You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited October 2014
    MTT today £83.80

overall  £87.80
    no cash played at all.
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited October 2014
    Deffo cannot call with J5s there. He will be shoving wide and we can call wider but not J5s... we're still behind to all Qx, Kx, Ax, PPs (and crushed by most Jx) which is almost his entire range.
    edited October 2014
    next time i have a friend or relative over for the evening i most certainly will not be playing poker.
    the decision to call the reverse implied odds with 93s in BB hitting trips against Ax, then getting a full stack with straight flush which was called by trips, anna has allowed me to avoid what could have been a much more disappointing night.

The issue was that i struggled to get myself relaxed as questions were being asked time and time again, i tried to explain about them but they just don't understand poker so these things were too complicated.

The suspicion of multi accounting was most likely caused my me being so unrelaxedwith the noise in the back ground and the thing about this was it hadn't been a planned sleep over it had been a last minute arrangement so my night was already planner for poker.

I do have a carer in 3 days a week but the difference with him is that he will normally be up in his room don't work on the laptop.

Next time my sister is in i'll just play on my 3DS because that doesn't pose a risk to my money and well she can watch her soaps on TV as i'll benot using it for the PC.

cash £12.07
    MTT -£14.62
    SnG -£13
    overall -£15.55
    edited October 2014

I'll put the chaos I had on Tuesday down to distractions from my sister. Had it been tilt, I couldn't see myself having 2 great cash sessions which I managed to have today.

My first session had me sitting mostly on tables which had regs, the thing with regs, they'll know me very well meaning I certainly needed to take a close look at the board, normally these sessions would see the money coming from small pots but somehow the tables seemed extra nice today and allowed me lots of coolers, I didn't get such good sets mind as the two I hit both got a nasty card on the next street, one was when the 3rd club came on the turn giving him a nut flush, the second was when I got raised on the river, the funny thing was mind this one did see both us ch OTF 9s 8s 6d OTT I donked a set he called then on river Q came I cbet he over bet and that did get me thinking has he got J10 because the pot wasn't really that inflated so why risk a bluff when he hasn't got much in pot.

My second cash session started in the evening and like most evening sessions this had much more loose play so it was about hand strength and extracting value more than anything.

the cash sessions got a grand total of £104.84 (54.74+37.24)
    I had entered 1K BH (6:45) and won 2 HP but overall i lost -£1.99
    Total profit overall was £102.85
    edited October 2014
    tonight it has been a story of bad cash where i'm being over aggressive missing the hands, MTts on the other hand great.

Although i did get a great finish it needed me to get some very early double ups, when the blinds were 100/200 i myself had just 2K chips, i was stealing frequently with my shoves on this round then when the blinds were 150/300 i went all in with AK and managed to double my stack against another shorty who held KQ. Having got my stack doubled to 5K it wasn't too long before it was doubled up again with AKs and like the last double up this too was against KQ. Now that i had 10K i was able to start stealing blinds and 3betting, i Did nearly loose my tournament chips with AK, what happened was i 3bet pre (1200 R3200), the open raise called,  flop came Qh 7h 6s i decided to shove my stack as pot was 7K and his stack 6.9K this was my only chance of pulling a bluff, unfortunately he called with KQ but luckily for me the T came K and river A so rather than drop to 4K i was now at the top with 25K.

