You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

One more diary/log sort of thing

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    Rigged brigade would love that hand, anyaricol

There’s actually a really strong argument for you folding there tbh
    We could be crushed. We could get sucked out on
    By passing we’re on the bubble with a decent stack and should cash
  • Options
    aynaricolaynaricol Member Posts: 319
    Jac35 said:

Rigged brigade would love that hand, anyaricol

There’s actually a really strong argument for you folding there tbh
    We could be crushed. We could get sucked out on
    By passing we’re on the bubble with a decent stack and should cash

@Jac35 I know, to be honest 95% of the time I would have folded here, but in a 28p turbo I thought why not. Plus I'd still have been second in chips if I'd lost, so wouldn't have been the end of the world! But like I said, if it had been any higher buy in, I'm folding.
  • Options

I agree with the above. Stealing blinds is very much part DYM strategy, And using the chat to berate anyones' play should not be tolerated.

Personally, 95% of the time I ignore what's said in the chat, however, usually if a player is using the chat feature a lot, you can almost safely assume they are using poker as a sort of social event. and therefore can assume they are very much of the recreational type and won't know the very basics to playing semi-competently.

Another point I'd make regarding stealing blinds. If the shoes were on the other foot, and someone was stealing your BB a lot, you would not like it very well, and would need to just grin and bear it, however, if you were in the BB and these players were playing the way that they seem to believe is correct - and I have come across them very frequently in recent weeks - They would limp their SB into your BB and I love it actually. Just about every orbit you are likely to get a free look at a flop.

So would you rather have a free look at a flop, or be forced to fold because someone shoved/raised your BB? Maybe that's why some players get so angry because they don't know any other way to counteract the 'steal blind' play or not confident enough to steal themselves! :/:/

Good luck at the tables.

@thedazzman you're not wrong there, but I wasn't stealing his BB a lot - just once early on, and the second time a while later it was his sb and I was raising with a pocket pair after not betting anything for over 10 minutes, so I think it was a little unfair on his part to moan there.

Regarding the limping in small blinds - I've noticed that a huge amount, and I never understand why people do it, but I'm not complaining there! Very happy when the sb is giving me a free flop every orbit ;)
  • Options
    I see that this has sparked a little debate, and I appreciate all the feedback everyone! I really don't mind all the chat if I'm winning, or if something particularly annoying has happened to the other player, but in this situation I was short stack pretty much the whole way through and it just seemed to be coming out of nowhere. Not much that can be done about it anyway, but good to hear everyone else's thoughts on the matter! :)
  • Options
    Day 14:

Not much to be said about today. Was playing better and cashed in 12/19 of my DYMs (including 3/3 turbos). I'm not sure how a couple of weeks ago I was playing up to 50 a day - need to get my volume up! That being said I'm really not good at multi-tabling yet - two tops for me at the moment. Anyway, all going well for now, and if I just eradicated any trace of my drunken antics on saturday I would be almost back up to 1.10 level by now! Lesson learnt - do not drink and poker.

Another nice note, although I much prefer playing on Sky, I had a few punts on the spin and gos on stars when I couldn't find any tables on here late at night. $90 profit in two days not too shabby :)

So tomorrow I will continue with the DYM grind, although probably won't have much playing time as I have a few things on, I'll try and get as many in as possible!

Staked today £10.45
    Return £12
    Profit £1.55
  • Options
    Days 15/16

No post yesterday as I wasn't feeling very well so didn't get much playing done. Not covid related, but a side effect in the fact that I have an infected wisdom tooth which I can't get taken out at the moment. Not very fun. Anyway, I played 7 games yesterday, of which I won 3 and lost 4.

Today was better, still not feeling fantastic but at least up for doing something other than lying in bed all day. I wanted to get my volume up a bit so I was playing mostly turbos today - I played 17 turbo 55ps, of which I cashed in 11. I also played two regular 1.10s, winning one and losing one. Would have played more this evening but I ended up spending a lot of time cooking some delicious mexican food and playing board games. So in profit for the day anyway which is always nice :)

Tomorrow is quiz day so will probably be a quiet one on the poker front again. Please please please, if anyone sees me playing at higher than 1.10 level late in the evening, tell me off. I shouldn't be there.
  • Options
    So, I didn't post yesterday but I didn't play very much. Just stuck to DYMs and ended up 30p in profit for the day, always nice.

I realised today that I was starting to get a little bored, frustrated and therefore tilty. I like playing DYMs, but before streak week I had barely played them and I've been starting to miss other kinds of poker. Before streak week I was mostly playing micro cash games and some MTTs, with which I have had some success. I've always enjoyed the timed tournaments, and back in october I won two 5.50 BHs back to back for about £160 total, which was very nice. I've always had a deposit limit of either £5 a week or £25 a month, and in march when I was down to nothing and at my deposit limit, I used my 2.30 token for a 2.20 BH which I won, giving me a £60 boost. So I know I can have some success in MTTs, but I can also get a bit spewy and run down my bankroll reallllllyyy quickly.

