You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,332
    edited November 2012
    Tomorrow at Cheltenham

I have a sneaky feeling on Double Dizzy 33-1. Last year in this race or one very much like it it was going all out the winner until taken off course by another horse.

More hopeful is Jewel From The West in the last. Over course and Distance last time it came from back with run to go down just to Hunters Lodge. That race has been franked by Romanescu and Time For Spring and with the reverse in weights I am hoping the 8-1 jewel will reverse form. Only concern is my old favourite Amigayle is running. 
  • Options
    monaghan01monaghan01 Member Posts: 81
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    Tomorrow at Cheltenham I have a sneaky feeling on Double Dizzy 33-1. Last year in this race or one very much like it it was going all out the winner until taken off course by another horse. More hopeful is Jewel From The West in the last. Over course and Distance last time it came from back with run to go down just to Hunters Lodge. That race has been franked by Romanescu and Time For Spring and with the reverse in weights I am hoping the 8-1 jewel will reverse form. Only concern is my old favourite Amigayle is running. 
    Posted by vaigret
    good jockey on board jewel has to have a good chance
    i fancy duke of navan ew in the 2 25 and ruby has to have a decent chance in the first
  • Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited November 2012
    Morning All I'll do a write up on yesterday’s events shortly, I just need to get todays afternoons racing up first. 

Horses 

Cheltenham - My Cheltenham bets were placed last night so there may be a little difference in some of the prices today.  I’d already picked my selections when Vaigret put his 2 tips up but I’ve had a little on those as well as I’d be gutted if they won. 

1.15 Fingal Bay 5/4 - £40
    1.50 Silver Roque 6/1 - £20
    2.25 Dodging Bullets 5/4 - £40 (won returned £90)
    3.00 Orphee Des Blins 7/1 - £20 -  Double Dizzy - 33/1 £5ew
    3.35 Top Wood 5/1 - £20
    4.05 There's No Panic 7/1 - £20 - Jewel Of The West 8/1 £5ew 

Lingfield
    12.00 Archie Stevens 13/8
    12.30 Secret Missile 2/1 (won)
    1.35 Layali Dubai 7/4 (won)
    3.55 Mutual Regards 2/1(won)
    Six £20 Doubles (3 winning doubles paid £510)

2.45 - Mac Gille Eoin - 11/2 - £20 (won paid £130)

Newcaslte
    12.20 Gold Ability 7/2
    12.50 Aland Islands 6/4 (won)
    2.00 Ros Castle 7/4
    2.35 La Calinda 6/4
    Six £20 Doubles

Wolverhampton

4.15 Smart Daisy K 4/1
    4.45 Pavers Star 5/1
    6.15 Yarroom 9/4 (won)
    6.45 Contributer 2/1 (won)
    Six £20 doubles

Dundalk
    6.00 Queen Of The Sand 5/1
    6.30 Like Magic 7/2
    7.00 Rapid Approach 9/2
    7.30 Cape Glory 7/2
    Six £20 doubles

Football
    Over 2.5 goals
    Tranmere v MK Dons
    Barnet v Accrington
    Dundee United v Kilmarnock
    £30 treble returns £211.75

Darts

Dolan
    Newton
    Anderson
    Barney

£20 returns £127.79

Daily amount laid out = £710
    Daily Returns = £925
    Daily profit/loss = £215
    Monthly profit/loss = £-£434
    Total profit/loss = -£650.58
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2012

Rubbish that 2 of the 4 live races have v short faves :(

Had to go for just an ew double....

1.50 - Free World - 10/1

3.00 - Sizing Aus - 11/2 

£3.02 ew double @ 70/1!

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Oh dear. that's the problem with bets like that, 1 donkey and it's all down.

Stick to L15s dohhhhh!

small e/w single on the Father V tip @ 3pm for interest. 
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Yetserday was another losing day, only £68.45 in the end but it could have been much worse, lucky in a way it wasn’t nearer the £500 mark so I’ll take that. 

Snooker and darts bet went down straight away; I’d been talking Van Gerwen up all day and as my acca was down decided to stick £40 on him.  He’s the most in form player in the world right now, playing some fantastic darts, like he proved last night.  When was the last time Taylor hit an 104 average and lost???  He destroyed Taylor last night I only wish I had put more on him. 

