You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My story

Comments

• Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Nicely done Tom.
    Some upbeat lines, in the face of adversity, which, thankfully, seem to be receding in the rear view mirror of your nice new car, put in to perspective some of the rubbish being posted by some.
    Keep smiling, I will be at SPT Brighton and look forward to meeting you.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    Good Afternoon avid reader.
    Poker is tough, maybe I should do some research into how to play ( maybe not)
    I was pretty low br wise, the consideration of taking up a new hobby was at the forefront of my thoughts, until...I managed to somehow reach the ft of the mini ( you know, that tournament I need to win to complete Wallers challenge thingy)

Good news / bad news.
    I got heads up with Wynne, I thought I played pretty well on the ft, I also thought I played pretty well in my play on a K666x board out of position by enticing good old Wynne to shove on the river where my trusty K will see my stack in an unassailable lead.

Quads beat full houses 😏 doh.

Looking forward to Brighton Spt, I’m hoping to qualify by the satellite route, failing that I’m hoping to min cash my way to pay the entry fee, fingers crossed.

Life stuff.
    Work is going ok, it’s getting harder week by week to maintain my peak fitness level due to not being at peak fitness in my 60’s.
    Dear daughter made me the most proud dad ever this week, she sent me a message saying she had got the bus in town with her son ( gorgeous grandson) and was buzzing that she managed to do that and go into town.

Note to SR23 My dear daughter has been going through some really bad stuff, her depression was at one point causing my wife and I great sadness and distress, we do what we can to help but ‘at the end of the day’ it can only be down to her to manage to fight her way out of this awful space, suffice to say one day at a time things do get better, and there’s an awful lot to be thankful for in this world.

Keeping in mind the above, my good lady and I really need a holiday, we had been putting off booking one until there was some sign of improvement in my dear daughter.

We decided to bite the bullet and look for a cruise to celebrate our 30th anniversary this year, now we have booked in the past throug a certain well known company that has kept their hymen intact., however they didn’t seem to want our business too much when I was asking the usual questions.

Step forward ( take a deep breath folks) hrry
    You may know him as the voice of reason in these parts, he’s the type of guy everyone loves 😊
    He has been absolutely great in helping us book our holiday, answer my inane question s and be thoroughly professional in his work, being on call for us pretty much 24/7
    If he can answer my question straight away he does so, if not, he finds out who can and gets back to us pretty prompt.
    So, if anyone is looking to go on holiday and wants a no hassle great service I can say with hand on heart that hrry ( Or Jon to those privileged enough to call him a mate) is the one can trust.

Cmon England
    Be good, be nice x
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Cheers, Tom. Very kind words indeed.

I'll post that tenner tomorrow.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    By the way, did I forget to tell you that your flight to Miami starts in Kenya?

I'll make it £20 tomorrow instead.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,320

By the way, did I forget to tell you that your flight to Miami starts in Kenya?

I'll make it £20 tomorrow instead.

ABUSE flag incoming.
  • Options
    ^^^^^

Mean't to say ANOTHER abuse flag incoming.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Good Morning
    Poker stuff ~ I’m doing ok lately, managed a 3rd in the mini on Monday and won the £5 £1k gtd last night, not so good in the Spt sats though., closest I have got was fin 5th in the semi with 3 seats gtd.
    I read that a certain Mr.Bates usually runs pretty bad so I was overjoyed when having 22 I decided to raise his B.B and on a flop of A25 ( looks good for me so far) he check raised me all in and shows the mighty 34; So pleased for him 😊, really hope this is the start of a turn of good fortune for the giant of the online game.

Life stuff
    Apart from me falling to pieces bit by bit, life’s pretty good at present.

I have a certain ‘Thing’ which seems to irritate some people.
    It’s kinda like people who have an ( irrational ?) fear of confined spaces
    I have an ( irrational ?) fear of online transactions, I simply don’t do them, anything I or the family have ‘ needed’ to purchase online, my good lady has done.
    Thing is...this is how my (irrational?) brain views the online purchasing process ~
    BeforeI start with my analogy, I would like to say I really do like shopping where people deal with people, I’m old.

The way I see it, the online world of purchasing stuff starts with a big empty warehouse, you toddle into the big empty warehouse, leave your money and a note of what you want, toddle out.
    Next day you go to the big warehouse and if you are lucky, some kind soul has taken your money, and left you the purchase of choice.
    This big warehouse is great, people come and go and everything you want to buy can be bought there.
    The downside is.
    Sometimes your goods go to a different warehouse.
    The warehouse is secured by a lock from the pound shop.