When my stack was at 31K blinds were 500/1000 i decided to open raise Kc Jc, the CO then did a shove (14K) and i thought to myself maybe i could call this spot, AQ will be 30/70 1010 or smaller and it's a flip and A10 is 40/60. he did then get furious with me stating i made a bad decision but really i tried to explain back to him that if he is expecting tight range to call he is still going to loose most days as JJ-AA were all ahead AJ-AK all have an A on the board. later on a guy with 7K went all in and it was folded round to me in the SB with a stack of 53000 and holding K7 in my hand, now a chip stack this size usually sees people calling massive range as they have a massive amount of chips and the short stacks will be wide in the range they shove. S this reaction tells me he just couldn't take the loss.

the hands i would really say could be questioned is two AA held on the button and the 88 in the very late stages because these might have been what would have made the difference between final tabling and finishing 10
    mogsy195709£139.05 + £25.31 Head Prizes2 
    craigcu12010£104.29 + £144.89 Head Prizes8 
    Fordwych011£81.11 + £86.84 Head Prizes6
    total today were
    cash -£41.33
    MTT £212.74
    overall £171.41
  • LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited October 2014
    Well done on the main result tonight Craig.

Very well played.
    edited October 2014
    Hand 1 - no, don't shove pre, it's fartoo big to open shove. You're just gonna get folds and when you do get called you'll be absolutely crushed (or occasionally see AK). I don't mind calling the donkbet on the flop, we can still beat a few things e'd donk and I'd expect him not to donk TP very often, although I'm not loving that it's 3way (generally the more people get to the flop, the stronger people's range is to lead out).... but I'm deffo just giving up on that turn.

Hand 2 - No don't flat, just cos you got folds this 1 time, doesn't mean raising it is bad. I'd have probably raised a bit smaller, around the 10k mark, I'd be 3betting smaller with all my hands cos I won't always be as strong as AA.

Congrats on your deep run though.
  • GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,203
    edited October 2014
    vwp craig - nice deep run

hand 1 - you are in position - of course you are happy to see a flop. as per lambie it's a cheap bet to call on the flop, but the turn is a fold. rather not gamble almost half my stack just in case he is bluffing, 

hand 2 - no. unless you have strong grounds to believe that someone will 3-bet you don't want to be risking a multi-way pot. are you still click-back bluffing? if so you should do it here just to balance your range. if not then i'd prefer a 2.5x raise.
    edited October 2014

Monday's loss of -£21.65 shouldn’t have been a loss at all, I should have came out with profit of £45.47. These losses usually get caused from MTT overplay alone, on this occasion it was cash that had as much to blame as MTTs. The loss from MTT over play was simply going into the main, I want to play DTDs so just forget about the main even if I did miss Saturday’s main event.

The avoidable cash loss wasn’t from chasing, (the reason it happen in the past), this loss was because I simply wasn't in the mood to multi table, deep down I knew I’d be stopping once I exited the final DTD, as that could have been anytime, I didn’t focus on the cash as well as I normally do, The best thing would have been for me to just continue playing DTD 2 and rail some of my team on other tables.

My day should have been a one of cheap MTTs, 1 cash table and a number of SnGo.

Until recently I wasn't really interested in SnG but what I’m starting to find is that SnG are a good way to practice improvements on the mid stages of an MTT. Overall I came out with profit of £14.20 in SnG surviving 2/3 DYM (£5.50), 1/1 DYM (£3.30), 2nd in 6max (£3.30) won £6.30 and 2nd in 6max (£5.50) won £10.50.

The cheap MTTs I should have been in were the DTDs early semi and mega stack rather than mini, I still would have had a loss of -£5.85 but the SnG would make up for that themselves.

The cash table which I did play in the correct timing got me a win of £37.12.

So the day which should have been great was disappointing.

cash  £3
    Sng £14.20
    MTT -£38.85
    overall -21.65
    edited October 2014
    Regular SnGs are definitely a good way to improve various skills used in different stages of MTTs.... DYMs are not.
    edited October 2014
    although i do occasionally enter main events via a direct nuy in, i've set myself a challenge of reaching these UKOPs main events via sats.

i'll allow myself the chance of 1 direct buy in if all else fails as long as i have a great cash run between now and then.
    edited January 2015
    If i'm going to allow myself entry into 1 of those UkOPs main events i will certainly need to avoid the cash tables come out like they did today. some of the hands had me in awful spots questioning weather or not i should bet.
    the losses just didn't stop and eventually i came to a total loss of £99.31.

