You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• Options
    spurs_13spurs_13 Member Posts: 221
    edited November 2012
    Luving the thread and the effort you put in, this is my 1st read of the day now and although I dont bet that much anymore (wont go into details lol) I do like to rail your bets and wish you the best.

CMON SUPER SATURDAY - Being single and no plans today, i am in my element. poker, footy, racing, poker, darts, tennis............ Take a breath take a breath lol

Good luck m8 and all who read this
  • Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : first time reading ur post bud very interesting have a good one for tonight in dundalk LILYS ANGEL in the 9 00 worth a look
    Posted by monaghan01
    Well done on the winner, i was out so didnt see it till this morning else id av backed it.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Like the thread alot and is 1 of my 1st reads after the tourney winners thread in general chat.Here we go.... a mate went on a stable tour about 5 weeks ago and was told a DEFINITE winner!!!(and over jumps!)for the 11th november at Ffos las.As this horse is still apparently due to run on Sunday i will give the details... The horse is called Oscar Davy and its a ew shoooeee in(allegedly) the trainer is phillip hobbs and its a listed standard race.If its below 7/2 its £50 on the nose from me and if its above that its £25ew for me as a bet to nothing.Good all and don't kill the messenger! Cheers Dave.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Cheers Dave will certainly take a look at it, will let you know tomorrow if ive backed it or not, Oh and cmon you should be reading this BEFORE th tourney winners thread :)

(ony messin I actually read that thread before I read my own)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Luving the thread and the effort you put in, this is my 1st read of the day now and although I dont bet that much anymore (wont go into details lol) I do like to rail your bets and wish you the best. CMON SUPER SATURDAY - Being single and no plans today, i am in my element. poker, footy, racing, poker, darts, tennis............ Take a breath take a breath lol Good luck m8 and all who read this
    Posted by spurs_13
    Cheers mate, its certainly a lot more effort than I first realised, Id love to give more reasons why im backig something just havent had the time.

Super Saturday has turned into sh!tty Saturday for me, not a single place on the horses, should have stuck to short price fav's and footy was rubbish as well, gonig up my darst bet now, really cant see that treble losing.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

YUCK

Awful day today, football was rubbish, only 1 winner in my banker, and the other 2 bets both had teams in that lost by 5 goals!!! crazy

Horses, didnt get a winner or even a place, zilcho returns there.

So it all goes down to cleverly scoring first goal, oh no hew aint even playing grrrr Suppose I should be happy to get my money back.

Ive stuck an extra 60 quid on my Darts treble, I honestly cant see this losing, and I know ive said I wont chase money but its such a sure thing (in my eyes) ill still finish down if it doesnt come in, but at least it wont be as much.

Going to stick £40 on Manu ht/ft too at 5/4 and £40 on -1 goal at 13/10

In play bet manu win 6/1 £20

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I HATE JAMES WADe

My mum could have done better than that, Useless!!
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,562
    edited November 2012

Sigh. Had your darts treble and just seen wade lose live on telly. He really did not look into it TBH and he has only just come back after having some 'time off' from the sport. The other two romped home! LOL
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Sigh. Had your darts treble and just seen wade lose live on telly. He really did not look into it TBH and he has only just come back after having some 'time off' from the sport. The other two romped home! LOL
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Sorry mate, really thoguht it was a shoe in, 1 out of 11 was it on the doubles in the end??? pathetic, after the first leg I Started to worry. 

Fully tilted up now one last punt to try and get some of todays loses back £150 on Nathan Cleverly to win in under 7 rounds at 5/2, computer now being shut down before I realy lose it.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,562
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Sorry mate, really thoguht it was a shoe in, 1 out of 11 was it on the doubles in the end??? pathetic, after the first leg I Started to worry.  Fully tilted up now one last punt to try and get some of todays loses back £150 on Nathan Cleverly to win in under 7 rounds at 5/2, computer now being shut down before I realy lose it.
    Posted by shuv

No worries pal. I didnt have to bet on it!

Keep going with it .....you will soon turn it around I'm sure.

Loving this diary :)
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2012

Some run bad yesterday Shuv! 

Cleverley fighting, I'd expect that to be on TV??? I couldn't find it anywhere. Prob on that boxnation thing.

At least there's plenty to go at today!!!! Bouncebackability ftw.

Just been looking for a bet myself, Dolan to beat Nicholson @ 11/8 looks good. Nicholson prob the most over-rated dartist around, Dolan can put him to bed imo.

Spurs, Chelsea, N'caste, Dolan, 53/1! 

ahh man, just googled the result of the Cleverly fight. Won in the 8th!!! sick :(

Good luck today......................
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Sunday 11th November 

Morning all, never nice updating the diary after such an awful day, to say I’m annoyed with myself is an understatement.  Part of the reason for doing this dairy as well as a way of recoding my results was to stop myself being stupid and chasing money.  I should have accepted yesterday was a bad day and lost a couple of hundred rather than turn that into a £425 loss. 

