You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My story

Comments

• Options
    Chris_McChris_Mc Member Posts: 1,340
    tomgoodun said:

Evening all.
    Methinks it’s time I gave my fans something to moan about.

A mixed bag is how I would describe things in the goodun household, I shall start with how poker has been going so those that aren’t keen on life stuff can ignore the bottom bit.

Since my last update ( must try harder to let those interested know how the fish are swimming these days) I had my best month ever on sky poker, during September I managed to withdraw money pretty much every week I played, usually I play 3 days a week, dependent on how much of a good boy I have been and how many brownie points I accumulate.

When my good lady checked the bank balance I had put in £2k over the month, which is nice.

Overall, the chaps on the tables I play are a really decent set of people, some get a bit miffed at me being lucky all the time 😊, I have to say though, I do get unlucky once in a while, not often though...

I haven’t opted in to sharkscope since the new rules, so I could be fibbing ( I’m not 😊)
    I did try to opt in once as I was asking a friend to check something for me, but I struggled with the process, it asked for an email address and my lack of trust kicked in so I thought I’d leave it for now, until the online world is trustworthy 😉.

Life stuff.
    This is where I’m afraid things have taken a turn for the worst., my dear daughter ( who I have mentioned previously suffers with depression) started to feel her mood going downhill, she did all the right things and tried to get in touch with her key worker, unfortunately they were off sick for the foreseeable so my daughter tried to work through things, being at home all day with an 18month old and feeling you are the worst mum in the world isn’t the best recipe for success.

As much as we as parents try to help, and say the right things, nothing seemed to be helping her, she got into such a bad space that we had to get in touch with the “team” that should be monitoring her, now I know the national health service in this country is a wonderful thing, and we would be lost without it, but a small minority of the staff seem to have taken their eye off the ball, of course they are overworked and the budgets have been slashed, so I understand that it’s mightily difficult for them.

Long story short, she got a place in a sanctuary for a week, my good lady and I took turns to have time off work to look after gorgeous grandson, it’s not easy looking after children is it ?

When my dear daughter had to leave the place and return home she seemed to be in a worse space than when she went in, so much so that she decided the world would be a better place if she wasn’t in it.
    Luckily enough her partner managed to save her from her attempt, and we had the whole team round to discuss a way forward.
    As a parent you want your children to be happy, it’s heartbreaking to see your child in such a bad space, I don’t know what triggers these episodes, it has been given a name but that doesn’t help us.

I stupidly started posting when my emotion levels were all over the place, I really am that stupid, I consider myself a fairly level headed person who has a bit of a stubborn streak, my level headedness went out of the window, and the child in me took over, it does that sometimes.

Time is a great healer as a wise man once said ( good news for Brexit 😉) and day by day things are starting to improve ( not my poker skills, I still rely on luck) so much so that my dear daughter this week has said she is looking forward to Xmas , which is a massive step forward.

That’s enough from poor me, anyone who has read this far well done.

If I don’t post before I wish everyone a happy, healthy holiday Xmas and holiday season. X

Hi Tom,

Hope everything works out for the family, as you said time is a great healer and from my experience it is exactly that, Depression is something i never really understood, a bit like poker, until a close family member suffered from it that is. Then was a horrible experience for all involved. All the help in the world and medication, good weeks bad weeks and things i could never imagine trying was happening. all cases are different and cant imagine how i would feel if it was my daughters going through this.

Seems she has lots of good people around her and that's what matters. all cases and people are different, i didn't think we where going to get through it TBH, but overtime and strong family there was light at the end of the tunnel, although it was a long tunnel to go through.

But hopefully Tom overtime as you mentioned, time is great healer and it all sorts itself out.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    Thanks Mark, Harry and Mr.K. Much appreciated.

Hi Chris, really appreciate your post thank you., I have to admit to being in two minds whether to post these dark times, it is perceived in some quarters as attention seeking, but when I started this story I had in mind to write the bad times as well as the good, and there have been plenty of good times along the way.

