You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,536
    edited August 2017
    Well done.

• Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,276
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced:
    thanks rab still peed off i didnt have a little saver on Breton Rock, one of the horses I tend to follow but ran so badly on ground he liked the time before that I copped out. Should never not back a horse of that quality at 50-1
    Posted by vaigret
    Its not very often you get a winner at that price (execpt may chel or aint ) finished like a train, had home of the brave, not keen on my horses leading from the start.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Keep an eye out for Dark Red(the horse that got disqualified.) 1.50 goodwood
    Only noticed after the race that the last time he ran,he carried 9-12, this time 8-8.
    A handicap blot!

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,330
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced : Its not very often you get a winner at that price (execpt may chel or aint ) finished like a train, had home of the brave, not keen on my horses leading from the start.
    Posted by rabdeniro
    Thats what made it worse rab I had Home on The Range as well. Breton rock is a class horse should never have been 50-1 and if it was should have been backed because it was temendous value. 

Wynne noted and thanks
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    GOODWOOD 2/8

1.50 AURORA GRAY 12-1 2ND 

2.25 FIRST NATION 7-1 4TH

3.00 HAPPY LIKE A FOOL 2-1 NR
    DENAAR 16-1 LOST

3.35 CHURCHILL 7-4 NR

4.10 MUSHAHADAAT 11-4 LOST

4.45 THREE DUCHESSES 9-1 LOST
    TITKI MAFKI 8-1 2ND

5.50 WAR GLORY 8-1 3rd
    MR BOSSY BOOTS 20-1 NR 

just places and non runners today

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Well I'm really worried for my selections for 3/8 . Some of you will know I really despise Richard Fahey as a trainer, too sneaky by half but I can't help myself fancing four of his horseS tomorrow , they looked well handicapped and look like they will like the ground. So hear goes braking the habit of a lifetime, Cant stop myself having savers on thos races just in case he lets me down again.

1.50 SOCIETY RED 12-1 LOST 
    MORNING SUIT 25-1  LOST

2.25 DAWN HORIZONS 12-1 LOST
    DIAMONDS POUR MOI 8-1 LOST

3.00 CARDSHARP 3-1 LOST

3.35 BLOND ME 14-1 2ND 16-1 AT LAST SOME MONEY BACK

4.10 JEDI MASTER 12-1 4TH 16-1
    STARLIGHT MYSTERY 12-1 LOST

5.20 MEGAN LILI 12-1
    INTENSE ROMANCE 6-1

• Options
    edited August 2017
    good luck
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited August 2017
    GL.

Especially with the Fahey picks as I am on Jedi Master and Megan Lili too.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    GL. Especially with the Fahey picks as I am on Jedi Master and Megan Lili too.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Snap, but have a look at Red Society as well. Dont know what criteria you used to pick the other two but here are my reasons re Society Red . He is the only horse to get anywhere near your old favourite Defoe this year and he is receiving weight from all the other horse in the race and he hasnt got bad form on soft/good to soft ground.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced : Snap, but have a look at Red Society as well. Dont know what criteria you used to pick the other two but here are my reasons re Society Red . He is the only horse to get anywhere near your old favourite Defoe this year and he is receiving weight from all the other horse in the race and he hasnt got bad form on soft/good to soft ground.
    Posted by vaigret

It's a good shout, although same could be said for many others in the 1.50.

Especially as I plumped for Emenem 3rd in that race behind Defoe and Society Red. Eminem has won on soft ground and has proven stamina and looked value @20/1. I guess I missed the soft form in Red Society.

I am already on others too in that race (6 places on Skybet) but on reflection I have added Society Red.

PS Do you think Defoe is a St Ledger contender?

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Mr Fahey in his own words on SL website...

"We’re aiming quite high with Society Red in the opening Matchbook Betting Exchange Handicap on Thursday. If we lowered our sights I’m sure he’d be winning again but I’ve always felt he’s capable of winning a race like this and he has no weight on his back.

He has some form with cut in the ground so will hopefully handle the surface ok.

Jedi Master is drawn wider than I’d like in the Telegraph Nursery Handicap but handles testing ground and that is very much in his favour.

