You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited January 2013
    Wow congratulations to your sister tintin, very impressive,

When i watch bowls on the tv, it does seem to be full of players of a younger generation, my problem is if you go to a local bowling green the only players who play are retired.

I've only ever played indoor bowls, but bowls is the sort of game I would really take too, and i could see myself being quite good at it (at a local level) but if I tried to get some mates to come play a game they would just take the pish
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    I am really annoyed with myself, I went to the bookies just in time for the last race at wolves, I knew what you had picked as I backed this horse last time out, then commited the cardinal sin off gambling and changed my mind at the last minute, then watched it stroll home! fml!! Then backed 3-2 either team in the Edinburgh derby, obv. 0-0 draw haha
    Posted by tripleb684
    Unlucky mate, if you've seen my record the last few days cant blame you for not backing it.

Im down again today no where near as bad as the last few days was going to bed on the hearts game to try and make a profit, would never have backed 0-0 tho so glad I never.
    edited January 2013
    We are on about ten pin bowling right? :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Now were tlaking a game that i love, Played in an after school league when i was 13, had about a 150 average at that age, and that was good for the level I was playing at, Unfortunately 10 years later i was still hitting a 150 average never improved at all.

Only time I bowl nowadays is when we take the kids, and my average would be clsoer to 130 nowadays.
  • TINTINTINTIN Member Posts: 1,612
    edited January 2013
    Wow congratulations to your sister tintin, very impressive, When i watch bowls on the tv, it does seem to be full of players of a younger generation, my problem is if you go to a local bowling green the only players who play are retired. I've only ever played indoor bowls, but bowls is the sort of game I would really take too, and i could see myself being quite good at it (at a local level) but if I tried to get some mates to come play a game they would just take the pish
    Posted by shuv
    cheers mate.

i have 2 sisters who are both younger than me and are both scottish internationals indoors with the younger a world champ outdoors. im 32 n played for 20 year now but the beer got in the way of me:))))

where i stay its quite a common pastime and we do have a lot of young players and there is quite a few players who ive grown up with who have stuck at the game so i have friends thru it.

i was a little embarrassed when i first started because of the stigma involved but it was soon cast. it suprises me even to this day how many people even of my age wished they had got involved as a youngster because of the social side of the game and also of my sisters achievements.

she played in last commonwealth games in india getting to QF, has been to AUS several times, won a couple of world titles, travelled to several other euro countries to play, is a multiple scottish champ and must be a good shout for nxt commonwealth games on home soil in 2014.

i could lay good money if you could rope friends into going along for a day at least 2 of them would enjoy it. the game isnt for everyone but it does suffer from the stigma attached.

plus the beer is generally cheaper than most pubs.... huge plus:)
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : cheers mate. i have 2 sisters who are both younger than me and are both scottish internationals indoors with the younger a world champ outdoors. im 32 n played for 20 year now but the beer got in the way of me:)))) where i stay its quite a common pastime and we do have a lot of young players and there is quite a few players who ive grown up with who have stuck at the game so i have friends thru it. i was a little embarrassed when i first started because of the stigma involved but it was soon cast. it suprises me even to this day how many people even of my age wished they had got involved as a youngster because of the social side of the game and also of my sisters achievements. she played in last commonwealth games in india getting to QF, has been to AUS several times, won a couple of world titles, travelled to several other euro countries to play, is a multiple scottish champ and must be a good shout for nxt commonwealth games on home soil in 2014. i could lay good money if you could rope friends into going along for a day at least 2 of them would enjoy it. the game isnt for everyone but it does suffer from the stigma attached. plus the beer is generally cheaper than most pubs.... huge plus:)
    Posted by TINTIN
    The last part might be more than enough to get a few along to play
    edited January 2013
    Morning all,

15 races at Wolverhampton today, wow, being my favourite course this should be a good thing, confidence been knocked last few days tho so would be happy with a break even day.

Musselburgh

12.40 Liberty Court 3/1 £10 (3rd)
    1.10 Abbey Storm 8/11 £40 (won returned £69.09)
    1.40 Silver Steel 9/2 £10 (won at 13/2 returned £75)
    2.10 Inoogoo 9/4 £20  (No Where)
    2.40 Benmadigan 14/1 £10ew (No Where)
    3.10 Isla Pearl Fisher 5/2 £30 (No Where)
    3.40 Teo Vivo 11/2 £20

Lingfield

1.20 Gandalfe 5/4 £40 (2nd)
    1.50 Valley View 9/4 £20 (No Where)
    2.20 Maringo Bay 2/5 No Bet (2nd)
    2.50 Noble Legend 7/4 £30 (No Where)
    3.20 Feast Of Fire 4/1 £20 (NR £20 returned)
    3.50 Soixante Six 5/1 £10 (3rd)

Dundalk

5.50 Diamond Daze 2/1 £40 (2nd)
    6.20 Dimitar 9/2 £20 (won returned £110)
    6.50 Samollie 4/1 £20 (No Where)
    7.20 Esytopolishadiamond 13/2 £20 (No Where)
    7.50 Hanamizuki 9/2 £20 (No Where)
    8.20 Days Ahead 7/2 £20 (won returned £90)
    8.50 Salam Alaykum 7/1 £20 (No Where)
    9.20 Asian Wing 3/1 £20 (No Where)

Wolverhampton comming right up.........
    edited January 2013
    Wolverhampton

