You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Play My Hand requests.....

Comments

• Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Play My Hand requests.....:
    SPARTACUS TORNY 19.19 hand  181489836 19.45 hand 181498246 Keep losing with sets plz tell me what i'm doing wrong
    Posted by annie_duke
    Pain   annie,   !!!  Nothing wrong just unlucky, I was in the 2000k   satellite on Sunday 20runners   got down to heads up ... and then    .........
    I get dealt pocket   AA  against pocket 10 10   flop comes an Ace  (get in)  then horror   turn and flop comes diamonds  he has  10d with  four diamonds on the board !!   Flushed me down the river !!

Who can ya turn to ??

glk annie
  • Options
    annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2009
    KK flop A K 4

check-raise flop he calls know he has A

turn club bet pot called

river club bet pot min-raised so call

he has runner runner flush

then 7 7 

board J Q K 7 i go allin (2 x pot - im shorty) called by A 2

river.....u guessed it......10

i give up benny...gl m8
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    A couple of cash hands from the televised East Kilbride table:

Username: MereNovice

Hand: #183482801 17:12 12/08/2009

I held 44 on f=K44 and the opponent told me that he laid down AK on the flop after a sequence of bet, raise, re-raise, all-in.

Later,

Hand: 183501025 18:45 12/08/2009

I folded top set to an all-in on the river, am I too tight?

I raised to 4*bb with JsJc and was called in the blind by someone with a wide calling range.

f=9d5d8s

I bet £4.25 and he check called.

t=Jh and he minimum check-raised my £10 bet which I thought showed extreme strength by him.

I called because I was definitely getting the odds even if he had the straight - I was 23% to improve to a full house or quads.

r=4c and he shoves for £45.

At this point, there was already £52 in the pot.

Should I have called???
    Should I have shoved on the turn and crossed my fingers???

I'd be interested to see what he had. I didn't place him on a busted flush as I don't think that he'd play the turn like that. He may have made a set himself and bet it because it was very unlikely that I had the straight?

Ooooh, this is really troubling me! :-)

• Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited August 2009
    Just wondering is this thread redundant now?
  • Options
    Sky_LingSky_Ling Member Posts: 317
    edited August 2009
    Hi guys, keep an eye out for the strategy section on the Sunday Night Open - We'll be featuring some of the above hands and Ed and DP will be discussing the best strategies to employ at what times....

Alternatively post your hands on the "FAO DP and ED" thread in Poker strategy and we can kick start it from there...

Good luck on the baize!

Aislingx
  • Options
    dannyboi13dannyboi13 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2009
    Hand number: 187194418
    Your alias: Dannyboi13
    Cash table: Cleland
    Date: 29/08/09
    Time: 14:03:17

Id been playing pretty tightly on the table and thought i had built up abit of fold equity.

I got dealt 9s and raised pre flop with 2 callers. Flop came 7 high with 2 clubs cant remember my bet size but it got min-raised. . . i thought i might have been outdrawn so shoved then and got two callers. 

Did i do the right thing to shove here or should i have flat called so i could have got out later?
  • Options
    dunn80dunn80 Member Posts: 33
    edited September 2009
    Hi I was wondering if you could play these two hands from the cash games I was having last night. One hand I get very lucky and one hand I get very unlucky. I thought I played both hands very well and they were just cold decks as you will see.

Unucky Hand
    Date 2009-09-01
    Time 23.28.28
    Hand Number - 188050452

Lucky Hand
    Date 2009-09-01
    Time 20.54.34
    Hand Number - 187993012

By the way my poker alias is dunn80. I would appreciate it if you would show these hands because they are both pretty sick but show the ups and downs of cash game play.

Cheers

Spencer

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Keep posting!

Dunn and Dannyboi, we're looking to locate your hands for the Sunday show!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Please see this thread.. https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3ae124d1d5-3a6d-4b7e-bf3b-aab233f0c4fe Thank you Roy
    Posted by Huck_Nall

Hi Roy,

I believe this is the tournament that will be featured in a Winners Journey, so i will have to ascertain whether these hands have already been selected.

Nice work by the way!

Axx
  • Options
    Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Play My Hand requests..... : Hi Roy, I believe this is the tournament that will be featured in a Winners Journey, so i will have to ascertain whether these hands have already been selected. Nice work by the way! Axx
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    Thanks for you're response.
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited September 2009

