You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Essexphil's May 2019 diary

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,112
    Tikay10 said:

How is the new dog settling in Phil?

Does exercising it fall to you? If so, must be great for the weight-loss efforts.

He now officially owns us :)
    He has 2 walks a day. I take him for his first walk, wife the second.
    It is not helping with weight loss, but is helping in relation to fitness.
  • Options
    engyengy Member Posts: 723
    You might not think it Phil but the walking really will help with the weight loss. its all about calories in vs calories out, and you are burning calories walking the dog.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,300
    engy said:

You might not think it Phil but the walking really will help with the weight loss. its all about calories in vs calories out, and you are burning calories walking the dog.

Exactly.

Burn, say, 600 cals by exercising, & that's 600 off your intake.

So if we consume, say, 2,000 cals in a day, burning off 600 by exercise reduces that to 1,400. It has to help.
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    From someone who diets consistently , pre holidays ....It's mega important to know just how many calories you are consuming ( can be a real shock , when you add it up )
  • Options

Same here.

When hard dieting, as I have been for the last 5 months (an annual event for me), I know my precise daily intake, down to the nearest 50 cals. (Currently 1,400, less, of course, whatever I burn via 3 x 2 mile walks every day, which I reckon is about 600, so net intake 800 cals).

Numbers & needs vary of course depending on age, gender, build & metabolism.
  • Options
    1400 is a bit low Tony, your starving yourself :)
  • Options
    engy said:

1400 is a bit low Tony, your starving yourself :)

@engy

Tell me about it.....

I'm done now though, lost 2st 5lbs since January, so that'll do, & I'm ready for Vegas. Details soon on my diary Next Door. ;)
  • Options
    About time, your sending Marky round the bend
  • Options
    edited May 2019

From someone who diets consistently , pre holidays ....It's mega important to know just how many calories you are consuming ( can be a real shock , when you add it up )

Everyone is different. I love ALL food (apart from celery, which is devil-spawn), so eating healthily should not be a problem. But it is. I am one of life's "grazers". It is the snacks that do for me, not the meals.

If anyone knows of a tasty snack that is low in calories and still tastes like food...

PS. If you have finished dieting, Tony, I should mention that Pukka Steak and Kidney Pies are wonderful. Make Fray Bentos taste like cat yak...
  • Options
    engy said:

About time, your sending Marky round the bend

Ha, I love that guy to bits. He'll refuse to buy my action now, you watch.

Not sure if you know, but he has MS pretty badly, & is mostly confined to wheelchair these days. Proper bloke, him.
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Essexphil said:

Everyone is different. I love ALL food (apart from celery, which is devil-spawn), so eating healthily should not be a problem. But it is. I am one of life's "grazers". It is the snacks that do for me, not the meals.

If anyone knows of a tasty snack that is low in calories and still tastes like food...

PS. If you have finished dieting, Tony, I should mention that Pukka Steak and Kidney Pies are wonderful. Make Fray Bentos taste like cat yak...
    British beef , could sponsor me as a grazer ...when I'm in diet mode , my chosen graze food is Carrot...........most evenings you will see me sat on the sofa doing a bugs bunny impersonation and dreaming of crisps .
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,231
    Essexphil said:

Fray Bentos just steak, Yummmm....Haven't tasted one for years, love the soggy pastry, Pukka pies naw, if you can get them down sowf try a Killie pie, Aldi sell them.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

My go-to "snack" when dieting is Ryvita, which is as close to the taste & texture of hardboard as you can get. At 37 cals per slice, I can forgive how bland it is, & I get through 6 every day. Ugh.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    I find it hard to believe a poker (semi) pro doesn't like the extra celery that MTT brings..
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Essexphil said:

My go-to "snack" when dieting is Ryvita, which is as close to the taste & texture of hardboard as you can get. At 37 cals per slice, I can forgive how bland it is, & I get through 6 every day. Ugh.
    I love Ryvita, particularly the hint of chilli one. I like Matzos even more. But after 2, I tell myself I will cut some cheese reaaallly thinly...
  • Options

Ha, I used to eat a lot of MATZO's when dieting too, but they are so brittle they are not easy to break into the right size pieces, & the entire MATZO biscuit is way too large.

I never originally realised that they are designed for Jewish people, cooked a specific way etc, not that it bothers me one way or another.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
  • Options
    @Tikay10 yes I know about Markys condition, I played cash for Badbeat for a while and used to chat to him a bit. He was the go to guy if any problems with accounts. A really genuine nice lad.
  • Options
    engy said:

@Tikay10 yes I know about Markys condition, I played cash for Badbeat for a while and used to chat to him a bit. He was the go to guy if any problems with accounts. A really genuine nice lad.

@engy

Ahh, never knew you were with Badbeat. Those were the days......
  • Options
    Frustrating night at Poker. So, for example, 9th in the Sunday Warm-up on i-poker. Final table is nice. Losing a flip where 9th pays 1/10 of 1st, not so much.

Just had the KK v AA joy in the Unibet Major. From 3/53 to outski. At least I had the KK-I know it shouldn't matter, but somehow more content when I lose with the underpair.

Just left in the Major on here. In middle of the pack-early double-up , up and down since.