You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Operation Unicorn 2 - £50 freeroll + £33 main event ticket - Sign up in thread

Comments

• Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Finished 10th in the 7@7 for my best finish to date.

Playing the main just now then will do an update post tomorrow night :)
  • Options
    well well well, out of the main in two bullets! But frenzied into the £110 summit for £6 and on FT now. Hardest tournament I think i've ever played lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Some results that i need to update; lumping them here until I can tidy them up :)

7@7 ; £7.70 buy in; 10th for £14.11 in cashes; £17.73 in bounties.
    Main: £63 buy in; 2 bullets; zero cashes, zero bounties
    £110 Summit: Frenzied in for £6.80, finished 2nd!!!! Hardest tournament I've had to play yet, but learnt loads.

Midnight Express: £22 buy in, finished 5th for £46.40 cashes and £22.97 bounties. NEW BINGO CARD RECORD ALSO.

A good night in the end.
  • Options
    ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    can i join please... also watched the ft and was hoping you would take it... very very well played. that call with pp 10s with 7 left was good
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,028
    Well played @PKRPar
  • Options
    TheMadMonkTheMadMonk Member Posts: 291
    OPERATION UNICORN
    The secret stratagy, if the queen dies in scotland.

Bit of useless info.
  • Options
    ckd said:

can i join please... also watched the ft and was hoping you would take it... very very well played. that call with pp 10s with 7 left was good

Thank you, and added :) Good Luck!

OPERATION UNICORN
    The secret stratagy, if the queen dies in scotland.

Bit of useless info.

the secret not so secret. A bit like Scotland's Secret Bunker.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Tidying up all my buy ins and cashes/bounties :) I've included the summit in this despite it not forming part of the "Bingo 9" mainly because this is really an accountability diary with a fun game/target on the side. I've included non 100+ tournaments at £5.50 and £11 level so no different to that :)

The stats

Total buyins = £309.90

Cashed = £1098.71
    Bounties = £384.71

Total cost of Operation Unicorn 2: +£1173.52

Best Results:

Main Event
    4th - 27 January 2020

FTT3
    3rd - 27 January 2020

Midnight Express
    6th - 28 January 2020
    5th - 5 February 2020

7@7
    10th - 4 February 2020

£5.50
    11th - 30 January 2020
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,427

"Total cost of Operation Unicorn 2: +£1173.52"

@PKRPar

Fabulous.

Do you think keeping a Diary has helped?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Tikay10 said:

"Total cost of Operation Unicorn 2: +£1173.52"

@PKRPar

Fabulous.

Do you think keeping a Diary has helped?

Most definitely. Especially after the success of Operation Unicorn 1. Although that said it was actually helpful to see how much i was actually spending on poker without really thinking about it. Towards the end of last year onwards i've tried to put in some study (mostly via @StayOrGo) which has helped massively, particularly against the better players on the site who adopt a similar style.

I've also managed to curtail any rage against particular hands, a prime example being last night on the FT in the Midnight Bounty Hunter. The small blind, who was chip leader, shoved all in with any two; I called knowing he was light and i'd be ahead. My A6 v his 57, he binked a 5 and that was that. In times gone by I'd have been raging, however I now understand that that is part of poker, and I've been in the reverse position to my fortune many times also :)

Overall accountability has been a good factor so far. Biggest Sharkscope I've ever had (not that that's actually worth anything) and hopefully not a "cards" falling nicely factor if that makes sense.

If your were seeking a short answer, then YES...
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Played a £500 5.50 Turbo BH last night but it only made 87 runners. Thankfully then, I lost the heads up 😊

What time does the Midnight Express finish up, looking at the structure maybe 1.30-2am? Might give this ago on the weekend, just a bit too late for me midweek.
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    edited February 2020
    bbMike said:

Played a £500 5.50 Turbo BH last night but it only made 87 runners. Thankfully then, I lost the heads up 😊

What time does the Midnight Express finish up, looking at the structure maybe 1.30-2am? Might give this ago on the weekend, just a bit too late for me midweek.</blockquote

Finished 2nd recently in this and was done by 140am

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Thanks for the info Greg
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Bl00dy missed guarantees... :s:D

• Options
    Ouch. Nice score though 👍👍

I’ll review it at the end of March, and if folk finding it hard or tournaments aren’t reaching 100+ enough we can tinker it :)
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,028
    edited February 2020
    The £11 100+ is the only one that really struggles, unless you're including the Sunday Mini?
  • Options
    2 £11 late last night = £0

Midnight Express, out in 14th for £16.88 in bounties.

a £-27.12 night.

jumped into a £5.50 just now with 2 minutes late reg,....it had 99 runners so had to make it 100 :)
  • Options
    well donated that £5er. Played the £22 midnight and donated that too.

Jumped in an £11, just 51 runners, but now on FT and picked up 5 bounties so far. Noice. @waller02 also on my table, but at least i'm to his left....
  • Options
    2nd in the £11 bounty hunter for £56.10 cash and £48.75 bounties. Will sort out the stats tomorrow night. zzzz time now.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,427
    PKRPar said:

2nd in the £11 bounty hunter for £56.10 cash and £48.75 bounties. Will sort out the stats tomorrow night. zzzz time now.

"The PKRPar Saver".

Sounds like an advertising slogan, but it's surprising how sometimes that last one saves the night.