You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    hi shuv, was just wondering if you class yourself as a gambling addict or do you just do it cos u think u have an edge ofer the bookie with sports betting? i myself have suffered over the years and got myself into trouble a couple of year ago, i just needed to bet every day. ive got a lid on it now and only have a bet at weekends. ( although i stil fall by the wayside occasionally)
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Do I consider myself a Gambling Addict, hmm tough one, I’d like to think I wasn’t, but to be honest I probably am. 

I’m not as bad as I use to be, I use to bet on anything and everything for the sake of it, things like ice hockey that were on in the middle of the night, so I had something to check when I woke up in the morning. 

A couple of years before I met my wife It got really bad (well really bad for me at the time) had a porter job at the local hospital so wasn’t earning much, in my break I use to us the computers in the library, I had credit cards attached to all my account back then and I was just betting with money that wasn’t mine, one day sticks out when I had £800 on a even money favourite, I tried to have 1k but the bookie wouldn’t lay it, max it would take was £800, the horse won but I was still down for the day, and at the time I was only earning £1000 a month. 

I’m now married with 3 kids and for the most part I’m pretty sensible, I do remember 3 Christmases ago, I’m the eldest of 5 kids, we all have our own children now, and were all at my mums on boxing day.  The kids were all playing adults all drinking and laughing, the traditional Christmas day but I was bored and fired Stan James up, I started betting on the virtual horse, id won a few hundred in the weeks leading up to Christmas and it was easy money lost over 2 grand that day, nearly lost my wife because of it, but thankfully have never bet on virtual racing since.

All my online accounts now have a low maximum deposit limit so should for any reason I lose my head I can only lose the minimum, most of my betting isn’t done online.

I like to bet, and I do bet most days, well nearly every day, were in a much healthier situation now, Could I stop?? Hmmm I dunno, I could give the horses up, the tennis and other such sports, but I don’t know about the football. 

Theres nothing better to me than a Saturday with a full set of fixtures to go through.  Soccer Saturday from 12, sitting down surrounded by coupons I love it, and wouldn’t want to give that up.

My main weakness nowadays is the **** fruit machine, I know im on to a loser, I may as well just burn my money, but there’s something about those flashing lights, they seduce me and after a few lagers I just can’t say no.  Why I’d put £150 in a machine when the jackpot is only £75 I have no idea. I try now to go out with the minimum I need for food, beers and a taxi home, so I don’t have any money for the machines, but it doesn’t always work out that way. 

Sorry I’ve waffled on a bit here, but after reading this you can probably make you own mind up to the question you asked. 

Shuv
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    oh btw on subject of lucky 15s i rang sky bet up they do double the odds on 1 winner all depending where you live certain bookies do treble the odds anyway gl all today
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    Cheers mate thats good to know
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Last week you found me a horse to beat my tip Omoor and the forecast paid quite nicely! I've been given a horse called Three Old Amigos which runs a week today at Exeter. Should give you plenty of time to study. Cracking Diary long may it run in profit!
    Posted by cleansweep
    Remind me nearer the time and ill caertainly have a look,  glad you was on the forecast, after picking it to beat your tip I didnt bet it :(
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Great diary shuv and good luck Royal Mile my nap of the day at Chepstow 3.40
    Posted by vaigret
    Unlucky Father looked to be travelling ok 6 out, but then had nothing, glad I saw this too late to get on it :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Not been a bad day today £155 laid out, and so far £196.91 returned with £50 worth of bets still to go.

Could have been better tho, Murray could and should have won, first 2 in lucky 15 won giving me hope for a nice return but 3rd flopped and last came 2nd.

Of to pool night so wont be able to update any more tonight, good luck if you have a bet on the footy tonight

