You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Tonight, I shall be mainly playing......

Comments

• maximus66maximus66 Member Posts: 81
    edited June 2009
    not to dad a night really.......

the £100 & £300 gtd's wernt to succesfull

but,

came 8th in the velocity for £42.90

and then 10th in the deep stack when i ran AJ into 10s,but still got £12 return.

not a bad night then!!

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight, I shall be mainly playing......:
    not to dad a night really....... the £100 & £300 gtd's wernt to succesfull but, came 8th in the velocity for £42.90 and then 10th in the deep stack when i ran AJ into 10s,but still got £12 return. not a bad night then!!  
    Posted by maximus66
    That's a great example of variance Mr Max.

By spreading your risk across several Tourneys, you give yourself a better chance of turning a profit. Tournament Poker is 100% about variance.

I did PTP on Thursday, & done my money in the 5-00, but a nice cash in the Deepstack sent me to bed in profit. Happy days.
    edited June 2009

I'm doing Play The Presenter this evening (Monday 8th June) & have registered for the 8.15 SleepyStacky, & the 9pm Bounty Hunter, so that's £17 invested.

From 7pm until about 8pm, I'll be playing a selection of cash Tables, & I'll return to the Cash Tables after I exit the Tourneys.

Hope to see a few of you on the Tables, or on the Rail, in the Chat-Box. Remember, if you cannot, or don't want to, play any Tourneys, you are most welcome to just chill in the Chat Box.

The Default Setting for the Chat-Box has it at the bottom of the Table, very small, but you can enlarge it considerably, which makes it much more user-friendly, by going to "OPTIONS" & ticking "Enlarge Chat-Box".

Note, though, that there is no chat facility in Mini-View Mode if playing several Tables - you'd be too busy to chat anyway! - so if I'm not chatting, it's because I'm multi-Tabling on mini-View.  
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight, I shall be mainly playing...... : That's a great example of variance Mr Max. By spreading your risk across several Tourneys, you give yourself a better chance of turning a profit. Tournament Poker is 100% about variance. I did PTP on Thursday, & done my money in the 5-00, but a nice cash in the Deepstack sent me to bed in profit. Happy days.
    Posted by Tikay10
    it was especially pleasing in the velocity because at one point i went down to 195 chips!!! then hit almost every hand i got dealt and within 45 mins i was upto 70,000!!!! very happy days!!!!
  • RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited June 2009
    The Default Setting for the Chat-Box has it at the bottom of the Table, very small, but you can enlarge it considerably, which makes it much more user-friendly, by going to "OPTIONS" & ticking "Enlarge Chat-Box".
    Posted by Tikay10
    Another thing I find handy is to select 'chat only' in the drop down menu underneath the chatbox. If there's a lot of conversation it's much easier to follow it this way. And if you need to check what happened in a hand poker-wise, you can always click back to 'full detail' temporarily and 'scroll lock' to go back through the last few moments.
    edited June 2009
    playing in the:

deep stack at 8.15pm

bounty hunter at 9pm

velocity at 10pm

lets hope for a good night!!!!

edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight, I shall be mainly playing...... : Another thing I find handy is to select 'chat only' in the drop down menu underneath the chatbox. If there's a lot of conversation it's much easier to follow it this way. And if you need to check what happened in a hand poker-wise, you can always click back to 'full detail' temporarily and 'scroll lock' to go back through the last few moments.
    Posted by RichOrford
    Good shout Rich. By selecting "CHAT ONLY" it gets rid of all the hand details, which tend to clog up the Chat-Box. The Chat-Box is exactly that then - 100% Chat.
    edited June 2009
    nightmare in the deep stack and bounty hunter!!

lost internet connection for around 30mins, which means i had to push like mad in bounty!! was going ok, upto 7000 chips then ran A10 into A7 and he hit the 7.

Then ran AJ into 7s in deep stack and the 7s held up.

lets hope i can make some money back in the velocity!!!
    edited June 2009
    playing the usual deeptack and velocity tonight.

lets hope i keep my net connection all night tonight!!!!!!
  • RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited June 2009
    OK, I'm currently limbering up for my Play The Presenter session this evening.

I've definitely signed up for the 8.15pm Deep Stack so I can once again outlast Tikay (he hates that) and I've also bought in to the Open.

I'm on form for the Open, as the last time I played it  I cashed for £59.

I think my best finish is 19th, but that must have been at least a year ago, and normally I can't cash in this event to save my life.

All of that will change tonight of course ;)

Come and say hello in the chatbox. My alias is the astoundingly cryptic 'RichOrford'.

Hope to see you at the tables...
  • DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited June 2009
    Tonight i will be playing in my own monthly poker league,at my mates house
    we have 10 players all adding £10 to the kitty £5 go's in a prize pool for the night and £5 go's in the bank.
    then the winner of the league over 10 games gets to use the money to buy in to a big live cash game(£500) and any money he gets is shared between us all,good eh?
    edited June 2009
    OK, I'm currently limbering up for my Play The Presenter session this evening. I've definitely signed up for the 8.15pm Deep Stack so I can once again outlast Tikay (he hates that) and I've also bought in to the Open. I'm on form for the Open, as the last time I played it  I cashed for £59. I think my best finish is 19th, but that must have been at least a year ago, and normally I can't cash in this event to save my life. All of that will change tonight of course ;) Come and say hello in the chatbox. My alias is the astoundingly cryptic 'RichOrford'. Hope to see you at the tables...
    Posted by RichOrford
    How would you know I hate that? - it ain't gonna happen!

I finished 5th last night. Remind me where you finished, Rich. Hello? HELLO? Rich, are you there? Hello?
  • MBroughtonMBroughton Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2009
    9pm Bounty Hunter. Come get some! :)
  • MBroughtonMBroughton Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2009
    9pm Bounty Hunter. Come find me! (Oh and other cash and tourney gubbins!)
    M
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited June 2009
    tonight i will be mainly playing NUTTERS---LOL
  • tikay1tikay1 Member Posts: 741
    edited June 2009

Am going to give the 5-00 a go, (9pm) & the Deepstack at 8.15.

Rich Orford is in both, too. 

Who will Last-Longer in both? Yes, that's obvious, but I'll play with one eye closed, to give him a chance. 

In fact, I'll give him an aggregate 50 place start, (finishing positions in both Comps added together) & still beat him.

Good Luck to all who play tonight. See you there.
  • JPDERRYJPDERRY Member Posts: 112
    edited June 2009
    five 00 ,iam skint 3p in account on bad run,lets turn it around kids,always do well playing 1 mtt while skint,
    edited June 2009

Rich finished 132nd in the 5-00, & 61st in the Deepstack. So that's an aggregate of 193.

I finished 222nd in the 5-00, (sigh), & 8th in the Deepstack. So an aggregate of 230.

Take away the 50 start, that puts me on 180, so I won by 13 places. 
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited June 2009
    Rich finished 132nd in the 5-00, & 61st in the Deepstack. So that's an aggregate of 193. I finished 222nd in the 5-00, (sigh), & 8th in the Deepstack. So an aggregate of 230. Take away the 50 start, that puts me on 180, so I won by 13 places. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Don't mean to brag but i finished 43rd in the 500 and 10th in the sleepstak = 53:)

come on presenters get your act together imo. hehe

• shuffle62shuffle62 Member Posts: 29
    edited June 2009
    Ah Tikay you do make me laugh... can i borrow your book on bridges some time?