Today, therefore, I decided to give some MTTs a go, to a surprising amount of success considering I have barely played any in weeks. First one went terribly, don't even remember what happened but I was out in about half an hour with no bounties. Second attempt, a 5.50 turbo BH this evening, went a little better, in that I managed to get one bounty before busting, and I finished in 38th out of 181, which wasn't too bad. Third time lucky, got a good early boost (how great is it when you flop quads and your opponent shoves with an overpair??) and was in 1st for a little. I had a nice period where I had a big stack and got a few bounties, but unfortunately made a bad call with pocket 4s and lost about half my stack. I did manage to hang around for a while and ended up 12/176, not too shabby at all. Prize and bounties together came to just over £17, putting me in profit for the day by a couple of quid.

Decided to keep going from there, entered another 5.50 turbo BH which was pretty much a disaster. Just made it into the top half, at 35/71, but I had a small stack that whole time and no bounties. What stung there was my exit, which I will post below. Then entered a 15min timed tournament which I was out of pretty quickly.

Decided to go for one more 5.50 BH and can't complain at all. At this point it was already 2.30am so a small field, but I was off to a fantastic start and and already kocked out two other players in the first 5 minutes. I was in first place for a good half an hour, but then did lose a good portion of my chips. Player to my left had been playing extremely loose, a few hands previously the table short stack had shoved and he reshoved with 73o and somehow binked a straight. So when I raised with Ad10d, and he 3-bet, I thought that my only option was to put him all in (I had him covered maybe 3 times). Oops, he had AK, K on the flop. I don't actually think I made a bad decision there, but I may be wrong! Anyway I never got back up to my highest stack, but I was yoyoing a bit between about 5th and 12th place. I was doing quite well, 5th place with 12 remaining but unfortunately my KQ in sb ran into AK in bb, and I lost almost my whole stack, and ended up finishing 10th, out of the money but with £8.45 in bounties.

All in all throughout the day I ended up £3.40 down, which is significantly better than I was expecting! And I really enjoyed myself as well - I think I forgot how much I enjoyed playing tournaments.

I'm going to probably put daily logging on the backburner for now, and I'll just put in some updates every now and then. I think I had started to take everything too seriously, when at the end of the day I'm still learning. One year ago I had no idea how to play poker, and now the £5 that I deposited over a month ago is now almost £100 which is not bad at all (even if it was £200 at one point). On top of that all that £5 has given me many hours of enjoyment, and poker education!

Sorry about this incredibly long post - I will say though that it's a good sign, because if I can't stop rambling about something it means I enjoyed it :)
  • Options
    Here is the exit hand I was talking about. I had doubled up the previous hand, against the same player (to my left), who had shoved with two overcards to my pair. I had also seen them call against a few other shorter stacks with questionable cards.

I don't think there's any way I can get away from this, and that they would have called whichever street I had shoved on. Was a little bitter about it though! :D
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    SBSmall blind75.0075.007642.50
    BBBig blind150.00225.001140.00
    Your hole cards
    • K
    • A
    UTGFold
    aynaricolRaise450.00675.002430.00
    COCall450.001125.009087.50
    BTNFold
    SBCall375.001500.007267.50
    BBFold
    Flop
    • A
    SBCheck
    aynaricolBet750.002250.001680.00
    COCall750.003000.008337.50
    SBCall750.003750.006517.50
    Turn
    SBCheck
    aynaricolAll-in1680.005430.000.00
    COCall1680.007110.006657.50
    SBCall1680.008790.004837.50
    River
    SBCheck
    COAll-in6657.5015447.500.00
    SBFold
    COUnmatched bet6657.508790.006657.50
    aynaricolShow
    • K
    • A
    COShow
    COWinTwo Pairs, 10s and 5s8790.0015447.50
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,321

@aynaricol

"I'm going to probably put daily logging on the backburner for now"

That's a shame, they have been most honest & enjoyable.
  • Options
    @Tikay10 I won't be stopping for good, just won't be posting every day.

On the bright side, just came 2nd in my first tournament of the day! Cashing at £27.50 in a 3.30 BH. Not bad - shame about the last hand, I had two pair KQ and villain had 52o which made trip 5s. We were not too far apart in stack sizes as well. Oh well, that's poker! And to be fair, I should have been out long before that. I was short stack by a long, long way on the bubble, down to about 1.5bb. I won a fair few flips when I was at risk so I can't complain too much at all! Very happy actually :)
  • Options
    Enjoy reading this

Well done in the mtts

Regarding Dyms, why are you playing at such low stakes? I just don’t think I could have much fun playing at those levels
    Your Mtt buy ins are a lot higher.

I played against you a few times at, I think, £5 Dyms and your game seemed plenty solid enough to win at that level

• Options
    In the hand you posted I think shoving pre would be fine

If you’re going to just raise then I’d be minning rather than 3xing
  • Options
    DrudkhDrudkh Member Posts: 113
    Well played in the £3.30 to finish 2nd!
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Enjoy reading this

Well done in the mtts

Regarding Dyms, why are you playing at such low stakes? I just don’t think I could have much fun playing at those levels
    Your Mtt buy ins are a lot higher.

