You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My story

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    Enut said:

Beautiful picture of your daughter and grandson Tom. If your daughter is ever feeling down just show her that picture and the look on her little boys face should brighten up her day no end.

They are both very photogenic Paul, hope you are well and have a great Xmas.
  • Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    Hi Tom, I hope Xmas goes great for you and the family, thanks for sharing the tough things in life as well as poker fun. Depression is such a bind to deal with , be it friends , family or self, it is rife in todays society and I think the least we can do it chat about it.
    Wishing you all well, take care and run good !
  • Options

Hi Tom, I hope Xmas goes great for you and the family, thanks for sharing the tough things in life as well as poker fun. Depression is such a bind to deal with , be it friends , family or self, it is rife in todays society and I think the least we can do it chat about it.
    Wishing you all well, take care and run good !

Hi Mr.Glencoelad
    Thanks for posting, agree with what you say about depression being rife, I don’t have the answer as to why it is, maybe we get more statistics these days, maybe social media plays a part.

Xmas tree is up, decorating front room done ( painting and wallpapering) just need to purchase a present for the good lady and I’m ready.
  • Options
    Afternoon all.
    Life ( for me at least) is complicated, maybe I play a major factor in this complication.

I did rather well in the £1k freeroll some day this week, reached the final table eventually finishing 3rd, whilst viewing the lobby to check what prizes were to play for I noticed that the top four get entry to a Ukops event alongside some cash.

Happy days 😊
    Then....
    I though the date for said tournament is the 30/12, I’m away on that date so I requested to change the date, then thought hang on , I best check if my assumption is correct, so opened up my history ( getting the hang of this online malarkey)

My account reads 17/12 Ukops

Hastily sent a message 2 minutes after the first one saying ignore my message, I can make the 17th.
    Then I do what I should have done from the beginning. It’s like throwing the instructions away and then attempting to put a set of ikea wardrobes together type thing ( we all do that...don’t we?)

I checked “Today’s date”
    Today’s date was the 17/12

It seems my account shows when you win the entry, not the date of the tournament.
    So...
    2 minutes after sending the second message saying ignore the first message I had to send a third message saying ignore the second message 😩

Alls well that ends well, it seems Mr.K has dealt with my type before 😊.

Whilst playing a hi lo tournament the other day, ( ft brags again) Someone casually pointed out they hated me, I asked them if they had ever met me, apparently not, strangely it was something to do with “always donking them out of tournaments “ weird.

Just had a nice bus ride in town with daughter and grandson, not been on a bus for ages, got a return ticket too.
    Stopped off for lunch, had a lovely time, went to get the bus back which was ....cancelled 😩
    Walking miles in freezing weather isn’t great.

Finished work for Xmas hols yesterday, since I have had lots of time off ( I think it should be classed as compassionate leave) going to hospital appointments and looking after grandson, apparently I haven’t built up enough holidays so I didn’t get any holiday pay, I’m a tad miffed at this , looked on the government website ( which I couldn’t “navigate “ properly) which mentioned parental leave you build up holiday entitlement but I couldn’t find where it mentions if you have time off unpaid you get screwed both ways, hey ho.

Be nice x
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,098
    Merry Xmas to you Tom
    And a Happy New Year to you and (especially) your family.

PS-you donk everyone out of tournaments ;)
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    Hi Tom regarding the hi lo player not too much to concern yourself there being meeting a player the last few month's on there calling every body donk's and idiot's if they beat him. Watched a player beat him with nut flush and nut low he called him a donk :D even states who he's going to get :D you gotta laugh.

Merry Christmas Tom to you and your family.

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Pretty sure you've donked me out of a few tournaments over the years.

If the cap fits...
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    safc71 said:

Hi Tom regarding the hi lo player not too much to concern yourself there being meeting a player the last few month's on there calling every body donk's and idiot's if they beat him. Watched a player beat him with nut flush and nut low he called him a donk :D even states who he's going to get :D you gotta laugh.

strange people
    all he best Tom
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Merry Xmas to you Tom
    And a Happy New Year to you and (especially) your family.

PS-you donk everyone out of tournaments ;)

😊
    Thanks Phil, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you and family.
  • Options
    safc71 said:

You’re right of course mate, Happy Xmas to you and family.
  • Options

Pretty sure you've donked me out of a few tournaments over the years.

If the cap fits...

Looking through my hand history I can confirm it was once 😊

Hope you have a great Xmas Jon.
  • Options
    stokefc said:

safc71 said:

strange people
    all he best Tom
    Cheers Sean, all the best mate.
  • Options

One week to go at work, I finish next Thursday and my dear daughter has agreed to come with me into town to purchase a present for my good lady,Pretty sure that there won’t be many people in town as everyone else will have bought theirs, cunning eh 😊

Posted this statement last week.
    I have just returned from Xmas shopping in town.
    Confirmed idiot.
  • Options
    UrABawBag2UrABawBag2 Member Posts: 122
    tomgoodun said:

Afternoon all.
    Life ( for me at least) is complicated, maybe I play a major factor in this complication.

