You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    Great read as always. I wouldn't change your normal betting volume just because you want to keep people reading. I know this site doesnt have the facility to see the number of views each thread has had, but I'm sure it is being very well read but not everyone will feel the need to post something in reply to it every day. There are certain threads people automatically go to read every time they log onto the site and for me, this diary is one of them :)
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    Thanks brrrrrrr I have cut down the last few days, and its no surprise that my loss has turned into profit now, so hopfully that will continue.

Thanks for the kind words about the diary as well, theres a couple of poker diary's I read on a daily basis yet I hardly ever post on them, so i know what thats like, its a shame they dont show how many views you get.

Thanks Again

Shuv
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November 2012
    Great read as always. I wouldn't change your normal betting volume just because you want to keep people reading. I know this site doesnt have the facility to see the number of views each thread has had, but I'm sure it is being very well read but not everyone will feel the need to post something in reply to it every day. There are certain threads people automatically go to read every time they log onto the site and for me, this diary is one of them :)
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    +1
    just so you know that people do find this a very interesting read.
    Even if they don't post on it.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    david666david666 Member Posts: 123
    edited November 2012
    Interesting diary, best of luck
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Tuesday 6th November 

Good Morning All Woke up with a spring in my step today, no idea why but I’m full off positivity today, the huge fry up which consisted of six sausages and 6 lashers of bacon helped :)  add to that the Mrs is on nights tonight so the TV remote is mine and with a full coupon of matches, it’s my version of heaven, as long as there’s a winner or two along the way. 

FootBall 

Lots take my fancy tonight, and it’s going to be hard cutting it down to a few bets,  I will be having a couple of over 2.5 goals accas, and BTTS accas, but won’t be putting them on till later so will add those then. 

Middlesbrough £20 win at 13/5,

They’ve won 6 in a row now including a 4-1 away win at the weekend, whilst they were winning 4-1 Forrest were lost by the same score to a poor Milwall team.

Middlesbrough HT/FT £20 at 11/2

Huge price IMO for a team on the form Middlesbrough are on.

Palace
    Doncaster
    Mk Dons 

£20 treble at 5.31/1  

Palace are flying at the moment sitting 3rd in the league and have just appointed a fine new manager, Ipswich got a new manager and did win at the weekend, but they sit bottom and have been pretty useless this season.  I’d expect to see Palace at around 4/6 so evens is a big price IMO and worth backing as a single. 

Both Doncaster and Mk Dons are amongst the favourites to gain promotion this season, both going well and both at home to teams who are fighting relegation, it should be a couple of comftable home wins. 

AFC Wimbledon
    Notts County 

£10 double at 12.99/1 

Notts  County unbeaten away from home in league One and won away to Portsmouth in cup at the weekend, whilst Colchester were dumped out of the cup by Chelmsford, 2/1 is a big price and again probably worth backing as a single.  I’ve decided to double them up with AFC Wimbledon though who have only lost 1 in four (against leaders Gillingham) and have also lost just once in last 5 away games, Exeter however started of well this season but are now without a win in 6 games. 

Over 2.5 goals accas (will only put home team)

Schalke
    Birmingham
    Watford
    Bolton
    Palace
    Bournemouth
    Swindon
    Walsall
    Yeovil
    Fleetwood
    Portvale
    York

£2 Twelvefold pays £2270.88

Anderlecht
    Olympiakos
    Charlton
    Derby
    Sheff Wed
    Colchester
    Coventry
    Harltepool
    Portsmouth
    Bradford
    Bristol Rovers
    Morecambe

£2 Twelvefold pays £4489.14

Man City
    Schalke
    Burnley
    Hull
    MK Dons
    Swindon
    Gillingham
    Port Vale

£5 Eightfold returns £412.41

Team to score 2 or more

Boro
    Palace
    Notts County
    Doncaster
    Mk Dons
    Preston

£5 sixfold returns £327.46

Zenit St Petersburg
    Ajax
    Leeds
    Cardiff
    Wolves
    Boro
    Leicester
    Notts County
    Tranmere
    Brentford
    Southend
    AFC Wimbledon

A rather ambitious £1 twelvefold returns £75,242.

BTTS (will only put home team)

Dynamo Kiev
    Man City
    Burnley
    Charlton
    Sheff Wed
    Boton
    Coventry
    Preston
    Yeovil
    Aldershot
    Bradford
    Barnet

£2 twelvefold return £775.92

Olympiakos
    Schalke
    Huddersfield
    Hull
    Bournemouth
    Hartlepool
    Portsmouth
    Swindon
    Exeter
    Gillingham
    Oxford
    York

£2 Twelvefold returns £1061.54
    Horses 

Exeter 
    2.50 - Menorah - 3/1 £20 

Redcar 
    3.00 - Arley Hall - 15/8 - £20 (won returns £57.50)

Punchestown 
    1.25 - Banjaxed Girl - 6/4
    2.55 - Grange - 6/4 
    £20 Double 

Southwell 
    3.40 - Gaelic Wizard - 5/2 - £20 

Wolverhampton 
    4.30 - Polish Crown - 6/5
    5.00 - Al Udeied 11/8 
    £20 Double 

