You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    Im due a winner so having an extra £10 ew On Princess Kheleyf in 5.10 wolverhampton at 12/1
    Posted by shuv
    lol maybe not missed the start and wasnt in the race at all, oh well of to pub
    edited January 2013
    Jan 1st totals

Daily amount laid out = £1110
    Daily Returns = £877.95
    Daily profit/loss = -£232.05
    Monthly profit/loss = £-232.05
    Total profit/loss = £3325.07

Jan 2nd totals

Daily amount laid out = £900
    Daily Returns = £382.50
    Daily profit/loss = -£517.50
    Monthly profit/loss = £-749.55
    Total profit/loss = £2807.57

As you cn see Horrid Horrid start to the month, was really looking forward to the three all weather meetings yesterday but only 1 winner, was a shocking day.  I lost £247.50 New Years eve as well so over a grand in 3 days.

I will turn it around tho, hopfully starting today.
    edited January 2013
    Jan 3rd

Ayr

12.30 - Harry the Lemmon 5/2 £20 (2nd)
    13.00 - Nuts N Bolts 5/1 £10 (No Where)
    13.30 - Sergeant Pink 2/1 £20 (won at 3/1 returned £80)
    14.00 - Dannanceys Hill 3/1 £20 (No Where)
    14.30 - Rowan Road 6/4 £40 (2nd)
    15.00 - Seven Is Lucky 7/2 £20 (No Where)
    15.30 - Ballyben 3/1 £20 (3rd)

Thurles

12.55 - Peinora 5/1 £10 (2nd)
    13.25 - Foiledubh 9/4 £10 (2nd)
    13.55 - Gailanna 12/1 £10ew (No Where)
    14.25 - Coolnagorna Giggs 6/1 £10ew (No Where)
    14.55 - Native Court 7/1 £10ew (No Where)
    15.25 - Do The Bookies 11/1 £10ew (No Where)
    15.55 - In The Gate 6/1 £10 (3rd)

(lots of big odds on favourites at Thurles hence the small stakes)

L:ingfield

12.50 - Dancing Freddy 11/2 £20 (3rd)
    13.20 - Mambo Spirit 12/1 £10ew (despite being backed into 6/1 ran like a 50/1 shot)
    13.50 - Petitie Georgia 4/1 £20 (No Where)
    14.20 - Cayuga 7/2 £20 NR so changed it too Sheilas Buddy (No Where)
    14.50 - Grand Theft Equine 2/1 £20 (2nd)
    15.20 - Russin Ice 11/2 £20 (No Where)
    15.50 - Bussa Evens £50 (won returned £100)

Wolverhampton

13.35 - Lady Calantha 6/1 £10 (last)
    14.05 - Whiteflats 50/1 £5ew (top 2 only) (last)
    14.35 - Windforpower 9/4 £20 (2nd)
    15.05 - Illustrious Forest 11/8 £40 (won returned £95)
    15.35 - Harry Hunt 4/1 £20 (No Where)
    16.05 - Justcallmehandosme 4/1 £40 (No Where)
    16.35 - Dhhamaan 9/1 £10ew (won at 11/1 returned £157.50)

Meydan

14.30 - Blue Sea 3/1 £20 (won £80 returned)
    15.05 - Innocuous 5/2 £20 (No Where)
    15.40 - Royatty 5/1 £20 (2nd)
    16.15 - Related 9/1 £20ew (No Where)
    16.50 - Strom belt 7/1 £20ew (No Where)
    17.25 - Mezyadd 33/1 £10ew (No Where)

Daily amount laid out = £750
    Daily Returns = £512.50
    Daily profit/loss = -£237.50
    Monthly profit/loss = £-987.05
    Total profit/loss = £2570.07
    edited January 2013
    Sorry about the italics in above post pressed something on keyboard that turned it all into it, when I highlight it and click the italics button nothing happens so cant change it back.
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited January 2013
    Sorry about the italics in above post pressed something on keyboard that turned it all into it, when I highlight it and click the italics button nothing happens so cant change it back.
    Posted by shuv
    Copy. Paste into word document. Alter font. Copy and paste back into here. 1 min job ! 

With posts as big as yours I'd be writing them all in word to start with to avoid the tilting popup things! 

Never seen you have a bet on cricket, is that just because there's not been much on through the day (england in asia, aussies at home etc mean a.m starts) or you just not bothered?

Loads coming up with 2 ashes series this year, you gonna be having a go? 

edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Copy. Paste into word document. Alter font. Copy and paste back into here. 1 min job !  With posts as big as yours I'd be writing them all in word to start with to avoid the tilting popup things!  Never seen you have a bet on cricket, is that just because there's not been much on through the day (england in asia, aussies at home etc mean a.m starts) or you just not bothered? Loads coming up with 2 ashes series this year, you gonna be having a go? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah I've lost many a post to the **** pop ups, luckily you don't get many in the morning when I tend to do my bigger posts.

I did use to write my posts in word, and copy them here, but soon as I hit the submit button it sent everything into one big block of text.  It took forever editing it into paragraphs and sorting everything into lists like I do.

Cricket, im not the biggest fan to be honest, I couldn't watch a county test match, but I do watch Englands test matches, when it comes to England I'll watch anything including bowls.

I do like T20 and if sky are showing a match ill watch the odd game.

Really looking forward to the ashes, despite not being a fan of test cricket, I rate the ahses as one of my favourite events along with the Ryder cup and Mosconi cup.

As far as betting goes it would be pretty much like my rugby bet the other day I'd be going on odds rather than what I know, especially when it comes to team that aren't England.  Will deffo be having a few ashes bets tho, and from your diary I know your a big cricket fan so if there's any bets you ever fancy put them in here and im bound to have a go
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited January 2013

Small win patent on...

