You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Every Don has its day

Comments

• Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don will have its day.:
    In Response to Re: Every Don will have its day. : Hi Don,  1. New logo/avatar suks!  2. Still reading! (That should have been 1 btw!) 3. 200 mtts is a pretty sick schedule?  Also, surely a goal needs to be results orientated ? Just an observation. 4. Erm..thats all....
    Posted by Glenelg
    1. many will agree, but pokemon is something that keeps me happy. Embarrassing as it is to admit to but it was my child hood, and its my "when im down" go to programme. 

2. haha :) 

3. Over a month it should be fine, a friend suggested that 300 would average 15 per day, with some commitments and christmas i felt that 200 would be better/ 

4. (results based just to make it easier and break it up) ummm... normally i'd agree, but i think a huge weakness in my game is grind ethic and tilt. By saying i will play a set schedule (which i will announce later) for a target of playing 200 mtts minimum during the month of December would be far better than me saying i want to earn £500. And that way if i run bad/dont play well, my goal is still achieveable. 

5. :D
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited November 2013
    Yeah results based goals are pretty useless, they're fine for a bit of fun but not much good in terms of measuring success. Don could satellite into the ME, rungood and win it for £2k and smash his target in day 1, or brick 30 MTTs in a row and neither option would be that shocking.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hit the bar, the post and a great save from the keeper

Today i missed my first MM game. I based my schedule around a sleeping pattern which is now lost. Thankfull i think that was the last of the 7am bad boys.

I late reged the 9am busted with kings. Spoke with lambert about it and he suggested a slightly different line pre, but as played i done what i could, and i got ul so thats pokers.

The next one was 6 max, anyways start was poor but when we got going, we got going. I played well on the most part, one mistake but dont think it would have changed things, i missed a river value bet. Bubble pops, im in great shape for a deep run, one double puts me in with the chip leaders, then the guy on the table who has me covered, was a pretty strong player opens. We has kings. We 3bets, he 4bets, well it goes in he has Aces, gg goodnight Vienna etc etc. Delighted with how i played tho, no quarrels with the exit just kinda poor timing. 

So one last scheduled event, never got going tbh, never got above starting, spent most of the time around 50% of starting tbh. Anyways My QQ shove bgot called by AT i got ul gg etc etc.

However i continued to grind. Winamax mtt didnt go well, again just cdnt do anything. First Sky mtt went poor. Both FTP mtts i got ul in, std stuff. 

But 1 last mtt remained. The 2.30 bh. I played about as well as i could. Got deep, got a decent stack, always about average, strange hand happens. basically 4 handed (8 left) SB limps. We check with Q8hh. Anyways flop comes J high all hearts. Yummy. SB pots. We raise small. Stacks wherent an issue but i didnt want a 4th heart killing action. He calls, Turn Heart. F@#K he checks, i check back. River Ah. Well at least i know im good, but how the monkey do i get paid. he checks i bet like 1/8th pot, he calls with a flopped 2 pair (now playing the board) which was annoying. Anyways aa few hands later i open with KTo BTN calls, BB calls (bb was sb in previous hand). Anyways TTQ flop with 2 clubs. We bets quite meaty actually. BB calls, turn again, he now has 2/3rds of his stack in the middle. River club. We have K club so block tonnes of club combos. He has flush. Sigh.

Anyways we grind away and grind away. A 3 way all in for a head and 150% double on FT in interesting, i shove AQ, shorty calls A3 Sb vcalls KQ. Ax3x3 board means i break even for hand and miss out on a head. However i got a ouble and another. Suddenly i was hu. Fwiw i was HU with half the stack 2nd in chips had 5 handed. So i was a huge dog. HU lasted 3 hands, all standard, before A4 into AK and good night. 2 heads plus second place was worth £41. 

A good day all round, but promised soo much more. Its good to be cashing again tho.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Advances

So i slept in again. yes i know i should sleep better. 

So i played the 2nd event, i dropped out of the third due to tilt and frustration. In the event i played i felt i played extremely good pokers. I got very UL with KK v AJ losing all in on Jxx flop and the running AK into AA for the remaining. 

