You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    edited November 2021
    Going downhill fast solets hope these can come in.

iiii - ASCOT 1.30 - EMPRESSIVE LADY -5/1 - Second to Mollys ollys wishes who won impressively the other week. Back to right distance tomorrow and back right handed and also taken out of a race the other week when ground wasnt right. Lets hope she on today. already backed in from 8/1 to 5/1. NON RUNNER - obviously still waiting for right ground

iii - ASCOT 2.05- LOST IN TRANSLATION - 7/2- Stables superstars had virus last year and they had a terrible time as a result. Dont think Robbie Powers riding style helped them. brendan Powell back riding for them and two superstars already won. Stable news very positive after wind op. WINNER 4-1 Took it up nicely and g ood win, back on track.

ii- WOLVERHAMPTON 7.00 - POTENZA - 3/1 - Put in notebook after great wins on AW last season , if tuned up after break will be very hard to beat. 2nd 17/2 beaten by a nostril, no way I could win two photos's for a great treble.

i- HAYDOCK3.00 - ROYAL PAGAILLE - 9/1- Showed his liking for this course when bolting up in Peter Marsh last season when having his first run of season. Cheltenham found him out and finished lame. Hoping Trainer has him back and he goes fresh again. 2nd ran really well and unluckily the Irish favourite was fit

OTHER FANCIES

HAYDOCK

1.50 - PLAY THE PIPER 5/1 LOST
    2.25- DIDTHEYLEAVEYOUOUTTO - 14/1 LOST AND RIGHT PLACE RIGHT TIME 11/2 LOST
    3.35- STRICTLY A DANCER 13/8 WINNER 7/4 very confidently ridden and won nicely

ASCOT

2.40 - MOLLYS OLLYS WISHES 13/2 LAST
    3.15 - BEFORE MIDNIGHT 2/1 WINNER 11/4 battled on superbly and just held on
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,526
    Good luck .Looks very difficult.
  • Options
    up to85 points up
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Well not much profit on the ratings last week but a little better. Lets hope my luck is turning although still getting tons of seconds.

Anyway here goes

iiii - NEWBURY 2.25- ONEMOREFORTHEROAD - 5/1 - Small race and sure if this wasnt a small trainer it would be a better price. Won easily last time and hoping he can upset the big boys. WINNER 8-1 BRILLIANT SPEED AND GREAT JUMPER MAKING GROUND AT EVERY FENCE. DESTROYED ALL THE BIG BOYS. Good ride

iii - NEWBURY 12.40- ASHTOWN LAD 7/1-Value horse in the race, Won over 3m last time whilst Irish Raider only one chase up to 2m3f. Only other horse with chase experience unseated. Hoping he will set stern staying test. LAST not in class of the winner who looked very impressive

ii- NEWBURY 1.50- ANNSAM - 11/1 - Trainer and jockey won big handicap hurdle last week and horse just didnt find as much last time out. Will strip fitter and has better weight with CALVA D'AUGE. 3RD ran well and led most of the way couldnt cope with the two fast finishers. Probably to keen going down and a start
    DANGER- BOREHAM BILL 10-1 also better treated. LOST

i- NEWBURY 3.00 - KITTYS LIGHT - 11/1 - Talking about seconds this horse has been extremely unlucky with them, lets hope at last it gets its just deserts. LOST ground against him
    DANGER- FIDDLERONTHEROOF 8/1 2nd . Luckily had a late bet on CLOUDY GLEN AT 40-1 WINNER

OTHER FANCIES

12.10 - SPES ENERGETICCAL 40-1 LAST
    1.15- OFALLTHEGINJOITS 12/1 LOST AND KAUTO THE KING 10-1 LOST
    3.35 - ECLAIR D'ARNY 7/1 PULLED UP AND FRERO BENJOU 11/2 3RD

NEWCASTLE

2.05- GLEN FORSA 6/1 LOST AND THE FERRY MASTER 4/1 LOST

3.15 - NOT SO SLEEPY 12-1 WINNER 18 -1 leading inch from line had to settle for DEAD HEAT

BANGOR

3.42 - STROLL ON BY 9/4 -Special mention as part owner. NON RUNNER
  • Options
    Looks a dodgy day.
    Good luck
  • Options
    up to 90 points up
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Things looked up a bit last week and lets hope I can carry it on.

