You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    edited December 2017
    With Sam Spinner I hope I have found another LONDON PRIZE, IE A GOOD YOUNG HORSE TO FOLLOW WITH A TRAINER WHERE IT WONT BE UNDERPRICED ALL THE TIME

Yes I was very impressed with Sam Spinner. I thought that he was just a front running Top Handicapper who revels in the mud, but yesterday proved how good he really is, and only just about to turn 6 too. Defo your new LONDON PRIZE.

Did you see the bumper from ASCOT on Friday V ?? It is definitely a race to follow all the horses from, especially the first 5 home. DIDTHEYLEAVEYOUOUTTO had recorded exceptional sectional speed figures in its previous race in a bumper on Lingfield's AW (won by 10 lengths) and won this race really well, and BULLIONAIRE had won the big Sales bumper on debut at Newbury last March, and pulled like a train in this race so did well to finish 2nd. I love Gary Moore horses anyway so it was great to see THE FLYING SOFA finish 3rd on debut (and had looked like possibly winning 'til going sideways in last furlong! and the 4th GALLAHER'S CROSS was having it's first run for Nicky Henderson so you know it will improve, and 5th STRONG GLANCE ran a very good race for the very under-rated Fergal O'Brien.

This race is defo worth a look for anyone interested, and wanting some future winners
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,315
    MISTY4ME said:

With Sam Spinner I hope I have found another LONDON PRIZE, IE A GOOD YOUNG HORSE TO FOLLOW WITH A TRAINER WHERE IT WONT BE UNDERPRICED ALL THE TIME

Yes I was very impressed with Sam Spinner. I thought that he was just a front running Top Handicapper who revels in the mud, but yesterday proved how good he really is, and only just about to turn 6 too. Defo your new LONDON PRIZE.

Did you see the bumper from ASCOT on Friday V ?? It is definitely a race to follow all the horses from, especially the first 5 home. DIDTHEYLEAVEYOUOUTTO had recorded exceptional sectional speed figures in its previous race in a bumper on Lingfield's AW (won by 10 lengths) and won this race really well, and BULLIONAIRE had won the big Sales bumper on debut at Newbury last March, and pulled like a train in this race so did well to finish 2nd. I love Gary Moore horses anyway so it was great to see THE FLYING SOFA finish 3rd on debut (and had looked like possibly winning 'til going sideways in last furlong! and the 4th GALLAHER'S CROSS was having it's first run for Nicky Henderson so you know it will improve, and 5th STRONG GLANCE ran a very good race for the very under-rated Fergal O'Brien.

This race is defo worth a look for anyone interested, and wanting some future winners

thanks mate have added the first five to my tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Do well to repeat last week but we will have a go

iiii - 12.05 NEWBURY - ACARO 4-1 - Trainer did us a turn last week and this horse ran well on heavy ground last time and winner has gone in again. Hoping he beats King's newcomer. LOST very disappointing and looks like he didnt get home in ground and Kings hotpot went in and looked good

iii - 1.50 NEWBURY - BRAVE EAGLE 7-2 - Henderson hurdler on bottom weight doesnt happen very often and promising 2nd on prep run. WINNER, what a ride by Nico, beaten five fences out and switch won it for us

ii - 2.10 HAYDOCK - HARRY THE VIKING - 10-1 - 2ND in this race the last time it was run and showed he still upto it with a win last time. 3RD and plugged on gamely after nearly being brought down, EMPERORS CHOICE always going to win if he stayed on his feet in those conditions

i - 1.35 HAYDOCK - DANDY DUKE 7-2 - Won his last three and hoping he still ahead of the handicapper. Be nice to see Tom George finally have a saturday winner LOST winner ran riot on heavy ground over distance he shouldnt have got.