The horses were awful went against what I normally do, short price favourites, tried to seek some bigger prices and that bombed, the football was possible even worse, apart from having £20 on Manu in running at 6/1, seconds after I put my bet on you could back them at 9/1 FML!!! Oh and I got a fiver back as Cleverly wasn’t on the pitch when first goal went in, hallefkinlujah. 

Was contemplating having a day off today as I’m still annoyed with myself and that will only cloud my judgement but there too much to bet on today and I got no plans so need summat to watch! 

Was going to back Murray to beat Federer expected him to be around the 11/10 mark, but its Federer who’s 11/10 and Murray is odds on, I’m now tempted to back Federer but think I’ll just leave tennis alone.  

Darts 

Still annoyed about Wade, he was woeful, annoyed that I didn’t back Webster as well, I like Webster but everywhere I read was banging on about how good Waites Is playing and how bad Webster is playing so I left him alone. 

Day Time Acca 

Jenkins
    Lewis
    Anderson
    Newton 
    £20 at 5.78/1 

Will be having a bet in the evening matches but will pick them out later.  

Anderson
    Newton
    Waites
    Winstanley
    King

£20 at 6.85/1 (won returns £157)

Football 

Spurs £20 at 11/2, Will be a tough game and could go either way but I just think it’s too big a price and worth backing. 

Newcastle £50 at 21/20 again to big a price, Hammers are doing well but will struggle away to a good Newcastle team. 

Over 2.5 goals in 3 premier league games £20 at 3.72/1 

Banker Acca
    Marseille
    Feyenord
    PSV
    Rubin Kazan
    Spartak Moscow 
    £20 at 5/1 

Horses 

Ffos Las 
    12.55 - At Fishers Cross - 4/6 - £60 (won returned £100)
    2.30 - Oscar Davy - 5/1 - £20 (not a horse I would have chosen myself but given as a pretty confident tip on here) 

Navan Tenner on all 7 favourites winning, pays £1768.59 at current prices. 

Limerick 
    2.10 - The Crafty Butcher - 5/6
    3.15 - Far Away So Close
    £20 double 

Just noticed Dohhh's bet so had a fiver on it incase it comes in, fancy the football but would have backed Nicholson personally, good luck mate.

Daily amount laid out = £315
    Daily Returns = £257
    Daily profit/loss = -£58
    Monthly profit/loss = £-150
    Total profit/loss = -£365.94
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Spurs 3-2 - £5 - 66/1
    Bale first goal - £5 - 14/1
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Wow you know your luck is out when a 1/7 shot get turned over by a 25/1 on the horses, if thats the only fav that dont win in Navan may well just jump!
  • Options
    Ads2kukAds2kuk Member Posts: 582
    edited November 2012
    I backed your very strong tip of Oscar Davy unfortunately....lol
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,330
    edited November 2012
    Like the thread alot and is 1 of my 1st reads after the tourney winners thread in general chat.Here we go.... a mate went on a stable tour about 5 weeks ago and was told a DEFINITE winner!!!(and over jumps!)for the 11th november at Ffos las.As this horse is still apparently due to run on Sunday i will give the details... The horse is called Oscar Davy and its a ew shoooeee in(allegedly) the trainer is phillip hobbs and its a listed standard race.If its below 7/2 its £50 on the nose from me and if its above that its £25ew for me as a bet to nothing.Good all and don't kill the messenger! Cheers Dave.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Unlucky mate and no hard feelings, Mr Hobbs needs to get it back to the schooling grounds
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I blame me not Dave, everything I touch at the moment fails, Darts bet down already first hurdle, First 2 of my footy banker won, third team (Marseille) was winning untill the 89th minute, Spurs will be winning till the 89th minute can see it comming already.

Horses had 1 bet in for £40 profit, my double 5/6 shot beaten by 20/1 shot, and other 2 bets down

Stop Press as I type this 1-1, at least they didnt take to 89th minute to equalise, at least if city score again my over 2.5 goals bet is still going, so of course it will stay 1.1.

Feeling sorry for me yet?? lol

Shuv
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2012
    I'm isolated upstairs and can't turn sky over here so stuck on SS1 for football.

Has the darts game been on yet? can you update here when it has? (not that it will matter unless Spurs can nick a winner. where tf is defoe)
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,207
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Unlucky mate and no hard feelings, Mr Hobbs needs to get it back to the schooling grounds
    Posted by vaigret
    I agree Vaigret...the horse ran terribly, but no-one has a gun pointing to our heads forcing us to bet! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I'm isolated upstairs and can't turn sky over here so stuck on SS1 for football. Has the darts game been on yet? can you update here when it has? (not that it will matter unless Spurs can nick a winner. where tf is defoe)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Dolan won mate, mate 5-2......Jenkins lost my darts bet he lost 5-2 to Harms, never heard of him!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Updated todays post with my second darts bet, I'd said I was having one tonight so its by no means a tilt bet, I have included 2 of this afternoons matches in it as well tho