Slightly disappointing.

However in talk of new software, i wont discuss sky software, its clear my opinion is different from many, and that its good. However my new hardware arrived today. Xbox One. And i tell you what a dam machine. 

Sky poker app for xbox please :) 
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Motovation

Motovation is lacking at the moment. Im not 100% of the reason as when im playing i feel im playing well. I have decided to see out my MM schedule (tomorrow) and take a week off till dec wjhen i plan my 200 mtt grind. 

Today i had 3 events again i missed one, the second i lasted 15 mins. I couldnt help but peel mega deep from the BB v 2 super passive fish with 75s. Board runs out 68Q9. Guy has TJ, to be fair i should have got away on the river.

The next one was insane, awesome start then just couldn't do anything. However we did get a small cash before busting with Jacks into Aces.

All pretty standard stuff.

My main focus is turning to December now, and the 200 game plan. 

Will be playing daytime but looking for suggestions on games. I have a rough schedule in my head, but curious as to hear what people have as a favourite mtt in the day 
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2013
    Advances So i slept in again. yes i know i should sleep better.  So i played the 2nd event, i dropped out of the third due to tilt and frustration. In the event i played i felt i played extremely good pokers. I got very UL with KK v AJ losing all in on Jxx flop and the running AK into AA for the remaining.  Slightly disappointing. However in talk of new software, i wont discuss sky software, its clear my opinion is different from many, and that its good. However my new hardware arrived today. Xbox One. And i tell you what a dam machine.  Sky poker app for xbox please :) 
    Posted by The_Don90
    I read earlier that your xbox told you off for shouting at a referee during the game.

If you could play sky poker on it, it'd probably explode.
  • Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    edited November 2013
    Motovation Motovation is lacking at the moment. Im not 100% of the reason as when im playing i feel im playing well. I have decided to see out my MM schedule (tomorrow) and take a week off till dec wjhen i plan my 200 mtt grind.  Today i had 3 events again i missed one, the second i lasted 15 mins. I couldnt help but peel mega deep from the BB v 2 super passive fish with 75s. Board runs out 68Q9. Guy has TJ, to be fair i should have got away on the river. The next one was insane, awesome start then just couldn't do anything. However we did get a small cash before busting with Jacks into Aces. All pretty standard stuff. My main focus is turning to December now, and the 200 game plan.  Will be playing daytime but looking for suggestions on games. I have a rough schedule in my head, but curious as to hear what people have as a favourite mtt in the day 
    Posted by The_Don90

what stakes MTTs are you looking at playing? I can probably give you the lowdown on most of em... (according to SS I have played 472 so far this month lol)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don will have its day. : what stakes MTTs are you looking at playing? I can probably give you the lowdown on most of em... (according to SS I have played 472 so far this month lol)
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Umm £5 $5 and €5 or lower. 

• Options
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don will have its day. : I read earlier that your xbox told you off for shouting at a referee during the game. If you could play sky poker on it, it'd probably explode.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    for those wondering what the donkey jj is talking about. basically a ref made a bad decision and i told him to go play with himself less polite. 

The board had the above to say. 
  • Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don will have its day. : Umm £5 $5 and €5 or lower. 
    Posted by The_Don90

There are a few deep stacks and a megastack on sky @ £5.50- not quite as bingoee as the BH's...but if ur looking for them to finish quick then I also like the timed tourneys. Beware tho- people will call shoves with all sorts in the timed ones for some reason- so ifs tilt badly then probably best to avoid them. 
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don will have its day.:
    In Response to Re: Every Don will have its day. : There are a few deep stacks and a megastack on sky @ £5.50- not quite as bingoee as the BH's...but if ur looking for them to finish quick then I also like the timed tourneys. Beware tho- people will call shoves with all sorts in the timed ones for some reason- so ifs tilt badly then probably best to avoid them. 
    Posted by chicknMelt

BHs are one of my fav mtts will defo have a few in my schedule. Just annoying that there 15% rake. 