Racing is really annoying me at the moment, keeping faith with 4 selections from each meeting, and having six £20 doubles, I keep getting a double up and a third horse in second, if I could just get three first places id eat into the losses I’m showing right now. 

As I type this I’ve had 2 winners at Lingfield and I just know the last horse will finish second.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Updated todays post with my darts and football bets, not been a bad day, cant finish down now with quite a few £££'s worth of bets still going on.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Noticed you backed a couple of horses I put up shuv, you know when i post them I get more losers than winners LOL
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Noticed you backed a couple of horses I put up shuv, you know when i post them I get more losers than winners LOL
    Posted by vaigret
    Yeah seem to have that problem myself, was doing much better before I started putting my selections in this diary, finally had a winning day today tho, to tired to update now tho so will do it in the morning
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited November 2012
    Yetserday was another losing day, only £68.45 in the end but it could have been much worse, lucky in a way it wasn’t nearer the £500 mark so I’ll take that.   Snooker and darts bet went down straight away; I’d been talking Van Gerwen up all day and as my acca was down decided to stick £40 on him.   He’s the most in form player in the world right now, playing some fantastic darts, like he proved last night.   When was the last time Taylor hit an 104 average and lost???   He destroyed Taylor last night I only wish I had put more on him.   Racing is really annoying me at the moment, keeping faith with 4 selections from each meeting, and having six £20 doubles, I keep getting a double up and a third horse in second, if I could just get three first places id eat into the losses I’m showing right now.   As I type this I’ve had 2 winners at Lingfield and I just know the last horse will finish second.
    Posted by shuv
    i really wish you the best of luck with all your future punting but bookies love people like you, how can you bet on four races from each meeting and expect to turn over a regular profit?? the odds are stacked to heavily in the bookies favour.
  • Options
    goodylad21goodylad21 Member Posts: 693
    edited November 2012
    The rock talks alot of sense...how often do you ever have 3 winners at 1 meeting ??

Answer : Once in a blue moon

If you keep doing these bets often you will lose a FORTUNE !!

Someone who wins @ betting will have 2/3 selections a week, not backing on most sports EVERY day (its near impossible to win )

I have followed your diary everyday since it began & it is a good read, but be careful mate it will end in doom...
  • Options
    goodylad21goodylad21 Member Posts: 693
    edited November 2012

Shuv google 'Totelfootball' i found this site last week & is great fun, if you love your Saturday footy which you do, then you will love this !!

GL Goody

• Options
    edited November 2012
    The rock talks alot of sense...how often do you ever have 3 winners at 1 meeting ?? Answer : Once in a blue moon If you keep doing these bets often you will lose a FORTUNE !! Someone who wins @ betting will have 2/3 selections a week, not backing on most sports EVERY day (its near impossible to win ) I have followed your diary everyday since it began & it is a good read, but be careful mate it will end in doom...
    Posted by goodylad21
    You both talk a lot of sense but it depends on what you are doing it for, too beat the bookies!!! there are very few who do this even if they only have 2 or 3 selections a week. I bet for the buzz and I assume shuv does to although I have to say the size of his stakes worry me. Perhaps that is because I am a poor pensioner!

I play poker on this site for the buzz and the friends I have made here and I am certainly not a good poker player. Having said that I have been very lucky in that in the last year my two buzz hobbies have meant I haven't had to deposit any funds into my two accounts for over a year now. Not bad a buzz for £20 a year.  

It will probably turn but at the mo I am just enjoying and keeping my fingers crossed.

Moral of the story -You can have fun, even if you look like an idiot!!!
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : You both talk a lot of sense but it depends on what you are doing it for, too beat the bookies!!! there are very few who do this even if they only have 2 or 3 selections a week. I bet for the buzz and I assume shuv does to although I have to say the size of his stakes worry me. Perhaps that is because I am a poor pensioner! I play poker on this site for the buzz and the friends I have made here and I am certainly not a good poker player. Having said that I have been very lucky in that in the last year my two buzz hobbies have meant I haven't had to deposit any funds into my two accounts for over a year now. Not bad a buzz for £20 a year.   It will probably turn but at the mo I am just enjoying and keeping my fingers crossed. Moral of the story -You can have fun, even if you look like an idiot!!!
    Posted by vaigret
    the thread seems like it is to beat the bookies to me, i think it can by done by the way if u pick a sport where theres an edge ( ie not horse racing ) and stick with maybe 3 or 4 bets a week like goodylad says!!!

i love betting on the horses dont get me wrong but i do this for the fun, backing 12-14 horse races per day can and will only end in disaster!!
  • Options
    edited November 2012

I agree, have 1 bet....

stick the whole £400 on...