Shuv
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Do I consider myself a Gambling Addict, hmm tough one, I’d like to think I wasn’t, but to be honest I probably am.   I’m not as bad as I use to be, I use to bet on anything and everything for the sake of it, things like ice hockey that were on in the middle of the night, so I had something to check when I woke up in the morning.   A couple of years before I met my wife It got really bad (well really bad for me at the time) had a porter job at the local hospital so wasn’t earning much, in my break I use to us the computers in the library, I had credit cards attached to all my account back then and I was just betting with money that wasn’t mine, one day sticks out when I had £800 on a even money favourite, I tried to have 1k but the bookie wouldn’t lay it, max it would take was £800, the horse won but I was still down for the day, and at the time I was only earning £1000 a month.   I’m now married with 3 kids and for the most part I’m pretty sensible, I do remember 3 Christmases ago, I’m the eldest of 5 kids, we all have our own children now, and were all at my mums on boxing day.   The kids were all playing adults all drinking and laughing, the traditional Christmas day but I was bored and fired Stan James up, I started betting on the virtual horse, id won a few hundred in the weeks leading up to Christmas and it was easy money lost over 2 grand that day, nearly lost my wife because of it, but thankfully have never bet on virtual racing since. All my online accounts now have a low maximum deposit limit so should for any reason I lose my head I can only lose the minimum, most of my betting isn’t done online.   I like to bet, and I do bet most days, well nearly every day, were in a much healthier situation now, Could I stop?? Hmmm I dunno, I could give the horses up, the tennis and other such sports, but I don’t know about the football.   Theres nothing better to me than a Saturday with a full set of fixtures to go through.   Soccer Saturday from 12, sitting down surrounded by coupons I love it, and wouldn’t want to give that up.   My main weakness nowadays is the **** fruit machine, I know im on to a loser, I may as well just burn my money, but there’s something about those flashing lights, they seduce me and after a few lagers I just can’t say no.   Why I’d put £150 in a machine when the jackpot is only £75 I have no idea.   I try now to go out with the minimum I need for food, beers and a taxi home, so I don’t have any money for the machines, but it doesn’t always work out that way.   Sorry I’ve waffled on a bit here, but after reading this you can probably make you own mind up to the question you asked.   Shuv
    Posted by shuv
    thanks for the reply, sorry if its a bit personal, alot of what uve done ive done in the past  so can relate. gambling such a bad bug but its to enjoyable to give up. 
  • Options
    daggers747daggers747 Member Posts: 188
    edited November 2012
    Really good read shuv.
    You seem to back a lot at fairly short prices do you ever look for a good handicap coup or ground change to
    back one at a larger price.
    My son got in to fruities gave him a slap he now plays poker on here happy days.
    Do you ever use betfair or bet in running.
    Be lucky all the best.
    Daggers.
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,328
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Unlucky Father looked to be travelling ok 6 out, but then had nothing, glad I saw this too late to get on it :)
    Posted by shuv
    Pity I didnt LOL.

Great diary and good post on your betting foibles. For me Saturday wouldnt be the same without my horses. Try the footie but dont get much luck.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2012
    Put 50 on chelsea before kick off @ 11/10.

Cudn't believe how good that price looked!

Now I can't believe how good SHAK are!

Bookies aint daft!!!! Need to bink..........
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2012
    BINK BINK BINK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,328
    edited November 2012
    well done DOHHHHHHHHH
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thursday 8th November 

Apologies for being late again today, last night was a late one and feel like sh!t today, was bladdered when I went on to play the game was 5-5 and somehow I managed to win 2-0 to seal the win.  The captain knew I went out at 5.30 so why he decided to play me last I have no idea.  

Mixed feelings about last night’s football, my treble came in to give us a profit of a little over £171 for the day but my over 2.5 goals in all 8 champions league matches came oh so close, 7 games came up, the only game that let me down was Benfica who won 2-0 and missed a blooming penalty, guy was on his hat trick as well!! Would have been almost £500 returned on that!. 

Right on to today… 

Horses

Towcester 
    3.20 - Topaze Collonges - 9/4 - £20 

Musselburgh 
    2.00 - Doyly Carte - 4/5
    2.30 - Mentalist - 5/4 
    £20 Double 

Lingfield
     2.40 - Titan Triumph 28/1 - £10ew 

Thurles

2.25 - Dale Street - 6/4 - £20 

Maydan 
    4.10 - Zain Shamardal 13/8 - £20 

Wolverhampton 
    4.20 - Monsieur Royale - 5/2 - £20 (won returned £70)

Football 

Not keen on betting on the Europa League, too many temas pick second string sides and it becomes a bit of a lottery, hasn’t stopped me having a couple of bets tho :) 

Udinese
    Lazio
    Bordeaux 
    £20 treble at 4.13/1 

Over 2.5 goals 
    Academica
    Bordeaux
    Club Brugge
    Marseille
    Udinese
    Athletic Bilbao
    FC Twente 