Sng again seemed to be where i did best, i only really played the SnG because i was hoping to be on TV, my big focus at the time was on the UKOPs semi and quarter as i did get into them both via a sat.
    so having played a £5.50 6 max, £11 6 max, £11 DYM and £5.50 DYM i won the £5.50 6max, was 2nd in the £11 6max and got past the bubble of the £11 DYM which give me a total overall of £22 profit.
    edited October 2014
    total tonight-£110.71
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited October 2014

That KQ hand, was the tiny bet on the river an attempt at a thin value bet or were you attempting to induce oppo to bluff?  I think I'd be tended to fold here, given you've gotten to the river so cheaply - the small bet river bet suggests you don't have a FH yourself so even a 4x may try for max value from an over pair (9s up) or Kx hand?

I get your line for the 2nd hand but think it may be best to give up here... as well as FH options the oppo could easily have made the hand you're repping as well?  If they've called all the way then I'd figure them to still call 88-QQ also... yeah, I don't know how well that will work without specific notes / image.

edited January 2015
    it's quite late so i'll go in better detail tomorrow.
    the story really was a one of freerolls cash to make the points £5.30 sats and a few other MTTs, i managed to make it into the 25K UKOPs semi a i converted the suproller semi sat into cash which then went into the UKOPs quarter
    Essexphil279701£25k UKOPS Semi
    0mc120252£25k UKOPS Semi
    scousestar85453£25k UKOPS Semi
    HAYSIE64004£25k UKOPS Semi
    craigcu1257005£25k UKOPS Semi
    Andy_Horns53606£25k UKOPS Semi
    Bromley02307£69

edited January 2015
    Now that i've added up the overall totals for friday, I think their were a bit a too many sats getting entry, £5.30 doesn't look much but when it all adds up it comes out as a larger amount than expected. The positive thing is i did get into the semi for the big UKOPS, now my challenge is to get into the actual event itsel.

my total friday overall was -43.09
    £27.21 cash
    -£79.30 MTT
    edited October 2014
    sunday of course is the day i'll be in the UKOPS 25K semi, as that is far too dear for me to direct, i'll certainly love it if i could get in via that sat, tonight i choose to make entry in the main and mini through a direct buy, i also loaded up 2 cash tables to play at the time, after an hour i turned my attention away from the MTTs towards cash because of how well i was doing on them cash tables, so the trouble was it soon caused me to make mistakes including a 3bet being made with 73o!.
    overall i lost a total of -£42.35 in MTTs and was not quite concentrating well enough, so the semi on sunday is going to only be played alone with music in back ground.

My cash tables today went in two totally different manners. The first session i had was a one where the bets would consistantly be small vlue bets to keep the heros in the pot, the pots might not be getting big but the thing that mattered most was keeping the weak hands in. Although most tables were about small value, i did have 1 table which was acting in a way that was sure to provide easy money and that had an outcome of £27 whilst the other  outcomes were +/-£6.

The evening cash session well that's a one i'll call big buy in big exits, it might sound like i'm going up the stakes but actually i wasn't, the aggression on these tables had been much larger that earlier, infact you even had gutshots doing 3betting post flop! The main thing i can be thankful of is the number of times i had hit sets, the good thing about hitting sets now was they were sure to get the full stack most times as these heros were too brave and just couldn't make them folds.
    ZOONIE Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £28.00
    x Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £20.74
      Your hole cards

oarsman24 Fold        
    craigcu12 Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £21.28
    shinyqueen Fold        
    ZOONIE Call   £0.75 £2.10 £27.25
    x Call   £0.60 £2.70 £20.14
    Flop

ZOONIE Check        
    x Check        
    craigcu12 Bet   £1.20 £3.90 £20.08
    ZOONIE Call   £1.20 £5.10 £26.05
    x Raise   £7.50 £12.60 £12.64
    craigcu12 Call   £6.30 £18.90 £13.78
    ZOONIE Fold        
    Turn

