You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Poker Tour 2013

Comments

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,556
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour 2013:
    SKY POKER TOUR 2013 THE ONLY TOUR WITH NO DATES , COME ALONG, HAVE A GREAT TIME, BRING YOUR GRANNY, 2PM START
    Posted by ctbn

LOL!

Rumour has it that there might be a SPT in AL's Bar this year*

*they will ask me the night before ofc so I do not know the date, before you ask.....
  • Options
    DollieDollie Member Posts: 706
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour 2013 : LOL! Rumour has it that there might be a SPT in AL's Bar this year* *they will ask me the night before ofc so I do not know the date, before you ask.....
    Posted by MAXALLY
    That'll be a rebuy then!!!
  • Options
    spudgun720spudgun720 Member Posts: 88
    edited January 2013
    Any News ?
  • Options
    SPTSPT Member Posts: 5,648
    edited January 2013
    No

As soon as I can announce the dates I will

Apologies for the frustrating delay, for which all will become clear in due course!
  • Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,682
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour 2013 : LOL! Rumour has it that there might be a SPT in AL's Bar this year* *they will ask me the night before ofc so I do not know the date, before you ask.....
    Posted by MAXALLY
    29th of next month so I've heard on the grapevine
  • Options
    lewisob726lewisob726 Member Posts: 13
    edited January 2013
      1st  APRIL   
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour 2013 : 29th of next month so I've heard on the grapevine
    Posted by cenachav

The Grapevine was shut last year.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,963
    edited January 2013

Good morning Gentlemen.

It's good to know you look forward to these SPT's.

Apologies for the delay, but we are changing some things this year, & we will let you know just as soon as everything is signed & sealed.

To a degree, it is "with others" but, fingers crossed, there may be some news in the next few days.  As you will infer from this, it is quite complicated. If we can broker the arrangements we are trying for, it will be worth the wait, imo.

As always, there will always be plenty of notice for SPT's. All things considered, I very much doubt there wil be an SPT in February now.

Your patience & understanding is appreciated.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Good morning Gentlemen. It's good to know you look forward to these SPT's. Apologies for the delay, but we are changing some things this year, & we will let you know just as soon as everything is signed & sealed. To a degree, it is "with others" but, fingers crossed, there may be some news in the next few days.  As you will infer from this, it is quite complicated. If we can broker the arrangements we are trying for, it will be worth the wait, imo. As always, there will always be plenty of notice for SPT's. All things considered, I very much doubt there wil be an SPT in February now. Your patience & understanding is appreciated.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks for keeping us up to date. I have copied the above over to Gen Poker Chat as the question has been asked every live show since Luton.
  • Options
    ctbnctbn Member Posts: 376
    edited January 2013
    Good morning Gentlemen. It's good to know you look forward to these SPT's. Apologies for the delay, but we are changing some things this year, & we will let you know just as soon as everything is signed & sealed. To a degree, it is "with others" but, fingers crossed, there may be some news in the next few days.  As you will infer from this, it is quite complicated. If we can broker the arrangements we are trying for, it will be worth the wait, imo. As always, there will always be plenty of notice for SPT's. All things considered, I very much doubt there wil be an SPT in February now. Your patience & understanding is appreciated.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks for the reply TK,,,, but patience is a thing thats gone, last Novenber 2013.
  • Options
    GatlingGobGatlingGob Member Posts: 101
    edited January 2013
    Aw well looks like first spt is going to be too close to apat in notts now which is rather frustrating but cant do it all
  • Options
    ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    edited January 2013

nice to see the south west has been catered for cheers sky 

• Options
    edited January 2013
    which venue in the south west that holds 200+ people would you like us to go to?

(I am assuming we're talking plymouth, exeter, torquay up as far as taunton)

thanks
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    which venue in the south west that holds 200+ people would you like us to go to? (I am assuming we're talking plymouth, exeter, torquay up as far as taunton) thanks
    Posted by SPT

Bristol can cover 200+

Cardiff was reasonable distance 

shore there are some in plym that could 

was looking forward to playing in one of the spt but to far    think sky have knocked this for alot of people with the venues that have been chosen 
  • Options
    madasawospmadasawosp Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Are these events qualify only or can you buy straight in?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Cardiff is not available this time round

Nowhere in Plymouth

Bristol? Sky had a bad experience there, though things are better nowadays I know

The South West is poorly served for venues capable of hosting to the standards we require

The venues are geographically spread. Central venues like Nottingham and Birmingham are accessible from anywhere in the country

London of course too, its really only Newcastle that is "regionally restrictive" of the English venues

Of course it hasn't "knocked it in" for Sky Poker players
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Are these events qualify only or can you buy straight in?
    Posted by madasawosp
    usually qualify only at the start, and then opened up to direct buy in close to the tournament date if seats remain
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    edited January 2013
    Why is there no SPT in North Hampshire please????

Grrrrrr
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Cardiff is not available this time round Nowhere in Plymouth Bristol? Sky had a bad experience there, though things are better nowadays I know The South West is poorly served for venues capable of hosting to the standards we require The venues are geographically spread. Central venues like Nottingham and Birmingham are accessible from anywhere in the country London of course too, its really only Newcastle that is "regionally restrictive" of the English venues Of course it hasn't "knocked it in" for Sky Poker players
    Posted by SPT

there not that accessible...poorly served for venues ? does not look like much work has been done checking this out as there are a fair few that could host with good standards

and it has knocked it for a fair number as the venues chosen are not that  accessible 

hopefully sky will look at this for 2014 and make it more accessible 

anyway gl with the tour and gl to all those that get to go 
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    edited January 2013
    There's lots of nice fields and in Basingstoke we have a decent sized park which is probably a bit under utilized as it currently gets used for the mayor's firework fiesta, 'balloons over Basingstoke' and a music event called  Basingstoke Live (a contradiction in terms prob) and not much else so we could have 'Hold 'em in Hampshire' or even poker in the park.