You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Glasgow. If you hope to qualify, please read this.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,194

^^^^

You have a friend?
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Tikay10 said:

BlairReid said:

EvilPingu said:

The SPT Grand Final is £550.

Could I pay £330 plus an unused Glasgow seat to enter the Grand Final in Manchester, for instance?

If I had 3 SPT Glasgow leftover seats, could I buy in to the Grand Final with those and have £110 refunded?

This seems like a pretty sensible question to me. Not sure if it was just overlooked or if it was classed as a far-fetched hypothetical. This question is grounded firmly in reality.

Given the fact that a few people will likely end up with multiple tickets, and there's a decent chance some of these people will get through on one bullet, it would be nice to have this cleared up. The t+c's seem to point to no; when they say that it has to be used for an SPT of the same value (of which there are currently no plans for). However, we've seen that the t+c's are open to change for the better.

Assuming that people are playing these in good faith, and use at least one bullet in Glasgow, then excluding people from carrying seats forward to the one SPT date that we are sure of doesn't seem very pragmatic.
    So, I'll find out the answer to the original question by The Evil One & get back to you, but it won't be until Monday now, as my man in the office is off all weekend.

Have a great weekend.

Any answer to this yet please Tikay?
  • Options
    EvilPingu said:

Tikay10 said:

BlairReid said:

EvilPingu said:

Could I pay £330 plus an unused Glasgow seat to enter the Grand Final in Manchester, for instance?

If I had 3 SPT Glasgow leftover seats, could I buy in to the Grand Final with those and have £110 refunded?

This seems like a pretty sensible question to me. Not sure if it was just overlooked or if it was classed as a far-fetched hypothetical. This question is grounded firmly in reality.

Given the fact that a few people will likely end up with multiple tickets, and there's a decent chance some of these people will get through on one bullet, it would be nice to have this cleared up. The t+c's seem to point to no; when they say that it has to be used for an SPT of the same value (of which there are currently no plans for). However, we've seen that the t+c's are open to change for the better.

Assuming that people are playing these in good faith, and use at least one bullet in Glasgow, then excluding people from carrying seats forward to the one SPT date that we are sure of doesn't seem very pragmatic.
    So, I'll find out the answer to the original question by The Evil One & get back to you, but it won't be until Monday now, as my man in the office is off all weekend.

Have a great weekend.

No, but I've raised the topic with the Office this morning, & should have an answer tout-de- suite.
  • Options
    EvilPingu said:

Tikay10 said:

BlairReid said:

EvilPingu said:

Have a great weekend.

This has now been clarified, details follow. Hopefully, the world won't end as it did last week when Sky Poker tweaked the system with the intent of making life easier, only to overlook a detail & then get accused of all sorts of jiggery pokery. The complete lack of trust in Sky Poker, & the assumption they were up to no good really came as a surprise to me. Sad times.

So, the situation is;

1) If you win multiple seats to Glasgow
    2) If you don't use them all in Glasgow
    3) If want to play the Grand Final and haven't qualified online for it

Then yes, you can use or put towards Grand Final seats from SPT Glasgow. However, you MUST attend & play SPT Glasgow if you wish your spare seats to go towards the Grand Final. And it'd be nice if folks don't game the system.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

This has now been clarified, details follow. Hopefully, the world won't end as it did last week when Sky Poker tweaked the system with the intent of making life easier, only to overlook a detail & then get accused of all sorts of jiggery pokery. The complete lack of trust in Sky Poker, & the assumption they were up to no good really came as a surprise to me. Sad times.

So, the situation is;

1) If you win multiple seats to Glasgow
    2) If you don't use them all in Glasgow
    3) If want to play the Grand Final and haven't qualified online for it

Then yes, you can use or put towards Grand Final seats from SPT Glasgow. However, you MUST attend & play SPT Glasgow if you wish your spare seats to go towards the Grand Final. And it'd be nice if folks don't game the system.

Seems fair - Thanks :)
  • Options
    cal69cal69 Member Posts: 34
    After my 4th attempt of trying in the semi sat ive finally got into my first ever SPT :D:D
  • Options
    ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    been on the phone all day to the lotto... told them that i was not able to see the last draws so wondered if my tickets could be carried over to the next draw, after the line seemed to disconnect 6 times i was finally told.......NO

do not understand why this is such a big problem for people still. if you play for a seat in Glasgow then play Glasgow. if you cant play in Glasgow then do not play for them.

the fact sky have now said you can carry extra over as long as you play one in Glasgow is a bonus and nice of sky to do, so do not see why there would still be any issues.

lets stop taking the P*** with it and if you cant make it do not play them.

well done @cal69 hope you enjoy it
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,040
    cal69 said:

After my 4th attempt of trying in the semi sat ive finally got into my first ever SPT :D:D

Well done @cal69, see you in Glasgow
  • Options
    cal69 said:

Yay.

Well done @cal69, see you in Glasgow.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    ckd said:

been on the phone all day to the lotto... told them that i was not able to see the last draws so wondered if my tickets could be carried over to the next draw, after the line seemed to disconnect 6 times i was finally told.......NO

The difference being that, unless you hurt your jackpot equity by entering the same set of numbers in the lottery twice, then you don't stand to lose anything extra as a result of entering multiple times.

If you win multiple seats and can't use them and have them go to waste in your scenario, that makes it a losing proposition to win multiple seats via sats for anyone involved if they make day 2 on the 1st bullet an average amount. Therefore, you can't make a comparison between these two things as they are in no way alike.

Plus, if the sats become "winner take all" with one seat guaranteed, once all the sats have no regs playing, then many recs will lose interest in attempting satellites and it hurts the tour massively. So IMO it was never a sensible option.

But you might say "Well they could still buy back in if they bust so don't play any more sats" - In this spot, you can't expect people coming from afar to attend a £220 MTT with only one bullet. You also can't expect recreational players in particular (but any non-pro really) to punt a direct buyin to re-enter at £220 a pop.

Would I travel from outside of Scotland to Glasgow to play a single bullet in an SPT? Probs not. Would I travel if I could try to win two seats for idk, £250? And keep my second entry for a later date if I don't use it? Probably.