I did rather well in the £1k freeroll some day this week, reached the final table eventually finishing 3rd, whilst viewing the lobby to check what prizes were to play for I noticed that the top four get entry to a Ukops event alongside some cash.

Happy days 😊
    Then....
    I though the date for said tournament is the 30/12, I’m away on that date so I requested to change the date, then thought hang on , I best check if my assumption is correct, so opened up my history ( getting the hang of this online malarkey)

Hastily sent a message 2 minutes after the first one saying ignore my message, I can make the 17th.
    Then I do what I should have done from the beginning. It’s like throwing the instructions away and then attempting to put a set of ikea wardrobes together type thing ( we all do that...don’t we?)

I checked “Today’s date”

It seems my account shows when you win the entry, not the date of the tournament.
    So...
    2 minutes after sending the second message saying ignore the first message I had to send a third message saying ignore the second message 😩

Whilst playing a hi lo tournament the other day, ( ft brags again) Someone casually pointed out they hated me, I asked them if they had ever met me, apparently not, strangely it was something to do with “always donking them out of tournaments “ weird.

Just had a nice bus ride in town with daughter and grandson, not been on a bus for ages, got a return ticket too.
    Stopped off for lunch, had a lovely time, went to get the bus back which was ....cancelled 😩

Finished work for Xmas hols yesterday, since I have had lots of time off ( I think it should be classed as compassionate leave) going to hospital appointments and looking after grandson, apparently I haven’t built up enough holidays so I didn’t get any holiday pay, I’m a tad miffed at this , looked on the government website ( which I couldn’t “navigate “ properly) which mentioned parental leave you build up holiday entitlement but I couldn’t find where it mentions if you have time off unpaid you get screwed both ways, hey ho.

Be nice x

i was at the table that day, think i beat you heads up. heard all that stuff before in 1 ear out the other for me and just lol at them sad really.

merry xmas to you and all gl at the table tom.

mick.
  • Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    Merry Xmas Tom
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,171

@tomgoodun

How was Xmas, Tom? Dearest Grand-Daughter enjoy it?

And how are things generally now?

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

@tomgoodun

How was Xmas, Tom? Dearest Grand-Daughter enjoy it?

And how are things generally now?

Good Evening Mr.K.

We had a really nice Xmas thanks, had the in-laws over for the meal ( Which I helped with in my awesome way, peeling spuds etc.)

My good lady and I thought it would be a good idea to visit my sister in Wales over the holidays, there was 8 of us travelling and we hired a mini bus type thing so we could share the driving., my dear Daughter ( pretty sure that was a typo of yours above 😉) was quite anxious about the journey because awesome grandson ( maybe you meant this one 😊) hadn’t travelled that far before.

Well it turned out really well, my sister was so pleased to see us all, and got quite emotional at the photo book that Chloe had made up for her from photos of her and her recently passed husband had posted on FB over the years, she said it was a lovely thoughtful gift.

The planning on where to stay was a bit of a faff, but as per I sorted it out by asking my good lady to do it..

Poker stuff

I started the year in a bit of a weird head space, I’m not one for setting targets or anything, and I have been playing online for a few years now, so the staleness factor was rearing it’s head, I can’t say I’m bored of the game but something seemed to be missing.

I had a think.
    I’m going to keep a track of how many final tables I make this year, maybe for brags, maybe to keep things interesting for me, or a mixture of both..

From the start of last week I have reached 4 final tables, winning 2, the £2 deep stack this Monday, and the £3 Omaha hi lo ( On the same night)

If anything it will focus my mind on keeping this diary going.

I see the SPT’s have made a welcome return this year, am so pleased about that and will definitely be going to the Brighton leg, they are fab tournaments and it’s so nice to meet up with people who frequent this great site.

That’s all for now .

Ps.
    I do like diary’s here 😊

Be good x

• Options

Merry Xmas Tom

Happy belated Xmas James
  • Options

tomgoodun said:

Afternoon all.

Happy days 😊
    Then....

I checked “Today’s date”

So...

Be nice x

i was at the table that day, think i beat you heads up. heard all that stuff before in 1 ear out the other for me and just lol at them sad really.

merry xmas to you and all gl at the table tom.

mick.
    Belated best wishes Mick
  • Options
    Ft count 5
    Won the £3 pl08 playing on iPad tonight , got lucky heads up v SAFC
    Good old luck 😊