You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Tonight, I shall be mainly playing......

Comments

• Chrissy_CChrissy_C Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2009
    Some cash tables ranging from 10 and 20 to 50 and 1 before going the pub for some live play babyyyyyyyy. See ya at the tables, any banter is a bonus.....
  • ghosthuntghosthunt Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2009
    The Open at 9pm, and possibly a few sit and goesb4 hand and a cash game. I must get the car washed first though.
  • bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
    edited June 2009
    having a crack at the community free roll.....
  • YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited June 2009
    Tonight is my first night in that I'm going to spend playing poker in a week or so, will be nice to get back into it. I'm usually a Cash/DYM grinder, but for a change of pace I'm going to play some MTT's tonight:

8pm £250 Community Freeroll - Look forward to seeing you all there and hopefully busting Sky_Rich :)
    8.15pm £350 Deep Stack - Hopefully Orford will be involved in that
    9.40pm £250 Guaranteed - Usually run okay in that tourney
    10.20pm £300 Guaranteed - First time playing this tourney, same structure as £250 though and a field around 75 expected so some good value in that, hoping for a deep run there.

I usually play 3 or 4 tables at a time so if I bust out of any of the above early i'll probably play some DYM's as well. Tonight will only be considered a success if I cash in at least 1 of those tourneys, and have a />50% success rate at the DYM's (if I get to play them).

EDIT:- Also playing the 8pm £3+£0.30 buy-in £250 Guaranteed which should get a field close to 100. Total outlay tonight (without any DYM's) is £18.70 (inc. registration fees), which can't be too bad for 5 tournaments of a not-too-awful structure.
  • MrBurnoutMrBurnout Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2009
    The 7K Open, hopefully i'll get to cash....time to start holding my breath.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited June 2009

Sunday Nght.

My usual! The 8.15 Deepstack, (£5 + £0.50) plus the 9pm Open (£15 + £2), so that's £22.50 invested.  

Good Luck all those playing tonight, & if we land on the same Table, & I Bet, Pass, I've got it. Quite probably,
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited June 2009
      hi am new to sky poker played a speed tourney made it to final table had a good stack but had 1st and 2nd stack playing after me ended up finishing 3rd but my question is whats the best way of playing cause i think i wasted chips

thanks
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight, I shall be mainly playing......:
      hi am new to sky poker played a speed tourney made it to final table had a good stack but had 1st and 2nd stack playing after me ended up finishing 3rd but my question is whats the best way of playing cause i think i wasted chips  thanks
    Posted by DTWBANDIT

It does not sound like you need much advice!

Try watching the Show a few nights, there's some good advice on there, though swerve my nights!

Also, try & look up the "Sky Poker School". This was only made a month or two ago, & featured Poker Tips, Advice, & Strategy, by Marty Smith, Neil Channing, & Roland de Wolfe. Roland has since won a WSOP Bracelet, in Vegas. 

And the Producer of that Show, a young lady called Aisling Collins, took the advice from the Shows she Produced & went & won the World Ladies Poker Open, & $50,000 to go with it!

So there's a lot of Learning Resource here, you just have to spend a little time learning the ropes.

If you have any specific questions, Post them on the Poker Strategy Board, & the answers will come in thick & fast. Our guys like to help fellow Players - they really do.

Good Luck.
  • GriggGrigg Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2009
    Hi Tikay or should i say tea boy, was on your table earlier but got put out just before you. How you get on with your deepstack? i'm in 1k Bounty at the moment and was down to 75 chips. back up to 6k so doing well now.

Hope to play against you again soon
    edited June 2009
    Hi Tikay or should i say tea boy, was on your table earlier but got put out just before you. How you get on with your deepstack? i'm in 1k Bounty at the moment and was down to 75 chips. back up to 6k so doing well now. Hope to play against you again soon
    Posted by Grigg
    I ran T-T smack bang into Q-Q, & the Flop came Q-high. This is, on the whole, a bad thing.

You were grand Table company. I play poker for the craic, & to have banter with the guys in the Chat-Box, so yes, I hope we share Tables again soon, I enjoyed that.
    edited June 2009
    Hi Tikay or should i say tea boy, was on your table earlier but got put out just before you. How you get on with your deepstack? i'm in 1k Bounty at the moment and was down to 75 chips. back up to 6k so doing well now. Hope to play against you again soon
    Posted by Grigg
    Sigh.

I gotta go clean the Studio later. I jest not.
  • bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
    edited June 2009
    Watched your efforts with the brush Tikay.... I noticed you tried to give Orford the 'brush off'...

Must be more subtle when putting laxatives in Richard's 'awful tasting' coffee....he sussed you out this time.

Times must be hard.....