Liverpool, Spurs, Southampton. 

@ 23/1 ;)

tbf, I'm sure shuv was using a similar strategy before starting this thread. Maybe he's going ott abit to try and make it entertaining (no need to) but he must have been doing similar bets/stakes etc before starting it. 

Ship the dollar tomorrow anyway!!!! Big win 1timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Morning Gents 

Firstly a quick recap on yesterday, finally had a much needed winning day, 3 winners at Lingfield giving me winning doubles giving me £390 profit at that meeting helped me to a daily profit of £215. 

Cheltenham was pretty disappointing, with only 1 winner, I had banked on both Fingal Bay and Dodging Bullets to win, then I was free rolling on the other races, but it wasn’t to be. Newcastle and Dundalk were also disappointing but a double up at Wolverhampton ensured I stayed in profit, always seem to do better at Lingfield and Wolverhampton maybe I should stick to betting there. The less said about my darts and football bets the better….. 

Right now on to your messages….. 

Firstly thank you for your concern, it is appreciated and I can see where you are coming from, especially if you read my post where I said I nearly lost my wife due to gambling, and the problems I use to have a few years ago. It may not seem like it but my betting has calmed down a **** of a lot now, I wouldn’t dare put £800 quid on a horse (saying that would love to put it on Grand Crus today but won’t) even tho back then £800 was 80% of my monthly wage. We are in a much more comfortable situation now, we came into some money, I was able to quit my job as a porter, I work from home now, I enjoy my job, my wife quit her part time job and is currently at University, we live comfortably without money worries and I do only bet what I can afford to lose, if it got to a certain amount in a month I’d lost, I’d like to think I would be able to stop for the month. 

Do I do it to beat the bookies or for the buzz, well of course I’d  like to win but it’s the buzz that drags me back in time after time, I’ve mentioned the fruit machines before, do you think I play them for the money?? Of course not, but the buzz of playing them, makes me keep going back, did well Wednesday night tho, only put £6 quid in before walking away J 

As far as betting on 4 races at each meeting and doing doubles, I take a look at a meeting say Lingfield you’ll know by now I like to do favourites or second favourites and short priced ones at that, so if I pick 4 horses priced between Even money and 2/1 I would expect 2 to come in yes, and if 2 comes in I sometimes make a small loss, sometimes a small win, should a 3rd come in that’s just a bonus and I make a nice win.  I should perhaps not do this at every meeting for the day, maybe pick 1 or 2 that I fancy the most.  

I follow a free tipping service on twitter, I use these tips sometimes but they tip a horse in every single race, they haven’t been going a year but are over 2000 points in profit.  I assume those reading this will know what that menus if not feel free to ask, and that’s pretty incredible since they are betting ever race, if you had done this to a £10 stake which they advise you would be 20k in profit. 

Right need to get todays horses up, racing has already started and I’m waffling on, not as many racing bets today (still quite a few) as will have footy on all afternoon, 

Cheltenham 
    12.45 Far West 7/4 £40 (won 15/8 returns £115)
    1.20 Sire Collonges 2/1 £40 (2nd)
    1.55 Problema Tic 8/1 £10ew (5th)
    2.35 Grand Crus 5/2 £40
    3.05 Themilanhorse 11/2 £20
    3.40 Tanerko Emery 11/2 £20

Punchestown 
    11.55 Mount Benbulben Evens (no where)
    2.10 Grange 7/4 (won)
    £20 Double 

Wetherby 
    12.40 Moulin De La Croix 5/2 (3rd)
    1.10 Twice Lucky 15/8 (no where)
    2.25 Mac Aeda 11/4 (no where)
    2.55 Deise Dynamo 11/8
    Six £20 Doubles 

Lingfireld 
    12.00 Merry Jaunt 4/1 (won)
    1.05 Bi nt Alzain 2/1 (2nd)
    2.15 Farraaj 7/4 (won)
    2.50 Dandy Boy 11/4
    Six £20 Doubles (1 double returned £275)

Wolverhampton
    6.50 La Danza 5/2
    7.50 Gworn 10/3
    8.20 Buona Fortuna 5/2
    9.20 Safarjal 10/3
    Six £20 Doubles 

Well the Punchestown bet is down before I’ve even posted, nice start in the Lingfield bet tho, will edit my football bets in shortly but need to get this posted.  