• Q

x All-in   £12.64 £31.54 £0.00
    craigcu12 Call   £12.64 £44.18 £1.14
    x Show

craigcu12 Show

River

x Win Straight to the 9 £42.38   £42.38
    MTT -£42.35
    cash £66.75
    overall £24.40
    edited October 2014
    "how are things going"? "they going quite well, i'm getting some good pot wins, i've won a great pot"
    "how are things going"? "well not as good as i hoped just had an awful cooler flush loosing to full house, oh well reload".
    "how are you doing"? "fine had some great pot wins my stack is looking good"
    how are you doing"? "grr just lost a large stack now i'll have to hope for a double up, oh man it didn't win so i'm out"

In cash games i managed to put up with it easily because i don't have an issue over the stack size, instead it''s just a case of how my hands are, in MTTs chips mean so much more because i don't have the benifit of reloading, so the last thing i want is to be asked questions on how i'm going every 15 minutes.
    What eventually happened was i bcame positive tilt started getting very confidient then in the mid stages things went pearshaped and i went from positive tilt to a more negative tilt. the person asking me all this doesn't really know poker that much, in MTTs it might seem great having an early chip lead but that is unlikely to effect the chances of final tabling.

still my day turned out great and i won a large sum.
    cash £156.34
    MTT -£52.10
    SnG -£1.50
    overall £102.74

if i was getting ral rather than being checked i'm sure ths  hand would have been talked about because it certainly was an excellent one
    craigcu12 Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £69.47
    bb Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £56.14
      Your hole cards

champlover Fold        
    dubzs Fold        
    a Call   £0.30 £0.75 £27.02
    RyanC7 Fold        
    craigcu12 Call   £0.15 £0.90 £69.32
    Yelomelo Check        
    Flop

craigcu12 Bet   £0.60 £1.50 £68.72
    bb Call   £0.60 £2.10 £55.54
    a Raise   £1.95 £4.05 £25.07
    craigcu12 Call   £1.35 £5.40 £67.37
    bb Call   £1.35 £6.75 £54.19
    Turn

• Q

craigcu12 Bet   £1.80 £8.55 £65.57
    bb Call   £1.80 £10.35 £52.39
    a Raise   £8.10 £18.45 £16.97
    craigcu12 Call   £6.30 £24.75 £59.27
    bb Call   £6.30 £31.05 £46.09
    River

craigcu12 Check        
    bb Bet   £23.29 £54.34 £22.80
    a All-in   £16.97 £71.31 £0.00
    craigcu12 All-in   £59.27 £130.58 £0.00
    bb All-in   £22.80 £153.38 £0.00
    craigcu12 Unmatched bet   £13.18 £140.20 £13.18
    craigcu12 Show

bb Show

a Show

craigcu12 Win Full House, 4s and 2s £138.40   £151.58
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited October 2014
    ^^ must be nice!
    edited October 2014
    today has fealt like a really long day, normally at this time in the evening i would be getting ready for some master cash but tonight will most certainly not be getting me on them, at times i'm not even confident going all in pre with KK concerned i'll loose.

what i think went wrong was my first entry was into a sat for tonights HR quarter, also when i started playing it was an attempt to get out of bordom more than anything, what then happene is i get some coolers and begin feeling annoyed. although i tried to tell him that i didn't want to be constantly asked "how you doing" the person who was in the house with me still continued to ask me it, it now made be feel a bit impatient getting desperate for the time to come when he leaves giving me peace.

As we all know these are not the most relaxing things, unfortunately when playing poker you need to be very relaxed. So overall i've come to a loss of -£103.94

cash -£66.94
    MTT -£30.50
    SnG -£6.50

Tomorrow i will have to house to myself therefore it's a simple case of planning the day well and playing MTTs, cash and SnGs at the right times.