iiii- SANDOWN 12.40 - EMPRESSIVE LADY 8-1 - Second to Mollys ollys wishes who won impressively the other MONTH. Back to right distance tomorrow and back right handed and also taken out of a couple of races the past weeks when ground wasnt right. Lets hope she on today. LOST never in it really although tried to make ground late on and then faded again , but winner looks better than its weight

iii- AINTREE 2.05- NATIVE RIVER 3-1 - Won this race two years ago and would probably have won last year only forthe fences in the homestraight being omitted and he was tapped for toe on a long run in. Stable not in form last year either and back better now. 2ND Winner ran well and age helped him beat the old boy who ran well in defeat

ii- SANDOWN 1.50- IL RIDOTO - 4-1 - Looked a good horse winning last week and if he doesnt get bounce back will surprise a few of these. PULLED UP

i- SANDOWN 3-00 - SALTY BOY - 6/1 -Won the Southern grand national in good style last time and some of these might not get the trip upped in distance with a stiff finish. 5TH Lost ground down railway fences and then ran on strongly but lost too much to get back.
    DANGER - STRICTLYADANCER 4/1 LOST

OTHER FANCIES

SANDOWN

12.05 - HARDKORE 5-1 FELL
    1.15 - KAMAXOS12-1 2ND
    2.25 - NUBE NEGRA 11/4 4th
    3.35 - ELAHM VALLEY 8/1 LOST AND HUDSON DEGRUGY 6/1 LOST

AINTREE

12.55 - RESERVE TANK 10-1 PULLED UP AND FIVE STAR GETAWAY 12/1 NR
    2.40 - SNOW LEOPARDESS 13/2 WINNER what a display and what a battler, MAC TOTTIE 8/1 FELL , DOMAINE DE LISLE 40-1 4th at 66-1 coming from way off pace AND LORD DU MESNIL 25/1 LOST

3.15 - ALBERTS BACK 25/1 LOST AND CANFORD LIGHT 16/1 FELL
  • Options
    GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Brief this week as away from home

iiii - HEREFORD 1.57- ORCHARD GROVE 4-1 LOST

iii- CHELTENAHM 1.50 -FARINET 8-1 LOST
    DANGER -LALOR 5-1 LOST

II- CHELTENHAM 3.35- MIDNIGHT REFLECTION 14-1 LOST
    DANGER - MARTELLO SKY 4-1 WINNER

I- DONCASTER 2.05- TOMMYS OSCAR 9/2 WINNER

OTHER FANCIES

CHELTENHAM

12.05- LADY PACIFICO 18-1 LOST
    12.40- MY DROGO 1-3 WINNER
    1.15- FRERO BANBOU 6-1 LOST
    2.25: CURRENT MOOD 20-1 LOST
    3.00 - SCEAU ROYALE 5/2 LOST

DONCASTER

2.40-TOO FRIENDLY 13/2 LOST
  • Options
    GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I WAS DOWN TO 86 POINTS UP AND NOW BACK UP TO 88 POINTS UP
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    A little more talk this week after our trip last week.

iiii- 11.50 HAYDOCK - GREEN BOOK 2-1- Have to get out of bed early for this one. Good horse on flat and ran well last time only to be caught late on by a serial winner. Compensation due. WINNER easily

iii - 2.40 HAYDOCK- REMASTERED 9/4 - Going better than anything when he fell at 4th last in Ladbroke Trophy . Same rating today and has won on heavy should win with clear round. 2ND , story of my life recently , looked the winner until two out

ii- 3.00 ASCOT - STEP BACK 20-1 - Forget his last run as Cross country which didnt suit him, on a great mark for this and hoping he runs the others into the ground. Winner of some top races . LOST Only Evan Williams horse I didnt put up was ANNSAM won at 7-1 , at least backed him late on

i- 3.15 HAYDOCK- MR HARP - 7/1 - Likes Haydock and the more mud flying about the better. Last run looks like it put him right for this. 5th Ran on but just missed out on a place.