5.25 Mey.
    1.50 Ling.
    2.20 Ling.

Couldn't not back Lager time! ;)
    edited January 2013
    Six races down already had 3 seconds and a third, guess my luck aint gunna chnage today
    edited January 2013
    Small win patent on... Karma Chameleon @ 5/1  Lager Time @ 4/1 Sheila's Buddy @ 11/2 5.25 Mey. 1.50 Ling. 2.20 Ling. Couldn't not back Lager time! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Nice Start
    edited January 2013
    Six seconds now sighsssss
  • engyengy Member Posts: 723
    edited January 2013
    shuv i absolutely love reading this diary i really do and i dont like sounding like a doom and gloom merchant. but betting like this with the amount of bets you have each day i cant see it ending well. i hope im wrong bud but ive never known anyone who has this amount of bets a day be profitable
  • vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,363
    edited January 2013
    shuv i absolutely love reading this diary i really do and i dont like sounding like a doom and gloom merchant. but betting like this with the amount of bets you have each day i cant see it ending well. i hope im wrong bud but ive never known anyone who has this amount of bets a day be profitable
    Posted by engy
    At the start I tended to agree with you engy but shuv is proving us wrong at the mo and long may it contnue.

He is doing better than I thought for the simple reason that unlike a lot of us he doesnt do many multiple bets and his staking plan is pretty good too.

Go shuv GO
  • andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Yeah I've lost many a post to the **** pop ups, luckily you don't get many in the morning when I tend to do my bigger posts. I did use to write my posts in word, and copy them here, but soon as I hit the submit button it sent everything into one big block of text.  It took forever editing it into paragraphs and sorting everything into lists like I do. Cricket, im not the biggest fan to be honest, I couldn't watch a county test match, but I do watch Englands test matches, when it comes to England I'll watch anything including bowls. I do like T20 and if sky are showing a match ill watch the odd game. Really looking forward to the ashes, despite not being a fan of test cricket, I rate the ahses as one of my favourite events along with the Ryder cup and Mosconi cup. As far as betting goes it would be pretty much like my rugby bet the other day I'd be going on odds rather than what I know, especially when it comes to team that aren't England.  Will deffo be having a few ashes bets tho, and from your diary I know your a big cricket fan so if there's any bets you ever fancy put them in here and im bound to have a go
    Posted by shuv

farther are we going to let SHUV get away with having a pop at bowls,lol
    edited January 2013
    Posted by engy
    Hi,

First Im glad your enjoying the diary, its doing much better than I expected it to do, I didnt know if anybody would be interested in it, and wasnt expecting as much interaction as what there has been so well pleased with that.

Thank you for your concern as well, at the start of the diary people voiced similar concerns, and I wasnt betting as much then, I did agree with them and did cut down for a couple of days (lol)

I've had 3 or 4 bad days in a row now it was bound to happen i said it would happen, but im still well in profit so for now im happy going along as I am, should all the profit go and i start eating into my own money then maybe ill take a look at things and cut back a little.

Once upon a time I wouldn't have stopped and I would have got into trouble, but I have kids now and i will only bet with money I can afford to lose.

The only money I really spend is going to the pub and gambling, im not a materialistic person, I have 1 pair of trainers and 1 pair of shoes, I get clothes for birthday and Christmas don't buy any all year round, I don't smoke I don't drive.  So i just use the money I save from all of that to fund my little hobby.
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : At the start I tended to agree with you engy but shuv is proving us wrong at the mo and long may it contnue. He is doing better than I thought for the simple reason that unlike a lot of us he doesnt do many multiple bets and his staking plan is pretty good too. Go shuv GO
    Posted by vaigret
    Cheers father, been a testing few days, but tomorrow is another day and all theese 2nd place finishes will be turned into winners :)
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : farther are we going to let SHUV get away with having a pop at bowls,lol
    Posted by andybuck
    lol oops I do appologise, I actually do enjoy watching it, and looking forward to 20 years time when ill be old enough to start playing it :)
  • tripleb684tripleb684 Member Posts: 32
    edited January 2013
    I am really annoyed with myself, I went to the bookies just in time for the last race at wolves, I knew what you had picked as I backed this horse last time out, then commited the cardinal sin off gambling and changed my mind at the last minute, then watched it stroll home! fml!! Then backed 3-2 either team in the Edinburgh derby, obv. 0-0 draw haha
  • TINTINTINTIN Member Posts: 1,612
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : lol oops I do appologise, I actually do enjoy watching it, and looking forward to 20 years time when ill be old enough to start playing it :)
    Posted by shuv
    dont diss da bowls now*

lol at the old enough comment.

ma sister is just back from the world champs outdoors in australia where she won the world title for the fours and bronze in the triples at the grand old age of 26.

ive played for many a year myself to no standard but because its the only place where i live that sells beer before 10am. good enough excuse as any i suppose:)

* i know all comments are in jest
  • vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,363
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : farther are we going to let SHUV get away with having a pop at bowls,lol
    Posted by andybuck

Hi andybuck and the others who have come down on the side of bowls following shuv's comments and especially his ageism.  LOL

I started at 40 and wished I had started earlier and tintin has hit the nail on the head with comments about his sister. Good eye hand coordination and starting at an early age means that you can go a long way in bowls. My son started at 15 , probably still a bit late and got to just below county standard before putting it on back burner. He stills plays socially but could have gone further. 

Good sport for a youngster to take up, practice and have a chance of representing country. Odds certainly better than a lot of sports. The powers that be want young bowlers and encourage them no end otherwise shuv could be right, it will die as you dont meet many young bowlers.  
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited January 2013

We are on about ten pin bowling right? :)