You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    cleansweepcleansweep Member Posts: 598
    edited October 2017
    Monsieur Vaigret,
    Long time!
    Southsea Belle 6.25 Kempton Monday deserves your fork handle e/w consideration.
    She goes to the sales soon and needs some type, to sell well
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,316
    edited October 2017
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced:
    Monsieur Vaigret, Long time! Southsea Belle 6.25 Kempton Monday deserves your fork handle e/w consideration. She goes to the sales soon and needs some type, to sell well
    Posted by cleansweep
    Hi mate, Yes long time and thnx for the tip

Hope you well 

Terry
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced:
    Hoping I am giving you a winner Wednesday. TEMPLESTATEFLORESCO 16-1 4.05 Listowel Won the big Marston Handicap at Uttoxeter easily in his last race over fences. since then had another warm up race over hurdles. I reckon he is still very well handicapped over fences and if I knew he handles this ground I would be very confident.  Definitely worth a good EW bet. 
    Posted by vaigret

thats better back to winning ways, be it at odds on. Sauntered home, 
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    SATURDAY 14/10/17 RATINGS SHOULD COME WITH A HEALTH WARNING  WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO THE 2 CANDLE AND ONE CANDLE RATINGS AS i HAVE GONE WITH MY HEART RATHER THAN MY HEAD, SO BEAR SPECIAL COGNISCANCE TO THE MAIN SAVER ALSO QUOTED.

iiii - YORK 2.40  - STAXTON 9-1 - Very impressive on debut and very well tried last twice in Mill Reef and Gimcrack, this not as high class race and hopeful come back to a win. 3RD Just couldnt get a clear run anywhere he went and with a clearer run would have gone close

iii - YORK 3.15 - UPSTAGING 10-1- Another horse highly tried and running off same mark as when 4th in Stewards Cup LOST Baulked right near the end but place at best

ii- YORK 2.05 - BIG COUNTRY 6-1 - Old favourite who was near fav for Camridgeshire and ran no race over 9 furlongs, back to 10 furlongs today and on a course where he has won over this trip and where he came second in John smiths Cup. 5TH Awash with sweat and reversed form with CHELSEA BOY, looked like he had come to win it a furlong out but struggled home
    SAVER - CHELSEA BOY 9-2 - 4th in Cambridgeshire and should beat my tip on form of that race

i- NEWMARKET 3.45 - LONDON PRIZE 20-1 - Couldnt desert him even though another horse should have a more outstanding chance. However with the way the stands side was so much better today and with  this horses draw he should have less trouble than others reaching the right side. It wll be unusual for such a long race to cause problems but I can see chaos if horses drawn low try to switch . 2ND Ran a terrific race and thought he would be ok until Withold stole the rail and came across him. Withold just too good
    TOP SAVER - JOHN CONSTABLE 8-1 LOST
     AND small saver SHREWD 18-1 LOST

OTHER FANCIES
    YORK
    5.00 SLUNOVRAT 12-1
    5.30 DANCE KING 8-1 

NEWMARKET
    1.50 RASTRELLI 8-1 LOST
    2.25 WAFY 15-2 LOST
    3.00 EMARAATY 9-2 LOST
    4.15 CHARACTER WITNESS 4-1 LOST
    4.45 THAFEERA 3-1 LOST
    5.25 MONARCHS GLEN 13-2 WINNER AND BACKED DOWN TO 7-2

CHEPSTOW
    3.35 FLASHING GLANCE 9-1 3RD
    4.10 WHOLESTONE 4-1 LOST
    4.45 MINELLACELEBRATION 20-1 LOST

• Options
    edited October 2017
    THIRD LOSING WEEK 

DOWN TO 88.5 POINTS UP
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Great racing today with Champions Day bringing all stars to the party and all the horses will at least be trying. The great problem with picking winners unless you have inside knowledge is whther the horse is trying to win well at least tomorrow we shouldnt have that problem. The problem will be judging which are the truly great horses who can win their initial targets and still keep producing more as they come back to the trough time and again. You would think horses with loads of wins in their form should be the ones to back and with harry angel that might be the case but are others like BATEEL, BEAT THE BANK , RIBCHESTER and ZABEEL PRINCE really good horses who can keep it up or have they already been their and done it too many times this season. We will find out tomorrow. 