OTHER FANCIES

ASCOT

1.15- L'HOMME PRESSE 9/4 WINNER BY MILES
    1.50 -KNIGHT IN DUBAI 5/1 3RD AND GOLDEN WHISKY 16-1 NR
    2,25 - THOMAS DARBY 7-1 LOST
    3,35 - WEST CORK 13/2, LOST SAMMARIVE 7-1 LOST AND MACK THE MAN 33-1 NR

HAYDOCK

2.05- MINELLA CHARMER 14-1 LOST went out like a light AND LITTLE AWKWARD 9-1 NEVER IN IT
  • Options
    Good luck
  • Options
    BACK DOWN TO 86 POINTS UP
  • Options
    iiii- SANDOWN 12.40 - EMPRESSIVE LADY 8-1 - Second to Mollys ollys wishes who won impressively the other MONTH. Back to right distance tomorrow and back right handed and also taken out of a couple of races the past weeks when ground wasnt right. Lets hope she on today. LOST never in it really although tried to make ground late on and then faded again , but winner looks better than its weight

knew she was a winner waiting to happen
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    After a brilliant Monday last week, pity it wasnt a Saturday here we go again.

iiii - MUSSELBURGH 1.40 - GERONIMO 3/1- Made TOMMYS OSCAR pull out all the stops last time when it looked like he would win easily . Hopeful he gets compensation today. LOST led most of way and went out like a light. Disappointing especially as TOMMYS OSCAR franked the form in the next. !!!!!

iii - CHELTENHAM 2.35- MY BOBBY DAZZLER - 11/1 - Won very easily last time jumping and staying on well. Bit worried all his wins at Aintree. 4TH lost his way at top of hill and then ran on again to **** a place.
    Danger - KANSAS CITY CHEIF 12/1. 2nd just ran out of it near end by strong ride.

II - EXETER 2.25 - SAMUEL JACKSON- 7/1- No troule with this one staying, in fact it might be a bit short for him but likes the course. LOST, the winner was very impressive

i- CHELTENHAM 3.10 - STORMY IRELAND - 5/1 - Gets weight off the boys and iffully fit this Willie Mullins horse should take all the beating. WINNER led from start to finish a little star.

OTHER FANCIES

CHELTENHAM

12.50 - NEWTIDE 12-1 LOST AND DESTINEE ROYALE 4/1 FELL when going very well and it looked like he had jumped the fence and then keeled over
    1.25- l'HOMME PRESSE 13/8 7/4 WINNER EASILY AND JUMPED SUPERBLY
    2.00-RIDERS ONTHE STORM 10-1 LOST AND COOLE CODY 13/2 LOST

• Options
    GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    BACK UP TO 88 POINTS UP
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Well here we are again

iiii - SANDOWN 3.35 - VOLKOVKA - 6-1- Been good around 2m and 2m4f around here found her out last time. Trainer been doing well this year. LOST

iii - SANDOWN 3.00 - WANDRIN STAR - 9/1 - Has beaten some of these already this season and goes well fresh . LOST
    DANGER - ASO 10/3 LOST
    When ground got so bad did PRIME VENTURE 20-1 just before off as it loves heavy ground. WINNER

ii- WINCANTON 1.30 - MIDNIGHT CALLISTO 6/1- Beaten only a length by the impressive LIME DROP last time hopefully cheek pieces will eke out a bit more. 3rd Ran wide whole way round so probably travelled further than the first two but they were better than him.

i- SANDOWN 1.15- CHEF d'EQUIPE - 16/1- Hopefully not a week too late with this after jockey /trainer got 28-1 winner last week . A trainer I dont have much luck with which is why this only gets a one candle rating. Nevertheless horse won this in 2018 off 7lb extra, and run last time looked to be one to set him up for this. Already backed from 25-1. LOST oh dear oh dear Mr Hobbs and me just cant see eye to eye.

OTHER FANCIES

WINCANTON

2.05- DESQUE DE L'ILSLE 5-1 LOST , TOO KEEN AND OUT ON THE TEAR 10-1 3RD
    2.40 - MANVERS HOUSE 10-1 NON RUNNER
    3.15- STOLEN SILVER 9/4 LOST

SANDOWN

1.50-MONSIEUR LECOQ 9/1 PULLED UP
  • Options
    DOWN TO 84 POINTS UP