£10 at 54.51/1

Snooker

Shaun Murphy
    Judd Trump

£20 Double at 6.26/1 (won returns £145.20)

Daily amount laid out = £170
    Daily Returns = £215.20
    Daily profit/loss = £45.20
    Monthly profit/loss = £387.70
    Total profit/loss = £171.39

• Options
    TINTINTINTIN Member Posts: 1,612
    edited November 2012
    i feel i cursed you on the over 2.5 goals coupon as i backed it also. i had a £5 free bet and it looked like good value for a freeby. ive had so many coupons miss by 1 this season its crazy and tbh i expected the same last night, just the way its been going. i didnt know benfica missed a penalty, that makes me doubley sick now.

i apologize and i will try not to jinx any more of your bets in the future. oh and barca done me on my other line:(
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Been one of those days with the horses again, everytime I have a god day its followed by a poor one, was saved by the last horse running tho so not down a big ammount.

Added a snooker bet for tonight, forgot it was the premier league tonight, Trump is on good form and should win comftable, was a coin flip between Murphy and Selby, Murphy got the vote purely becuase I lost on Sleby last week.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    i feel i cursed you on the over 2.5 goals coupon as i backed it also. i had a £5 free bet and it looked like good value for a freeby. ive had so many coupons miss by 1 this season its crazy and tbh i expected the same last night, just the way its been going. i didnt know benfica missed a penalty, that makes me doubley sick now. i apologize and i will try not to jinx any more of your bets in the future. oh and barca done me on my other line:(
    Posted by TINTIN
    Cardoza was on his hat trick and went for power, Unfortunately he smahsed it against the bar, they had a player sent off in conceding the penalty and according to the match report could have scored 7 or 8 goals :(
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Put 50 on chelsea before kick off @ 11/10. Cudn't believe how good that price looked! Now I can't believe how good SHAK are! Bookies aint daft!!!! Need to bink..........
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well done mate, seems a big bet compared to others ive read you have done, had poker tilted you or did you just really fancy them??

Personally I fancied the draw, and had them down as over 3 goals so would have gone for 2-2 so glad I left it alone.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : thanks for the reply, sorry if its a bit personal, alot of what uve done ive done in the past  so can relate. gambling such a bad bug but its to enjoyable to give up. 
    Posted by THEROCK573
    No need to be sorry, I only had to asnwer yes or no, I probably said to much so sorry for that.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Daggers I will reply to you later, just wrote quite a detailed reply and a pop up message came up and it wouldnt close and i lost the wholse message grrr

Need to get ready for gym right now be back later

Shuv
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Well didn’t do no good with the Europa League as predicted, can’t remember ever getting a bet up in that but my snooker double came in to ensure I made a small profit 0f £40.20 but that takes us over £200 profit in toal and almost £400 profit for the month 

Friday 9th November 

Not having many bets today, Middlesbrough let me down midweek but going to stick with them tonight, a few bets on the horses and that’s it, saving myself for tomorrow.  Assuming I get up in time out for a mates birthday tonight, it could get messy. 

Football 

Boro - 5/6 - £50 win (won returns £91.67)

Boro HT/FT - 11/5 - £20 win (won returns £64.00)

Boro 3-0 win - 16/1 - £5 

Boro 4-0 win - 45/1 £5 

Horses 

Musselburgh 
    12.50 - Stars Du Grantis - Evens
    2.20 - Dannanceys Hill - 5/6 
    £30 double 

Hexham 
    1.30 - Desert Secret - 5/4 - £20 

Fontwell 
    2.10 - Quaddick Lake - 5/4
    2.40 - Venetian Lad - Evens 
    £30 double 

Wolverhampton
    5.50 - Space Artist - 6/4 £20 (won returns £50)

Dundalk
    7.00 - Little Village - 5/2 - £20

Daily amount laid out = £260
    Daily Returns = £205.67
    Daily profit/loss = -£54.33
    Monthly profit/loss = £333.37
    Total profit/loss = £117.06

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Bad day so far both doubles down first horse so took the second from each double and put them together for a new double

2.20 - - Dannanceys Hill - 5/6

2.40 - Venetian Lad - Evens

£40 double