
    or was Dan justified going for the draws which he had plenty.

Hand No 172570101 21:46 25/06/09 £50 deepstack in which Dan played to perfection.

Thanks in advance.

• Options
    dowzerdowzer Member Posts: 218
    edited June 2009
    Could I request a hand review by Penguin please?

Hand number: 172531662
    Your alias: Dowzer
    Tournament name / cash table number: DYM SNG
    Date and time: 2009-06-25 19:53:30

A description of what happened and why you would like us to play your hand:

Got dealt AA under the gun, chips did not go all in pre flop etc and I got outdrawn! Sounds like a typical bad beat I know but I am curious to know if I could / should have played it any differently really or if anyone else would have avoided getting all their chips in. Always struggle how to play AA/KK esp under the gun so thought I did it by the book this time and still got busted lol

P.S. If Penguin is not available then I suppose Matt and Dan will have to do.......
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    is the thread closed now?
  • Options
    Sky_TVcrewSky_TVcrew Member Posts: 66
    edited June 2009
    is the thread closed now?
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Not at all!  This thread is always open!  We like to have lots of Play My Hand requests for The Club !  I have set most of these Play My Hand requests up today and I will let you know tomorrow which hands will be going out on The Club over the next week or so! 
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Great! Thanks!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Alias: silentbob Hand Number: 172121120 £4k Gtd starting at 21:00 on Tuesday 23rd June (the actual hand was played at 21:06) 1st level, Had QQ so raised it up 4xBB (was this enough 1st level?) & got 1 caller. Flop comes Q74 rainbow. HAPPY DAYS! Caller in the SB check calls. Turn came a 2 (a 2nd spade). All the chips went in at this point & I was 99.9999999% certain that I was miles ahead. When I saw his cards I nearly died. One of the sickest beats ever dished out to me but I've played this guy a few times already so I certainly know what to expect from now on! I'm fairly certain that I played this correctly but any advise is greatly received. Cheers
    Posted by silentbob
    Silentbob your Play My Hand request will be on The Club tonight (1st July)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hand No: 169554328 Date & Time: 2009-06-12 21:11:04 Alias:Cowgomoo Table & Stakes : Maryhill 0.50/1 What happend: I raised with 6 7 suited, flopped a straight flush, my opponent flat called preflop and is called Bonniedog, bonniedog is a reg at those stakes and is well known for being tight, so i thought if he/she is calling my bet preflop he must have a good hand so i pot both streets and he folds river. I would like to know if you would of played the hand any differently, if so how. Thanks.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    CowGoMoo your Play My Hand request will be on The Club tonight (1st July)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hand Number - 0172190328 S1DEWINDER £2:30 Bounty Hunter 23rd/24th June - Started at 11:55 on the 23rd Had JJ, raised to one overcard on the board - he re-raised all-in - (Detailed more completely in the Poker Strategy forum under "Jacks"). I've gone through every avaliable option, I don't know how I play the hand any other way than how I did.
    Posted by S1DEWINDER
    S1DEWINDER your Play My Hand request will be on The Club on Friday 3rd July.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    u asked for lay-downs, well u asked for great lay-downs but, this is all i got ;) hand number 172102303 played on 23/06/09 about 20:20 Its a DYM SnG £2.25 ( i know, i know high roller....) i had a pair of tens and put them down, like i said its not great  ;)
    Posted by mike1975
    mike1975 your Play My Hand request will be on The Club on Friday 3rd July.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I've got another one for! Hand number : 171998845 £11 DYM on Tuesday morning. Had 79 suited, flopped a straight, turned a straight flush. Got to love it. And got paid again!
    Posted by kirstii
    Kirstii your Play My Hand request will be on The Club on Monday 6th July.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    cash game hand: 171744736 time: 21/06, 23:58 alias: jdeanzy table: killin I get dealt aces in mid-postion, raise 3x BB. I get one caller and then the button raises it up to £5.50. I decide to flat call, to disquise my hand. The other player calls also. After the J94 flop i check raise all in, and get a call from the guy that had flat called all the way, the button folds. Turns out he had 99 and had flopped a set. I get lucky with an ace on the river and win the hand. I was wondering whether I should have 4-bet the button raiser pre-flop to get the pocket nines to fold and make it heads up. I thought this makes it obvious I have at least KK or AA. Could I have played it better on the flop? Thanks
    Posted by jdeanzy
    JDeanzy your Play My Hand request will be on The Club on Monday 6th July.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Sorry got one more lol. Had a crazy night on the tables haha. Again its in the £4k Bounty Hunter. Hand History #172348241 (21:37 24/06/2009) I am dealt King (Clubs) Nine (Diamonds) on the Big Blind One person calls the 100 and the small bling calls the 100 and I check to see the flop. Flop comes down Ace-Two-Eight (Diamonds) Everybody checks Turn comes down Nine - (Heats) One player checks, I bet 200 with the pair as I belive this to be strong and with the possible flush draw, small blind calls and the other player folds River comes down - Three (Diamonds) I have hit my flush so I bet 300, small blind raises to 600 and I call. They show they have the same hand as me K9 but there king is a diamond. So hitting the flush which what I was chasing with the back up pair made me lose the pot while no diamond would have made it a split pot. Any advice on how I should play this better would be helpful to improve my game. I played it like this as no bet came from them after the flop and with them not re raising me on the turn I was not expecting them to have a diamond. Should I have bet strong on the flop to get them off the hand and should I have gave up the hand once they re reaised me on the river? Cheers.
    Posted by Mozza1987
    Hi Mozza1987 - two of your Play My Hand request will be on The Club on Monday 6th July.