You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• Options
    mkgunnermkgunner Member Posts: 3,032
    edited November 2012
    done the same bet -3.5,gl
  • Options
    mkgunnermkgunner Member Posts: 3,032
    edited November 2012
    also done van gerwen checkout over 133.5  5/6
    and gerwen to average above 102.5  5/6
  • Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited November 2012
    the 3/1 you could get on Barney looking pretty big right now!!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    Highest checkout over 140.5 looks a good bet to me at 5/6, Van Gerwen should smash him, but got to admit I am a little tempted by the odds on Barney In other news werder Bremen went down to 10 men then scored so that bet comes down to Sevilla a little later on
    Posted by shuv
    Unfortunately wasnt tempted enough, at least the high checkout came in, won a whole tenner on the final.

Sevilla 2-0 up after 30 minute so should get the footy treble in leaving me with a small profit for the day.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Morning All, made a whooping £21.56 yesterday, but I suppose its better than losing.

Not that much to bet on today, only 3 meetings, no tennis or darts, a little footy later, so will be a relatively quiet day.

Horses

Going back to my doubles today but rather than pick 4 horses from a meeting and double them, im gonig to pick my best 4 horses across the 3 meetings and double them, and my next 4 and double them.

Plumpton - 12.50 Turn Over Sivola 4/6 (won)
    Plumpton -
    1.20 - Broadbackbob - 1/2 (won)
    Wolverhampton- 3.00 - Srinager Girl - 2/1
    Leicester - 3.10 - Croco Mister - 7/4
    Six £20 Doubles (1 double returned £50)

Leicester - 1.40 - Rano Pano - 7/2
    Wolverhampton -
    2.30 Claude Greenwood - 3/1
    Plumpton - Pacha D'Oudairies - 11/4
    Wolverhampton -
    5.00 Tartan Jura - 3/1
    Six £20 Doubles (all lost)

Football

Westham
    Roma
    Real Sociedad

£20 Treble at 6.13/1
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Not really sure whats gone on with the odds today, most of the horses I backed have gone off at muhc much much shorter odds, broadbackbob went of at 3/10 on and I backed him at 6/4, there wasnt any non runners in the race and he couldnt have been backed down that much, infact in the first bet all 4 horses were odds on by the off.

Losing day so far, with one double comming in, a couple of more bets on the horses been out all day so unable to watch so far, now im home wanna watch some racing.

3.40 - Kaylif Aramis - 9/4 £20
    3.50 - Mixoologist - 11/8  £40
    4.00 - Resteraunteur - 3/1 £20
    4.30 - Light Burst - 7/1 £20
    5.00 - Tartan Jura - 11/4 £40
    5.30 - BOA 12/1 £30ew (won returned £997.50)

Edited 5.25 - Awfull so far, tilitng a little having myself another £20ew on boa in the last race

Daily amount laid out = £460
    Daily Returns = £1047.50
    Daily profit/loss = £587.50
    Monthly profit/loss = £161.91
    Total profit/loss = -£54.67

• Options
    edited November 2012
    If i ever tell you don't bet tilted or don't chase your wins just ignore me :-) Tilt brings 25/1 winners, with a total on £30ew on it = show me the money :)

Hope someone else was on it, would love to take the credit but my last 6 picks all came from sportinglife, ok 5 of them flopped but they made up for it with the last.  Here's what they said

Verdict

Silverlord arrives on the back of a win at Dundalk and Gordon Elliot's charge should make another bold bid off a 4lb higher mark. C&D winner BOA went very close back over track and trip last month. The handicapper has given her a chance dropping her 2lb and with Shirley Teasdale's claim taking a further 5lb off her back, she gets the nod. Badea scored over track and trip earlier this month and is not out of this but the once-useful Merchant of Dubai continues his downward spiral and has been dropped another 3lb.

Thank You Thank You Thank You

Tilt???

The reason I was pi$$ed of wasn't so much the 5 losers in a row, the fact that I had only 2 winners in 12 £20 doubles it was because of oddschecker.com

I always use these when checking my bets, and this morning was like no other, IU said above about my odds being way out on the horses I backed and indeed they were, the horses were never that price, oddschecker.com had some sort of fault and all there markets were put up wrong (I text my mornning bets to a friend with a price he puts them on).

It meant my £20 winning double which I thought was on a 15/8 and 6/4 shot was actually on a 1/2 and 4/6 shot.  If id been given the true odds on the horses id backed id never had done those doubles.