Played a bit of poker last night, won the £3 PL08 which keeps my balance going in the right direction, other tournaments I played didn’t go so well, got a few bounties in the mini and £11bh, but didn’t make the payouts.

I need to pull my finger out and buy the good lady a Xmas gift, she had sorted everyone else out, how come it’s so difficult for me to think of what to buy her? She has everything she needs in me 😏 maybe I’ll just wrap myself up and ‘surprise ‘ her on the day, pretty sure she will be ecstatic with that.

Be nice , have fun x
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited December 2018
    That’s a gruesome image I need to shift from my head Tom
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,550
    Hi Tom, always find new Hoover goes down well. cough!
  • Options
    Laughter is the best Medicine for Depression, it lifts you from that dark place.
  • Options
    Hi Goldon, I think that a new hoover would go down as well as the flannelette nighty I allegedly bought her one year - she’s never let me forget that slight transgression 🙄

Hi Paul, just say the word and I will post pics , you know you want to 😏
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Hi Goldon, I think that a new hoover would go down as well as the flannelette nighty I allegedly bought her one year - she’s never let me forget that slight transgression 🙄

Give up long time ago trying to buy wife surprise Christmas/ Birthday gifts ever since I bought her Necklace & Earrings turned out to be for Child, just ask her now or give her the money.......... she loves the January sales so easy please. The Fiver won't go far this year though.!

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,292
    So sorry to hear about your daughters problems Tom, I hope she gets the help she needs and that they get to the bottom of what is causing her issues and get it resolved. It must be an awful worry for you.

I'm glad the poker is going well for you but it really is insignificant isn't it (certainly at the levels we play at) in the grand scheme of things?

Helpful tips for presents for the wife? I bought my other half some new wellington boots for her birthday so I do know how to spoil a lady, maybe get her some wellies as long as your prepared to spend £100 on some top name ones, I got myself a pair of Dunlop ones for £12 including postage, they keep my feet just as dry.

Can I just ask that if you sent Jac some naked pictures of yourself you do it by private message, it's his birthday tomorrow I'm sure he'd appreciate the thought.
  • Options
    Enut said:

So sorry to hear about your daughters problems Tom, I hope she gets the help she needs and that they get to the bottom of what is causing her issues and get it resolved. It must be an awful worry for you.

I'm glad the poker is going well for you but it really is insignificant isn't it (certainly at the levels we play at) in the grand scheme of things?

Helpful tips for presents for the wife? I bought my other half some new wellington boots for her birthday so I do know how to spoil a lady, maybe get her some wellies as long as your prepared to spend £100 on some top name ones, I got myself a pair of Dunlop ones for £12 including postage, they keep my feet just as dry.

Can I just ask that if you sent Jac some naked pictures of yourself you do it by private message, it's his birthday tomorrow I'm sure he'd appreciate the thought.

Thanks for the kind words Paul, so.... Wellingtons, a flanellette nighty and a hoover - is the **** Emery look in fashion this year? 😊

Naked pics of me? Even the wife won’t be that lucky 😉
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,320
    Type your comment
    tomgoodun said:

Hi Chris, really appreciate your post thank you., I have to admit to being in two minds whether to post these dark times, it is perceived in some quarters as attention seeking, but when I started this story I had in mind to write the bad times as well as the good, and there have been plenty of good times along the way.

Played a bit of poker last night, won the £3 PL08 which keeps my balance going in the right direction, other tournaments I played didn’t go so well, got a few bounties in the mini and £11bh, but didn’t make the payouts.

I need to pull my finger out and buy the good lady a Xmas gift, she had sorted everyone else out, how come it’s so difficult for me to think of what to buy her? She has everything she needs in me 😏 maybe I’ll just wrap myself up and ‘surprise ‘ her on the day, pretty sure she will be ecstatic with that.

Be nice , have fun x

Tom,

You must ignore those sort of comments.

Nobody HAS to read Diaries, & if folks don't enjoy them, don't read them.

The vast majority here enjoy reading Diaries, especially yours, which is almost certainly the most popular thread on here. We are sharing that journey with you, & for us, the readers, there's a certain satisfaction in thinking that our empathy, thoughts & words might just help a little bit.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

tomgoodun said:

Be nice , have fun x

Tom,

You must ignore those sort of comments.

