You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited November 2012
    **** it, missed the boat today.

Still working nights and backing the first of your selections which is running after i get up. Had a nice win on turn over sivola yesterday, cheers.

Got up at 11.45 today but only just crossed my mind to check this thread and i see i've missed out on a 16/1 shot..............aaarrrrgggghhhh.

Would only have been £5 e/w but still a nice return.

Be lucky

achill
  • Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    On a roll Shuv You know going for value works in the long run LOL
    Posted by vaigret
    It would appear that way...
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Total chaos in the 1.30 at fakenham! Anyone see it??? The fav, benny the swinger (5/4 i think), was leading by a mile coming to the finish but the jockey took the wrong course & jumped another fence!! The second fav, roc de guy (2/1) almost walked over the finish line & got done on the line by 17/2 shot peak seasons!! You'd have been fuming if you were on either!!!
    Posted by goldnballz
    I didnt watch it was ummmm on a toilet break lol, was on twitter tho and paddy power have tweeted that they will also pay out on benny the swinger as winner so that was good of them.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    **** it, missed the boat today. Still working nights and backing the first of your selections which is running after i get up. Had a nice win on turn over sivola yesterday, cheers. Got up at 11.45 today but only just crossed my mind to check this thread and i see i've missed out on a 16/1 shot..............aaarrrrgggghhhh. Would only have been £5 e/w but still a nice return. Be lucky achill
    Posted by achill
    Sorry you missed out today, will try and start things off with a nice winner tomorrow, knowing you back the first :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Morning on this wet and windy Wednesday, 21 November 2012 

A profitable day yesterday. Started well with a 16/1 winner nothing much after that other than a 13/2 winner but the first race alone ensured I was in profit for the day so that was nice.  In the last 3 days now been 20/1 25/1 and 16/1 winners.   

Football wasn’t particularly good, a little annoyed with myself because I really fancied Brentford and at 3/1 really didn’t need to put them in a treble a single bet would have been good enough, Galatasary won as I expected but as I said yesterday cant back against my own team. 

Heres the latest stats from yesterday

Daily amount laid out = £190
    Daily Returns = £321.25
    Daily profit/loss = £131.25
    Monthly profit/loss = £293.16
    Total profit/loss = £132.16

On to today… 
    Horses 
    Lingifield 
    1.00      - Club House 9/1 - £10ew
    2.00      - Custom House 9/1 - £10ew
    2.30 - Dungannon  7/1 - £10ew 

Hexham        
    2.40 - Funky Munky 8/1 - £10ew 

Kempton 
    4.30 - Fairyinthewind 13/2 - £10ew (second at 7/1 returned £27.50)

Hexham 12.40 Fine Kingdom 5/4
    Fairyhouse 1.15 Turban 8/11
    Lingfield 3.00 Aegus 5/4£30 treble 

Football 
    Pool Night tonight, 7 games left of the season and im 9th in the individual league averages, need to be top 8 to enter the cup at the end of season, were playing a team who has a guy who is currently 7th, should I play him and beat him I would go above him, its supposed to be random who you play but may try and fix this ;) Because it’s a big game only having a couple of bets on footy as I won’t be paying much attention to it. 

My usual over 2.5 goals in the 8 champions league games £5 pays £302.50 

PSG
    Madrid
    AC Milan
    Schalke 04 
    £10 pays £218.90

Daily amount laid out = £160
    Daily Returns = £27.50
    Daily profit/loss = -£132.50
    Monthly profit/loss = £160.66
    Total profit/loss = -£55.92

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,566
    edited November 2012

Had a 50p E/W patent on your 3 at Lingfield.

Pool.....good luck tonight in that! I am vice chairman of our League and love my Thirsty Thursdays out with the lads! I don't play as much as I used to but can still give anyone a good game. I am more of a grinder nowadays rather than trying to pot them off the lampshade. I did win the doubles merits (I was obv carried) two years ago though :)

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Achill I hope you got up late today and wasnt on that favourite, very poor showing, dunno why I do theese trebles never get one in.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Had a 50p E/W patent on your 3 at Lingfield. Pool.....good luck tonight in that! I am vice chairman of our League and love my Thirsty Thursdays out with the lads! I don't play as much as I used to but can still give anyone a good game. I am more of a grinder nowadays rather than trying to pot them off the lampshade. I did win the doubles merits (I was obv carried) two years ago though :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Good luck with your patent,

I do love my pool my biggest problem is the juice, ill be leaving my house at 5.30 and be in a pub by 5.40, game does'nt kick off till 8pm and the captain insists on playing me towards the end, no idea why since im  the only one who gets pi$$ed be much better playing me at the start, Ive only lost 2.0 once this season but a couple of dodgy draws still my win rate aint too bad at 71%.