Daily amount laid out = £187
    Daily Returns = £57.50
    Daily profit/loss = -£129.50
    Monthly profit/loss = £170.59
    Total profit/loss = £-45.72
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : +1 just so you know that people do find this a very interesting read. Even if they don't post on it. Good luck.
    Posted by dragon1964
    Thanks mate
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Interesting diary, best of luck
    Posted by david666
    Thank You, Well done on a great UKOPS
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Thank You, Well done on a great UKOPS
    Posted by shuv
    Cheers bud, not much of a man for the horse gambling, but im going to try a lucky15 today. What do you think of luck15s in general?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Cheers bud, not much of a man for the horse gambling, but im going to try a lucky15 today. What do you think of luck15s in general?
    Posted by david666
    I like Lucky 15's but I wouldnt do one on-line, just because high street bookies give you bigger bonuses, but you do need to ask about.

The town I live in theres over 20 diffrent betting shops, and 6 Corals alone, 5 of those corals if you get 1 winner in a lucky 15 they will give you double the odds, the odd one out is about 50 foot away from a betfred shop that offer trebble the odds on 1 winner so they mtach the offer.

I dont know of any online bookmakers that offer trebble the odds, to be honest im not sure if any do double the odds.

It does depend on what your betting tho, if your doing 4 short ptice favourites, like 6/4 7/4 shots and only get 1 winner trebble the odds wont make that much difference.  If your gonig for 10/1 shots it can make a lot of difference.

Good Luck with your bet and let me know what youve gone for so I can cheer them on :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Went for a 4fold acca on the back of your advice about on-line L15. A few of my picks overlap your horses so hopefully your a winner today.
  • Options
    spurs_13spurs_13 Member Posts: 221
    edited November 2012
    What is a BTTS bet? 
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    What is a BTTS bet? 
    Posted by spurs_13

Both Teams To Score
  • Options
    spurs_13spurs_13 Member Posts: 221
    edited November 2012
    Ah ok - Thanks David and well done in the UKOPS, great play and great results
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Not the best day day on the horses, just the one winner, was very close to a decent double but second horse lost by a short head.

Ive edited todays post to now include my extra bets on the football.

If youve had a bet tonight good luck

Shuv
  • Options
    Ads2kukAds2kuk Member Posts: 582
    edited November 2012
    I got:

Arsenal
    D.Zagreb
    Dortmund

at 480/1
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I said both Palace and Notts County were worth backing as singles but did I do it?? nope, Other than Boro they were my 2 strong fancies so did I double them togehter??? nope put them in seperte bets, both won easy and i return nothing.

Fell possitive this morning, but turned out to be not a very good day, need to post 2 or 3 good days in a row to keep my head above water, back to almoist evens overall now, still ahead fo the month tho.
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited November 2012
    hi shuv, was just wondering if you class yourself as a gambling addict or do you just do it cos u think u have an edge ofer the bookie with sports betting? i myself have suffered over the years and got myself into trouble a couple of year ago, i just needed to bet every day. ive got a lid on it now and only have a bet at weekends. ( although i stil fall by the wayside occasionally)
  • Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited November 2012
    oh btw on subject of lucky 15s i rang sky bet up they do double the odds on 1 winner all depending where you live certain bookies do treble the odds anyway gl all today
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Wednesday 7th Novermber  

Morning All, a little later than normal had to leave early this morning.  Thanks to therock for your question, I won’t be replying in this thread as I need to get it up asap but will do this afternoon. 

Tennis 

Murray did it for me the other day going to back him again to win 2-1 today, much tougher game against Djokovic but I’m keeping the faith it’s been a great year for him and think he may well just finish it in fine style. 

Murray to win 2-1 £10 at 18/5 

Horses 

£1 win Lucky 15 (£15 staked) 

Fairyhouse 1.15 - Cause of Causes 13/8 (won)
    Nottingham 1.40 - Dashing Star 9/4 (won)
    Chepstow 3.05 - Hazy Dawn 2/1 (lost)
    Kempton 4.55 - Intha 9/4 (lost)

Returns (£14.41)

Nottingham  
    .40 - Dashing Star - 9/4 - £20 (won returns £65)
    2.40 - Colonial - 6/5 - £20 

Fairy House 
    3.20 - Owen Mc - Evens - £20 (won at 2/1!! returns £60)

Warwick 2.20 - Hazy Tom - 6/4 - £20 (won at 15/8 returns £57.50)

Kempton 6.55 - Viking Storm - 11/4 - £20 

Football 

United
    Benfica
    Mk Dons
    £20 treble at 5.5/1  (won retruns £130)

Over 2.5 goals in all champions league games today £10 at 45.21/1

Daily amount laid out = £155
    Daily Returns = £326.91
    Daily profit/loss = £171.91
    Monthly profit/loss = £342.50
    Total profit/loss = £126.19

• Options
    cleansweepcleansweep Member Posts: 598
    edited November 2012
    Last week you found me a horse to beat my tip Omoor and the forecast paid quite nicely!
    I've been given a horse called Three Old Amigos which runs a week today at Exeter.
    Should give you plenty of time to study.
    Cracking Diary long may it run in profit!
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited November 2012
    Great diary shuv and good luck

Royal Mile my nap of the day at Chepstow 3.40