You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

One more diary/log sort of thing

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,522

@aynaricol

Back to France soon, then?
  • Options
    aynaricolaynaricol Member Posts: 319
    Tikay10 said:

@aynaricol

Back to France soon, then?

@Tikay10 hopefully! Itching to get back to work after 3 months of doing nothing!
  • Options
    So yesterday was similar to saturday, was down to £58 at one point but then came 2nd in a 3.30 TBH fairly later for £35, and played a £3.30 DYM to bring me up to £99.85. Tried to break over £100 to end the night but just ended up running back down to about £90. Oops! Anyway, a quick spin up session has brought me just over the £100 this afternoon, yay!

In the TBH I actually came onto the final table as basically joint short stack. I then made a couple of well-timed shoves and doubled up, and by this point two were out. I managed to get the bounties of the next two as well, which was a massive bonus, and ended up (just) ahead when we went heads up. Unfortunately made a couple of terrible calls and we were over pretty soon. But again, can't really complain about an extra £35 in my account!
  • Options

Nice score @aynaricol

Now, don't be dusting it off, right?
  • Options
    Haven't had much to report for the last few days, been very up and down. A few cashes here and there but mostly on a downward trend. Was way down to £45 yesterday but had some good runs at the spin up tables and got back up to £80. Haven't really been feeling confident in MTTs and it's showing unfortunately.

Today I've been feeling better and trying to play more aggressively. Have been running well in a few tourneys but unfortunately it wasn't to be... exit hands (or effective exit hands) have been Ace high flush vs straight flush, AK vs 44 on AK4 flop, and 89 on 788 flop vs KK and AA, K on the river. Not beating myself up because I would never have played any of those hands any differently, was just bad luck.

Been mixing in some DYMs as well, which is always nice. Managed one 1.10 TDYM yesterday where I cashed without playing a single hand. Looking forward to the July promo as well!

And on a final note, absolutely going mad with the government and this whole airbridge farce. Announcement to be made on the 29th... oh wait it's been delayed to wednesday. Now it's been delayed to thursday. Now they've scrapped the plans completely and will just ditch quarantine. Announcement to come tomorrow! Not holding my breath.
  • Options

☺️☺️☺️

Pretty crazy end to the tournament, I was hitting literally everything. Heads up villain was shoving every hand (actually had been for the whole of the FT, which lasted about 5 minutes max). Ended up all in with similar sized stacks 89 vs 33, 3s held. I was down to less than 1BB and typed gg in the chat, forced all in next hand with 63o, hit a pair of 6s. Fast forward, I double up 7 times in a row, back to similar sizes. Finally end up all in with 22 vs QJ, my 2s hold. Cannot believe I came back from that.
  • Options
    Feeling a little bit disillusioned with poker, and to some extents life in general, at the moment. I've been trying to keep as positive as possible during lockdown but it's frustrating being 28 and stuck living with my parents, with no friends nearby to meet up with. That's transferred to my poker, where I'm just stuck in a rut confidence-wise, and making stupid frustration shoves and calls. I'm sure it will be over soon, but I hate having no control over anything in my life. I've also been sat at a few hostile tables over the last few days which I really struggle with unfortunately.

Anyway enough with the self-pitying - we're all in the same boat after all. I'm very, very lucky after all that I had a home to come back to, and to spend time with my family who I've barely seen since I moved abroad 5 years ago. And after all, everything will always get better!
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Keep plugging away, enjoying your diary.
  • Options
    @waller02 thank you :)

Things have thankfully taken a turn for the better over the last 24 hours, and I finally have confirmation that I'll be starting work again this weekend. Fingers crossed that it doesn't fall through again! I also bought myself a new laptop to cheer myself up a bit, since mine is coming up for 7 years old and has a meltdown if I try and open more than 2 tables.

Poker-wise I've taken a big step back, only played 3 tournaments today (one of which was the 1am freeroll). Bubbled in a 1.10 rebuy this morning after running QQ into AA, and was a fair way off cashing in another 1.10 rebuy this evening, but I really enjoyed myself. Also found myself at a table with some forum regs and there was some great banter going on in the chat, which I always love to see. I did come 14th/202 in the 1am freeroll to cash for a whopping 32p. Which is 32p more than I had before, so no complaints from me!
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,365
    aynaricol said:

@waller02 thank you :)

Things have thankfully taken a turn for the better over the last 24 hours, and I finally have confirmation that I'll be starting work again this weekend. Fingers crossed that it doesn't fall through again! I also bought myself a new laptop to cheer myself up a bit, since mine is coming up for 7 years old and has a meltdown if I try and open more than 2 tables.