I played against you a few times at, I think, £5 Dyms and your game seemed plenty solid enough to win at that level

@Jac35 thank you :) regarding the DYMs, when I was playing at the higher stakes I was losing more days than I was winning, and felt like I was just bleeding money, so I decided to start again at the lower levels. You are right though, it definitely wasn't so fun, and now I might try a few more 1.10s and 2.20s again. I'll save the 3s and 5s for a bit though!
  • Options
    Drudkh said:

Well played in the £3.30 to finish 2nd!

@Drudkh thank you :) well played to you too!
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

In the hand you posted I think shoving pre would be fine

If you’re going to just raise then I’d be minning rather than 3xing

@Jac35 thanks for the feedback - I really still have a lot to learn about bet sizing! Can I ask why it would be better to min rather than 3x raise here?
  • Options
    And another cash in my second tournament of the day, £18.32 for 12th in a 5.50 BH. Incredibly lucky early on as I won two all-ins where I was dominated (88 vs 99 and TT vs QQ vs KJ), and got a good lead which I built on, but I then started to go tight-passive tilty and basically stopped betting to try and keep my lead, and instead just ended up dwindling my stack away. Anyway, still very happy! Gives me an ROI so far today of about 400% :D
  • Options
    I know I said I was going to put daily logging on the backburner, but I will just do a little entry for today.

As I've already posted, my first 2 tournaments today went very well. I didn't play a huge amount more - one more 5.50 BH for which I used my token. Didn't make it ITM but did get enough bounties to end up in profit which was good. Finished up with three DYMs, all of which I cashed in. That leaves me in profit in 100% of my games today, albeit with a very small sample. Can never complain about that though!! I'm now back up to just over £140, which is where I started at with this log, for the first time :)

MTTs:
    Staked £11 + 2.30 token
    Return £51.53
    Profit £40.53

DYMs:
    Staked £5.5
    Return £10
    Profit £4.50

Total profit: £45.03
  • Options
    So again, can't not post because another great day today - started out with a 3.30 timed which didn't last long, but shortly followed by a 5.50 BH in which I FT bubbled, cashing at £28.12. That was a funny tournament, got a bounty on the very first hand after I flopped an 8 high straight, villain with jacks. Got another two bounties on the same hand not long after, but didn't improve much from there. Ended up in really bad shape, and when down to about 30 runners I was right down at the bottom of the field. Somehow managed to stick around until the bubble, at which point I think I was down to about 1.5BB. I then had a run of luck, doubling up with 77 vs AQ, and shortly after picking up aces and big stack calling my shove with A5. Up to about 10BB I wound up with quad 9s and doubling up again, and trip queens not long after (although no double up there). Down to 7, ended up flipping against a similar sized stack with AQs vs 88. Saw the ace on the flop and breathed a sigh of relief, until I
    noticed the 8 right there next to it. Ah well!

Made a little profit on another 15min timed later on, and was running really well in the 6.30 freeroll until I had to go have dinner (I'm back at home with my parents right now because of covid so don't have much control over mealtimes and whatnot). I hate having to sit out, but unfortunately had to leave myself to be blinded out and ended up finishing in 78th out of 1366, cashing for £2. No more luck in the MTTs today, had a disastrous run in another 5.50 BH and just busted out of another timed tourney unfortunately.

A big profit today came from a .05/.10 spin up table - I was up to about £5-6 and stayed there a while. Then we ended up with the whole table all-in on one hand, which I'll post below, which I won. Since only one player had a bigger stack than me, and only by about 20p, that cleared out the table pretty quickly so I got away with my winnings of £23.

As for DYMs, didn't run so well, cashing in 2 out of 5.

I've now improved my bank roll by more than 75% in two days, which I'm pretty much overjoyed by :)

MTTs:
    Staked £23.10
    Return £38.74
    Profit £15.64

DYMs:
    Staked £11
    Return £8
    Loss £3

Cash:
    Staked £2
    Return £23.01
    Profit £21.01

Total profit: £33.65
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Here's the crazy 5-way all in from my cash game. I was considering reshoving preflop but then remembered that versus 4 other players I'm definitely not favourite. On the flop, after the big stack shoved my thinking was that I just need to beat them for it to be profitable, and that they probably didn't have aces or they would have reshoved preflop, so they probably had Ax, most of which I'm beating. The call paid off, and luckily all the jacks were out, blocking pretty much every other player.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    wynne1938Small blind£0.10£0.10£0.57
    Nelly63Big blind£0.20£0.30£8.77
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A
    LAIRDHCall£0.20£0.50£1.94
    aynaricolRaise£0.60£1.10£8.14
    Kingo2710Raise£2.30£3.40£1.60
    wynne1938All-in£0.57£3.97£0.00
    Nelly63Call£2.10£6.07£6.67
    LAIRDHAll-in£1.94£8.01£0.00