HAND NUMBER 189485056
    7/9/09 AT 22.17;58
    DODGY DAZ DEEPSTACK
    I HAD UNDER 1.5 BLINDS LEFT 1 OF BB 21/21 CASHING STARTED AT 20. THE BB WAS 2O/21 BUT HAD JUST ENOUGH CHIPS TO FOLD BB & SB. MERENOVICE HAD FOLDED US BOTH OF BLINDS NEARLY EVERY HAND FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES. I DECIDED TO PUSH ALLIN HERE ARE MY REASONS. I GUESSED THAT UNLESS THE BB HAD POCKET KINGS OR ACES HES GOING TO FOLD AS HE KNOWS I ONLY HAVE 3 HANDS LEFT AND HE CAN CASH BY SITTING OUT AND LETTING MY GET ELIMINATED. SO IM ONLY AGAINST 5 THE 2 OTHER PLAYERS AT THE TABLE  KNOW THAT IF THEY FLAT CALL MERENOVICE WILL FOLD THEM OFF SO THERE GOING TO PLAY IT SAFE 1 PLAYER DOES FLAT CALL AND MERENOVICE AS I GUESSED FOLDED HIM OFF WITH AN ALL IN. THE BB FOLDED SO AS I GUESSED IM HEADS UP WITH AN ACE, WHICH I HIT STAYED IN AND CASHED 8TH.
    I WOULD LOVE TO HERE THE ANYLISTS VEIW ON THIS. I THINK THIS TOURNIMENT IS SCHEDULED TO BE SHOWN ANYWAY. IF MY HAND ISNT SELECTED I WOULD STILL BE GRATFUL IF YOU COULD TELL ME WHEN THE TOURNIMENT WILL BE SHOWN AND WHERE I CAN FIND LISTING SO WHAT TOURNIMENT ARE DUE TO BE SHOWN NOT LIVE

• Options
    SwansFCSwansFC Member Posts: 308
    edited September 2009
    Just played in a £2 deepstack, well it started at 6ish went down 1 point to 260 chips, ended up winning it, had £1 left when I entered the tournament  and now got it up to £22, could you show the change in fortunes? :D
  • Options
    turnbull13turnbull13 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2009
    Hand id - 190121369

Alias - Turnbull13

Hit quad 9's on the river in the £250 mini view 10/9/09
  • Options
    micky6chinmicky6chin Member Posts: 96
    edited September 2009
    Hand ID - 190324634

Hit Royal Flush, 7.15 deepstack

still went out on final table bubble
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited September 2009
    Hi,

Hand History #190805363 (21:28 13/09/2009)

110 deepstack

Was this a bad move? Or an inspired call. I put him on the missed draw too. Not the kind of move i would normally make to be honest.

Thanks

Greg
  • Options
    gizmotrvisgizmotrvis Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2009
    Hi

I just wanted to explain how I played my pk 3s as I got a little stick by the presenters (Mr Broughton) - and show there was reason behind my madness if not expected poker play - (Sunday 13th Open)

in the latter part of the tournament I had about 56000 and hit pocket 33. I limped in to see the flop. Flop came 8 high
    Someone raised and I moved all in. He called and my 33's stood

The reason I am writing this is I know the analysis was I should just push all in pre flop - however I would then be all in with no further decisions to make. In my experience 80-90% of callers at that point would have had 2 face cards and if the face cards flop...I can still bail and look for a better spot to make my final stand. Also you are giving them 5 cards to hit with all your money invested. have you noticed how its always the turn or the river card that they hit.

My plan was always to bail on the 33's if the flop was not great. Theflop went in my favour and when he raised I knew he was pushing with a high card rather than a pair. So I commited my all in knowing he now only had 2 cards to go

He called, I was right and took my stack to 113,000. I agree it was not an authodox call but it fitted the player I was up against and prevailed. Nt saying it works all the time but the majority of time I have used it the opponent either calls as they think you are bluffing (so you are in a race but with only2 cards to come)or the good card players fold and you take the pot down

Anyway there you go...I am not  a professional in anyway shape or form and the greatest thing I have achieved in poker is qualifying for this years Irish Open which was outstanding. I play for the fun and the challenge

ps I finished in 13th (not the Irish Open....lol the sky open)

James Allin Allen

Alias - Gizmotrvis
  • Options
    goodylad21goodylad21 Member Posts: 693
    edited September 2009
    Please could you show this cash hand 0.25/0.50

ID no:- 191155078

The hand went like this:-

Someone raises up to £2 there are 4 callers im 1st to act with KQ :-

FLOP Q 8 4

I check
    villain 1 checks
    villain 2 checks
    villian 3 bets £5
    i call
    villian 1 re raises £13.5
    villain 2 folds
    villian 3 and me call

TURN CARD Q

I check
    villian 1 goes all in for £18.25
    villian 3 calls
    I then go all in for £47.75
    villian 3 calls

RIVER IS AN 8

villian 1 has KQ same has me
    villian 3 has 88

So there you are 2 full houses v's QUADS gutted !!!! Very nearly folded to the re raise of £13.5 but was getting the odds to call, once the turn card came down a QUEEN i could not get away from the hand!!!

Would be a good hand to watch on TV
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited September 2009
    hand number. 190920809.  I feel I played it badly and folded an overpair, some analysis would be nice.
  • Options
    m1keym1key Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2009
    what about this hand? i got beat by quad 10s off the flop to my straight. should i have noticed tell tell signs?

any feedback would be awsum. Still came second and got £60 quid tho :)

hand 192877960
    date 22/9/09
    time was 2230ish
    was 21.40 £250 garenteed
    m1key

could use my later hands on an example of why laddering up is good i laddered from bottom chipstake in 5th and survived until heads up by not playing lol cowerdly but effective :)

cheers guys