Football

Palace
    Crawley
    Gillingham 
    £30 Treble at 5.17/1 

Southampton
    Blackpool
    Coventry 
    £20 treble at 22.88/1 

United
    Bolton
    Leicester
    Bournemouth
    Swindon
    Fleetwood
    Grimsby
    Macclesfield
    Newport 
    £10 acca 21.45/1 

Blackpool
    Wolves
    Coventry
    Doncaster
    Notts County
    Cheltenham 
    £2 to be winning at half time pays £2056.32
    £2 to be winning at full time pays £486.47 

BTTS (just typing home team) 
    Newcastle
    Qpr
    Reading
    Burnley
    Huddersfield
    Forrest
    Colchester
    Portsmouth
    Shrewsbury
    Burton
    Gillingham
    Rotherham 
    £2 pays 1036.80

Birmingham
    Bolton
    Palace
    Watford
    Carlisle
    Hartlepool
    Preston
    Sheff Utd
    Chesterfield
    Fleetwood
    Portvale
    Rochdale 

£2 pays 1056.82 

Over 2.5 goals (just typing home team) 
    Man City
    Qpr
    West Brom
    Birmingham
    Bristol City
    Watford
    Crawley
    Shrewsbury
    Swindon
    AFC Wimbledon
    Bradford
    Burton 
    £2 pays £1234.84 

Liverpool
    Newcastle
    Reading
    Bolton
    Palace
    Forrest
    Carlisle
    Preston
    Sheff Utd
    Gillingham
    Port Vale
    Rotherham 
    £2 pays £1757.70 

Bristol City
    Burnley
    Cardiff
    Huddersfield
    Leicester
    Bournemouth
    Colchester
    Hartlepool
    Portsmouth
    Scunthorpe
    Chesterfield
    Fleetwood 
    £2 pays £1987.58

Newcaslte
    Westbrom
    Bolton
    Huddersfield
    Hartlepool
    Swindon
    AFC Wimbledon
    Port Vale 
    £5 pays 516.50

Good Luck to all having a bet 

Shuv

Edit

Internet been down all afternoon/early evening grrrrr had a few more bets, really fancies Gran Crus and had £40 on him, but had £5 ew on Al Ferof since i put him in my 10 to follow list and I would have been gutted should he win which he did :)(returned £60)

I put a fiver ew on the 2 horses Vaigret put up yesterday and they didnt win, he put one up today (ifandbutwhynot) so again had a fiver ew, it won today :)(Returned £60)

Football

Had my usual fiver on manu 3-2, it lost and had a tenner on Hernandez, that lost, but as a United fan im more gutted about the reult than the bets.

Darts
    All 4 favourites to win today, £30 returns £150.08, 3 have currently won all down on Van Gerwen.

Daily amount laid out = £754
    Daily Returns = £740.85
    Daily profit/loss = -£13.15
    Monthly profit/loss = £-£447.15
    Total profit/loss = -£663.73
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Shuv google 'Totelfootball' i found this site last week & is great fun, if you love your Saturday footy which you do, then you will love this !! GL Goody
    Posted by goodylad21
    Cheers ill take a look in a bit
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I agree, have 1 bet.... stick the whole £400 on... Liverpool, Spurs, Southampton.  @ 23/1 ;) tbf, I'm sure shuv was using a similar strategy before starting this thread. Maybe he's going ott abit to try and make it entertaining (no need to) but he must have been doing similar bets/stakes etc before starting it.  Ship the dollar tomorrow anyway!!!! Big win 1timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Not touching theese games, but hope this comes in, wouldnt surprise me if Liverpool let you down tho
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Well done on a good day yesterday. Swearing that I missed Mac Gille Eion, had it on my to follow list but concerned re draw. Another winner gone by the board LOL 
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Well done on a good day yesterday. Swearing that I missed Mac Gille Eion, had it on my to follow list but concerned re draw. Another winner gone by the board LOL 
    Posted by vaigret
    Thanks father, to be honest I have atr the races to thank me for backing that horse, one of the guests cant remember who now really fancied it.

Todays post has now been updated with my football bets.

Good Luck All