Turns out its done me a favour as I would have stuck to a tenner each way on BOA if I hadn't been so annoyed about it.  Even better it drifted out from 12/1 to 25/1 when that happened thought I had no chance.

Be Lucky Peeps

• Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,799
    edited November 2012
    A nice piece of 'bad luck' there! Very nice result :)
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,332
    edited November 2012
    Well done mate

should lift you well into profit
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    A nice piece of 'bad luck' there! Very nice result :)
    Posted by goldnballz
    Thank you, i've moaned enough about my badluck on here so its nice to get some good bad luck and stop me moaning for a few days
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Well done mate should lift you well into profit
    Posted by vaigret
    Thank you, I'd rather have got into profit with a well worked out selection rather than going with a tilted bets on sportinglifes pick but im certainly not going to complain about it.

Its not exactly well into profit either im 91p in profit total lol, but considering I started the day at -£586.59 ill take that.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Tuesday 20th November 

Well yesterday was my most successful day since doing the diary in terms of profit, but I won’t go on about that too much as it was through luck not good judgment, but with a 20/1 winner Sunday and a 25/1 winner yesterday can I better that today??? Well no as I haven’t backed any at that big a price. 

Finally showing a profit for the diary even if it is less than a quid a profit is a profit and better than being £586.59 down. Anyway on to today… 

Horses 

Southwell 
    12.20 - Bocamix 12/1 £10 ew (won at 16/1 returned £220)
    12.50 - Captain Royale 9/1 £10ew (No Where)
    3.50 - General Tufto 12/1 £10ew 

Folkestone  
    2.10 - Wily Fox 13/2 £10ew (won returned £101.25)
    2.40 - Red Mile 8/1 £10ew (fell on the flat after being really well backed)

Folkestone 13.10 - Sir Fredlot 10/11 (lost)
    Southwell 2.20 - Seemenomore - 8/11(won)
    Fakenham 2.00 - First Fandango 4/5 (won)
    £40 treble 

Football 

Tranmere
    Sheffield United
    Portvale 
    £20 treble at 4.80/1 

Coventry
    Brentford
    Cheltenham 
    £10 Treble 40.36/1 

Northampton - Morecambe
    Chesterfield - Cheltenham
    Bradford - Plymouth
    Swindon - Brentford
    Sheffield United - Crewe
    Preston - Notts County
    Crawley - Yeovil
    Bournemouth v Stevenage 
    £10 over 2.5 goals pays £1009.38 

Benfica - Celtic
    Galatasary - Manu
    Juventus - Chelsea
    Valencia - Bayern Munich
    Preston - Notts County
    Shrewsbury - Mk Dons 

£10 BTTS pays £210.18

Also think the 21/20 you can get on Galatasary is a decent bet, it’s always a tough place to go, United have rested a few big names, they have already qualified and have just lost to Norwich, but being a United fan I won’t touch them.

Daily amount laid out = £190
    Daily Returns = £321.25
    Daily profit/loss = £131.25
    Monthly profit/loss = £293.16
    Total profit/loss = £76.58
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,564
    edited November 2012

Having a small (50p e/w) Patent on your 3 at Southwell today.

GL today mate! This could be the start of the turnaround.

'This time next year, we will be millionaires Rodney'
  • Options
    edited November 2012

GOOD START!!!!!! wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii 16/1....get in!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Having a small (50p e/w) Patent on your 3 at Southwell today. GL today mate! This could be the start of the turnaround. 'This time next year, we will be millionaires Rodney'
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Glad someobdy was on the first, exciting finish wasnt sure we had got there, won at 16/1 as well
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    So nice when your first horse comes in meaning your £30 in profit no matter what happens for the rest of the day, 1 more winner then were laughing
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Having a small (50p e/w) Patent on your 3 at Southwell today. GL today mate! This could be the start of the turnaround. 'This time next year, we will be millionaires Rodney'
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Second one looked good comming into final turn comftably second, was waiting for it to kick on but it found nothing and faded babdly
  • Options
    edited November 2012

We have still got the 3.50 

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,332
    edited November 2012
    On a roll Shuv

You know going for value works in the long run LOL
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,799
    edited November 2012
    Total chaos in the 1.30 at fakenham! Anyone see it???

The fav, benny the swinger (5/4 i think), was leading by a mile coming to the finish but the jockey took the wrong course & jumped another fence!!

The second fav, roc de guy (2/1) almost walked over the finish line & got done on the line by 17/2 shot peak seasons!!

You'd have been fuming if you were on either!!!