Nobody HAS to read Diaries, & if folks don't enjoy them, don't read them.

The vast majority here enjoy reading Diaries, especially yours, which is almost certainly the most popular thread on here. We are sharing that journey with you, & for us, the readers, there's a certain satisfaction in thinking that our empathy, thoughts & words might just help a little bit.

Hi Mr.K

Thanks for this, I must admit all the positive feedback is a great help to me, I know people view and don’t post but that’s ok, I appreciate every post which people make on here, as you say - the empathy is a great help.

There’s a lot of anger currently in this country, and to have the majority of people showing how kind they are gives me hope for the future, not only for me and my family, but for life in general.
  • Options
    IrishRoseIrishRose Member Posts: 1,663
    I'm sorry to hear your daughters troubles Tom - I'm just glad she has such a supportive family. I've had a family member suffer aswell - it's a lot more common than people realise - the "black dog" indeed :(. One of the problems can be that as soon as you think you're in a good place you almost get abandoned by "the system". I'm just waffling now as I haven't got the words - but I just want to wish you and your family well xxx

PS Please keep posting xx
  • Options
    IrishRose said:

I'm sorry to hear your daughters troubles Tom - I'm just glad she has such a supportive family. I've had a family member suffer aswell - it's a lot more common than people realise - the "black dog" indeed :(. One of the problems can be that as soon as you think you're in a good place you almost get abandoned by "the system". I'm just waffling now as I haven't got the words - but I just want to wish you and your family well xxx

PS Please keep posting xx

Hi Rose, thanks for the message.

I agree with what you say about almost getting abandoned by the system, it must be very difficult for them to prioritise with limited resources though, I’m no expert in this field but saying to a person we are reducing your medication because “ You haven’t tried to kill yourself or anything like that” maybe not the best way forward.

One week to go at work, I finish next Thursday and my dear daughter has agreed to come with me into town to purchase a present for my good lady, pretty sure that there won’t be many people in town as everyone else will have bought theirs, cunning eh 😊

Having been lucky enough to go to Vegas a few times, my wife and I said we will give it a miss this year so as not to become bored of going.

I really want to go there now 😩

Love to all x
  • Options

"....my wife and I said we will give it a miss this year...."

Morning Tom.

An alternative version of that convo goes like this;

Wife; - I don't think we should go to Vegas this year.

Husband; - OK Dear.

PS - Hope all is well at home.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

"....my wife and I said we will give it a miss this year...."

Morning Tom.

An alternative version of that convo goes like this;

Wife; - I don't think we should go to Vegas this year.

Husband; - OK Dear.

PS - Hope all is well at home.

Haha , seems about right.
    Things at home aren’t too bad at present, gorgeous grandson has just got over a cold ( or baby flu) and seems to have been saving all his energy up for when he got better, it’s lovely when I come in from work and he comes running to the door to greet me 😊.
  • Options
    Tried to post a pic of dear daughter and grandson from my phone, don’t know if it has worked, I always say to her she looks lovely but when she is in a bad space she tells me I know your just saying that because your my dad..

I think she inherited my looks 😊
  • Options
    Type your comment
    tomgoodun said:

Tried to post a pic of dear daughter and grandson from my phone, don’t know if it has worked, I always say to her she looks lovely but when she is in a bad space she tells me I know your just saying that because your my dad..

The photo has uploaded just fine, & it's a grand photo of Daughter & Grandson, really grand.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    tomgoodun said:

Definitely never picked up her looks up from you.......a blessing really :wink:

Have a great Christmas Tom, all the best from Sunny Embra
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,292
    Beautiful picture of your daughter and grandson Tom. If your daughter is ever feeling down just show her that picture and the look on her little boys face should brighten up her day no end.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62 said:

tomgoodun said:

Definitely never picked up her looks up from you.......a blessing really :wink:

Have a great Christmas Tom, all the best from Sunny Embra
    😊 You too Neil, all the best from rainy Hailsham