So to the ratings and you will see two are for multiple winners who i hope can prove they are good horses and two are for horses that seem to have been laid out for this and might cause a surprise. Has this been the target all along and are they good enough to do it.

iiii - 2.40 BATEEL 9-4 - French raider who has rattled off three brilliant wins and stuffed Journey last time out hoping she shows her true class. 2ND not good enough to beat team O,brien

iii - 2.00 QUIET REFLECTION 6-1 - So ok Harry Angel is a very good horseand has shown he can produce over any surface but did that last race on ground they didnt think he would like have blunted him. It looks like this race has been the plan forthis horse who has had a very light campaign and won impressively in Ireland last time. Fillies seem to come to themseles this time of year as well. LOST Right to go against the hot pot but would never have doneFabreeze fabreeze

ii - 3.15 BEAT THE BANK - 9-2 - Hoping he can impress again and beat  RIBCHESTER(Dont dislike him just his trainer, this must be one of the only horses he trains that can run up a sequence)

i- 4.25 SPECULATIVE BID 14-1 - One from left field, like Quiet Reflection this looks like this horse has been prepared for this race specifically. Would love to have had De Sousa on board but Crowley not too bad. Prep race last week finishing quietly in seventh and Course winner. Trainer not in bad form either. LOST when I noticed Jason Weaver had also go for this Iwas hopeful but prob best at 7f, he was coastng then and then hit wall

Other fancies

ASCOT
    STRADIVARIUS 7-1 3RD
    DESERT SKYLINE 10-1 LOST

3.50 BARNEY ROY 4-1 LOST Should have stuck with Cracksman, excellent victory
    4.25 GEORGE WILLIAM 33-1 (SAVER) LOST

CATTERICK 
    3.30 STORM OVER 8-1 WINNER 9-1 MISSED THE RACE DUE TO DELAY AT ASCOT !!!!! JUST WATCHED AND WON VERY NICELY

STRATFORD 
     3.00 DAYS OF HEAVEN 14-1 LOST

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited October 2017
    GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    We go down further now to 84.5 points up
  • Options
    Well I am back with the ratings for this week and on the new forum as well. hope you all continue to follow me. Had a few bad weeks so hopefully the return of the jumps and the break last week will help.

Ratings follow a theme this week with horses who have had recent runs hopefully to put them right for today.

iiii - 3.35 ASCOT - ANTONY - 9-1 - Won this last year and recently had a pipe opener

iii - 2.40 WETHERBY - WHOLESTONE - 7-2 - Twiston -Davies doing well at the bigger meetings at this time of year continues with two last week. Another who looks like his race recently was to get him rigt for this

ii - 3.15 WETHERBY - CONEYGREE - 2-1 - Slightly different with this one as he has to be at his best first time out because he is so injury prone they cant plan pipe openers. Hope he is back to his Gold cup best.

i - 2.05 WETHERBY - LADY BUTTONS - 6-1 - Had a flat spin in September and hope that allows her to return to form of last season

OTHER FANCIES

ASCOT
    1.15 BROWN BEAR 14-1
    1.50 BALINURE 8-1
    2.25 EXITAS 14-1
    3.00 PERUVIAN BLEU 14-1
    3,35 ULTRAGOLD (SAVER)

WETHERBY
    3.45 RAVENS TOWER 4-1
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    Good to see you back with this Terry, nice one. Shame that this new 'super duper' forum doesnt allow diff font colours, edits, deletes, or even basic last post read.....but hey, it is all a learning curve.

I will include that 3.55 in my Ascot L15.

Gl today mate.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    MAXALLY said:

Good to see you back with this Terry, nice one. Shame that this new 'super duper' forum doesnt allow diff font colours, edits, deletes, or even basic last post read.....but hey, it is all a learning curve.