I'll have a look at the deepies, havent played one on sky for a while. 

Timed tournies are abit meh for me. Never really enjoyed them, but i dont really understand strat to them either which is probably a good reason why. 

• Options
    edited November 2013
    The end of MM and the plan for December

Micromillions as a whole didn't go great, missed about 25% of mtts, only i can be blamed for that. Very few cashes, and not a single deep run. 

Today again i missed mtt 1, the second was a hyper HU comp. Round 1 i got a horrible draw. This boy was aggressive, in all the hu matches I've played i dont think I've ever played against someone this aggressive before. He just kept bareling. Put me in some sticky spots, where i called with 4th pair. I know thats the high variance route but its a hyper and this spot will happen alot v this kinda guy. Once we won, the next he backed his way into the nuts. Anyways then came the interesting part, the jam, or 3b jam stage. We came out ontop. Apart from one strange one where he decided to jam J5o it was an interesting spell. We managed to win our 40/60 and our second of 2 60/40's to take it down.

The second match was a great draw. Unfortunetly we lost with AK v A9 pretty standard, we 3b pre flop AQ9r he jams turn we have to call we dont get there. Then We peel from 20bb with J8ss flop lands with 2 spades, we c/shove he snapped with AK high no spade and holds. Sigh. 

So disappointing overall. 

The plan ive worked out based on 21 playing days in december, and i think ill have 2 or 3 more i need to average just under 10 mtts per day. Which is defo acheiveable. I will play 0 sats, 0 stts and NO CASH! I was going to put out a schedule but after discussing with a friend who knows of my high variance sleeping routine we think its best i just play around whats going on at the time rather than a set group of mtts. 

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Why does it feel so bad, when i should feel so good

Ok i know im late starting, start of the month i got distracted by the xbox, then mel had family staying, then mels 21st, and then food poisioning. I was still suffering with the last today but thought if i don't start now i never will. 

So i started, Over 4 sites. Ul in some spots on Winamax and Stars mtts, and a bad start on sky, but managed to hold. Anyways First FT came in a Sky bh 3rd inc head got about £21. 

The second final table was on the very following bh, this time i won a critical hand and ended up hu a 2.5/1 dog. Probably the longest hu i've ever played followed, im not sure how long it took, but it was a while, easily over 30 mins. Anyways eventually i won the key hand AJ v AT AIP for all the chips bar 6k. The game finnished about 6 hands later. £99.18 is the cash here inc heads. 

One more FT was to follow from the 8 total games i got in. FTP was the venue. I was chip leader for a long, long time. Like 80 left all the way till 14 left. The 2nd and 3rd clashed and i lost it, although was still a close second. Anyways then a strange hand, the AA v T7, then KK v K2, then AQ v T2 All in on 997 then 77 v AA and 22 v AA later i was out in 8th for $19 with $190 up top. Despite such a good profitable day as a result i feel kind of sick. 
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I'd also like to add in my break i was talking to some m8s on xbox, and they where playing some free poker game, so i went on for the banter, really reminded me of why i got into poker in the first place. 
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,578
    edited December 2013
    I did wonder where you'd gone!  I couldn't find any "That's it I've had enough" threads (well no recent ones anyways!) so I assumed you were prob grinding.   ;-) good luck......
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    A new dawn, a new day and I'm feeling gooooood.. dum dum etc etc

So December never really got going, If im honest i finnished +£81 up over all sites but i just wasn't enjoying it, that mixed with christmas, mels 21st, new year and several other things i just thought i'd enjoy the finer aspects of life. 

However today its came to my attention sky have a prize thing for PS4's for non-priority members. 

My highers is 1800 points, but this month i will focus' purely on sky, and plan to win me a ps4. 

