You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

400 QUID

zenbudhistzenbudhist Member Posts: 144
first game back for ages and the prize mony for the 16.30 tourney's prize money's dropped 100 fcknquid , I know you usual suspects'll be saying … here he is again 'moaning his bag' about money. WHO DECIDES THESE THINGS OUT OF THE BLUE?
This is a genuine inquiry I WANT TO KNOW ,,, I appeal to you're wisdom Tiquy?

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited June 2019
    Seasonal changes. MTT gtys always drop in the summer months as there tends to be less traffic, it's been the same every year. The BHs still end up with £500+ prize pool more often than not anyway so it doesnt make much difference.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430

@zenbudhist

The reply by @waller02 is correct.

"WHO DECIDES THESE THINGS OUT OF THE BLUE?"

These decisions are made my Management, in this case @Sky__James who has responsibility for keeping "subsidy" (in this case, MTT Overlay) at sustainable levels. Overlay is akin to setting fire to money, & makes no sense.

It's not done "out of the blue", James has a weekly subsidy Report, he peruses that & then make such changes as he feels appropriate to keep subsidy to within forecast.

If he fails to do that properly he's failing to do his job. He does a pretty good job I'd say, despite his tender years & woeful dress-sense.
  • Options
    I don't care if he's a transvestite … how come it's always the plyers who get mugged off, And that answer by wallet deserves in the Fantasy Times .. it was 500 quid for as long as I;ve been a member and wot wos that BULL about 'the same money' and 'makes no difference' HOW CAN IT BE THE SAME MONEY IF THE PRIZE MONEY HAS BEEN SLASHED BY A HUNRED QUID … JEEZUZ ONLY A FOOL WOULD WRITE AN ANSWER LIKE THAT.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I don't care if he's a transvestite … how come it's always the plyers who get mugged off, And that answer by wallet deserves in the Fantasy Times .. it was 500 quid for as long as I;ve been a member and wot wos that BULL about 'the same money' and 'makes no difference' HOW CAN IT BE THE SAME MONEY IF THE PRIZE MONEY HAS BEEN SLASHED BY A HUNRED QUID … JEEZUZ ONLY A FOOL WOULD WRITE AN ANSWER LIKE THAT.

Because more often than not there are enough players registered to bump the prize pool over the £500 mark. The 400 gty doesnt mean it stays at 400. If there are more than 80 entrants the prize pool increases accordingly (only a fool wouldn't be aware of this).
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430

The Prize Money is £650 today, so it's not been "slashed" or "dropped", it's actually increased.

• Options
    I know.
  • Options
    AKAscottyAKAscotty Member Posts: 81
    "First game back in ages" is the Answer to your question ! if numbers drop on site then the guarantees follow.....
  • Options
    WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN ? GET THEFCK OFF MY THREAD FATHEAD
  • Options

I'm starting to think that you might not actually be a Zen Buddhist......can't quite put my finger on it but I've definitely got my doubts.
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited June 2019

WHO DECIDES THESE THINGS OUT OF THE BLUE?

Who decides out of the blue to let you keep posting on the forum? :/
  • Options
    AKAscottyAKAscotty Member Posts: 81
    waller02 said:

I'm starting to think that you might not actually be a Zen Buddhist......can't quite put my finger on it but I've definitely got my doubts.
    wo

Thats scary, all in cap lock. You are one angry Buddhist ( two d's in Buddhist )

Love AKAfathead xxx
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
    Oh dear, care in the community really fails those most in need of it.

Never mind Mr Zen, like others, I feel that your erudite missives will be a welcome addition to the forum.

One does tire of reading well constructed and informative posts
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    The penguin I know of old, a self-righteous blowhard but U2 jokers are new to me. Don't be afraid to introduce yourselves after all it's only polite to make one's self known before you spray the table with ****&conceitedbollox.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036

The penguin I know of old, a self-righteous blowhard but U2 jokers are new to me. Don't be afraid to introduce yourselves after all it's only polite to make one's self known before you spray the table with ****&conceitedbollox.

The forum is brilliant, with or without you.
  • Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Zen & 'Tiquy' guys,girls, give me a hint? Is this a KOAN
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171

I've only been a member of Sky Poker since November 2009 so perhaps I'm still a little new. However, feel free to come find me and stay and play a while as I'm certain we will get along famously.

Oh if you don't recognise me look for the player hidden by a mountain of chips lolling away in the chatbox.

• Options
    If you're named after THIS ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNR5-PVxoQI

... I'll beat-ur-**** like a GONG heads up but if you're named after this ..

https://images.app.goo.gl/H8eHVECxmuSnFftn8

UTIT
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Good Morning

Please bear with me as I get confused easily.
    If the ‘Guarantee’ is £500 and the number of entrants dictate the prize pool at £600, then the ‘ Guarantee’ reduces to £400 but the numbers of entrants dictate the prize pool is £600, can you explain the difference to me please @zenbudhist ?