Poker-wise I've taken a big step back, only played 3 tournaments today (one of which was the 1am freeroll). Bubbled in a 1.10 rebuy this morning after running QQ into AA, and was a fair way off cashing in another 1.10 rebuy this evening, but I really enjoyed myself. Also found myself at a table with some TROLLS and there was some great banter going on in the chat, which I always love to see. I did come 14th/202 in the 1am freeroll to cash for a whopping 32p. Which is 32p more than I had before, so no complaints from me!

Fixed your post
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Fixed your post

@mumsie yeah tbh that's probably more accurate :D

• Options
    edited July 2020
    So I've managed to run my bankroll right back down again, was up to £150 but got all the way back down to £60 earlier today. I haven't been playing very much but just couldn't seem to find my groove.

Today was a little bit better - 3rd/45 in a 1.10 rebuy this afternoon and then managed 16th/480 in the mini hitman. I don't often play the minis because I'm normally busy until about 10pm, but had a free evening so thought I'd give it a go. Didn't expect to run so well, but took a few bounties along the way and had a nice boost ending up AIPF 3 way with QQ vs TT and AJ, which held. Unfortunately ended up with about 7bb and my AQ couldn't get there against @Allan23 with kings, but still cashed for about £20 which is more than I was expecting and has pushed my br back up to £90.

And finally, my flight is booked, I'm heading off to France at the weekend! Back to work and I can't wait. Although since I can't book my flights myself I have ended up with the most ridiculous itinerary and it is literally going to take me 48 hours to get from A to B.

One question - is it strictly forbidden to play on sky poker from overseas? For example my phone still has a british sim so I can normally access location-restricted sites (such as iplayer or, let's say, sky poker) without use of a vpn. Would I be in trouble if I did this? :#
  • Options
    aynaricol said:

So I've managed to run my bankroll right back down again, was up to £150 but got all the way back down to £60 earlier today. I haven't been playing very much but just couldn't seem to find my groove.

Today was a little bit better - 3rd/45 in a 1.10 rebuy this afternoon and then managed 16th/480 in the mini hitman. I don't often play the minis because I'm normally busy until about 10pm, but had a free evening so thought I'd give it a go. Didn't expect to run so well, but took a few bounties along the way and had a nice boost ending up AIPF 3 way with QQ vs TT and AJ, which held. Unfortunately ended up with about 7bb and my AQ couldn't get there against @Allan23 with kings, but still cashed for about £20 which is more than I was expecting and has pushed my br back up to £90.

And finally, my flight is booked, I'm heading off to France at the weekend! Back to work and I can't wait. Although since I can't book my flights myself I have ended up with the most ridiculous itinerary and it is literally going to take me 48 hours to get from A to B.

One question - is it strictly forbidden to play on sky poker from overseas? For example my phone still has a british sim so I can normally access location-restricted sites (such as iplayer or, let's say, sky poker) without use of a vpn. Would I be in trouble if I did this? :#

Hi @aynaricol

1) Yes, it is strictly forbidden. Sky Poker do not hold a licence in France.

2) Yes, you would be in trouble if Sky Poker found out, & it's possible that you would be disqualified from keeping any winnings you may accrue. They may also close your account permanently.

So my advice is please don't do it.

On a brighter note, you'll be much missed here - have a safe trip & I hope it all goes well.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

Hi @aynaricol

1) Yes, it is strictly forbidden. Sky Poker do not hold a licence in France.

2) Yes, you would be in trouble if Sky Poker found out, & it's possible that you would be disqualified from keeping any winnings you may accrue. They may also close your account permanently.

So my advice is please don't do it.

On a brighter note, you'll be much missed here - have a safe trip & I hope it all goes well.

@Tikay10 ok good to know - I won't do it then!

Thank you very much :) and it's only short season so I'll be back in a couple of months anyway!

• Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    BIG POT POKER
  • Options
    So that's it from me, flight at 9am. It's been a pleasure, and thank you everyone for the lovely welcome to the forum.

I was hoping for something good to report on my last night, but it wasn't to be unfortunately. Bust out of the mini AIPF with AK < 77, and just tried to give one last 5.50 tbh a go. Was running quite well, find myself with JJ so raise, player to my left, who just has me covered, shoves. He seemed like he had been playing pretty loose so I called, see 99. Flop J5T, absolutely fantastic. Turn 8. River 7. Ahh well! To be honest I should be asleep by now anyway.

So again, thank you very much everyone, I'll be back in a few months! GL at the tables!
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,365
    Cheers Anya.

On your next visit back Nostri will explain how to play from Europe without flagging up .

Take care x
  • Options

Take care, visit us when you return.