So gl me, gl all, and Don is back. 
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,707
    edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Every Don will have its day. Don's quest for a PS4:
    A new dawn, a new day and I'm feeling gooooood.. dum dum etc etc So December never really got going, If im honest i finnished +£81 up over all sites but i just wasn't enjoying it, that mixed with christmas, mels 21st, new year and several other things i just thought i'd enjoy the finer aspects of life.  However today its came to my attention sky have a prize thing for PS4's for non-priority members.  My highers is 1800 points, but this month i will focus' purely on sky, and plan to win me a ps4.  So gl me, gl all, and Don is back. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Sooooo young!

Good to have you back, hope you run well in Jan and do enough to get one.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

In the beginning

Thanks Mike, hope your well.

Session today started well, at one point I was around £30 in profit. Then one of the players that just seem to have my number sat down. My notes tell me one thing, their lines tell me another, but every time I get to showdown backs up my notes. Its rather frustrating.

A few hands that I found interesting I shall post.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
     Big blind  £0.10 £0.10 £8.36
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

yddis Call  £0.10 £0.20 £16.28
    The_Don90 Raise  £0.30 £0.50 £11.35
    FLASH416 Call  £0.30 £0.80 £4.55
    TINTIN Fold     
     Call  £0.20 £1.00 £8.16
    yddis Call  £0.20 £1.20 £16.08
    Flop

• A

Check     
    yddis Check     
    The_Don90 Bet  £0.40 £1.60 £10.95
    FLASH416 Fold     
     Call  £0.40 £2.00 £7.76
    yddis Fold     
    Turn

Check     
    The_Don90 Bet  £0.60 £2.60 £10.35
     Call  £0.60 £3.20 £7.16
    River

Bet  £3.20 £6.40 £3.96
    The_Don90 Fold     
     Muck     
     Win  £2.96  £6.92
     Return  £3.20 £0.24 £10.12
    No reads on that villain, I hate folding but feel I have to just fold. :(
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    wartic Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £8.82
    TINTIN Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.85
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

lcfcfan14 Fold     
    The_Don90 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £20.14
     Raise  £1.05 £1.50 £16.21
    easytiger1 Fold     
    wartic Fold     
    TINTIN Fold     
    The_Don90 Call  £0.75 £2.25 £19.39
    Flop

• Q

The_Don90 Check     
     Bet  £1.69 £3.94 £14.52
    The_Don90 Call  £1.69 £5.63 £17.70
    Turn

• K

The_Don90 Check     
     Check     
    River

The_Don90 Bet  £3.00 £8.63 £14.70
     Call  £3.00 £11.63 £11.52
    The_Don90 Show
    • K
    • K

Muck
    • Q
    • A

The_Don90 Win Three Kings £10.75  £25.45
    The second hand I take an unorthodox line due to the villain. The villain is a known reg and Is always a thorn in my side. Still feel I lost a few bob.

After that the session took a turn for the worse, and I was on the wrong end of a few coolers, couldn't find a standard fold, and overplayed a draw. In the end I finished -£12

Points wise I'm below target, but its no good spending £450 to make a £450 machine, so I thought I'll stand before I make any more mistakes and relax for a while.
  • Options
    kidwiz10kidwiz10 Member Posts: 569
    edited January 2014
    Hand 1>Raise more pre and betting a 1/3 pot is to small on the flop , then your turn bet looks extremely weak so you would have been better checking there rather than bettin that small.

Hand 2>I dont get that flat your 200BBs and hes 150BBs deep , losing so much value buy just flatting his 3bet , if he has AA then so be it but 9/10 times its gunna be AK,AQ ,QQ,JJ , its hard to build the pot and get payed if the flop runs out A X X when you will straight away asume hes got "Ax" then fold.
    The way youve played the hand seems like your playing with scared money and dont wanna get in a big pot with this player or you have put him on "AA" and just trying to lose the minimum , makes no sense in all honest.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hand 1 yeah fair points, wont disagree as i think ur right. 

Hand 2, The flat pre was to disguise my range, against most opponents at this level i have faith in my post flop game so i peel alot. And i don't 4b a huge amount. So i felt by peeling i could keep my range wide. On the flop i can keep that illussion going. I never ever assume someone has a hand, i think thats a huge leak i think many people have. I won't denie this play probably has had the better of me before this in this session though.