Megan Lilly is another who won’t mind Wednesday’s rain. She needs to bounce back from a couple of disappointing runs in the Tatler Handicap but it wouldn’t shock me if she did and ran better than her price suggests.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Mr Fahey in his own words on SL website... " We’re aiming quite high with   Society Red   in the opening   Matchbook Betting Exchange Handicap   on Thursday. If we lowered our sights I’m sure he’d be winning again but I’ve always felt he’s capable of winning a race like this and he has no weight on his back. He has some form with cut in the ground so will hopefully handle the surface ok. Jedi Master  is drawn wider than I’d like in the  Telegraph Nursery Handicap  but handles testing ground and that is very much in his favour. Megan Lilly  is another who won’t mind Wednesday’s rain. She needs to bounce back from a couple of disappointing runs in the  Tatler Handicap  but it wouldn’t shock me if she did and ran better than her price suggests.
    Posted by Phantom66

Lets just hope Mr Fahey does it for us this afternoon. As for Defoe being a St Ledger Horse, No I dont think so he wont get the trip he is a mile and quarter horse just like Big country, good thing with Defoe is they keep him to the distance he is best at instead of "experimenting"

Agree on weights with Emenem he should just win this time but think he had an easier run in the york race then Society Red. l

Good luck this pm whatever happens
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Well I'm really worried for my selections for 3/8 . Some of you will know I really despise Richard Fahey as a trainer, too sneaky by half but I can't help myself fancing four of his horseS tomorrow , they looked well handicapped and look like they will like the ground. So hear goes braking the habit of a lifetime, Cant stop myself having savers on thos races just in case he lets me down again. 1.50 SOCIETY RED 12-1 LOST  MORNING SUIT 25-1   LOST 2.25 DAWN HORIZONS 12-1 DIAMONDS POUR MOI 8-1 3.00 CARDSHARP 3-1 3.35 BLOND ME 14-1 4.10 JEDI MASTER 12-1 STARLIGHT MYSTERY 12-1 5.20 MEGAN LILI 12-1 INTENSE ROMANCE 6-1
    Posted by vaigret

jUST REALISED ONLY 3 fAHEY HORSES OH WELL LESS CHANCE TO LOSE THEN !!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Just got in and catching up with results.

I just won the Emenem v Red Society rematch, however both lost even with Sky's 6 places.

I really really do want Jedi Master to break your Fahey jinx as I have it in a 3xPatent (ew) with Good Omen and Endless Time.

Big sweat come 4.10

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Good luck
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Just got in and catching up with results. I just won the Emenem v Red Society rematch, however both lost even with Sky's 6 places. I really really do want Jedi Master to break your Fahey jinx as I have it in a 3xPatent (ew) with Good Omen and Endless Time. Big sweat come 4.10
    Posted by Phantom66
    GOOD LUCK MATE , HOPE i DONT MESS IT UP FOR YOU

well you got placepart of treble
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Yes got the place, thanks to Sky's places.

Also happened to be on Billesdon Boy and Alifax so not the worst result in the world (although the win treble would have been handy).

• Options
    edited August 2017
    RE:Defoe

That would have been my thoughts, the question was prompted when checking my stable and seeing it has entries for the St Ledger and the Irish St Ledger trial later this month. 

Found this which backs up this is the plan...

I am sceptical but I have put a small ante-post ew bet on for the St Ledger as I suspect if he does run well in Ireland the price will tumble.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Love the optimism of the owners and to make sure it wins for you I will say now it hasnt a cat in hells chance. 

In my book it would have to be 25-1 to even reach the race and at least 100-1 to win it . 

GET ON NOW AT VAIGRET BOOKMAKERS DOT COM !!!!!

lol
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    GOODWOOD  4/8

1.50 FRONTIERSMAN 11-4 NR
    LORD YEATS 11-2 LOST

MAKE TIME 3-1 2ND

3.00 GM HOPKINS 8-1 LOST
    MASTER OF THE WORLD 15-2 WINNER

3.35 BATAASH 3-1 WINNER 9-2
    TAKE COVER 9-1 4TH