12.00 On The Hoof Evens £50 (No Where)
    12.30 Basle 9/4 £40 (won at 11/4 returned £150)
    13.00 Ches Jicaro 7/1 £10 (No Where)
    13.30 De Rigueur 11/8 £50 (won returned £118.75)
    14.00 Royal Sea 7/2 £20 (No Where)
    14.30 Miss Bunter 6/4 £40 (won at 9/4 retruned £130)
    15.00 Beau Sakhee 8/1 £10ew (No Where)

16.00 Drawnfromthepast 5/4 £40 (won at 11/8 returned £95)
    16.30 Reacation 15/8 £40 (3rd)
    17.00 Dorback 11/4 £20 (No Where)
    17.30 Iggy 8/1 £10ew (2nd returned £30)
    18.00 Solar Deity 11/10 £50 (No Where)
    18.30 Aragorn Rouge 9/2 £20 (3rd)
    19.00 Golden heights 9/4 £40 (2nd)
    19.30 Merrjanah 4/1 £20 (NR £20 retrurned)

Daily amount laid out = £920
    Daily Returns = £904.84
    Daily profit/loss = -£15.16
    Monthly profit/loss = £-1002.21
    Total profit/loss = £2554.91
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited January 2013

MUS - 2.40 Benmadigan
    DUN - 8.50 Salam Alaykum
    WOL - 3.00 Beau Sakhee
           -  5.30 Iggy

50p e/w L15. Plus £1 Placepot at LING.

Dam, this would of been a good day to go to Wolverhampton Racing!
  • vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,363
    edited January 2013
    MUS - 2.40 Benmadigan DUN - 8.50 Salam Alaykum WOL - 3.00 Beau Sakhee        -  5.30 Iggy 50p e/w L15. Plus £1 Placepot at LING. Dam, this would of been a good day to go to Wolverhampton Racing!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Ten Pin Bowling tsk tsk

as to going to Wolverhampton today, the bonus is it is free entry. you missed out there.
    edited January 2013
    So annoyed to miss Pas Trop Tard yesterday and what a price.

Anyway my losers today are
    Wild Ground 1.50 Lingfield 7-2
    Goring Two 2.50 Lingfield 12-1
    looked home and hosed at 25-1 then went out like light

Liberty court 12.40 Muss 11-4 although Veloce must have **** of a chanc if gets 2m4f. Well Veloce didnt get home so right to go with Liberty Court, pity he made mistake 3 out and Johnson had to nurse him home in 3rd.
    Buffalo Ballet backed from 12's into sevens and won well.
    Uncut Stone 2.40 Muss 11-4 Fell but never going to win
    Pentiffic 3.10 Muss 4-1 Won nicely backed into favourite

shuv

I looked at Benmadgin as first and third of last race have franked form and was going to back then realised it got beaten a distance by Uncut Stone in that race and who is now much better off in the weights although I dont see how. Have gone for a forecast just in case I was right in first place.

Good luck today

Father V 
  • BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited January 2013
    dynamic idol for the moores in from 12/1 to 5/1 in the next at lingfield.
    in on at 10s so will probsbly do nothing!
    edited January 2013
    dynamic idol for the moores in from 12/1 to 5/1 in the next at lingfield. in on at 10s so will probsbly do nothing!
    Posted by BADBOY985
    5th
    edited January 2013
    Well done with Silver Steel shuv, followed you and what a lovely price
  • BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,210
    edited January 2013
    Can't beieve this great thread almost got hijacked by bowls :)

Fifteen races at Wolverhampton that would have been a great day out...

Good luck to everyone having a bet.
  • andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited January 2013
    ive been playing crown green since iwas 2 yr old,plenty of beer and gambling ask goodylad 21 hes a bowling mate of mine.old mans game pish you cheeky boggers.
    edited January 2013
    Two out Goring Two looked very much like he would get me a 25-1 winner. Went out like a light after jumping last bu...........
    edited January 2013
    So annoyed to miss Pas Trop Tard yesterday and what a price. Anyway my losers today are Wild Ground 1.50 Lingfield 7-2 Goring Two 2.50 Lingfield 12-1 Liberty court 12.40 Muss 11-4 although Veloce must have **** of a chanc if gets 2m4f. Well Veloce didnt get home so right to go with Liberty Court, pity he made mistake 3 out and Johnson had to nurse him home in 3rd. Buffalo Ballet backed from 12's into sevens and won well. Uncut Stone 2.40 Muss 11-4 Pentiffic 3.10 Muss 4-1 shuv I looked at Benmadgin as first and third of last race have franked form and was going to back then realised it got beaten a distance by Uncut Stone in that race and who is now much better off in the weights although I dont see how. Have gone for a forecast just in case I was right in first place. Good luck today Father V 
    Posted by vaigret
    GORING TWO Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
     got 25/1 was spending the winning from a mile out, **** long run ins!
    edited January 2013
    me and you both.

The long lay off meant all but very fit, watch out for it next time, it wont blow up then. Hopefully
    edited January 2013
    Well done with Silver Steel shuv, followed you and what a lovely price
    Posted by vaigret
    Glad you was on it, wish it was that price this morning tho wudda had 10ew instead of straight tenner.

Havent actually got to see any racing today ended up getting a call asking me to go pub for a game of, wait for it dominoes(yes i know its an old mans game).  I love a game of dominoes would go pub every lunch time if we could get a game going.

Just got back and checked the results so far, hasnt been a bad afternoon, out tonight as well so wont get to see much of the later racing either.

Good Luck to all whos having a bet.
    edited January 2013
    me and you both. The long lay off meant all but very fit, watch out for it next time, it wont blow up then. Hopefully
    Posted by vaigret
    true but it wont be 25/1 lol