Shall I organise a 'let's supplement Tikay's pension' whip round amongst our caring skypoker community?
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight, I shall be mainly playing...... : It does not sound like you need much advice! Try watching the Show a few nights, there's some good advice on there, though swerve my nights! Also, try & look up the "Sky Poker School". This was only made a month or two ago, & featured Poker Tips, Advice, & Strategy, by Marty Smith, Neil Channing, & Roland de Wolfe. Roland has since won a WSOP Bracelet, in Vegas.  And the Producer of that Show, a young lady called Aisling Collins, took the advice from the Shows she Produced & went & won the World Ladies Poker Open, & $50,000 to go with it! So there's a lot of Learning Resource here, you just have to spend a little time learning the ropes. If you have any specific questions, Post them on the Poker Strategy Board, & the answers will come in thick & fast. Our guys like to help fellow Players - they really do. Good Luck.
    Posted by Tikay10

thanks very much for the advice much appreciated am enjoying sky poker very good site i do have 1 more question though how can i find out if there is a sky poker live tourney near me so i can get some much needed experience  cheers
    edited June 2009

It's my PTP night tonight (Tuesday 23rd), so I'm playing as "Tikay10" tonight, & have entered  the 8.15 Deepy & the 9pm Openy.

So that's £16.50 invested, & I'm due a cash, as the Cat needs feeding.

Hope to see a few of you there - I will play some Cash Tables before & after the Tourneys.
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight, I shall be mainly playing...... :    thanks very much for the advice much appreciated am enjoying sky poker very good site i do have 1 more question though how can i find out if there is a sky poker live tourney near me so i can get some much needed experience  cheers
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    You are most welcome Mr Bandit Sir.

Sky Poker have just finished a very successful UK Tour, & so until they decide if & when they will do another, (fingers crossed!) I can't help with your question.

As a matter of interest, where do you live?
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight, I shall be mainly playing...... : You are most welcome Mr Bandit Sir. Sky Poker have just finished a very successful UK Tour, & so until they decide if & when they will do another, (fingers crossed!) I can't help with your question. As a matter of interest, where do you live?
    Posted by Tikay10

I live in Morecambe nearest main city to me would be Manchester  via preston   so if anyone on the forum knows of any live tourney's near me let me know

cheers
  • silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited June 2009
    The 4k GTD @ 9pm. Been playing a lot more of these longer blinds tourneys recently & been doing better than usual so maybe I've found my type of game at last?

Anyhow, as I won my seat I can sit back & enjoy.
    edited June 2009
    It's my PTP night tonight (Tuesday 23rd), so I'm playing as "Tikay10" tonight, & have entered  the 8.15 Deepy & the 9pm Openy. So that's £16.50 invested, & I'm due a cash, as the Cat needs feeding. Hope to see a few of you there - I will play some Cash Tables before & after the Tourneys.
    Posted by Tikay10[/QUOTE

Hi tikay, i thought you were playing in 9pm. Your on skypoker tonight.
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight, I shall be mainly playing...... :
    It's my PTP night tonight (Tuesday 23rd), so I'm playing as "Tikay10" tonight, & have entered  the 8.15 Deepy & the 9pm Openy. So that's £16.50 invested, & I'm due a cash, as the Cat needs feeding. Hope to see a few of you there - I will play some Cash Tables before & after the Tourneys. Posted by Tikay10[/QUOTE Hi tikay, i thought you were playing in 9pm. Your on skypoker tonight.
    Posted by Grigg
    Hi Grigg,

"The League Final" you saw on Sky Poker this evening was recorded last night (Monday) before the Monday Night Live Show. Those Shows you see on Tuesdays & Wednesdays are recorded, variously, on Thursday, Sunday, & Monday, before the Live Show. The 9pm Shows Thursday to Monday inclusive are all Live. That's proper Live. like!

I did play the 9pm Open tonight - but you'd have missed me if you blinked. I exited embarrassingly early when I slow-played A-Q, & check-Raised my oppo all-in on the end with my Top 2 Pair. I knew he had nothing, see? Except the Nut straight.....

I did not fare much better in the Deepstack either. Never hit a hand or a Flop all night. I eventually made a move for 4k (Blinds 200-400 with K-5, & got accommodated by two players, one of whom had 2-9. Oops.

Variance is a beast sometimes, & a thing of beauty other times.

Hey-ho.

Luckily, I nicked a few bob in the Cash Game, £16 I think, which pretty much paid for the Evening.

edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight, I shall be mainly playing...... : Hi Grigg, "The League Final" you saw on Sky Poker this evening was recorded last night (Monday) before the Monday Night Live Show. Those Shows you see on Tuesdays & Wednesdays are recorded, variously, on Thursday, Sunday, & Monday, before the Live Show. The 9pm Shows Thursday to Monday inclusive are all Live. That's proper Live. like! I did play the 9pm Open tonight - but you'd have missed me if you blinked. I exited embarrassingly early when I slow-played A-Q, & check-Raised my oppo all-in on the end with my Top 2 Pair. I knew he had nothing, see? Except the Nut straight..... I did not fare much better in the Deepstack either. Never hit a hand or a Flop all night. I eventually made a move for 4k (Blinds 200-400 with K-5, & got accommodated by two players, one of whom had 2-9. Oops. Variance is a beast sometimes, & a thing of beauty other times. Hey-ho. Luckily, I nicked a few bob in the Cash Game, £16 I think, which pretty much paid for the Evening.   
    Posted by Tikay10

You not playing tonight Master Tikay? Got rabbited as usual in the 9.30 1k Bounty Hunter. It's a fix. Lol