You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Tonight, I shall be mainly playing......

Comments

• maximus66maximus66 Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2009
    Or maybe not!!!! out with KK vs K9. my fault for slow playing!! Hit his 9 in flop and 9 on the river!!! learnt my lesson!!!!
    edited May 2009
    648!!!! its fair to say ive done better!!!! :)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited May 2009

184th here.

"Slowly away, always behind, never threatened leaders, faded badly, tailed off. Probably hopeless".

Sigh.

Still in the Sleepstack though, which started 2 hours ago, 19th of 33, ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz..........
    edited May 2009
    That'll be 1-0 tikay then!!! we'll see if i can level it up next sat!!!! :)

on the cash now, nice double up early doors!!! always nice!!! :)
    edited May 2009
    The cash continues to be kind!!!! a quadruple up inside 25mins!! hope it continues!! :)
    edited May 2009
    good night in the £450 deep stack...came 3rd out of 66 runners for £63!!
  • RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited May 2009
    Based on the fact that I'm currently on a big downswing in my poker fortunes, I thought it only fair to let you guys know that I'll be on the tables tomorrow night (Tuesday May 25th) from 7pm till midnight for Play The Presenter, so you have every chance of taking advantage of a man on the ropes!

My PTP bankroll has halved since the heady days of about two months ago (don't worry Des, it's still around what I started with!) but I'm sure if I stick to the basics I can play my way back into form.

So keep an eye out for me, and even if you don't play me, drop into the chatbox and say hello.

My alias is RichOrford. Tap that into the 'Find A Player' function in the Poker Lobby tomorrow night then come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!
    edited May 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight, I shall be mainly playing......:
    Based on the fact that I'm currently on a big downswing in my poker fortunes, I thought it only fair to let you guys know that I'll be on the tables tomorrow night (Tuesday May 25th) from 7pm till midnight for Play The Presenter, so you have every chance of taking advantage of a man on the ropes! My PTP bankroll has halved since the heady days of about two months ago (don't worry Des, it's still around what I started with!) but I'm sure if I stick to the basics I can play my way back into form. So keep an eye out for me, and even if you don't play me, drop into the chatbox and say hello. My alias is RichOrford. Tap that into the 'Find A Player' function in the Poker Lobby tomorrow night then come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!
    Posted by RichOrford
    Oi, get off my patch Orford.

Tuesday is the 26th (TWENTY-SIXTH) not the 25th.

Monday 25th - yes, MONDAY 25th - is reserved for a much higher calibre PTP Host.
    edited May 2009

So, on Monday 25th - tonight - I shall be the PTP-er, & I shall be mainly playing...... 

8.15 Deepstack. £5 + £0.50.

9pm £5,000 Guaranteed BH, £10 + £1

So that's £16.50  invested.

Plus random cash Tables, at varying Levels.

I'm also doing a few Live Phone-Ins to tonight's Show, so if you want a shout out, come find me on the Tables, & I'll do my best to oblige. You can look me up on "Find a player", I'm playing as "Tikay10". 

Butr whatever you play tonight, just enjoy, & Good Luck.
    edited May 2009
    Based on the fact that I'm currently on a big downswing in my poker fortunes, I thought it only fair to let you guys know that I'll be on the tables tomorrow night (Tuesday May 25th) from 7pm till midnight for Play The Presenter, so you have every chance of taking advantage of a man on the ropes! My PTP bankroll has halved since the heady days of about two months ago (don't worry Des, it's still around what I started with!) but I'm sure if I stick to the basics I can play my way back into form. So keep an eye out for me, and even if you don't play me, drop into the chatbox and say hello. My alias is RichOrford. Tap that into the 'Find A Player' function in the Poker Lobby tomorrow night then come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!
    Posted by RichOrford
    Nice Avatar Rich, lol. ;)
    edited May 2009
    So, on Monday 25th - tonight - I shall be the PTP-er, & I shall be mainly playing......  8.15 Deepstack. £5 + £0.50. 9pm £5,000 Guaranteed BH, £10 + £1 So that's £16.50  invested. Plus random cash Tables, at varying Levels. I'm also doing a few Live Phone-Ins to tonight's Show, so if you want a shout out, come find me on the Tables, & I'll do my best to oblige. You can look me up on "Find a player", I'm playing as "Tikay10".  Butr whatever you play tonight, just enjoy, & Good Luck.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Bit of a train-wreck in the 9pm Open, when I exited in the, well, first hand. Holding J-J, I somehow got teased into going All-In Pre after a series of Raises & Re-Raises in front of me. I was up against A-A and......K-10. K-10 scooped the lot, obviously. My bad play, no excuses.