I will include that 3.55 in my Ascot L15.

Gl today mate.

Thanks Alan, definitely learning curve, didnt know whether my old brain could cope with it but hey hoe surviving
  • Options
    brilliant start with my other fancies, sorry they werent in ratings. Will up date the whole ratings page later. Hate not being able to do on the run
  • Options
    Well I am back with the ratings for this week and on the new forum as well. hope you all continue to follow me. Had a few bad weeks so hopefully the return of the jumps and the break last week will help.

Ratings follow a theme this week with horses who have had recent runs hopefully to put them right for today.

iiii - 3.35 ASCOT - ANTONY - 9-1 - Won this last year and recently had a pipe opener - 5th Should have been able to reverse form with Go Conquer on weights but destroyed by the winner and saddle slipping didnt help

iii - 2.40 WETHERBY - WHOLESTONE - 7-2 - Twiston -Davies doing well at the bigger meetings at this time of year continues with two last week. Another who looks like his race recently was to get him rigt for this 2nd Ran out of it late on

ii - 3.15 WETHERBY - CONEYGREE - 2-1 - Slightly different with this one as he has to be at his best first time out because he is so injury prone they cant plan pipe openers. Hope he is back to his Gold cup best. Pulled up , not the horse he was and dont think he will ever be the same, Hope I am wrong.

i - 2.05 WETHERBY - LADY BUTTONS - 6-1 - Had a flat spin in September and hope that allows her to return to form of last season 2nd - Ran a brilliant race and looked like she would turn over hot shot but just run out of it late on

OTHER FANCIES

ASCOT
    1.15 BROWN BEAR 14-1 - WINNER AT 16-1 FOR HIS TREBLE, CAME STORMING FROM THE BACK TO WIN ON THE LINE
    1.50 BALINURE 8-1 LOST
    2.25 EXITAS 14-1 - WINNER AFTER BEING BACKED TO 11-2, JUMPED SUPERBLY AND A GREAT RIDE
    3.00 PERUVIAN BLEU 14-1 LOST
    3,35 ULTRAGOLD (SAVER) LOST

WETHERBY
    3.45 RAVENS TOWER 4-1 -2ND
  • Options
    DOWN TO 80.5 POINTS UP
  • Options
    Some good winners
  • Options
    wynne1938 said:

Some good winners

thanks mate, Had Brown Bear and Exitas in double as well. Pity my ratings cant win atn mo though
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Mixture of cards today and hope we can finally boost the ratings profit:-

iiii - 3.00 WINCANTON - LONDON PRIZE -5-1- Did us proud just failing to win Caesarewich to well handicapped horse, he should be the best handicapped today.

iii- 1.50 WINCANTON - ELLENS WAY - 11-1 - Best value and form in the race , just hope she is fit enough to do herself justice.

ii- 2.05 DONCASTER - TERUNTUM STAR 8-1 - Has had an easy season and won last two , hoping for hat trick today

i - 3.35 WINCANTON - VIC DE TOUZAINE - 8-1 - Stable had a recent winner and form looks best, again fitness the worry

OTHER FANCIES
    WINCANTON
    1.50 COPPER KAY saver
    3.35 TEMPESTSTATFLORESCO 33-1 old fav rather than real chance

DONCASTER
    2.05 SIR DANCELOT FORECAST WITH TS
    2.40 GRACIOUS DIANA 14-1
    3.15 ROYAL LINE 11-2, saver SEPAL 25-1

1.40 AINTREE HOLLY BUSH HENRY 14-1
    2.15 TIQUER 20-1
  • Options
    Good luck.
    You will need it!
  • Options
    Added
    SPECULATIVE BID 6-1 1.35 DONNIE AS OTHER FANCY.

You are right Wynne, hard day. good luck you too

V
  • Options
    Well done with your nap(ye who haveno faith-me,had him on my shortlist,then removed,but I managed to get some money back on Saunter)