OTHER FANCIES

NEWBURY

12.40 - ROYAL RUBY 5-2 - Hoping Henderson makes it 10 winners out 0f the last 11 runnings of this race LOST so much for stats ran poorly
    2,25 - KNOCKANRAWLEY - 6-1 -Won this race before and showed his well being with a 2nd last time out 3RD TRIED HARD
    FEDERICI 11-1-Saver NON RUNNER
    3.00 WAY BACK THEN 4-1 LOST

HAYDOCK
    2.40 GRANVILLE ISLAND 8-1 LOST
    FEDERICI 4-1 SAVER LOST

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    wynne1938 said:

GOOD LUCK

thnx and you
  • Options
    UP TO 78.50 POINTS UP
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Away for the weekend so this is a quickie

iiii- WINCANTON 3.45 - MONBEG THEATRE 8-1 PULLED UP GROUND AGAINST HIM

III- SANDOWN 3.35- OUR MERLIN 5-1 2ND
    SAVER CLAYTON 6-1 LOST

II- SANDOWN 3.00 - GAS LINE BOY 5-1 3RD

I - CHEPSTOW 2.05- MYSTEREE 8-1 LOST
    savers BEWARE THE BEAR 11-1 LOST and RAZ DE MAREE 16-1 WINNER

OTHER FANCIES

SANDOWN

12.45- DUSKY LEGEND 15-8
    NR
    1.20 - PERFECT PIRATE 4-1 LOST
    1.50 SPEREDEK 9-4 WINNER
    2.25 SUSSEX RANGER 7-1 NR
  • Options
    DOWN TO £74.50 UP
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    vaigret said:

DOWN TO £74.50 UP

Still pretty good mate!
  • Options
    Nice winner in the Welsh National.
    I would keep an eye out for Wild West Win the next time it runs.
  • Options
    StayOrGo said:

vaigret said:

DOWN TO £74.50 UP

Still pretty good mate!
    yes but peed off that I didnt put Raz De Maree in my perm doubles or as my nap. Ran on too late in this race last year for 4th and got it right today. Would have been nice with my other winner Call me lord although Our Merlin would have been even better.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Had a bad week with all my fancies going backwards, or so it seems . what doI do ? Clam up or go mad and I have decided to lump in with quantity but perhaps not quality. But stay with me there might be a gem or two.the daner is that I am feeling good abot some of these.

STOP PRESS

CHANGED MY ONE CANDLE RATING !!!!!!!! 23.34 FRIDAY NIGHT

iiii - 3.00 WARWICK - COUNT MERIBEL 15-8 - Backed this last time but NTD got it wrong and didnt get home over 3miles. Back to his winning distance should make amends. LOST I have obviously vastly overrated him from his early form.

iii - 2.25 WARWICK - TOBEFAIR 16-1
    -One of the horses of last year with 7 wins on the trot including this one. Dreams of Festival glory were then upmost but the handicapper had his measure. Two runs this year, one over fences and then a prep race both without his usual cheekpeices means he tries to repeat on only four pounds higher then his last victory at Newbury with the aids back on. 3RD and hopeful at one time of first and 2nd , wasnt to be
    DANGER -SYKES 10-1 -small saver and silly forecast. 2ND

ii- 1.50 WARWICK - MS PARFOIS -11-4 - Won her last two races easily and a mare on the upgrade should gain her hat trick at a course she has already won at. WINNER and impressive , lovely jumper

12.30 WETHERBY - QUEST FOR LIFE 11-2- Would have been my four candle rating if I had noticed it earlier. Been waiing for this one as never put in race last time and very tenderly handled to run into second place over 2m. Stepped up in trip and this with stronger riding should be right up his street LOST my "great run" continues, coasting for most of race but then went out like a light, obviously 2m 3f too long and 2m too short!!!!!