I managed to cash in the Sleepstack though, but I had to get lucky in that, too.

Holding Kd-9d, the Flop came Q-9-9, 1 diamond.

The chips all went flying in on that flop, & my Opponent had me totally locked up, with A-9, oops. So I needed to hit a K, to house up, basically. No miracle King was to fall, but running diamonds got me there.......

What can I say? These things happen, but that was really ugly stuff. Sorry Mr Opponent!
    edited May 2009
    OK, I'm doing Play The Presenter tonight. I'm feeling quite confident about it because I think I've finally seen the back of a 3 week tilt/downswing both on my Play The Presenter roll and my personal bankroll. 

It's been something of a train-wreck but I'm pleased to say that in the last few days I've had a run of results which, whilst not exactly making me any profit, have steadied the ship.

In other words, I'm not losing left, right and centre anymore. And right now, let me tell you, that feels like winning!

So watch out this evening- I'm on form...kind of.   :wink:
    edited May 2009
    OK, I'm doing Play The Presenter tonight. I'm feeling quite confident about it because I think I've finally seen the back of a 3 week tilt/downswing both on my Play The Presenter roll and my personal bankroll.  It's been something of a train-wreck but I'm pleased to say that in the last few days I've had a run of results which, whilst not exactly making me any profit, have steadied the ship. In other words, I'm not losing left, right and centre anymore. And right now, let me tell you, that feels like winning! So watch out this evening- I'm on form...kind of.  
    Posted by RichOrford
    Good Luck Rich. I know you been on a sick cooler, so I hope it's now turned.

I'll be On the Site tonight, so I'll come & Rail you for a bit.

PS - You sure you got the date right this time?
    edited May 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight, I shall be mainly playing...... : Good Luck Rich. I know you been on a sick cooler, so I hope it's now turned. I'll be On the Site tonight, so I'll come & Rail you for a bit. PS - You sure you got the date right this time?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Haha, there's an option at the end of your email which invites me to "Ignore Tikay10". If only I had that feature available to me during our shows together...

Yes, I've definitely got the right date thanks. A date which will live in infamy. The date that Orford took down the Open!
    edited May 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight, I shall be mainly playing...... : Haha, there's an option at the end of your email which invites me to "Ignore Tikay10". If only I had that feature available to me during our shows together... Yes, I've definitely got the right date thanks. A date which will live in infamy. The date that Orford took down the Open!
    Posted by RichOrford
    Lolz, now you are living in Cloud Cuckoo-Land.

Tell you what. Fancy a Last-Longer in Tonight's Open?

If anyone else wants to join in, you are welcome. But I'm the likeliest last-longerist. As we shall see, later this evening.
    edited May 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight, I shall be mainly playing...... : Lolz, now you are living in Cloud Cuckoo-Land. Tell you what. Fancy a Last-Longer in Tonight's Open? If anyone else wants to join in, you are welcome. But I'm the likeliest last-longerist. As we shall see, later this evening.
    Posted by Tikay10

OK, you're on!

Let me know in the chatbox for how much.

I'm guessing since your MO is to log on, have a 'senior' nap, then wake up when you're down to 2 big blinds, that you comfortably win the majority of your last longer bets...? ;)
  • YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited May 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight, I shall be mainly playing...... : But I'm the likeliest last-longerist. As we shall see, later this evening.
    Posted by Tikay10
    [needle] Except when you busted out on the first hand t'other day with JJ[/needle]
    edited May 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight, I shall be mainly playing...... : [needle] Except when you busted out on the first hand t'other day with JJ[/needle]
    Posted by YoungUn
    You had to remind me, eh? Sigh. That is all.:cry:
  • silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited May 2009
    OK,  In other words, I'm not losing left, right and centre anymore. And right now, let me tell you, that feels like winning!   
    Posted by RichOrford
    I know that feeling Rich! Finally had a cash in the £200gtd speed for £21. Hopefully that's the beginning of the end of my downswing
  • silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited May 2009
    The 15k bounty hunter. And to make it even better I won my seat 2 weeks ago from a £2.65 satellite (albeit I had to go through 2 sat's but what a great ROI that could be!)

Good luck to all playing tonight