Off to work now.
    Have a lovely day all.x
  • Options

Morning Tom - check your PM's please, have sent you one.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    Morning Tom
    Always good to see this thread.

I think it’s a case of be careful what you wish for.

A little while ago there were so many grumbles about too many diaries. Well, they’ve mostly gone to be replaced by a plethora of rigged and chat abuse threads.

Me, I’m club biased and prefer to read about real stuff that’s interesting.

Looking forwards to seeing you in Brighton.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Morning Tom - check your PM's please, have sent you one.

Good evening Mr.K
    Thank you.
    When you get a Moment could you check your pm’s please.
  • Options
    Hi Paul
    It would be great to meet up in Brighton
    I just need to work out how to get there 😉
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    What @Jac35 said - always pleased to see when this diary has been updated. Enjoy your weekend.
  • Options

Hi Tom @tomgoodun

Over 2 months since an update, hope you & the family are all OK Tom.
  • Options

That's a great reply Tom @tomgoodun

I have to say this made me laugh, especially given I probably play even less hands than you do.....

"....I used my famed patience and discipline to last through the bubble - at one point I tried to view the other table when my log in expired due to lack of activity...."

That's a wonderful wife you have there, too.
  • Options
    BlackpumaBlackpuma Member Posts: 203
    Should spend more time reading the forum, Great read Tom and i'm with you on the hols, Love spending time abroad B)
  • Options
    Evening all.
    Methinks it’s time I gave my fans something to moan about.

A mixed bag is how I would describe things in the goodun household, I shall start with how poker has been going so those that aren’t keen on life stuff can ignore the bottom bit.

Since my last update ( must try harder to let those interested know how the fish are swimming these days) I had my best month ever on sky poker, during September I managed to withdraw money pretty much every week I played, usually I play 3 days a week, dependent on how much of a good boy I have been and how many brownie points I accumulate.

When my good lady checked the bank balance I had put in £2k over the month, which is nice.

Overall, the chaps on the tables I play are a really decent set of people, some get a bit miffed at me being lucky all the time 😊, I have to say though, I do get unlucky once in a while, not often though...

I haven’t opted in to sharkscope since the new rules, so I could be fibbing ( I’m not 😊)
    I did try to opt in once as I was asking a friend to check something for me, but I struggled with the process, it asked for an email address and my lack of trust kicked in so I thought I’d leave it for now, until the online world is trustworthy 😉.

Life stuff.
    This is where I’m afraid things have taken a turn for the worst., my dear daughter ( who I have mentioned previously suffers with depression) started to feel her mood going downhill, she did all the right things and tried to get in touch with her key worker, unfortunately they were off sick for the foreseeable so my daughter tried to work through things, being at home all day with an 18month old and feeling you are the worst mum in the world isn’t the best recipe for success.

As much as we as parents try to help, and say the right things, nothing seemed to be helping her, she got into such a bad space that we had to get in touch with the “team” that should be monitoring her, now I know the national health service in this country is a wonderful thing, and we would be lost without it, but a small minority of the staff seem to have taken their eye off the ball, of course they are overworked and the budgets have been slashed, so I understand that it’s mightily difficult for them.

Long story short, she got a place in a sanctuary for a week, my good lady and I took turns to have time off work to look after gorgeous grandson, it’s not easy looking after children is it ?

When my dear daughter had to leave the place and return home she seemed to be in a worse space than when she went in, so much so that she decided the world would be a better place if she wasn’t in it.
    Luckily enough her partner managed to save her from her attempt, and we had the whole team round to discuss a way forward.
    As a parent you want your children to be happy, it’s heartbreaking to see your child in such a bad space, I don’t know what triggers these episodes, it has been given a name but that doesn’t help us.

I stupidly started posting when my emotion levels were all over the place, I really am that stupid, I consider myself a fairly level headed person who has a bit of a stubborn streak, my level headedness went out of the window, and the child in me took over, it does that sometimes.

Time is a great healer as a wise man once said ( good news for Brexit 😉) and day by day things are starting to improve ( not my poker skills, I still rely on luck) so much so that my dear daughter this week has said she is looking forward to Xmas , which is a massive step forward.

That’s enough from poor me, anyone who has read this far well done.

If I don’t post before I wish everyone a happy, healthy holiday Xmas and holiday season. X
  • Options

Crikey Tom, it never rains, it pours, eh?

Roll on 2019, and pass my best wishes on to Mrs Tom.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Oh dear, so happy that the worst thing possible didn't happen there.

All the very best to you and your family Tom
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    Hope things work out Tom you are a true gent