Well done on winning the doubles

Shuv
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,332
    edited November 2012
    Interested in

1.40 Hexham -Flicka Williams 14-1 and Grimwith 50-1 as little bit of form with easy winner Ifandbutwhynot -small stakes

1.30 Lingfield- Vale of Lingfield backed from 14's into 9's 
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Interested in 1.40 Hexham -Flicka Williams 14-1 and Grimwith 50-1 as little bit of form with easy winner Ifandbutwhynot -small stakes 1.30 Lingfield- Vale of Lingfield backed from 14's into 9's 
    Posted by vaigret
    Got here too late for the lingfield one but had 5ew on flicka and 2.50ew on grimwith
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Got here too late for the lingfield one but had 5ew on flicka and 2.50ew on grimwith
    Posted by shuv
    shame I didnt get here a few minutes later..... :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Sorry shuv,

They weren't mean't to be great tips just horses that I had to do with the form line I had worked out and if I don't put them up before they run dear old Bellpoker has a friendly jib at me.

Having said that it looks like Flika Williams is being ridden to give it a very good handicap rating and could be one to follow as never put into the race until too late and then very tendily ridden into closing fifth. 

Pity I couldnt give you the 125-1 winner!!!!!! of the race

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Sorry shuv, They weren't mean't to be great tips just horses that I had to do with the form line I had worked out and if I don't put them up before they run dear old Bellpoker has a friendly jib at me. Having said that it looks like Flika Williams is being ridden to give it a very good handicap rating and could be one to follow as never put into the race until too late and then very tendily ridden into closing fifth.  Pity I couldnt give you the 125-1 winner!!!!!! of the race
    Posted by vaigret
    The 150/1 3rd would have done me :) and dont be silly no need to be sorry, you didnt make me back them and I only did small stakes
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    2.40 - funky munky is a non runner so putting the £20 on the fav at 9/4
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Not a very good day yesterday, but more on that later running late today and need to get todays racing selections up, but with 3 meeting abandoned rather imited to what we can bet on today.

None of my selections today are my own picks I must point out, just havent had the time to take a look today, so im using a twitter tipster that I've mentioned before.

Market Rasen
    12.40 Westlin' Winds 9/4 - £30 (won returned £97.50)
    1.10 Uxizandre 10/11 £30

1.40 Changing Times 8/11 £30 (won returned £51.82)

2.10 Mister Hyde 7/4 £60 (won returned £165)

2.40 Likearollingstone 7/2 £30 (won at 8/1!! returned £270)

3.10 Billy Cuckoo 7/4 £40

3.40 Dark Energy 11/4 £20 (won at 4/1! returned £100)

Meydan
    2.30 Surfer 8/11 £50
    (won returned £86.36) 3.00 Formal Demand 5/1 £203.35 Ganas 3/1 £40 (won at 10/3 returned £173.33)4.10 Art Of War 12/1 £10ew4.45 Nationalism 6/1 £20ew5.20 Busker 8/1 £10ew

Daily amount laid out = £470
    Daily Returns = £944.01
    Daily profit/loss = £474.01
    Monthly profit/loss = £634.67
    Total profit/loss = £418.09
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2012
    Bet 365 keep giving me free bets!

That can't possibly be a good thing!!! :(

Anyway gonna give them their fiver back today @ Meydan.

L15! 

• Options
    edited November 2012
    shuv,

Bet you are pi ssed off with Alan King re Uxizandre.

Not as much as me as I really fancied The Mumper after its run behind Turn Over Sivola and I missed the thing. 8-1 what a price !!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Wiiiiiiiiii I went big (for me) and had £25 on Mister Hyde.

Also put a L15 on for Meydan

3pm Formal demand
    4.10 Art of War
    4.45 Nationalism
    5.20 Busker
  • Options
    edited November 2012

looks like you are having a good day so far shuv...WD.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    looks like you are having a good day so far shuv...WD.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Yeah been a fantastic start untill you said that lol Formal demand didnt run too well, but good luck with the other 3 and glad your big bet came in for you tho...Cant believe likearollingstone went of at 8/1 fantastic price and 4 outta 5 at Market Rasen, the only one to lose ran at odds of 1/2!!