OTHER FANCIES

WARWICK

3.35 INDIAN CASTLE 9-1 Hoping headwear spurs him back to winning ways LOST
    EMPERORS CHOICE 14-1 saver NR

KEMPTON

12.20 KAPDAD 5-2 chased home a stable mate of the fav last time and hoping its the King trained horse chasing him home tomoz LOST

12.55 DUKE DE BARRY 13-2 LOST

1.30 BREATH OF BLIGHTY - 4-1 C & D winner who ran well here last time against a horsewho was on a roll at the time. LOST

2.05 SMAD PLACE 9-2 - This time Mr King can have his winner. shouldnt beat JOSSES HILL but feel course form could turn it around for this one. LOST, wow Waiting Patiently is some horse

2.40 Really gone mad here as I fancy big priced horses and 3 of them to boot

DENTLEY DE MEE 28-1 -trainer has a good record in this race and had 20-1 winner today LOST
    RED INDIAN 12-1 - Better than he showed last race 3RD just run out of it late on
    TOPVILLEBEN 25-1 - If they let him have an easy lead he could destroy this field like he did last time out. LOST

3.15 ON TOUR 7-1 FELL

LINGFIELD

2.00 ALFRED HUTCHINSON 10-1 LOST
    3.10 GRACIOUS GEORGE 8-1 4TH
    3.40 DAWN GODDESS 10-1 LOST

Think I have gone too mad but you never know.

Good luck me
  • Options
    Good luck,same here.
  • Options
    DOWN TO 74 POINTS UP
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Ok here goes

iiii - ASCOT 2.25 - LE BRUEIL 13-2 - NR 2nd last time to BLACK IVORY who franked the form by winning a good handicap hurdle at Warwaick last week. Saver jENKINS AND F/C WINNER 5-1

iii - HAYDOCK 3.45 - LAKE FIELD 13-8 - Impressive winner last time and hoping the rise in weights doesnt stop him. 3RD LOST

ii- HAYDOCK 3.15 - WALK IN THE MILL - 7-1 - LOST Ran well last time and hoping he gets just deserts today. Saver TINTERN THEATRE AND F/C

i- ASCOT 3.00 - GUITAR PETE 5-1 - LOST Fortunate to win last time after the fall of ill fated Starchitect, lets hope he wins in better circumstances. Saver FORTUNATE GEORGE AND F/C

OTHER FANCIES

1.15 ASCOT RED DEVIL STAR 7-1 3RD

1.50 ASCOT - LE BAGUE EN ROI 10-11 WINNER
    1.25 LINGFIELD - BROUGHTONS STORY 11-2 WINNER
  • Options
    Good luck
  • Options
    DOWN TO 71 POINTS UP

winners but not in the right places
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Well tomorrow we will find out how good a yardstick Gold Present is as I have selected a couple of horses with form very much tied into him. Also will top trainers Nicholls, few runners recently and Tizzard, in poor form, bounce back.

iiii- CHELTENHAM 4.10 - OUR MERLIN 13-2 - notched up quick hat trick and then ran well to finish second to Call me Lord last time out. 3RD Ran well

iii- CHELTENHAM 3.35 - FINIANS OSCAR - 3-1 - Looked like a very good horse last year but struggled over fences this, he was also a very good hurdler and hoping return to this discipline will reinvigorate him. LOST Colin Tizzard's horses just not right

ii - CHELTENHAM 3.00 - PACIFIC DE BAUNE 11-4- Nicky henderson runs two very decent types in this and will be surprised if nico De Boinville has picked the wrong one. LOST RAN POORLY and Nico did pick wrong one,

i - LINGFIELD 4.15 - BRIDGE BUILDER - 6-1 - Good win before second last time out, returns to Lingfield where he won off six pound higher this time last year. WINNER

OTHER FANCIES

CHELTENHAM

1.15 FULL IRISH 6-1 LOST

1.50 - FRODON 15-2 - Second to Gold present last time. WINNER EASILY , JUMPED SUPERBLY AND WHAT A LOVELY RIDER BRYONY FROST IS
    Saver on ULTRAGOLD 20-1

2.15 - THE LAST SAMURI 4-1 LOST

DONCASTER

2.05 STATION MASTER 5-1 LOST

3.15 WARRIORS TALE 14-1 -Also 2nd to GP llast time out 2nd MUGGED ON LINE

LINGFIELD

2.00 LADY PERIGNON 6-1 LOST

• Options
    Good luck
  • Options